[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Just now, Autchirion said:

Thank you, that worked out well, so I would assume it's a tracker issue because of the randomly changing port after a reboot of the container.

you will get a randomly assigned ip AND a randomly assigned port on reboot, nothing can be done about this for PIA currently as both are dynamic.

1 minute ago, Autchirion said:

Suggestion: Add the output of the external IP into the log.

i could do but its another sensitive bit of info that i dont really want to expose in the logs.

Just now, binhex said:

you will get a randomly assigned ip AND a randomly assigned port on reboot, nothing can be done about this for PIA currently as both are dynamic.

i could do but its another sensitive bit of info that i dont really want to expose in the logs.

of course, I understand this limitation of PIA, that's up to the tracker admin now... 🙂

Ah, that's a good thought to not put it into the log to keep it more private. Thank you for always thinking about our privacy!

On 5/29/2021 at 8:43 PM, wgstarks said:

Scroll up to the post right above yours.

Alright, finally got around to this.

It fixes the WebUI, but the containers I'm routing through Binhex's container gets no connection. The Binhex container is still connected though.

NZBGet has the extra parameter: --net=container:binhex-delugevpn

Network type is set to "None"

Deluge has a variable called "VPN_INPUT_PORTS" with "6789" in the field.

Deluge also has a port for "6789"

Again, the WebUI works, Binhex's container works, but the containers routed through the Binhex's container get no connection.

Thanks for making this docker.

I setup everything through CA, .opvpn file copied to correct path, but with VPN enabled, the docker will not start. It gets stuck at 

2021-06-11 17:24:36,945 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] No torrents with state 'Error' found

[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...

[info] Deluge Web UI started

2021-06-11 17:24:36,947 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Configuring Privoxy...

2021-06-11 17:24:36,986 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Privoxy...

2021-06-11 17:24:38,055 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process started
[info] Waiting for Privoxy process to start listening on port 8118...

2021-06-11 17:24:38,060 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process listening on port 8118

Under the docker, it says started, but webUI returns ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.

What log do I need to provide, and how to get it? Thanks.

On 6/10/2021 at 10:27 PM, Stubbs said:

Alright, finally got around to this.

It fixes the WebUI, but the containers I'm routing through Binhex's container gets no connection. The Binhex container is still connected though.

NZBGet has the extra parameter: --net=container:binhex-delugevpn

Network type is set to "None"

Deluge has a variable called "VPN_INPUT_PORTS" with "6789" in the field.

Deluge also has a port for "6789"

Again, the WebUI works, Binhex's container works, but the containers routed through the Binhex's container get no connection.

When you read the faq to get the webui working it didn't occur to you to continue reading it? See Q27: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

8 hours ago, jiyang1018 said:

Thanks for making this docker.

I setup everything through CA, .opvpn file copied to correct path, but with VPN enabled, the docker will not start. It gets stuck at 

[info] No torrents with state 'Error' found

[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...

[info] Deluge Web UI started

2021-06-11 17:24:36,947 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Configuring Privoxy...

2021-06-11 17:24:36,986 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Privoxy...

2021-06-11 17:24:38,055 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process started
[info] Waiting for Privoxy process to start listening on port 8118...

2021-06-11 17:24:38,060 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process listening on port 8118

Under the docker, it says started, but webUI returns ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT.

What log do I need to provide, and how to get it? Thanks.

If I have to guess it's probably your LAN_NETWORK being wrong. See Q4: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md 

If you still can't get it to work do this: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Edited by strike

When I originally set up sonarr/radarr/prowlarr to run through deluge vpn I did it all remotely and after doing some bits in the containers like changing to localhost it all works completely fine when I remote in to the server through openvpn. 

However when I try accessing locally I can't access the webgui, does anyone know why this is and how I can get it to work? Now if I want to access sonarr/radarr/prowlarr locally I have to connect through openvpn for it to work which while not a massive deal is annoying and I'd like to understand why it doesn't work with just the servers local ip and port number. (deluge vpn and all other containers not running through deluge can be accessed normally locally).

Fixed: For anyone else that looks at this having the same problem make sure you add the port numbers in VPN_INPUT as well as creating the port variables.

