[Support] binhex - General

Important - This thread is NOT for support of Docker images, please use the separate support threads shown in the "Docker Images" section shown further down.

Overview: Support of unRAID Docker templates, news and user requests for new Docker images for the binhex Docker repository.

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

GitHub: https://github.com/binhex

If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer  :D

btn_donate_SM.gif

Description

All the Docker images contained within this repository are Arch Linux based, the reason i choose Arch is as follows:-

• Cutting Edge - Packages are latest stable versions, thus you get no issues with old packages causing issues with newer apps.
  • Small Footprint - Arch is built with a minimal approach, including only the required packages for the OS.
  • Arch User Repository (AUR) is vast! - AUR has packages for nearly every popular linux application out there, and using a helper app like packer means simple and quick deployment of virtually any application as a docker.
  • Familiar OS - Working knowledge of Arch, based on past experience running Arch Linux in a VM.

Installation

OK, sounds good to me, so how do i install your Docker apps using unRAID?.

Whilst you can still use the steps shown above, it's now recommended to install the excellent Community Application (CA) plugin instead, see here for instructions and support:- https://forums.unraid.net/topic/38582-plug-in-community-applications/

Firstly you need to be running unRAID ver 6.0.0 or later, once installed follow the instructions below:-

1. Navigate to "Docker" tab and then the "Docker Repositories" sub-tab in the unRAID webui
  2. Enter in a URL of https://github.com/binhex/docker-templates in the "Template repositories" field
  3. Click on the "Save" button
  4. Click back to "Docker" tab and then click on the "Add Container" button
  5. Click on the "Template" dropdown menu and select the desired Docker image
  6. Click the "Advanced View" toggle on the top right and fill in required fields e.g. volume data, environment variables etc
  7. Click on the "Create" button at the bottom of the window to begin pulling down the Docker image
  8. Once the image is downloaded you should see it appear in the "Docker Containers" sub-tab

Docker Images

[Support] AirSonic

[Support] CouchPotato

[Support] Deluge

[Support] DelugeVPN

[Support] Emby

[Support] get_iplayer

[Support] IntelliJ

[Support] Jackett

[Support] Jellyfin

[Support] Jenkins

[Support] Krusader

[Support] LibreOffice

[Support] Libresonic

[Support] Lidarr

[Support] Madsonic

[Support] Medusa

[Support] MiniDLNA

[Support] MovieGrabber

[Support] NZBGet

[Support] NZBHydra

[Support] NZBHydra2

[Support] Plex

[Support] PlexPass

[Support] PyCharm

[Support] qBittorrentVPN

[Support] Radarr

[Support] Rider

[Support] rTorrentVPN

[Support] SABnzbd

[Support] SABnzbdVPN

[Support] Sickbeard

[Support] Sickrage

[Support] Sonarr

[Support] Teamspeak

[Support] Tvheadend

Scripts

[Support] no_ransom

Key:

Green - application/docker container confirmed working, no known issues

Orange - application/docker container under heavy development

Red - application/docker container broken or not working as expected

Documentation

https://github.com/binhex/documentation

Edited by binhex
  • Like 2

Hi binhex, I was going to ask for a (very low importance) favor of you.  I've been using the gfjardim docker for owncloud and needos docker for mariadb, but he's gone AWOL, as you know, and OwnCloud is telling me there is a new version to update to, but I suspect he won't be back to update his docker for the new version any time soon, so...

...in all your abundance of free time (hehe), can you either take over, or create dockers for this (or both of these?)

I'm in no hurry, it's working fine, I just thought it'd be nice to have it updated, and even better to have them based on your docker base, like pretty much all my other dockers.

PLEASE no not feel compelled to do it, I completely understand that you may not want to take on any more work for yourself, but you've always been so generous with your time, I thought it worth at least asking.

Thanks again, and take it easy.

Hi binhex, I was going to ask for a (very low importance) favor of you.  I've been using the gfjardim docker for owncloud and needos docker for mariadb, but he's gone AWOL, as you know, and OwnCloud is telling me there is a new version to update to, but I suspect he won't be back to update his docker for the new version any time soon, so...

