Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

Just now, Deano309 said:

As you can see, once 1 is mounted, the second shows 0.

If I remove the first then the second drive works fine.

If accessing shares then it corresponds to whichever is first in the list.

unraid Capture.PNG

They have the same id.  UD can't handle that.

34 minutes ago, Deano309 said:

But the ID shown within UD is a shortened version. If I mount a drive into the array then it shows the full ID as shown on disk 1.

Is there a way to get UD to recognise the full ID?

That's not how UD works.  As @trurl said, your setup is not ideal and you need to find another way.

Just now, itimpi said:

I suspect it is a limitation of the disk controller and how it is handled under Linux

Well since it works as expected in Unraid I am inclined to think otherwise.

UD sees/manages the controller differently - so has the limitations I have encountered.

It is an easy enough workaround - I can only have 1 drive mounted with UD so I can manage it and then add to the array prior to mounting another.

Not ideal but it is managable.

On 3/13/2019 at 7:28 PM, zaraki1311 said:

Hello, 

I have been using this plugin for a few months now without much issue, but today I made a few changes in my network that seem to have broken a few things. My current setup is my my unraid server is basically just to run VMs and dockers. My main storage is a QNAP server. I have been using Unassigned Devices to map my network shares to my dockers. The change I made today was to make my QNAP an domain controller. This change makes it so a domain account is required to access a share. I have configured all of that, but it appears that I can't connect to the shares with Unassigned Devices now. I am using SMB to connect and adding the domain to the front of the user. All my Windows machines seem to be working fine connecting. below is the log I get from unraid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 13 19:05:40 ArlongPark unassigned.devices: Mount SMB share '//192.168.0.225/Books' using SMB3 protocol.
Mar 13 19:05:40 ArlongPark kernel: Status code returned 0xc000006d STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
Mar 13 19:05:40 ArlongPark kernel: CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
Mar 13 19:05:40 ArlongPark kernel: CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13
Mar 13 19:05:40 ArlongPark unassigned.devices: Mount SMB/NFS command: mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,,vers=3.0,username=zaraki1311.com\UnRAID,password=******* '//192.168.0.225/Books' '/mnt/disks/192.168.0.225_Books'
Mar 13 19:05:40 ArlongPark unassigned.devices: Mount of '//192.168.0.225/Books' failed. Error message: mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) 

So After a little playing I have sort of got this to work. If I copy the mount command and give it the domain parameter and run it in the terminal it works fine and shows in UD like it was setup with UD, but if I reboot I have to remount manually. Below is an example of what I ran. Is there a chance that support for domain users will be added?

mount -t cifs -o rw,nounix,iocharset=utf8,_netdev,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,,vers=3.0,username=UnRAID,domain=zaraki1311.com,password=******* '//192.168.0.225/Books' '/mnt/disks/192.168.0.225_Books'

4 hours ago, zaraki1311 said:

I am using SMB to connect and adding the domain to the front of the user.

Show me how you enter this to the user?  I might be able to extract the domain from the user if it you let me know the syntax for the domain & user.

This has come up before, but I don't remember the outcome.

New to UD and have a likely simple question regarding setting up a dedicated UD drive for use as a Deluge download drive. I setup the drive in UD (precleared, formatted xfs, mounted) and changed the name of the mounting point/share to DelugeDL via UD on the main page. However, when I go to the shares page to configure the UD share, the only disks available to include are the array drives...

I only want this UD disk included in this share for downloading and seeding purposes. Probably something obvious I'm missing. Any guidance?

29 minutes ago, BBLV said:

New to UD and have a likely simple question regarding setting up a dedicated UD drive for use as a Deluge download drive. I setup the drive in UD (precleared, formatted xfs, mounted) and changed the name of the mounting point/share to DelugeDL via UD on the main page. However, when I go to the shares page to configure the UD share, the only disks available to include are the array drives...

I only want this UD disk included in this share for downloading and seeding purposes. Probably something obvious I'm missing. Any guidance?

You won’t see UD shares on the “Shares” tab. Only the shares you configured in unraid. Assuming you are running Deluge on your server there isn’t any need to share the disk. Just add the path in the docker.

10 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

You won’t see UD shares on the “Shares” tab. Only the shares you configured in unraid. Assuming you are running Deluge on your server there isn’t any need to share the disk. Just add the path in the docker.

Ok. That's odd, as I DO see a share on the Shares tab that matches the UD disk name...

I used Krusader to move several folders from my cache drive to this new UD drive and ran Mover. The folders moved, but the drives on the Main tab don't show that any data has moved. I guess that's why I'm "stuck" on the Shares tab and how to allocate the proper disks/cache to the UD disk/share.

34 minutes ago, BBLV said:

That's odd, as I DO see a share on the Shares tab that matches the UD disk name

You must have accidentally created a share with the same name. Any top level folder on cache or array is automatically a share. Maybe something you did in Krusader.

14 minutes ago, trurl said:

You must have accidentally created a share with the same name. Any top level folder on cache or array is automatically a share. Maybe something you did in Krusader.

Krusader.... I think you're right. I just reversed the folder move and deleted the Krusader-created phantom share.

How do I move the folder/files from my cache drive to the new UD drive if it cannot be done via Krusader? There's a about 1TB of data to move.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

You could do it with Krusader depending on how you have the volume mappings.

So I got the volume mapping dialed and can now see the UD disk, but I can't see any files/folders within the disk from Krusader. I did some more searching and learned that I need to change the UD path's "Access Mode" to RW/Slave or RW/Shared. Both result in a command failure when applying the docker changes and as a result the docker won't start (throws an execution error). See screenshots. Can't figure this one out.

krusader edit error.png

UD path edit.png

On 3/19/2019 at 2:46 PM, dlandon said:

Show me how you enter this to the user?  I might be able to extract the domain from the user if it you let me know the syntax for the domain & user.

This has come up before, but I don't remember the outcome.

Here is an example. There are 2 ways to enter the domain that are standard. Domain/User or user@domain. A possible solution would be to add an optional domain field below the user.

image.png.2f58fa7191bc2c70e431e74e35256c02.png

3 hours ago, zaraki1311 said:

Here is an example. There are 2 ways to enter the domain that are standard. Domain/User or user@domain. A possible solution would be to add an optional domain field below the user.

image.png.2f58fa7191bc2c70e431e74e35256c02.png

I like the idea of the domain being a part of the user field - user@domain.  I'll have a look when I can get some time.

I have made a change to UD.  You now specify user@domain for a SMB share on a domain. I have no way of testing a domain share, so I'm unable to check that, but the mount command is correct.  If the share doesn't have credentials, I think you'd put @domain for the user.

5 hours ago, dlandon said:

I have made a change to UD.  You now specify user@domain for a SMB share on a domain. I have no way of testing a domain share, so I'm unable to check that, but the mount command is correct.  If the share doesn't have credentials, I think you'd put @domain for the user.

Awesome. Thanks for doing that it seems to be working. Are there any tests you would like me to run?

• trurl pinned this topic