[Support] binhex - General

For anyone that doesn't know the HDHR Viewer is a plugin for Plex and the HDHomeRun.  It allows you to watch Live TV on Plex.  I have it setup and working but I would like to get guide data working.  Here is the link to the program and install instructions.

http://hdhrviewer.zynine.net/hdhrviewerv2-initial-setup/xmltv-zap2xml/

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/101755/hdhomerun-viewer/p1

If someone can make this into a plugin/docker that will work for guide data $40 is yours

+1 for one drive and Google Drive dockers. Thanks

Any chance for a Google Drive docker? I notice there are a lot of one drives not 0 Google Drive, is that because it is hard to integrate or just the Microsoft bandwagon?

i have no idea how hard/easy this is as ive never used google drive, for now i will add it to the list of requests and take a look at some point to see if its doable.

Binhex,

Thanks for the great work, been using your plexpass plugin for sometime now!

Any chance you looked at a possibility for a google drive, realizing it takes quite a bit of time and resources to make a docker from scratch. I happen to be in a position where I rely heavily on cloud drives, and having several desktops, laptops and devices at home on a extremely slow DSL connection, having a centralized shared folder for easy access is ideal then downloading files to every device and for each update!  If it is something that just will need some spare time from you I totally understand, but if it not doable I would like to start looking for an alternative, possible OneDrive? Gross Microsoft, and I only use Google out of habit and the fact I have several GBs stored there!

Thanks for your time in advance. bro!

~Acps

+1 for one drive and Google Drive dockers. Thanks

Any chance for a Google Drive docker? I notice there are a lot of one drives not 0 Google Drive, is that because it is hard to integrate or just the Microsoft bandwagon?

i have no idea how hard/easy this is as ive never used google drive, for now i will add it to the list of requests and take a look at some point to see if its doable.

Binhex,

Thanks for the great work, been using your plexpass plugin for sometime now!

Any chance you looked at a possibility for a google drive, realizing it takes quite a bit of time and resources to make a docker from scratch. I happen to be in a position where I rely heavily on cloud drives, and having several desktops, laptops and devices at home on a extremely slow DSL connection, having a centralized shared folder for easy access is ideal then downloading files to every device and for each update!  If it is something that just will need some spare time from you I totally understand, but if it not doable I would like to start looking for an alternative, possible OneDrive? Gross Microsoft, and I only use Google out of habit and the fact I have several GBs stored there!

Thanks for your time in advance. bro!

~Acps

Thanks for the donation, really appreciated, I will see if I can get some free time this coming week to take a look at Google drive and one drive.

Binhex I sent you a few bob for all the fine work you put into these dockers and the very good support.

Anyway, Just need another hand with some things. I recently upgraded my server. new cpu, motherboard, and case. I have decided to delete all of my dockers and start fresh. I have been trying to decide on best set up in terms of shares etc. So i got all this decided and i am now trying to delete shares. The issues i am having is that many of the folders/files will not delete. It never prompts me with a lack of permissions or anything like it. In my appdata share I have managed to delete all the settings from all my dockers bar my plex media server folder. there is nothing in this other than a ton of empty folders. When i attempt to delete these folders it does the normal deleting progress pop up and says its all deleted but it never actually goes away.

I have similar issues with a downloads share and completed downloads with a slight difference. With these shares there is a number of folders that when i try to delete them nothing happens. No delete progress prompt, no lack of permissions prompt.... nothing.

My intentions was to clear out my appdata share and start from scratch with all the dockers I wanted in an attempt to get it all working as I wanted. (tired of all the issues I'd been having till now which had still persisted)

Also I wasted to delete one of the download shares and have 2 folders in the one share. but while the folders remain I cant delete either share.

Thanks again.

Binhex I sent you a few bob for all the fine work you put into these dockers and the very good support.

Anyway, Just need another hand with some things. I recently upgraded my server. new cpu, motherboard, and case. I have decided to delete all of my dockers and start fresh. I have been trying to decide on best set up in terms of shares etc. So i got all this decided and i am now trying to delete shares. The issues i am having is that many of the folders/files will not delete. It never prompts me with a lack of permissions or anything like it. In my appdata share I have managed to delete all the settings from all my dockers bar my plex media server folder. there is nothing in this other than a ton of empty folders. When i attempt to delete these folders it does the normal deleting progress pop up and says its all deleted but it never actually goes away.

