[Support] binhex - General

On 1/28/2016 at 9:00 AM, binhex said:

Further help

OK so you've read all the FAQ's above right and you're still stuck, in that case you will need to perform the following, remember without logs there is little chance of resolving your issue:-

1. Delete any existing supervisord.log file located in /config/

2. Stop the container and delete it (or if you're an unraid user skip this step).

3. Set the env var key "DEBUG" to a value of "true".

4. Start the container and wait 5 mins for it to completely finish initialising.

5. Post the ENTIRE /config/supervisord.log file in the correct support thread for the container you're running.

IMPORTANT - Make sure to remove any reference to your username and password from the supervisord.log BEFORE posting it.

Hi @binhex. I'm having trouble getting my binhex-delugevpn container to show the WebUI. I am able to see the WebUI in bridge mode and when I assign binhex-delugevpn its own IP address, I am able to see the WebUI if the VPN is off. My VPN connects successfully, I can run curl in the container to ip4.me and it gives me a valid IP address saying I am in the Netherlands (as shows in my supervisord.log). I am also authenticating with the "auth-user-pass credentials.conf" setting in my .ovpn OpenVPN config file.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

manifest3r_supervisord.log

Edited by manifest3r
3 hours ago, manifest3r said:

Hi @binhex. I'm having trouble getting my binhex-delugevpn container to show the WebUI.

From the very first sentence in the very first post in this thread:

Important - This thread is NOT for support of Docker images, please use the separate support threads shown in the "Docker Images" section shown further below.

You can always get to the correct support thread for any docker from its listing in Community Applications, or by clicking on that docker's icon in the webUI and selecting Support.

I have been running Needo's MariaDB docker for some years but, according to Fix Common Problems, its use is deprecated.  FCP advises me to use MariaDB from the linuxserver or Binhex repository instead.  My problem is that I cannot find binhex-mariadb - does it exist?

Having encountered difficulties with a linuxserver offering in the past, I'm a little hesitant to adopt that one.  If there's no Binhex build, I'll stick with the Needo version which is not giving me any problems at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2018 at 8:05 AM, alturismo said:

may i ask for a privoxy/vpn docker only (without sonarr or deluge), my user case is vpn proxy only ... i dont use any torrents etc ...

currently i use your deluge vpn container and its working perfectly, just thought about overacting for proxy usage only ;)

I was actually coming here to ask for the same thing!

1. Would it be possible to get a Privoxy/OpenVPN container without any associated app? 

2. Is it possible to run a privoxy container on a static IP (Custom: br:0)?

Anytime I try and set a static IP for a Privoxy/OpenVPN container the proxy fails when connected from my Win10 laptop.

Thanks a million for all your hard work binhex!

4 minutes ago, Capt.Insano said:

I was actually coming here to ask for the same thing!

1. Would it be possible to get a Privoxy/OpenVPN container without any associated app? 

2. Is it possible to run a privoxy container on a static IP (Custom: br:0)?

Anytime I try and set a static IP for a Privoxy/OpenVPN container the proxy fails when connected from my Win10 laptop.

Thanks a million for all your hard work binhex!

may an alternative, i hope its not again the rule to post that here, just as hint for users like me wich dont want anything besides an vpn/privoxy

Alternative from Dockerhub, needs some modifications cause preconfigured for PIA only, i use hideme as vpn provider, no fire and forget like binhex´s one ;)

andymeful/privoxy-openvpn 10 mb in size ... instead the 1.9 gigs i had with deluge.

and as mentioned, deluge-vpn working out of the box (always super stable) and i really appreciated it, just as alternative ... for VPN proxy only.

On 2/13/2019 at 5:36 PM, alturismo said:

may an alternative, i hope its not again the rule to post that here, just as hint for users like me wich dont want anything besides an vpn/privoxy

Alternative from Dockerhub, needs some modifications cause preconfigured for PIA only, i use hideme as vpn provider, no fire and forget like binhex´s one ;)

andymeful/privoxy-openvpn 10 mb in size ... instead the 1.9 gigs i had with deluge.

and as mentioned, deluge-vpn working out of the box (always super stable) and i really appreciated it, just as alternative ... for VPN proxy only.

