Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

3 minutes ago, alael said:

i am unable to mount any SMB share from my other NAS (synology) i am able to see the share and add the mount but it stays unmounted and never actually mount any idea? 

It would be better if you attached whatever directly to your post instead of linking to unknown external sites.

I want to start using this plugin to back up my shares to an external HDD.  Where could I go to get help with a script for doing this?  I know there is an example in the 1st post, but I'm not sure what it does/doesn't do.  I'm trying to learn rsync, but I'm not confident plus the rest of the scripting is Greek to me.  Thanks,

5 hours ago, alael said:

For what i saw avahi-daemon has a know bug but i dint rsearch for more then a couple of minute.

diagnostics-20181106-1944.zip

Here is your issue:

Nov  6 19:44:12 alael-net2 unassigned.devices: Mounting 'Auto Mount' Devices...
Nov  6 19:44:14 alael-net2 unassigned.devices: Error: Remote SMB/NFS server '192.168.75.199' is offline and share '//192.168.75.199/Download' cannot be mounted.
Nov  6 19:44:14 alael-net2 unassigned.devices: Error: Remote SMB/NFS server '192.168.75.199' is offline and share '//192.168.75.199/Media' cannot be mounted.

UD checks the remote server by pinging it.  Be sure the server is online and will respond to a ping.

On 11/6/2018 at 3:48 PM, icon123 said:

I want to start using this plugin to back up my shares to an external HDD.  Where could I go to get help with a script for doing this?  I know there is an example in the 1st post, but I'm not sure what it does/doesn't do.  I'm trying to learn rsync, but I'm not confident plus the rest of the scripting is Greek to me.  Thanks,

Can someone show me what/where I need to add in the backup script in the op for backing up additional shares?

3 hours ago, icon123 said:

Can someone show me what/where I need to add in the backup script in the op for backing up additional shares?

These lines in the first script in the OP are where the backup happens. You could just duplicate these lines for each share you want to backup:

logger Pictures share -t$PROG_NAME
        rsync -a -v /mnt/user/Pictures $MOUNTPOINT/ 2>&1 >> $LOGFILE

To keep each share backed up to a separate folder, you would put a subfolder after $MOUNTPOINT/

• Like 1

I have unRaid 6.6.3 and for the life of me I can't get Unassigned Disks to connect to SMB or NFS. My NFS share shows green bubble but when I click mount it fails. I hit the "Search for Server" button and selected the server and then hit "Load Shares" and selected the share. No Luck. As this share is on a Windows 2016 server I have also tried SMB but when I select server, put in admin creds for server, hit load shares, select share it gives me a gray dot next to smb and the "mount" button is gray and not orange. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nov 14 11:15:30 UnRaid unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t nfs -o defaults '192.168.86.5://PlexMedia' '/mnt/disks/PlexMedia'
Nov 14 11:15:30 UnRaid unassigned.devices: Mount of '192.168.86.5://PlexMedia' failed. Error message: mount.nfs: mounting 192.168.86.5://PlexMedia failed, reason given by server: No such file or directory 
Nov 14 11:16:15 UnRaid sudo:     root : TTY=pts/1 ; PWD=/mnt/disks ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/chmod +777 PlexMedia/
Nov 14 11:16:20 UnRaid rpcbind[31397]: connect from 127.0.0.1 to getport/addr(status)
Nov 14 11:16:20 UnRaid unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t nfs -o defaults '192.168.86.5://PlexMedia' '/mnt/disks/PlexMedia'
Nov 14 11:16:20 UnRaid unassigned.devices: Mount of '192.168.86.5://PlexMedia' failed. Error message: mount.nfs: mounting 192.168.86.5://PlexMedia failed, reason given by server: No such file or directory 

2 hours ago, fibreiv said:

I have unRaid 6.6.3 and for the life of me I can't get Unassigned Disks to connect to SMB or NFS. My NFS share shows green bubble but when I click mount it fails. I hit the "Search for Server" button and selected the server and then hit "Load Shares" and selected the share. No Luck. As this share is on a Windows 2016 server I have also tried SMB but when I select server, put in admin creds for server, hit load shares, select share it gives me a gray dot next to smb and the "mount" button is gray and not orange. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nov 14 11:15:30 UnRaid unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t nfs -o defaults '192.168.86.5://PlexMedia' '/mnt/disks/PlexMedia'
Nov 14 11:15:30 UnRaid unassigned.devices: Mount of '192.168.86.5://PlexMedia' failed. Error message: mount.nfs: mounting 192.168.86.5://PlexMedia failed, reason given by server: No such file or directory 
Nov 14 11:16:15 UnRaid sudo:     root : TTY=pts/1 ; PWD=/mnt/disks ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/chmod +777 PlexMedia/
Nov 14 11:16:20 UnRaid rpcbind[31397]: connect from 127.0.0.1 to getport/addr(status)
Nov 14 11:16:20 UnRaid unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t nfs -o defaults '192.168.86.5://PlexMedia' '/mnt/disks/PlexMedia'
Nov 14 11:16:20 UnRaid unassigned.devices: Mount of '192.168.86.5://PlexMedia' failed. Error message: mount.nfs: mounting 192.168.86.5://PlexMedia failed, reason given by server: No such file or directory 

Is that IP address correct.  Is Unraid on the same sub-net 192.168.86.x?  The Windows server must respond to a ping so UD knows it’s alive.

NEW POST: Greyed out MOUNT and FORMAT buttons

I have two drives one formatted one not. For both drives, buttons MOUNT and FORMAT are greyed out.

UNRAID v6.6.5

Unassigned Devices: 2018.11.10a up-to-date

All installed plugins are up to date

Array is started and not other issues noticed (problem is the same if not started)

Have rebooted the server numerous times.

Default UD settings unchanged

thank you, Mike

(EDIT)

Diagnosti cs

nas-diagnostics-20181115-0728.zip

ScreenShot012.thumb.png.8b9cb56296a5ff500603026103fa027a.png

Edited by valamas
1 minute ago, dlandon said:

Is that IP address correct.  Is Unraid on the same sub-net 192.168.86.x?  The Windows server must respond to a ping so UD knows it’s alive.

As I had mentioned I used the buttons that let unraid find the server and the shares. But, yes, they are both on the same network ip wise.

1 hour ago, fibreiv said:

Upgraded to 6.6.5 and tried to readd the SMB share and this is what I get. I even click the "search for servers" and the "load shares" to confirm it was seeing everyting.

image.thumb.png.c8e83788d422ca0c8a328aab58718664.png

Your posts are confusing.  The first one shows referring to the server by ip and it was a Windows server.  Now it’s by name and not a Windows server.

1 minute ago, dlandon said:

Your posts are confusing.  The first one shows referring to the server by ip and it was a Windows server.  Now it’s by name and not a Windows server.

Sorry for the confusion. The log was when I was trying NFS but SMB wants the name.  Neither work for some odd reason and I have stumped. :(  I'm new to UnRaid and am excited to get my Plex container up and running but have gotten stuck on this issue to pass through my iSCSI DroboElite to UnRaid containers. I have also tried just sharing a folder on the c:\ drive of the Windows Server 2016 to rule out something weird with iSCSI but get the same results. Just a side note, the Windows Server is a VM inside UnRaid. Thanks!

• trurl pinned this topic