Edited by jammo

Having some trouble getting this docker to start for me at the moment. All was working ok until my cache disk ran out of space which caused DelugeVPN to stop/shutdown. Now each time I start (even after removing /config data, and reinstalling the image) I get the errors below, and then DelugeVPN stops

/usr/local/bin/init.sh: line 488: 76 Bus error chown -R "${PUID}":"${PGID}" "/config/openvpn" &> /dev/null

/usr/local/bin/init.sh: line 525: 181 Bus error chown -R "${PUID}":"${PGID}" /etc/privoxy /home/nobody

Starting with VPN disabled, stops the first one showing, but it still does not start. Any help to get it going again is appreciated.

supervisord.log

On 6/12/2021 at 1:48 AM, strike said:

If I have to guess it's probably your LAN_NETWORK being wrong. See Q4: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md 

If you still can't get it to work do this: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

My LAN_NETWORK was set correctly.

I follow the help.md page, deleted log and turned on debug. Strangely, it works without any problem. I used torguard and it shows my vpn IP in vegas correctly. 

I stopped the docker, turn degub off, and it works without any issue, showing VPN IP to torguard.

At this point, should I still provide log file or just keep it running until issue comes up again?

7 minutes ago, jiyang1018 said:

My LAN_NETWORK was set correctly.

I follow the help.md page, deleted log and turned on debug. Strangely, it works without any problem. I used torguard and it shows my vpn IP in vegas correctly. 

I stopped the docker, turn degub off, and it works without any issue, showing VPN IP to torguard.

At this point, should I still provide log file or just keep it running until issue comes up again?

No point in posting the log if everything is working. Maybe the vpn server you connected to had issues. You won't be able to see the webui before the vpn tunnel is up. 

On 6/12/2021 at 11:37 PM, jammo said:

When I originally set up sonarr/radarr/prowlarr to run through deluge vpn I did it all remotely and after doing some bits in the containers like changing to localhost it all works completely fine when I remote in to the server through openvpn. 

However when I try accessing locally I can't access the webgui, does anyone know why this is and how I can get it to work? Now if I want to access sonarr/radarr/prowlarr locally I have to connect through openvpn for it to work which while not a massive deal is annoying and I'd like to understand why it doesn't work with just the servers local ip and port number. (deluge vpn and all other containers not running through deluge can be accessed normally locally).

See Q25 and maybe 27: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

2 hours ago, strike said:

No point in posting the log if everything is working. Maybe the vpn server you connected to had issues. You won't be able to see the webui before the vpn tunnel is up. 

I have no idea why. The VPN userver I use never had issue anytime. It was working when I used PrivateVPN client, but docker webUI just would not start. Anyways, for some reason, after turnning on debug mode, it works now.

17 hours ago, strike said:

I think I know what the real problem is. TLDR, when I access my home network via openVPN, delugeVPN with VPN on will not load webUI.

When I reported the issue, I was at work, using VPN from my home router to work on unraid dockers, and delugevpn webUI will not load, returns "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT". My radarr and donarr can both see deluge working.

When I followed the steps to turn on debug mode, I was at home on my local network. webUI loaded correctly.

I am at work now, and webUI will not load, and returns "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT". Radarr and sonarr can see deluge just fine. I launched chromium docker, and from that browser, deluge webUI loaded without any issue.

13 minutes ago, jiyang1018 said:

when I access my home network via openVPN, delugeVPN with VPN on will not load webUI.

this is because your VPN allocated ip will not be in the LAN_NETWORK range and thus blocked, you need to add in your vpn network range AND your lan range to LAN_NETWORK if you need access from both (hint use comma to separate the values).

6 minutes ago, binhex said:

this is because your VPN allocated ip will not be in the LAN_NETWORK range and thus blocked, you need to add in your vpn network range AND your lan range to LAN_NETWORK if you need access from both (hint use comma to separate the values).

Added a new range in LAN_NETWORK, and it is working now. Thanks.

I also added work IP to that and I can access deluge via URL.

Edited by jiyang1018
  • Like 1

My apologies if this is an issue that has been dealt with but, scanning back through the past few pages I haven’t come across a solution. However it is similar to many issues. 