I had actually tried that container prior to posting but I could not get my .opvn file to be correctly seen by the container, I kept getting errors in the log about no configuration file found.

I do not want to be too off topic but, would you mind posting a picture of your configuration if you have it successfully working?

Otherwise: @binhex do you have ant interest in making such a container with unRAID based settings?

15 hours ago, binhex said:

i will take a look and see how much work it is, i got a lot going on at the mo so no promises of a quick turn around, that is unless its really simple 🙂

thats great news ;)

17 hours ago, Capt.Insano said:

I had actually tried that container prior to posting but I could not get my .opvn file to be correctly seen by the container, I kept getting errors in the log about no configuration file found.

I do not want to be too off topic but, would you mind posting a picture of your configuration if you have it successfully working?

Otherwise: @binhex do you have ant interest in making such a container with unRAID based settings?

sorry but i guess that would be a too much here in binhex´s gerneral topic ... if he says ok then of course and i also dont want to open a topic for "others" work, probably also not nice to see here ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the possible double post (before I regged).

I was wondering about the possibilities of creating a container / stack with:

OpenVPN

NZB(Downloader) ie NZBget or any of your prefered premade set ups

Bittorrent client (Qbittorrent is my go to but anything that you already have got going works!)

*I'd be kickass if it was possible to add JDownloader to this stack but I realize I am already pushing it, but the abovementioned are already made and use the same dependencies so I was thinking it may be easier?

I use docker swarm and I use arch-qbittorrentvpn as a single compose outside of swarm, giving access to traefik in swarm to qbit via forwarding in file.

It is possible run a stack by linking everything: 

Link to how to for using a vpn with several containers

However this would require me to get rid of traefik from swarm which I'd rather not.

I wish I was proficient enough to be able to fork your work, but I am a dumbass.

Regardless if you feel like doing my request or not thanks for your great work. You are a hero! 😆

On 10/6/2019 at 5:00 PM, karleksbarn said:

Sorry for the possible double post (before I regged).

I was wondering about the possibilities of creating a container / stack with:

OpenVPN

NZB(Downloader) ie NZBget or any of your prefered premade set ups

Bittorrent client (Qbittorrent is my go to but anything that you already have got going works!)

*I'd be kickass if it was possible to add JDownloader to this stack but I realize I am already pushing it, but the abovementioned are already made and use the same dependencies so I was thinking it may be easier?

I use docker swarm and I use arch-qbittorrentvpn as a single compose outside of swarm, giving access to traefik in swarm to qbit via forwarding in file.

It is possible run a stack by linking everything: 

Link to how to for using a vpn with several containers

However this would require me to get rid of traefik from swarm which I'd rather not.

I wish I was proficient enough to be able to fork your work, but I am a dumbass.

Regardless if you feel like doing my request or not thanks for your great work. You are a hero! 😆

adding multiple applications to a single docker image is not really the 'docker way', ideally (not always possible) each application should be run in isolation in its own container, otherwise you get into the scenario where you have say 3 applications in a container, X, Y, and Z, and updates to any of these 3 applications requires a rebuild of the image and thus ALL 3 applications need to be rebuilt, resulting in longer build times, longer download times (larger image) more frequent updates and more chance of breakage for anybody who needs any/all of those 3 apps. Whereas when its split into separate images and a application requires updating, you only need to update that single image.

so im afraid the answer is this isnt going to happen, your best bet is to run these as separate docker containers and be happy :-)

@binhex
As of today I have been using UnRaid for one month. When I did the install and added the first docker containers I did not use any of yours. Oh how things change in time...

Thank you for your efforts. Also, thank you for being responsive to questions about your containers, that is more meaningful to a noob like me than you may realize.

*pokes the PayPal donate link*
Funny button.

binhexinfestation.jpg

9 hours ago, Speedious said:

Thank you for your efforts. Also, thank you for being responsive to questions about your containers, that is more meaningful to a noob like me than you may realize.

thanks for the post, always nice to have people post just cos they appreciate your work, cheers for the beer.