Jump to content
dlandon

Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

3856 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

 

UnRaid 6.6.6

UD Plugin  2018.12.30a

Mounting an external 8TB USB3 HDD - "STEB8000100"

Freshly formatted the entire 8TB as XFS

 

I've noticed "lately" (I think since the 6.6.6 update?) that I often loose my UD drive mount. Rebooting the entire server seem to bring it back but it is not an ideal solution. I use the UD mount for 3 main operations. 

 

1.) A target for the latest "CA Backup / Restore Appdata" plugin - backups go into separate folders.

2.) A folder share for my "LibreELEC_Kodi" VM where I store & play very large (40-60GB) UHD/4K movies.

3.) A backup file path / location for my "binhex-rtorrentvpn" docker -mounted with the SLAVE R/W option. I have a single small 250GB cache SSD where most of my active torrents seed from.  However when seeding several large torrents I sometimes move them to the UD folder to free up space on my SSD. 

 

My UD mount can have anywhere from 5 to several hundred open files - depending on the Torrents I might be seeding. 

In general performance from the UD mount is awesome. No problem streaming 50GB 4K MKV's to the Kodi VM. While simultaneously seeding a few torrents. 

 

My question is:

 

Is there a practical limit to what sort of load I should expect from a decent 7K SATA USB3 drive mounted via Unassigned Devices? Is having a few hundred open files across the USB3 link too many? -And maybe causing the plugin to crash? 

 

In general if I leave it alone, UD seems fine. But If I do a large file copy to/from from my W10 PC it seems to suddenly dismount and things go sideways... 

 

Thanks for all the great work.

 

Bertrand. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, bertrandr said:

Is there a practical limit to what sort of load I should expect from a decent 7K SATA USB3 drive mounted via Unassigned Devices?

Just the speed of the disk and link.

4 hours ago, bertrandr said:

Is having a few hundred open files across the USB3 link too many? -And maybe causing the plugin to crash? 

UD doesn't crash.  It is a WebUI to manage the mounting and unmounting of the drives and run scripts.

4 hours ago, bertrandr said:

In general if I leave it alone, UD seems fine. But If I do a large file copy to/from from my W10 PC it seems to suddenly dismount and things go sideways... 

This is an issue with USB and/or Linux.  UD uses Linux to mount and manage the disk.

 

In general, a USB connection is not the best for the disk load you are describing.  You should use a sata or nvme disk.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dlandon said:

UD doesn't crash.

Famous last words 😁

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Squid said:

Famous last words 😁

There you go, bustin' my chops again.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, dlandon said:

Just the speed of the disk and link.

UD doesn't crash.  It is a WebUI to manage the mounting and unmounting of the drives and run scripts.

This is an issue with USB and/or Linux.  UD uses Linux to mount and manage the disk.

 

In general, a USB connection is not the best for the disk load you are describing.  You should use a sata or nvme disk.

Thanks, my little ITX based server board is already maxed out for internal drives, hence the reason I use the great UD plugin. I will soon upgrade my cache drive to 512 or even 1 tb since that hosts most of the busy workloads on my server. 

 

Is there anything I can/should be doing to make sure the usb3 connection is using the fastest/ stable config under Unraid? 

 

Cheers,

 

BR

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bertrandr said:

Thanks, my little ITX based server board is already maxed out for internal drives, hence the reason I use the great UD plugin. I will soon upgrade my cache drive to 512 or even 1 tb since that hosts most of the busy workloads on my server. 

 

Is there anything I can/should be doing to make sure the usb3 connection is using the fastest/ stable config under Unraid? 

 

Cheers,

 

BR

Issues have been reported lately with USB disks and UD.  I suspect that there has been a change in Linux causing USB issues.  You might try a USB 2 port, but as you know it will not be quite as fast.

 

Using an SSD cache on a SATA or Nvme port is a good way to handle a busy workload.  I find it works very well for my VMs and Dockers and I don't see any speed issues.

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, manofcolombia said:

Testing it now. Set the share up as a separate library so the setup should be identical now. 

Any feedback?  If it works for you, I'd like to release it.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, dlandon said:

Any feedback?  If it works for you, I'd like to release it.

