[Support] urlxl - HDHomeRun DVR [20210501beta1]

Yoshiofthewire

What you are doing here is making me consider investing in the HDHomeRun DVR software (I own the hardware).  I have been using NextPVR with ZaptXML and a Win10 VM.  The idea of a simple Docker (compared to the others I've seen )solution that eliminates the need for a VM is very appealing to me (Even with the DVR fee).    I will keep an eye on your good work here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/27/2017 at 8:14 PM, Yoshiofthewire said:

FYI: The Linux Server has not yet been updated.

https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=289566&sid=7029dd8e5a39a56b722ce3744a83fa82#p289566

As mentioned here
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=31745&start=270

Basically, nothing has changed in the linux version of the record engine since Nov 7th, 2016

SD when they release a new windows installer they do a update the version number only.. but effectively the 20161107 version and any other version since are exactly the same EXCEPT for the version number.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:59 PM, Yoshiofthewire said:

Updated to 20170512beta1

WARNING: As I no longer have an unRaid box I had to extract the binary using Bash on Ubuntu on Windows.

Thank you for keeping this updated.  I'm still interested in trying it. I was holding out for the DVR service to be released at a $30/yr price point but it looks like that's still a ways off.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, Yoshiofthewire said:

Updated to 20170512beta1

WARNING: As I no longer have an unRaid box I had to extract the binary using Bash on Ubuntu on Windows.

New version of record engine out.  Thank you for keeping this working.

HDHomeRun RECORD (20170612beta3)
* Fix problem where movie poster images were not being reported in top level information.
* Add "X-HDHomeRun-Error" HTTP header to provided additional information when a stream request is rejected.
* Performance optimization returning top level lists of recordings.

Hello forum.. 

Just a note for anyone looking.  I was able to install the HDHR Record Engine on unRAID using the miniDLNA container and posted the instructions here: HDHR Engine on unRAID with MiniDLNA    I tried this particular container, urlxl - HDHomeRun DVR , a few times but couldn't seem to get it installed using repository link provided in the OP as I kept receiving errors, so I had to find an additional solution. 

I hope you don't mind me pointing out this alternative method on this string.

Edited by cpthook
22 hours ago, cpthook said:

Hello forum.. 

Just a note for anyone looking.  I was able to install the HDHR Record Engine on unRAID using the miniDLNA container and posted the instructions here: HDHR Engine on unRAID with MiniDLNA    I tried this particular container, urlxl - HDHomeRun DVR , a few times but couldn't seem to get it installed using repository link provided in the OP as I kept receiving errors, so I had to find an additional solution. 

Greatly appreciated, thank you!

Thanks also to Yoshiofthewire for the update.

On 6/21/2017 at 11:05 AM, cpthook said:

Hello forum.. 

Wouldn't this be lost if the docker needs to updated?  You would have to reinstall this again correct?

2 hours ago, JM2005 said:

Wouldn't this be lost if the docker needs to updated?  You would have to reinstall this again correct?

Note that the current release of the NAS Install program does not make any changes to Linux configuration files on the NAS and does not configure the HDHomeRun RECORD engine to run at startup. If you reboot or power cycle the NAS you will need to run the NAS Install program again to start the HDHomeRun RECORD engine.

I'm not sure what happens if the container is updated, but if a reinstall is required it would be quick and easy. 

Edited by cpthook
  • 2 weeks later...

Clearly I'm not figuring out something so very simple. All I'm getting is 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="HdHomeRun" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" https://github.com/Yoshiofthewire/docker-templates/tree/master/urlxl

/usr/bin/docker: Error parsing reference: "https://github.com/Yoshiofthewire/docker-templates/tree/master/urlxl" is not a valid repository/tag.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

I've only installed a couple dockers through Community Applications

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just started using unRAID and installed this container for HDHR DVR.  I noticed that hdhomerun_record_x64 runs as root in the container.  Should this run as "nobody"?  A simple change to supervisord.conf to change "user=root" to "user=nobody" should do the trick, yes?  Is there a reason to run the record engine as root?

Help please.  I am trying to setup a unraid share/docker and point my HDHomeRun tuner for DVR server storage.

I installed the docker on my unraid 6.3.5 server, using the template from post 1.  I created a share called hdhomerundvr and shared via SMG, and made it public access.  When the docker installed, it only had one path and that was for the config or main files.  I added a hdhomerundvr path and pointed to the share I just created.

Do I need any other variables?   There are currently no Ports or IP addresses showing in the config section, which is not normal compared to the other dockers that all have port and IP information.  This makes me think the install did not go as planned.

I have the HDHomeRun Extend and I've purchased the DVR service.  I've used the Windows version to update the firmware to 20180110.  I tried to configure the DVR tab by selecting NAS.  The list that comes up does not show any shares or the unraid server.  It shows my Yamaha receiver and a few other items that just have long numbers for the name and ? mark, not sure what those are.

I can also go directly to the IP address and I see the tuner menu.  Under Internet Configuration, it shows Not Detected, none, not tested.  The tuner has a valid IP via DHCP so it should be able to communicate with the internet just fine.  What should I do about this part?

Is there more detailed instructions on how to configure this docker/unraid setup and how to setup the DVR?

Thanks!

• Yoshiofthewire changed the title to [Support] urlxl - HDHomeRun DVR [20210501beta1]