...in all your abundance of free time (hehe), can you either take over, or create dockers for this (or both of these?)

I'm in no hurry, it's working fine, I just thought it'd be nice to have it updated, and even better to have them based on your docker base, like pretty much all my other dockers.

PLEASE no not feel compelled to do it, I completely understand that you may not want to take on any more work for yourself, but you've always been so generous with your time, I thought it worth at least asking.

Thanks again, and take it easy.

Added to the list above, no promises but at least now i have it documented rather than trying to trawl back through the posts :-).

I can't find a Binhex PayPal Donate button........ it's payday so i can spare some change... ;)

Would you believe I've been so busy as of late that I haven't had chance, will see if I can get something added to OP, it's very nice to see any appreciation of my work either via donation or a simple thanks :-)

Hi! Great job with the docker!

Whenever i reboot the unraid server the couchpotato and nzbget-docker reverts back to "defaults"

my /config points at: /mnt/cache/dockerc/couchpotato on my unraid system and is read/write-able... Is there something in the startup script that erases the config.ini and replaces it with a default one?

Whenever i reboot the unraid server the couchpotato and nzbget-docker reverts back to "defaults"

my /config points at: /mnt/cache/dockerc/couchpotato on my unraid system and is read/write-able... Is there something in the startup script that erases the config.ini and replaces it with a default one?

No, but the mover will do exactly what you are seeing if the dockerc share isn't set to cache only.

No, but the mover will do exactly what you are seeing if the dockerc share isn't set to cache only.

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback!

I checked, and it seems that the share is cache only: (attached picture)

dockerc.JPG.148042725dc601e60a990b67206ffeb3.JPG

dockerc.JPG.48d3958b6704b86166cb77b663912cac.JPG

Any chance for a Google Drive docker? I notice there are a lot of one drives not 0 Google Drive, is that because it is hard to integrate or just the Microsoft bandwagon?

i have no idea how hard/easy this is as ive never used google drive, for now i will add it to the list of requests and take a look at some point to see if its doable.

Hey binhex got another issue. I stopped my dockers for the night while i waited for a response to my couchpotato mover issues. I went in to start up my dockers again this morning and all the info was empty and the couchpotato and sonarr acted like it was its first install. My first guess was that this was due to the data files being placed in cache/appdata or user/appdata and the files getting moved as I forgot to make the share cache only. I have since done this and I just have to test it to make sure.

Pics of all the settings

Files too large to upload all directly.

sonarr_settings.jpg.f68f5797320562c22842e39a1a1ae6ce.jpg

My first guess was that this was due to the data files being placed in cache/appdata or user/appdata and the files getting moved as I forgot to make the share cache only.

i would say im 99.99999% sure thats your issue, basically the unraid "mover" script will move anything on your cache drive that isnt on a cache-only share, if you were creating config files/folders on a share that wasnt marked as cache-only then it will DEF get moved, unless of course you disable the mover script. if i were you i would have a quick look on your array, chances are you will see your files/folders on one or more of your disks.

quick poll for interest, im looking at creating a rtorrentvpn docker image (including rutorrent webui) , is this of interest to anybody?, im going to do it mainly for myself at this point as im interested in possibly switching from deluge to rtorrent/rutorrent.

Edited by binhex

quick poll for interest, im looking at creating a rtorrentvpn docker image (including rutorrent webui) , is this of interest to anybody?, im going to do it mainly for myself at this point as im interested in possibly switching from deluge to rtorrent/rutorrent.

I am not interested myself, but maybe someone else are :)

But why do you want to switch from deluge? What is the difference?

I am not interested myself, but maybe someone else are :)

But why do you want to switch from deluge? What is the difference?

I quite like the ui (as in rutorrent not ncurses rtorrent hehe), it has RSS feed support built in, lots more plugins available, I'm not going to stop support for deluge though even if I do switch.