Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

7 hours ago, x64 said:

New Unraid user here. For some reason my 3TB ST33000650SS Seagate SAS drives (paired up with my LSI 9212-4i HBA in IT mode) aren't showing up in Unassigned Devices. My SATA drives show up just fine on the HBA in Unassigned Devices. The SAS drives preclear and add to my array flawlessly. Anyone run into this before?

Remove the UD plugin and see if the drives show up then as unassigned.  If they do, let me know the drive designations.

9 minutes ago, x64 said:

Are you asking what it looks like when I take the drives out of the array?

No. He's asking what it looks like if you uninstall the Unassigned Devices plugin.

Without the plugin the Unraid webUI will still list the Unassigned Devices, but you can't mount them or otherwise use them. That functionality comes from the plugin.

7 hours ago, dlandon said:

Remove the UD plugin

10 hours ago, trurl said:

No. He's asking what it looks like if you uninstall the Unassigned Devices plugin.

Without the plugin the Unraid webUI will still list the Unassigned Devices, but you can't mount them or otherwise use them. That functionality comes from the plugin.

Do these help? I uninstalled UD and it didn't seem to change anything.

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Good Morning,

So i try to mount my remote disk but when i do so i get this errors: 

Jan 29 08:52:47 Tower unassigned.devices: SMB3 mount failed: mount error(22): Invalid argument Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) .
Jan 29 08:52:47 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount SMB share '//<MY-IP>/Documents' using SMB2 protocol.
Jan 29 08:52:47 Tower kernel: CIFS: Unknown mount option "03"
Jan 29 08:52:47 Tower unassigned.devices: SMB2 mount failed: mount error(22): Invalid argument Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) .
Jan 29 08:52:47 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount SMB share '//<MY-IP>/Documents' using SMB1 protocol.
Jan 29 08:52:47 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,,vers=1.0,username=<MY-user>,password=******* '//<MY-IP>/Documents' '/mnt/disks/<MY-IP>_Documents'
Jan 29 08:52:47 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount of '//<MY-IP>/Documents' failed. Error message: mount error(22): Invalid argument Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) 

First off all i see this command and see two comma at this position: 

dir_mode=0777,,vers=1.0,username=<my-user>,password=******* '//<MY-IP>/Documents' '/mnt/disks/<MY-IP>_Documents'

So this is the first Invalid argument. But what about the "CIFS: Unkown mount option '03'" errors? 

6 hours ago, x64 said:

Do these help? I uninstalled UD and it didn't seem to change anything.

Untitled1.png

Untitled2.png

Unraid doesn't see any disks but the two in your array - sdb and sdc.  If there are supposed to be others, you need to check your bios and see that they are recognized by the motherboard.

3 hours ago, TheRiderU said:

Good Morning,

So i try to mount my remote disk but when i do so i get this errors: 

Jan 29 08:52:47 Tower unassigned.devices: SMB3 mount failed: mount error(22): Invalid argument Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) .
Jan 29 08:52:47 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount SMB share '//<MY-IP>/Documents' using SMB2 protocol.
Jan 29 08:52:47 Tower unassigned.devices: SMB2 mount failed: mount error(22): Invalid argument Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) .
Jan 29 08:52:47 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount SMB share '//<MY-IP>/Documents' using SMB1 protocol.
Jan 29 08:52:47 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,,vers=1.0,username=<MY-user>,password=******* '//<MY-IP>/Documents' '/mnt/disks/<MY-IP>_Documents'
Jan 29 08:52:47 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount of '//<MY-IP>/Documents' failed. Error message: mount error(22): Invalid argument Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) 

First off all i see this command and see two comma at this position: 

dir_mode=0777,,vers=1.0,username=<my-user>,password=******* '//<MY-IP>/Documents' '/mnt/disks/<MY-IP>_Documents'

So this is the first Invalid argument. But what about the "CIFS: Unkown mount option '03'" errors? 

Post your diagnostics.

Hi,

I'm trying to mount a WD Gold 6TB Drive, that's 4KN.