Just got it happening a couple of times since I tested. But it was literally just happening. Here are the fresh diagnostics

The worst thing is, I start getting crazy cpu_io_wait, assuming because plex container expects the path to be there but the path isn't happy. 

image.png.aaa6964c04733a8cfec15c36ea6fc513.png

 

image.thumb.png.59c72b1c1dff995475c686e3a635c6f5.png


So what I end up having to do is:

 1. stop plex - because it normally won't remount if its still running and it'll give me a blank error reason

 2. Unmount the share which works sometimes on the first try but can take 30-45+ seconds for the plugin to say its actually unmounted - also sometimes does not work on the first try 
2a. Start plex if I don't feel like dealing with #3 and back to normal

3. Mount the NFS share again, very rarely works on the first try
4. Start plex once the share is mounted successfully again

stylophora-diagnostics-20181231-1834.zip

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, manofcolombia said:

Just got it happening a couple of times since I tested. But it was literally just happening. Here are the fresh diagnostics

The worst thing is, I start getting crazy cpu_io_wait, assuming because plex container expects the path to be there but the path isn't happy. 

image.png.aaa6964c04733a8cfec15c36ea6fc513.png

 

image.thumb.png.59c72b1c1dff995475c686e3a635c6f5.png


So what I end up having to do is:

 1. stop plex - because it normally won't remount if its still running and it'll give me a blank error reason

 2. Unmount the share which works sometimes on the first try but can take 30-45+ seconds for the plugin to say its actually unmounted - also sometimes does not work on the first try 
2a. Start plex if I don't feel like dealing with #3 and back to normal

3. Mount the NFS share again, very rarely works on the first try
4. Start plex once the share is mounted successfully again

stylophora-diagnostics-20181231-1834.zip

It doesn't look like the lib.php was put in the right spot.  The mount was still using the default settings.  I'm going to release the changes I've made.  Update the UD plugin and then un-mount and re-mount your nfs shares and try again.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/31/2018 at 7:04 PM, dlandon said:

It doesn't look like the lib.php was put in the right spot.  The mount was still using the default settings.  I'm going to release the changes I've made.  Update the UD plugin and then un-mount and re-mount your nfs shares and try again.

Still dies at some point after heavy use. But there are no more timeouts in the logs.
image.thumb.png.64639e16908ac5e28fbfb900c9e283d0.png

 

stylophora-diagnostics-20190102-0651.zip

Edited by manofcolombia

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, manofcolombia said:

Still dies at some point after heavy use. But there are no more timeouts in the logs.
image.thumb.png.64639e16908ac5e28fbfb900c9e283d0.png

 

stylophora-diagnostics-20190102-0651.zip

Looks like a Docker (Plex) is having network issues?

