dlandon

Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives Outside of The unRAID Array

2584 posts in this topic Last Reply

I am using UD to mount and share a 4TB external drive on my server. I am trying to rsync files from my array to the drive. Here is the command to initiate the transfer:

rsync -av /mnt/user/Photography/2005/ /mnt/disks/EasyStore_4/2005/

When the rsync finishes it displays the following message:

rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1189) [sender=3.1.3]

The all are of the following type:

rsync: chown "/mnt/disks/EasyStore_4/2005/12-25-2005/.12-25-05(2).JPG.nkTWa8" failed: Operation not permitted (1)

I compared the source and destination paths after the operation and it looks like all the files were transferred - the count of files and folders along with total size are all equal. I searched and found a post where the discussion was about how the volume being written to was mounted and the root user wouldn't have permission to set ownership on a that volume. The suggested remedy was to run rsync -rltgoDv instead of the -a option. Would this correct my issue or is there a better way to correct this so I can run rsync without any errors. Having any error at the end of an rsync is not what I'd prefer to have.

2 hours ago, wsume99 said:

The suggested remedy was to run rsync -rltgoDv instead of the -a option. Would this correct my issue or is there a better way to correct this so I can run rsync without any errors. Having any error at the end of an rsync is not what I'd prefer to have.

That's likely the best way, you can also keep -a and just add the --no-perms flag, e.g.: rsync -av --no-perms etc

I'm having and issue with UA.  It seems to work fine for a bit then locks up and maxes out a few of my cores but never actually loads.  I have a left over WD MyBook attached via USB.  I leave it go and after a day or so and it seems to get stuck trying to mount the drive.  As soon as i unplug it the cpu usage drop and the UA network mounted locations pop up.  I'm not seeing anything in the SMART reports for the drive to indicate it is failing.  Any thoughts from anyone on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

8 hours ago, jbrown705 said:

I'm having and issue with UA.  It seems to work fine for a bit then locks up and maxes out a few of my cores but never actually loads.  I have a left over WD MyBook attached via USB.  I leave it go and after a day or so and it seems to get stuck trying to mount the drive.  As soon as i unplug it the cpu usage drop and the UA network mounted locations pop up.  I'm not seeing anything in the SMART reports for the drive to indicate it is failing.  Any thoughts from anyone on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Please post your diagnostics.

11 hours ago, dlandon said:

Please post your diagnostics.

I'm sorry, I am not sure which one you need (and possibly how to get it).  Did you want the main log file from the log tab or something else?  Do you need it when the the issue is actually happening?

Thanks!

Diagnostics are a ZIP file obtained via Tools->Diagnostics (or by using the ‘diagnostics’ command from a terminal session). 

1 hour ago, jbrown705 said:

I'm sorry, I am not sure which one you need (and possibly how to get it).  Did you want the main log file from the log tab or something else?  Do you need it when the the issue is actually happening?

Thanks!

The diagnostics will have the history of what has been happening plus some information on your system hardware and setup.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:37 PM, dlandon said:

The diagnostics will have the history of what has been happening plus some information on your system hardware and setup.

Sorry, apparently after I replied and attached it didn't post correctly and I was sitting here waiting to a notification. I  can still see it right below this message now.  Is it not showing for you?

deathstar-diagnostics-20190112-1546.zip

I already know there is a weakness in the small exhaust port... :)

Edited by jbrown705

I updated UD so remote shares (SMB/NFS) will mount properly when the array starts.  You no longer have to add the User Script to re-mount the devices to overcome the shares not mounting.

Someone that has this issue please let me know if it has been solved.  It worked fine on my test server.