2705 posts in this topic Last Reply

18 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Are you using Active Directory?

Nope.

Just a simple SMB share on my home network. Shared with "everyone"

16 minutes ago, jpotrz said:

Nope.

Just a simple SMB share on my home network. Shared with "everyone"

Is there an issue with the user login password?  Expired?

8 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Well, it's shared with "Everyone" and I'm not prompted for any login/pass when I access those shares from another WinPC on the network. 

I thought the "Shares" should populate regardless of login/pass population in that window.

Where in the diagnostics did you see that error message? Where should I be looking as I test things?

15 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Hmmm I do log into all these machines with my Microsoft Account though. Don't see how that should matter too much though as I'd think the shares should still populate the drop down though - just wouldn't be able to access them if it was a login/pass problem?

24 minutes ago, jpotrz said:

I thought the "Shares" should populate regardless of login/pass population in that window.

This list is more for convenience than for functionality.  Not showing the list would not necessarily keep the remote share from mounting.  Try this command and let me know the output.

/usr/bin/smbclient -g -L IP -U% 2>/dev/null

3 minutes ago, dlandon said:

This list is more for convenience than for functionality.  Not showing the list would not necessarily keep the remote share from mounting.  Try this command and let me know the output.

/usr/bin/smbclient -g -L IP -U% 2>/dev/null

root@Shelbyville:~# /usr/bin/smbclient -g -L 192.168.1.64 -U% 2>/dev/null
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

8 minutes ago, jpotrz said:

root@Shelbyville:~# /usr/bin/smbclient -g -L 192.168.1.64 -U% 2>/dev/null
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

Are your Windows computers and Unraid on the same workgroup?  Can your Windows computers browse the Unraid shares?

5 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Are your Windows computers and Unraid on the same workgroup?  Can your Windows computers browse the Unraid shares?

Both are in "Workgroup"

I browse my unRaid shares all the time via Homer (the Win10 machine I'm trying to get this SMB share working with)

Do you have password protected sharing turned off on the Windows computers?

Ok.  I did a little experiment.  I've never tried to mount a Windows share.  When mounting a Windows share, you have to enter the login user and password just to get it to list the shares and to mount the share.

5 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Ok.  I did a little experiment.  I've never tried to mount a Windows share.  When mounting a Windows share, you have to enter the login user and password just to get it to list the shares and to mount the share.

Yeah.  One of my "Issues" with UD and SMB is that the order of the fields is wrong.  Before hitting load shares, I always had to go to the username / password fields below the button.  Couldn't be bothered to ask you to change the order.

11 minutes ago, dlandon said:

25 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Do you have password protected sharing turned off on the Windows computers?

I think it's a combo of these two items.

I tried another Windows machine on my network (coincidentally a Win10 VM running on my unRaid machine). Made sure password protected sharing was off (along with a few other settings in "Advanced Sharing Settings"), entered by Microsoft Username and Password and viola! There are the shares on my Win10 VM. 

I can't change the settings on the original Win10 machine right now (working remotely) but I'm guessing that it's a combination of both these problems. I will have to check when I get home. I will report back with my findings.

Well at least I know it wasn't ENTIRELY my fault - there appears to be a bug/confusion in UD itself. 

9 minutes ago, Squid said:

Yeah.  One of my "Issues" with UD and SMB is that the order of the fields is wrong.  Before hitting load shares, I always had to go to the username / password fields below the button.  Couldn't be bothered to ask you to change the order.

I don't understand what you think is wrong with the order.  The user and password are above the load shares button.

2 minutes ago, jpotrz said:

I think it's a combo of these two items.

I tried another Windows machine on my network (coincidentally a Win10 VM running on my unRaid machine). Made sure password protected sharing was off (along with a few other settings in "Advanced Sharing Settings"), entered by Microsoft Username and Password and viola! There are the shares on my Win10 VM. 

I can't change the settings on the original Win10 machine right now (working remotely) but I'm guessing that it's a combination of both these problems. I will have to check when I get home. I will report back with my findings.

Well at least I know it wasn't ENTIRELY my fault - there appears to be a bug/confusion in UD itself. 

Nobody said it was your fault.  I don't see any bug in UD.  The confusion is probably more on the part of Microsoft than UD.  They insist on the user and password just to be able to list the shares.  Linux computers don't have this restriction for listing the shares.  They do insist on credentials for authentication.

4 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I don't understand what you think is wrong with the order.  The user and password are above the load shares button.

Too late to delete my post then, eh?  Did that change semi-recently then?  I swear it was different before, and had to TV into network to verify

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Too late to delete my post then, eh?  Did that change semi-recently then?  I swear it was different before, and had to TV into network to verify

Been that way for quite a while.  I may have changed it when I took over UD.

Wow.  ok.  Must be my brain frozen then (work sent me to a place where the HIGH is -25.6 F)

11 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Nobody said it was your fault.  I don't see any bug in UD.  The confusion is probably more on the part of Microsoft than UD.  They insist on the user and password just to be able to list the shares.  Linux computers don't have this restriction for listing the shares.  They do insist on credentials for authentication.

"bug" was a bad choice of words. 

Regardless, I will try it when I get home and we'll see it works.

Well, I turned off password sharing on the PC in question and it worked... sorta. After entering username/password I can see the shares on the PC in question and it will add them as an unassigned device, but I can not mount it. :(

Edit: never mind. I turned off forcing SMB1 and it seems to be working now. We have a winner!

THANK YOU for all the help and hand holding. unRaid has an incredible community!

Edited by jpotrz

First of all, great plugin, just being able to manage new drives and start preclear from the main tab is priceless for me!

This is a feature request, would it be possible to hide specific drives from the list?

I use as a flash and SD card in a SD reader, the reader has two slots, but I never use the second one. It still appears in the devices list (despite not having an sd card inserted)

2019-02-13 15_03_50-gaia_Main.png

16 minutes ago, dheg said:

This is a feature request, would it be possible to hide specific drives from the list?

I'd quite like this too, but for completely lazy reasons.  I don't have any dummy drives in my server's hotswap bays, so to keep the airflow normal I have old drives in there that I manually spin down on boot (don't know whether this is bad practise).

(whilst typing this, I just thought of the hdparm -Y option, which will take the drive out of the system altogether, yes?)

Just wanted to chime in again and say that I now have my SMB share(s) mounted and recognized perfectly. Updated some scripts to recognize them and all seems to be working properly.

Thanks for an absolute KILLER plugin for unRaid. This increases it's value a to me a TON. 

My only request (and this is a completely OCD type thing) is that in the main tab gui, if all the used/free space bars could line up with those in the actual unRaid pool, it would look so much cleaner and less "confusing". Obviously a SUPER minor item but figured I'd throw it out there.

Once again, thanks for a great plugin AND for all the help!

16 hours ago, jpotrz said:

THANK YOU for all the help and hand holding. unRaid has an incredible community!

This is one of the reasons I stick around.  There are some very talented and knowledgeable people here.

4 hours ago, dheg said:

Not enough of a need for the community vs. the effort required to implement.  There is also a lack of web UI real estate to add more stuff.

4 hours ago, jpotrz said:

My only request (and this is a completely OCD type thing) is that in the main tab gui, if all the used/free space bars could line up with those in the actual unRaid pool, it would look so much cleaner and less "confusing". Obviously a SUPER minor item but figured I'd throw it out there.

Hard to do with all the differing information.