landS

IPMI Supermicro KVM Desktop

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Good day Plugin Wizards...

Supermicro IPMI requires a slightly older Java version to work - It launches directly in Java (from the static IPMI browser) when you want a screen / kvm session.

Anychance I can talk one of you into building a interface for this?  With different links for different IP addresses in need of control?

Thanks crew!

There is a web version on my supermicro - I just go direct to the ipmi port - 192.168.0.2 in my case without using the java software direct.....

Myk

And if you click on console redirection so that you can interact, does it not try to launch a java download script?

I must be on a different supermicro ipmi version... it still attempts to download a launch.jnlp.

For windows I am able to set the security bypass to high, no such luck on my main machine (linux).... I suppose I will just fire up a dusty windows machine when IPMI maintenance is needed... Though this would be very nice to have as a plugin...

Firmware Revision : 03.38

Firmware Build Time : 2015-01-05

Java 8 update 66 (11/23/215)

Current version - think it was the latest when I installed it for my MB listed below....

Myk

I just found it.

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/ATOM/ICH9/X7SPA.cfm?typ=H&IPMI=Y  ->  http://www.supermicro.com/support/bios/firmware.aspx

looks like it requires a reboot... only 4 more hours of the parity check remaining :)

looks like my bios is a tad dated as well: 1.2a from 02/2012.  Now on R1.2b from 07/2013.  Wonder what the bios update includes...