Jan  1 15:59:36 stylophora kernel: veth0cb3b62: renamed from eth0
Jan  1 15:59:36 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc5f9391) entered disabled state
Jan  1 15:59:36 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Interface vethc5f9391.IPv6 no longer relevant for mDNS.
Jan  1 15:59:36 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Leaving mDNS multicast group on interface vethc5f9391.IPv6 with address fe80::a432:c5ff:fec9:e8a0.
Jan  1 15:59:36 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc5f9391) entered disabled state
Jan  1 15:59:36 stylophora kernel: device vethc5f9391 left promiscuous mode
Jan  1 15:59:36 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc5f9391) entered disabled state
Jan  1 15:59:36 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Withdrawing address record for fe80::a432:c5ff:fec9:e8a0 on vethc5f9391.
Jan  1 15:59:37 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered blocking state
Jan  1 15:59:37 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered disabled state
Jan  1 15:59:37 stylophora kernel: device vethc413601 entered promiscuous mode
Jan  1 15:59:37 stylophora kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): vethc413601: link is not ready
Jan  1 15:59:37 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered blocking state
Jan  1 15:59:37 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered forwarding state
Jan  1 15:59:37 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered disabled state
Jan  1 15:59:39 stylophora kernel: eth0: renamed from vethe747236
Jan  1 15:59:39 stylophora kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): vethc413601: link becomes ready
Jan  1 15:59:39 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered blocking state
Jan  1 15:59:39 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered forwarding state
Jan  1 15:59:41 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface vethc413601.IPv6 with address fe80::2cfc:7bff:fe1e:c30f.
Jan  1 15:59:41 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: New relevant interface vethc413601.IPv6 for mDNS.
Jan  1 15:59:41 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Registering new address record for fe80::2cfc:7bff:fe1e:c30f on vethc413601.*.
Jan  1 16:22:16 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered disabled state
Jan  1 16:22:16 stylophora kernel: vethe747236: renamed from eth0
Jan  1 16:22:16 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Interface vethc413601.IPv6 no longer relevant for mDNS.
Jan  1 16:22:16 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Leaving mDNS multicast group on interface vethc413601.IPv6 with address fe80::2cfc:7bff:fe1e:c30f.
Jan  1 16:22:16 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered disabled state
Jan  1 16:22:16 stylophora kernel: device vethc413601 left promiscuous mode
Jan  1 16:22:16 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered disabled state
Jan  1 16:22:16 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Withdrawing address record for fe80::2cfc:7bff:fe1e:c30f on vethc413601.
Jan  1 16:22:33 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(veth6eae646) entered blocking state
Jan  1 16:22:33 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(veth6eae646) entered disabled state
Jan  1 16:22:33 stylophora kernel: device veth6eae646 entered promiscuous mode
Jan  1 16:22:33 stylophora kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): veth6eae646: link is not ready
Jan  1 16:22:33 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(veth6eae646) entered blocking state
Jan  1 16:22:33 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(veth6eae646) entered forwarding state
Jan  1 16:22:33 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(veth6eae646) entered disabled state
Jan  1 16:22:43 stylophora kernel: eth0: renamed from vetha205cae
Jan  1 16:22:43 stylophora kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): veth6eae646: link becomes ready
Jan  1 16:22:43 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(veth6eae646) entered blocking state
Jan  1 16:22:43 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(veth6eae646) entered forwarding state
Jan  1 16:22:44 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface veth6eae646.IPv6 with address fe80::dc6e:4fff:fec6:7906.
Jan  1 16:22:44 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: New relevant interface veth6eae646.IPv6 for mDNS.
Jan  1 16:22:44 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Registering new address record for fe80::dc6e:4fff:fec6:7906 on veth6eae646.*.
Jan  1 23:03:54 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[28568]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffdc8b86490 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:03:54 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:04:06 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[29149]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffc2d4a0e50 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:04:06 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:04:18 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[29588]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffc874bb5b0 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:04:18 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:04:30 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[30018]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007fffe5437d20 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:04:30 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:10:52 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[12826]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffda5149e20 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:10:52 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:11:06 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[13439]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007fff5a2d0a30 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:11:06 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:11:21 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[14042]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffe7f44c000 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:11:21 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:11:48 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[15213]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffe5a6e5a80 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:11:48 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:12:14 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[16399]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffc39211220 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:12:14 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:12:26 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[16899]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffda782b960 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:12:26 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:12:38 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[17401]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007fff1e79de40 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:12:38 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:12:49 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[17918]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffe9bdd6d20 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:12:49 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/2/2019 at 10:29 AM, dlandon said:

Looks like a Docker (Plex) is having network issues?


