[Support] urlxl - HDHomeRun DVR [20210501beta1]

What exactly do you have to do after installing this template. In the form /hdhomerun is there. What goes in the other box?

You mean in the "Host path:" box for /hdhomerun? That would be the location of where you want the recordings and log files to go. As an example, mine is set to /mnt/user/Media/Recorded.

I get it now, I think I was having some brain flatulence. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Consider myself another tester of the docker container. 10 recordings in and everything working excellent! would not have guessed on the no NAS as it's a containered linux box it does make sense. Just use Kodi, Hdhomerun View android app, or Win 10 universal app to set your recordings!!!

Add me to the list of testers.  I got it up and running the other day, got one recording so far.  Question is do I need to worry about the log, it is full of:

HDHomeRun RECORD already running

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really glad to see this is going to be usable on UnRAID although I'm not sure I'd use it enough to warrant the $30/year they're going to charge for the service.  Plex integration would be so sweet.  I'm hoping they allow for a free version where it limits the number or recordings or something like that.  Thanks for the work, I may use it someday.

NOTE: The last two updates have also included a firmware upgrade for the tuner.

Not installing this update may cause unexpected issues.

The $30/year is for guide data.  As Schedules Direct charges $25/year for this same data, I don't find this unreasonable.

Schedules Direct is the US data source used by the vast majority of Open Source projects.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Insert complaint that Docker is not pushing the updates down.

I can see the new builds on docker, but my NAS is not installing the update.

A forced update is not installing it either.

If this happens for you please delete and re-create the container.

This fixed it for me.

------------------------------------

The docker has been updated to 20160621atest1 so Please update your tuner firmware.

To update the firmware install the Windows or Mac install and when asked to install the server, select don't.

Then you will get a prompt to configure the tuner after Setup is complete.

Then re-setup the tuner, which will update the firmware and you may have to re-scan channels.

Then check for Docker updates.

You can check your Firmware at http://my.hdhomerun.com/

There is also a link to this on the docker page under .

The HDhomerun.conf is stored inside the Container at root and points to /hdhomerun inside the VM.

RecordPath=/hdhomerun
Port=65002

The docker config then has a mapping to a share in your array.

/mnt/user0/hdhomerun

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting 3 recordings of the same program and other shows don't get recorded that are airing at the same time. Is anyone else having this same problem?

My tuners seem to be locked up when something is recording and I can't watch live TV. Last night it was recording "America's Got Talent" and it was suppose to record "Who's Line Is It Anyways" and it only recorded AGT. On the server only 1 file is there but when I go view it on my Shield TV Pro it shows 3 videos. 1 plays for 3 minutes or so. 2 plays the entire show. 3 errors out or plays sometimes. I checked the HDHomerun app menu and the record engine is disabled on the Shield TV Pro.

Any idea whats happening?

I have docker updated unRAID 20160719atest1. HDHomeRun Extend Firmware 20160630atest2. HDHomeRun Windows 20160719atest1 installed.

All I see is System Log when I goto unraid:65002. When I click that "20160723-13:26:49 Recorded: RecordPath '/hdhomerun/' (fuse)"

Anyone running this docker app have issues seeing your recordings in the hdhomerun view or other apps?

My shows record just fine. Tasks work just fine.

But when I go to the record tab in various apps nothing shows up.

I've tried the hdhomerun view app, the kodi plugin and instatv... all of them say no recorded shows found.

A while back I used channels on Apple TV and it could see my recorded shows without any issues.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Yoshiofthewire changed the title to [Support] urlxl - HDHomeRun DVR [20210501beta1]