Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

9 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I don't think it is 6.8.1.  This is all under the control of UD.  Please post diagnostics for further help.

Yes SMB is broken again in the current version. I was trying to roll back like I did the last time this happened but I'm getting an error. Not sure what's up with that but it could be me. I've been trying to get it done on a phone with spotty cellular internet instead of watching plex on the ferry. 

Could you link me the install path for the commit on Jan 13th.

I will attach my diags tomorrow when I have local access to my server if you still need it. 

10 minutes ago, StuDaBaiker said:

Yes SMB is broken again in the current version. I was trying to roll back like I did the last time this happened but I'm getting an error. Not sure what's up with that but it could be me. I've been trying to get it done on a phone with spotty cellular internet instead of watching plex on the ferry. 

Could you link me the install path for the commit on Jan 13th.

I will attach my diags tomorrow when I have local access to my server if you still need it. 

Be sure you have the latest UD installed.  There have been several fixes even today to for SMB mounts.

39 minutes ago, StuDaBaiker said:

Yes SMB is broken again in the current version.

It is UD, not Unraid.  I have been making some mistakes because I am not an openssl expert.  I believe it is all sorted out now.  Just be sure to have the latest version of UD - 2020.01.18a.

• Haha 1

Is it possible to access my UD share with a different user/pass combo than I would be using for my main Unraid access?

See attached image for a better explanation.

- I am connecting to Unraid SMB as user psmith

- I have a UD named staging shared. A Ubuntu VM is installed on the UD and also has a user psmith

- I can access the UD over SMB, but I only have access to the psmith home folder. This all makes senes.

- Ideally, I would like to mount the UD share locally as root (or any user other than psmith, for that matter)

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 4.19.53 PM.png

Edited by torch2k
3 hours ago, StuDaBaiker said:

18a still not working for me. I will try to remote in and get diags

fender-diagnostics-20200118-2114.zip 106.56 kB · 0 downloads

After upgrading to UD 2020.01.18a, you MUST remove the SMB shares (with passwords) and enter them back in.  UD will re-generate the key used to encrypt/decrypt your passwords.  This will invalidate the previous passwords.

I don't see in your log where you removed them and re-added them.

Edited by dlandon
3 hours ago, torch2k said:

Is it possible to access my UD share with a different user/pass combo than I would be using for my main Unraid access?

You can add additional users to Unraid with whatever access you want specified by share.

3 hours ago, torch2k said:

- Ideally, I would like to mount the UD share locally as root (or any user other than psmith, for that matter)

This is sort of what already happens.  In the UD Settings, you specify which Unraid users have access to UD devices.  You can't specify users by UD device.

Edited by dlandon

I am trying to mount a drive that I have in another machine (windows) on my LAN but when I click the mount button it acts like it will mount then returns the following error.

Status code returned 0xc000006d STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13

CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13
Jan 19 15:23:59 Atlantis unassigned.devices: Mount of '//192.168.1.234/Network_Backup' failed. Error message: 'mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg) '.

Here's what I have tested/attempted so far:

Uninstalled Unassigned Devices/Reboot/Reinstall

Created a share on another machine on my network and it mounted right away

Checked permissions on the remote system (nothing changed)

Credentials are correct and I have no problem seeing shares on network from within Unassigned Devices

I should add I've never had this issue with this setup and was working previously. Only thing I've done recently is upgrade to 6.8.0 then back to 6.7.2 and then to 6.8.1 and back to 6.7.2

atlantis-diagnostics-20200119-2116.zip

5 minutes ago, chFresh said:

i have same problem i am mounting shares form different Unraid server, but it suddenlyt broke after 6.8.1

when trying to mount it just flashes and don't mount.

The most obvious question is have you tried to delete the SMB shares, and then re-add them?  Latest versions of UD require this to happen.

40 minutes ago, sourCream said:

I am trying to mount a drive that I have in another machine (windows) on my LAN but when I click the mount button it acts like it will mount then returns the following error.

Status code returned 0xc000006d STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13

CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13
Jan 19 15:23:59 Atlantis unassigned.devices: Mount of '//192.168.1.234/Network_Backup' failed. Error message: 'mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg) '.

Here's what I have tested/attempted so far:

Uninstalled Unassigned Devices/Reboot/Reinstall

Created a share on another machine on my network and it mounted right away

Checked permissions on the remote system (nothing changed)

Credentials are correct and I have no problem seeing shares on network from within Unassigned Devices

I should add I've never had this issue with this setup and was working previously. Only thing I've done recently is upgrade to 6.8.0 then back to 6.7.2 and then to 6.8.1 and back to 6.7.2

atlantis-diagnostics-20200119-2116.zip 148.21 kB · 1 download

After the latest UD update, the SMB mounts with passwords need to be removed and re-added.

21 minutes ago, chFresh said:

i have same problem i am mounting shares form different Unraid server, but it suddenlyt broke after 6.8.1

when trying to mount it just flashes and don't mount.

After the latest UD update, the SMB mounts with passwords need to be removed and re-added.

4 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Yep I have done all that. What I don't understand is I can create a share on a separate machine or vm and I have no issues mounting the share through UD. 

Edited by sourCream
4 minutes ago, sourCream said:

Yep I have done all that. What I don't understand is I can create a share on a separate machine or vm and I have no issues mounting the share through UD. 

Be sure you have the latest UD - version 2020.01.18a.  Remove and re-add only after you have the latest update.

So I went into my flash drive and under config > plugins I deleted anything related to unassigned devices. Rebooted and installed UD and I am able to mount the remote share, however.. the share is not visible anywhere and can't be navigated to outside of unRAID's Web UI

EDIT: Took a few minutes for the share to pop up but I think its working now.

Edited by sourCream
  • Thanks 1
  • trurl pinned this topic