Jan  1 15:59:36 stylophora kernel: veth0cb3b62: renamed from eth0
Jan  1 15:59:36 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc5f9391) entered disabled state
Jan  1 15:59:36 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Interface vethc5f9391.IPv6 no longer relevant for mDNS.
Jan  1 15:59:36 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Leaving mDNS multicast group on interface vethc5f9391.IPv6 with address fe80::a432:c5ff:fec9:e8a0.
Jan  1 15:59:36 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc5f9391) entered disabled state
Jan  1 15:59:36 stylophora kernel: device vethc5f9391 left promiscuous mode
Jan  1 15:59:36 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc5f9391) entered disabled state
Jan  1 15:59:36 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Withdrawing address record for fe80::a432:c5ff:fec9:e8a0 on vethc5f9391.
Jan  1 15:59:37 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered blocking state
Jan  1 15:59:37 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered disabled state
Jan  1 15:59:37 stylophora kernel: device vethc413601 entered promiscuous mode
Jan  1 15:59:37 stylophora kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): vethc413601: link is not ready
Jan  1 15:59:37 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered blocking state
Jan  1 15:59:37 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered forwarding state
Jan  1 15:59:37 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered disabled state
Jan  1 15:59:39 stylophora kernel: eth0: renamed from vethe747236
Jan  1 15:59:39 stylophora kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): vethc413601: link becomes ready
Jan  1 15:59:39 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered blocking state
Jan  1 15:59:39 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered forwarding state
Jan  1 15:59:41 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface vethc413601.IPv6 with address fe80::2cfc:7bff:fe1e:c30f.
Jan  1 15:59:41 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: New relevant interface vethc413601.IPv6 for mDNS.
Jan  1 15:59:41 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Registering new address record for fe80::2cfc:7bff:fe1e:c30f on vethc413601.*.
Jan  1 16:22:16 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered disabled state
Jan  1 16:22:16 stylophora kernel: vethe747236: renamed from eth0
Jan  1 16:22:16 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Interface vethc413601.IPv6 no longer relevant for mDNS.
Jan  1 16:22:16 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Leaving mDNS multicast group on interface vethc413601.IPv6 with address fe80::2cfc:7bff:fe1e:c30f.
Jan  1 16:22:16 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered disabled state
Jan  1 16:22:16 stylophora kernel: device vethc413601 left promiscuous mode
Jan  1 16:22:16 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(vethc413601) entered disabled state
Jan  1 16:22:16 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Withdrawing address record for fe80::2cfc:7bff:fe1e:c30f on vethc413601.
Jan  1 16:22:33 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(veth6eae646) entered blocking state
Jan  1 16:22:33 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(veth6eae646) entered disabled state
Jan  1 16:22:33 stylophora kernel: device veth6eae646 entered promiscuous mode
Jan  1 16:22:33 stylophora kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): veth6eae646: link is not ready
Jan  1 16:22:33 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(veth6eae646) entered blocking state
Jan  1 16:22:33 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(veth6eae646) entered forwarding state
Jan  1 16:22:33 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(veth6eae646) entered disabled state
Jan  1 16:22:43 stylophora kernel: eth0: renamed from vetha205cae
Jan  1 16:22:43 stylophora kernel: IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): veth6eae646: link becomes ready
Jan  1 16:22:43 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(veth6eae646) entered blocking state
Jan  1 16:22:43 stylophora kernel: docker0: port 24(veth6eae646) entered forwarding state
Jan  1 16:22:44 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface veth6eae646.IPv6 with address fe80::dc6e:4fff:fec6:7906.
Jan  1 16:22:44 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: New relevant interface veth6eae646.IPv6 for mDNS.
Jan  1 16:22:44 stylophora avahi-daemon[5852]: Registering new address record for fe80::dc6e:4fff:fec6:7906 on veth6eae646.*.
Jan  1 23:03:54 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[28568]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffdc8b86490 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:03:54 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:04:06 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[29149]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffc2d4a0e50 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:04:06 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:04:18 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[29588]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffc874bb5b0 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:04:18 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:04:30 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[30018]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007fffe5437d20 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:04:30 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:10:52 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[12826]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffda5149e20 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:10:52 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:11:06 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[13439]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007fff5a2d0a30 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:11:06 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:11:21 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[14042]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffe7f44c000 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:11:21 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:11:48 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[15213]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffe5a6e5a80 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:11:48 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:12:14 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[16399]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffc39211220 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:12:14 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:12:26 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[16899]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffda782b960 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:12:26 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:12:38 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[17401]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007fff1e79de40 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:12:38 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 c7 43 20 00 00 00 00 0f 84 15 02 00 00 44 8b 
Jan  1 23:12:49 stylophora kernel: Plex Transcoder[17918]: segfault at 48 ip 000000000047ef67 sp 00007ffe9bdd6d20 error 4 in Plex Transcoder[400000+c69000]
Jan  1 23:12:49 stylophora kernel: Code: e8 fe af ff ff 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d c3 0f 1f 80 00 00 00 00 41 57 41 56 41 89 d6 41 55 49 89 fd 41 54 55 48 89 f5 53 48 83 ec 28 <48> 8b 5f 48 48 85 f6 

 

Yea that hasn't happened before. May have been a one off kind of deal.

Share this post


Link to post

Regarding: 

With the normal disks mounted within unraid itself you can enable/disable the monitoring of certain SMART values.
The mounted disks via Unassigned Devices don't have this option, and seem to follow the default settings as set in "UnRaid: settings -> disk settings".

Would it be possible to implement this same SMART attribute monitoring menu like in unraid where these can be toggled on/off ?

Screenshot.png

Share this post


Link to post

First Unassigned Devices needs to be integrated into base unraid distribution since it currently limits by number of devices. Then the same handling can be standardized across assigned and unassigned drives by the core developers.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, BRiT said:

First Unassigned Devices needs to be integrated into base unraid distribution since it currently limits by number of devices. Then the same handling can be standardized across assigned and unassigned drives by the core developers.

If the drive would be part of the array, either by extending it, or functioning as a cache drive, I would agree with you.
However, I'm just using it as a separate drive to store my config files on because I want to prevent my HDD's spinning up unnecessarily.
I feel like the device count only counts (and should stay that way) towards the array functionality, as that's what UnRaid is mainly all about.