I have similar issues with a downloads share and completed downloads with a slight difference. With these shares there is a number of folders that when i try to delete them nothing happens. No delete progress prompt, no lack of permissions prompt.... nothing.

My intentions was to clear out my appdata share and start from scratch with all the dockers I wanted in an attempt to get it all working as I wanted. (tired of all the issues I'd been having till now which had still persisted)

Also I wasted to delete one of the download shares and have 2 folders in the one share. but while the folders remain I cant delete either share.

Thanks again.

if you want to clear it all down quickly then the best way is command line, so ssh in to unraid and then issue the following command, be VERY VERY sure of the path, as this will be a recursive delete, if you specify the wrong folder you can delete a lot of stuff very quickly!!!

rm -rf /mnt/cache/<path to the root folder you want to delete>/

one of the REALLY nice things with docker is that you can blow away everything and get it back up and running very quickly, if your happy with the paths you choose for your dockers then you can use the "user defined templates" dropdown to pre-populate each docker config as it was before, i dont know if you want to do this as you say it got in a bit of a mess but its an option

be VERY VERY sure of the path, as this will be a recursive delete, if you specify the wrong folder you can delete a lot of stuff very quickly!!!
The time it takes to accidentally delete data is inversely proportional to the importance of said data. If it takes 10 minutes to delete, you probably didn't need it anyway. If the command returns immediately, you probably just blew away something that will take ages to recreate.  ;D ;D

Thanks again.

if you want to clear it all down quickly then the best way is command line, so ssh in to unraid and then issue the following command, be VERY VERY sure of the path, as this will be a recursive delete, if you specify the wrong folder you can delete a lot of stuff very quickly!!!

one of the REALLY nice things with docker is that you can blow away everything and get it back up and running very quickly, if your happy with the paths you choose for your dockers then you can use the "user defined templates" dropdown to pre-populate each docker config as it was before, i dont know if you want to do this as you say it got in a bit of a mess but its an option

Thanks for the reply. Not gonna lie never actually tried to ssh into the server. What would i use for this? and how would i go about it? I can essentially delete 3 share and start over. my appdata, downloads and completed downloads. only completed downloads was ever cache only so should i use

rm -rf /mnt/user/<path to the root folder you want to delete>/

as opposed to cache? so for instance if I go with

rm -rf /mnt/user/appdata/

rm -rf /mnt/user/Downloads/

rm -rf /mnt/cache/Completed Downloads/

Will this delete the share or just the whole contents of the share? doesnt really matter either way as I intend to start over. but just fmi!

Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply. Not gonna lie never actually tried to ssh into the server. What would i use for this? and how would i go about it? I can essentially delete 3 share and start over. my appdata, downloads and completed downloads. only completed downloads was ever cache only so should i use

rm -rf /mnt/user/<path to the root folder you want to delete>/

as opposed to cache? so for instance if I go with

rm -rf /mnt/user/appdata/

rm -rf /mnt/user/Downloads/

rm -rf /mnt/cache/Completed Downloads/

Will this delete the share or just the whole contents of the share? doesnt really matter either way as I intend to start over. but just fmi!

OK you would use something like putty if your running windows, if your mac or Linux then you of course have native ssh built in.

So yes that should delete the share, looking at your paths and folders I think you need to re-think where things are going now, I would suggest the following:-

/mnt/cache/<your-cache-only-share-name>/config/<appname>

/mnt/cache/<your-cache-only-share-name>/data/<appname>

mnt/cache/<your-cache-only-share-name>/data/completed

So each app has it's own space for config and downloads except the completed folder which is set the same for ALL dockers. You then volume map the above for each docker with the docker volume mapping being /config and /data respectively, make sense? I would advise not to point ant docker config or data mappings at the array, keep it all on cache it's much much easier.

ok im running into issues with the deletion of the shares. Well one share in particular. Complete Downloads.

I used putty and logged in as root with my password. I actually tried no password first just to ensure it was actually my server. I then put in the commands as pictured below. The first command caused my mapped drive to Downloads to not be available anymore and eventually the share was deleted. Same worked for my appdata.....