I set up delugevpn per spaceinvaderone’s video on How to route any docker container through a VPN. 

I am trying to route my binhex-sabnzbd through deluge. I followed his steps and I can `curl ifconfig.io` to see that binhex-sabnzbd is in fact routing through the VPN properly. 

Now I can’t see the WebUI. I came across the Q&A and tried to follow Q25-27 and set up the containers according. But I still have no luck. My first question is what do you mean to set the VPN container to localhost instead of Lan IP? How is that accomplished? I have deluge set to Bridge. If I set it to host it returns an error about the extra parameters not being allowed. 

Network is 192.168.4.0/24

Server is 

I have deleted the port:8989 (had to change from 8080 due to conflicts) from my  binhex-sabnzbd container and added --net=container:binhex-delugevpn and made the network None. 

In deluge I have privoxy Yes, I added 8989 to VPN_INPUT_PORTS and added a port variable at the end for 8989. 

When I try and access <server-ip>:8989 with another pc on the network I get a 503 splash screen. Says the privoxy on (172.17.xx.xx) port 8118 enabled. Then it says the connection could not be established. 

I feel like this is going to be a simple settings issue. Thank you for any help. 

EDIT:

The error 503 was because I proxied my internet browser with deluge. 

The current issue is that the WebUI does not display. It returns ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. 

Edited by wortzinator
On 6/12/2021 at 6:47 PM, strike said:

When you read the faq to get the webui working it didn't occur to you to continue reading it? See Q27: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

That isn't my problem. That's a solution for having containers inside the VPN network connect with containers outside the VPN network.

My problem is that containers inside the VPN network aren't even connected to the internet, let alone the VPN.

I also don't understand this part of the FAQ:

The other change you will need to do is when defining connections from an application to another application in the same VPN container network then you will need to set the host to 'localhost' and NOT the LAN IP address, this is because the applications are now bound to the same network and thus should communicate over 'localhost'.

Set the "host to localhost"? What host? Where?

Edited by Stubbs
35 minutes ago, Stubbs said:

Set the "host to localhost"? What host? Where?

host is the host field in sonarr/radarr/etc and 'localhost' is a set name that all containers have, it means the ip address of the machine the application is running on (127.0.0.1), an example screenshot from my sonarr instance demonstrating this, note the 'Host' field:-

image.thumb.png.cb587c84afc66fc7f5fdd17fde0036c7.png

29 minutes ago, binhex said:

host is the host field in sonarr/radarr/etc and 'localhost' is a set name that all containers have, it means the ip address of the machine the application is running on (127.0.0.1), an example screenshot from my sonarr instance demonstrating this, note the 'Host' field:-

image.thumb.png.cb587c84afc66fc7f5fdd17fde0036c7.png

Do you set the application to localhost before you remove all of the ports from the docker template? I am not able to enter the WebUI in order to enter this value once I remove the ports even after adding the WebUI ports to the correct spots in the Deluge template. 

14 hours ago, wortzinator said:

I am trying to route my binhex-sabnzbd through deluge.

ok so you cant access sabnzbd web ui and its routed through delugevpn correct?, so ensure firstly that values for key 'VPN_INPUT_PORTS' are specified correctly, this should have a value set for the web ui port for sabnzbd, by default that is 8080, is this set correctly?.

23 minutes ago, wortzinator said:

and also added a new port called sab with host/container port set to 8989. 

you should not change the container side port, this HAS to be a set number, for sabnzbd that is 8080. leave host port as 8989 and ensure VPN_INPUT_PORT is 8989.

Apologies for the amount of ignorance here but, I’m new to anything unraid/docker that isn’t just click start to deploy and then it works. 

20 minutes ago, binhex said:

you should not change the container side port, this HAS to be a set number, for sabnzbd that is 8080. leave host port as 8989 and ensure VPN_INPUT_PORT is 8989.

Are you saying that I can’t change the WebUI port on the container I am trying to rout to the VPN container? Or are you saying that I should not add a new port in delugevpn?

I think I may have been unclear, I added the new port called sab in the delugevpn container along with adding 8989 to VPN_INPUT_PORT.