If this plugin would be integrated with unraid and they'd start counting towards the device limit, a lot of people of the community will get very unhappy. And reasonably so.

Edited by xorinzor

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, xorinzor said:

If the drive would be part of the array, either by extending it, or functioning as a cache drive, I would agree with you.
However, I'm just using it as a separate drive to store my config files on because I want to prevent my HDD's spinning up unnecessarily.
I feel like the device count only counts (and should stay that way) towards the array functionality, as that's what UnRaid is mainly all about.

If this plugin would be integrated with unraid and they'd start counting towards the device limit, a lot of people of the community will get very unhappy. And reasonably so.

If you are talking about the attached devices limit in the various license options then all devices attached at the point you start the array  count towards this limit regardless of whether they are being used by UnRAID.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, itimpi said:

If you are talking about the attached devices limit in the various license options then all devices attached at the point you start the array  count towards this limit regardless of whether they are being used by UnRAID.

Ah, I didn't realize they already counted towards the limit. Nevermind then.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/9/2018 at 2:39 PM, trurl said:

These lines in the first script in the OP are where the backup happens. You could just duplicate these lines for each share you want to backup:

 


        logger Pictures share -t$PROG_NAME
        rsync -a -v /mnt/user/Pictures $MOUNTPOINT/ 2>&1 >> $LOGFILE

To keep each share backed up to a separate folder, you would put a subfolder after $MOUNTPOINT/

What would the syntax be if I wanted to backup a specific directory called Home Movies in a share called Movies be?  i.e. /Movies/Home Movies

Share this post


Link to post

You'd have to escape out the space in the directory name somehow. Two choices are using double-quotes around entire name or use backslash-space sequence:

 

"/mnt/user/Movies/Home Movies"

 

/mnt/user/Movies/Home\ Movies

Share this post


Link to post

I am using UD to mount and share a 4TB external drive on my server. I am trying to rsync files from my array to the drive. Here is the command to initiate the transfer:

rsync -av /mnt/user/Photography/2005/ /mnt/disks/EasyStore_4/2005/

 

When the rsync finishes it displays the following message:

rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1189) [sender=3.1.3]

The all are of the following type:

rsync: chown "/mnt/disks/EasyStore_4/2005/12-25-2005/.12-25-05(2).JPG.nkTWa8" failed: Operation not permitted (1)

 

I compared the source and destination paths after the operation and it looks like all the files were transferred - the count of files and folders along with total size are all equal. I searched and found a post where the discussion was about how the volume being written to was mounted and the root user wouldn't have permission to set ownership on a that volume. The suggested remedy was to run rsync -rltgoDv instead of the -a option. Would this correct my issue or is there a better way to correct this so I can run rsync without any errors. Having any error at the end of an rsync is not what I'd prefer to have.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, wsume99 said:

The suggested remedy was to run rsync -rltgoDv instead of the -a option. Would this correct my issue or is there a better way to correct this so I can run rsync without any errors. Having any error at the end of an rsync is not what I'd prefer to have.

That's likely the best way, you can also keep -a and just add the --no-perms flag, e.g.: rsync -av --no-perms etc

Share this post


Link to post

I'm having and issue with UA.  It seems to work fine for a bit then locks up and maxes out a few of my cores but never actually loads.  I have a left over WD MyBook attached via USB.  I leave it go and after a day or so and it seems to get stuck trying to mount the drive.  As soon as i unplug it the cpu usage drop and the UA network mounted locations pop up.  I'm not seeing anything in the SMART reports for the drive to indicate it is failing.  Any thoughts from anyone on how to troubleshoot?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, jbrown705 said:

I'm having and issue with UA.  It seems to work fine for a bit then locks up and maxes out a few of my cores but never actually loads.  I have a left over WD MyBook attached via USB.  I leave it go and after a day or so and it seems to get stuck trying to mount the drive.  As soon as i unplug it the cpu usage drop and the UA network mounted locations pop up.  I'm not seeing anything in the SMART reports for the drive to indicate it is failing.  Any thoughts from anyone on how to troubleshoot?

 

Thanks!

Please post your diagnostics.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, dlandon said:

Please post your diagnostics.

I'm sorry, I am not sure which one you need (and possibly how to get it).  Did you want the main log file from the log tab or something else?  Do you need it when the the issue is actually happening?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

Diagnostics are a ZIP file obtained via Tools->Diagnostics (or by using the ‘diagnostics’ command from a terminal session). 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.