-

Your CPU does not support VT-D, you'll need replace/upgrade it if you want to create virtual machines inside of UnRaid.

That's not strictly true, vt-d is only required for passthrough.  Must have vt-x though... I think...

Also as a thought, have you got enough freespace and try creating the VM on a disk share rather than a user share.  Also running a VM image on a parity protected share is a bad idea.  But hopefully you've got that location as cache only, in which case change /mnt/user/ to /mnt/cache/

Whilst I think you are technically correct, I think most people creating VM's un UnRaid want to pass through hardware which is simply not possible in the absence of VT-D support in the CPU. They can probably create a VM but not do too much with it except access it through VNC and use it without any local hardware.

That command line worked and the img file is there at 20GB.

Well you can use that to create your VM with then.  Out of interest, try creating a vdisk without all the spaces, for no other reason than I'd like to work out why you had a problem to start with..

+10 on this  ;D

Yep! It boots into the ISO now. So just out of curiosity, what do you think would cause this?

Not got a clue...

I was hoping it was the /mnt/user instead of a /mnt/disk1 or /mnt/cache/ as that can cause problems with docker containers occasionally.  Or that it was a spaces issue.

Now I'm out of theories.  But at least we got you running. 

Also, assign a different core than 0, Host has preferential rights to 0..

Yep! It boots into the ISO now. So just out of curiosity, what do you think would cause this?

Aliens, definitely aliens  ::)

To be a little bit more serious, it might be that some combination of the file or folder name  trips up the VM manager. There might be some clues in the diagnostics zip created under tools --> diagnostics for limetech.

Aliens, definitely aliens  ::)

To be a little bit more serious, it might be that some combination of the file or folder name  trips up the VM manager. There might be some clues in the diagnostics zip created under tools --> diagnostics for limetech.

That's a good point...  phildep8 would you mind posting this so we can try and figure it out... Please...... Pretty please.....