It mounts absolutely fine, formats fine with NTFS,XFS or exFAT, and if i share it, i can see the full 6TB is available and working.

However, if I pass it through to a windows VM, it shows as 3 partitions, two of which are unallocated. if i try and create a new partition within windows DSKMGR it just errors. Tried with diskpart too, errors on any action.

Is there a special way to do this for 4KN drives, or is this issue nothing to do with 4kn?

Im running 6.6.6 with UD: 2019.01.22a

I've attached screenshots here, showing details of config. I have another Seagate 2TB drive that mounts and passes through to windows fine.

Thanks,

Hello @dlandon me again different issue......Unassigned Devices doesn't play well on 6.7.0 rc2 when using the black theme

the pop up when mounting a remote smb/nfs connection it comes up white with white font the other three theme (White, Gray, Azure) are not impacted as they all use a black/gray font, but the black theme uses a white font

UD1.png

UD2.png

UD3.png

13 hours ago, Can0nfan said:

Hello @dlandon me again different issue......Unassigned Devices doesn't play well on 6.7.0 rc2 when using the black theme

the pop up when mounting a remote smb/nfs connection it comes up white with white font the other three theme (White, Gray, Azure) are not impacted as they all use a black/gray font, but the black theme uses a white font

UD1.png

UD2.png

UD3.png

Fixed in the latest release.

Hi

Mounting a SMB share in the new RC it now translates the Hostname to a IP (NICE this is new!)

Writing username and password provides me with the dropdown box of all my shares (Synology box)

FYI: I have enabled SMB1-2-3 on the Synology box

image.png.3285e1389462de18536b1b2b3dcddd61.png

Sofar so god...

image.thumb.png.77212b7c5dcc90f29fec9572a0e7783e.png

But I can't mount the drive?

(I don't have any problem mounting SMB to my Synology from my Shield android box, Kodi, Raspberry etc....´)

I read the FAQ, and also tried forcing it to SMB1

I have looked in the SMB file samba_mount.cfg

and it looks ok?

[//192.168.0.10/ActiveBackupforBusiness]
protocol = "SMB"
ip = "192.168.0.10"
path = "ActiveBackupforBusiness"
user = "PVR"
pass = "********"
share = "ActiveBackupforBusiness"

21 minutes ago, casperse said:

Hi

Mounting a SMB share in the new RC it now translates the Hostname to a IP (NICE this is new!)

Writing username and password provides me with the dropdown box of all my shares (Synology box)

FYI: I have enabled SMB1-2-3 on the Synology box

image.png.3285e1389462de18536b1b2b3dcddd61.png

Sofar so god...

image.thumb.png.77212b7c5dcc90f29fec9572a0e7783e.png

But I can't mount the drive?

(I don't have any problem mounting SMB to my Synology from my Shield android box, Kodi, Raspberry etc....´)

I read the FAQ, and also tried forcing it to SMB1

I have looked in the SMB file samba_mount.cfg

and it looks ok?

protocol = "SMB"
ip = "192.168.0.10"
user = "PVR"
pass = "********"

Update the UD plugin to version 2019.02.05a.  There was a bug causing this problem in the previous version.

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

Show another screenshot of UD so I can see the mount point.  Also post your diagnostics.

Surething first

image.png.120b875bb904a62146e661c93d9b3d5a.png

Then it translate it to the IP (Nice)

image.png.7fb4d93b505b772a0f912eb793677aa3.png

And I add the mount

image.thumb.png.ac1214c88f2dc2edc455ffd814c52d86.png

And the mount config file:

protocol = "SMB"
ip = "192.168.0.10"
user = "PVR"
pass = "********"

And the Diagnostic file tower-diagnostics-20190207-1405.zip

Please let me know if I can provide any other information (and how to get it 🙂

And settings page:

image.thumb.png.76d8e69d3ea465822bf3cc49bbf560e6.png

Edited by casperse
13 minutes ago, casperse said:

Surething first

image.png.120b875bb904a62146e661c93d9b3d5a.png

Then it translate it to the IP (Nice)

image.png.7fb4d93b505b772a0f912eb793677aa3.png

And I add the mount

image.thumb.png.ac1214c88f2dc2edc455ffd814c52d86.png

And the mount config file:

protocol = "SMB"
ip = "192.168.0.10"
user = "PVR"
pass = "********"

And the Diagnostic file tower-diagnostics-20190207-1405.zip

Please let me know if I can provide any other information (and how to get it 🙂

Your server appears off-line to UD.  The server has to respond to a ping or UD thinks it is off-line.

Feb  7 09:57:30 Tower unassigned.devices: Error: Remote SMB/NFS server '192.168.0.10' is offline and share '//192.168.0.10/TV_Shows' cannot be mounted.

Be sure your remote server is configured to respond to a ping.

This is what the SMB indicator shows when the remote server is on-line.

1394216632_SMBOnline.png.471716a16bbab2309ff2ba8e5fc8f968.png

So its Ping? The server is online if I write the //192.168.0.... it connects

So maybe some special FW rule to allow ping (Is this normal SMB configuration I dont have any setup like this on my other servers?)

Any way not sure what to do next, maybee its a network issue not sure Unify allows network ping by default

Again Thanks for your quick reply!

47 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Your server appears off-line to UD.  The server has to respond to a ping or UD thinks it is off-line.

Feb  7 09:57:30 Tower unassigned.devices: Error: Remote SMB/NFS server '192.168.0.10' is offline and share '//192.168.0.10/TV_Shows' cannot be mounted.

Be sure your remote server is configured to respond to a ping.

This is what the SMB indicator shows when the remote server is on-line.

1394216632_SMBOnline.png.471716a16bbab2309ff2ba8e5fc8f968.png

Ok solution was to first allow ping on Unifi USG

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003146787-UniFi-USG-Firewall-How-to-Enable-ICMP-over-WAN

And then create a FW rule on the Synology for Ping

https://www.randomhacks.co.uk/how-to-allow-incoming-pings-through-synology-firewall/

That fixed the SMB indicator!

1 hour ago, casperse said:

So its Ping? The server is online if I write the //192.168.0.... it connects

So maybe some special FW rule to allow ping (Is this normal SMB configuration I dont have any setup like this on my other servers?)

Any way not sure what to do next, maybee its a network issue not sure Unify allows network ping by default

Again Thanks for your quick reply!

UD has to ping so it can show the status of the remote server.  The share might be mountable, but UD doesn't know that without the server responding to a ping.

On 1/27/2019 at 6:52 PM, x64 said:

New Unraid user here. For some reason my 3TB ST33000650SS Seagate SAS drives (paired up with my LSI 9212-4i HBA in IT mode) aren't showing up in Unassigned Devices. My SATA drives show up just fine on the HBA in Unassigned Devices. The SAS drives preclear and add to my array flawlessly. Anyone run into this before?

Just following up here. Got a new 3TB HGST SAS drive and that one does show up correctly in Unassigned Devices. I now have 3 Seagate ST33000650SS SAS drives and none of them show up in UD when taken out of the array or are still unformated. I wonder if it's a bug or something? They are all on the same HBA. Let me know if I can furnish logs or something to help with this.

working.png

48 minutes ago, x64 said:

Just following up here. Got a new 3TB HGST SAS drive and that one does show up correctly in Unassigned Devices. I now have 3 Seagate ST33000650SS SAS drives and none of them show up in UD when taken out of the array or are still unformated. I wonder if it's a bug or something? They are all on the same HBA. Let me know if I can furnish logs or something to help with this.

working.png

Post diagnostics.  Tools->Diagnostics

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

Remove the UD plugin and then navigate to the Unassigned Devices tab and show me a screen shot.  It looks like the disk drive designations are not being recognized by UD.

Is this what you are needing? I don't see anything in the area UD is when the plugin is removed.

1.png

• trurl pinned this topic