I continued with the other commands as shown in the pic. Complete Downloads appears to have had no effect on it what so ever. I still have full access over the mapped drive with all folders still present as they were previously. I'm wondering does the space in the share name cause any issues?

Not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point.

Squid the problem is that after deletion of the apps and data etc and manually trying to delete all the files, it was still leaving empty folders behind that would not delete in the conventional way. Therefore the share would always have files and could not be deleted using the webgui

complete_downloads.jpg.69f78251288a6b1d72910bf5025b435d.jpg

ok im running into issues with the deletion of the shares. Well one share in particular. Complete Downloads.

I used putty and logged in as root with my password. I actually tried no password first just to ensure it was actually my server. I then put in the commands as pictured below. The first command caused my mapped drive to Downloads to not be available anymore and eventually the share was deleted. Same worked for my appdata.....

I continued with the other commands as shown in the pic. Complete Downloads appears to have had no effect on it what so ever. I still have full access over the mapped drive with all folders still present as they were previously. I'm wondering does the space in the share name cause any issues?

Not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point.

Squid the problem is that after deletion of the apps and data etc and manually trying to delete all the files, it was still leaving empty folders behind that would not delete in the conventional way. Therefore the share would always have files and could not be deleted using the webgui

The path has a space so you need to wrap it in double quotes rm -rf "<path with spaces>"

Another good example of keeping things simple when creating a folder structure, try to not create folders with spaces and keep to lower case. If you need more structure then create more folders e.g./mnt/cache/cache-only/data/downloads/completed

Thanks alot for the help. I will be putting alot more thought into my structure now. I have one other question. I have 2 shares named Movies and Recorded TV. They are working fine for me but I was considering moving them into a single share media with the appropriate folders. Is there a quick way for me to do this? trying to create a new share called media with the 2 sub folders and then moving the files using the remote pc clearly is the wrong way for me to go about it. So basically I'm looking for the commands to cut the contents of the Movies share and paste them into a ..../media/movies folder and likewise with my recordedtv

• 1 month later...

Flexget Docker request.

Make it easy to setup the webui and scheduling.

Somehow to initiate a manual run?  I am used to the regular Linux version where you can do a manual run in Terminal with -flexget execute -v" where you can watch it run in real time.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Flexget Docker request.

Make it easy to setup the webui and scheduling.

Somehow to initiate a manual run?  I am used to the regular Linux version where you can do a manual run in Terminal with -flexget execute -v" where you can watch it run in real time.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43669.msg465469.msg#465469

Binhex One thing about Flexget is it needs to see deluge to operate the deluge plugin in Flexget.  How do I get Docker to see another Docker's application?

Hi Binhex,

I really like the vpn dockers you have made, but could you also do one with Transmission?

so pretty much like rTorrentVPN, but with Transmission instead of rTorrent.

Thanks,

activ

What is wrong with deluge and rtorrent?

Nothing, I just prefer Transmission

Hi Binhex,

I really like the vpn dockers you have made, but could you also do one with Transmission?

Thanks,

activ

What is wrong with deluge and rtorrent?

Nothing, I just prefer Transmission

I don't think binhex is going to make a third torrent docker with vpn just because someone likes it more.

It takes a good amount of work to make a docker with vpn as far I have understand.

Hi Binhex,

Thanks,

activ

It takes a lot of work to change to have a different app inside the Docker.

I took DelugeVPN and forked it and it spent about 2 days adding Flexget to it.  Lots of testing to make sure everything works.  I only did it to make my setup the way it needed it.

Activ learn how use Dockers and exchange Deluge for Transmission yourself.

Hi Binhex,

Thanks,

activ

I took DelugeVPN and forked it and it spent about 2 days adding Flexget to it.  Lots of testing to make sure everything works.  I only did it to make my setup the way it needed it.

Okay, didn't think it was that much work. No worries, I'll do it myself.

Hi Binhex,

Thanks,

activ

Okay, didn't think it was that much work. No worries, I'll do it myself.

Hopefully the change from Deluge to Transmission is cut and paste.  And not that hard to do.

It would be cool if XxxxxxVPV supported multiple Torrent apps by use of setting page under Dockers tab?

I.e. torrentapp  your.wanted.Torrent.app