[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Hi guys,

So I have installed the docker image and all is working good, or I thought it was. I noticed that all of my torrents had no activity (i.e. haven't uploaded anything) which was strange, I decided to donwload something and I get a brief second where it shows a speed but then disappears? It shows the peers but it simply wont connect to any of them? I have tried disabling the VPN which has no effect and tried port forwarding (not sure if I done it correctly - using ProtonVPN which at the mo dosen't support port forwarding) but that never worked either.

I have used Transmission over a VPN prior and never had to open any ports or anything, it just worked. I'm a little confused as to what is going on as like I say, it shows me all the peers (seeders/leechers) for all my torrents. i just can't seem to connect to any of them. (The torrents are active and shown as being connected (on the website of the tracker)).

I should note I am new to running Dockers in bridge mode (network) which may be my issue where I haven't configured something correctly? As prior all my other containers have ran in host mode - including the Deluge LinuxServer image I ran prior which seemed to function okay.

I have tried the varible "STRICT_PORT_FOWRARD" along with enabling UPnP + NAT-PMP in Deluge GUI too all which had no effect.

Here are my Docker settings:

DEBUG false

HOME /home/nobody

LAN_NETWORK 192.168.0.0/24

LANG en_GB.UTF-8

PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

TERM xterm

VPN_CLIENT openvpn

VPN_ENABLED yes (as mentioned tried to disable this too - no effect)

VPN_PASS ***

VPN_PROV custom

VPN_USER ***

Any help would be much appreciated as at the moment I can't really see the issue :/

Edited by _Ky
Addition of information

Having issues getting to my webui with the local ip lately, It was working before. Through testing i have found i can get into it if i setup port forwarding to 8112 and use my public ip. I can get to it through the local ip if i disable vpn. I was reading some other posts mentioning updating nordvpn files so i downloaded a new one but it still wont work. Any assistance appreciated.

7 hours ago, shortnproud said:

Having issues getting to my webui with the local ip lately, It was working before. Through testing i have found i can get into it if i setup port forwarding to 8112 and use my public ip. I can get to it through the local ip if i disable vpn. I was reading some other posts mentioning updating nordvpn files so i downloaded a new one but it still wont work. Any assistance appreciated.

I am having exactly the same problem. Using different VPN provider. WebUI worked just fine until this past Sunday when it stopped. The only thing I did was updated docker, like I usually do.

When trying WebUI, error message is: "Unable to connect"

No changes whatsoever were made to UNRAID.

6 hours ago, tmor2 said:

I am having exactly the same problem. Using different VPN provider. WebUI worked just fine until this past Sunday when it stopped. The only thing I did was updated docker, like I usually do.

When trying WebUI, error message is: "Unable to connect"

No changes whatsoever were made to UNRAID.

I was able to get mine working again. After i updated my nord files i did a full power cycle on my whole unraid server and i can get to it from the lan again. Just a thought. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, shortnproud said:

I was able to get mine working again. After i updated my nord files i did a full power cycle on my whole unraid server and i can get to it from the lan again. Just a thought. 

Didn't work on my end. Still cannot access WebUI @ [IP]:8112

• Updated .ovpn file. Started docker.
  • curl command directly to my VPN provider shows:
    • "You are connected to [VPN provider name] ([SERVER name]). Your IP address is [VPN server address]"

Therefore, VPN connection is correctly established.

"netstat -an | grep LISTEN" gives

sh-5.1# netstat -an | grep LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8112            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN     
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8118            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN     
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:58846           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN     
tcp        0      0 10.11.0.13:43937        0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN   

This is odd: IP address for webUI (port:8112) is 0.0.0.0 vs expected 10.10.20.2

Again, all of these issues happened after updating docker on Jul 11.

Anyone has suggestions on how to resolve issue with accessing WebUI?

Edited by tmor2

I can confirm I have the exact same issue. I've been trying to fix it all week thinking it was maybe a port/dns/firewall issue. I've ruled it all out and lead me to here. Something is up with the VPN portion of PIA. I tried switching to the WireGuard implementation and it works without VPN turned on. Log shows no errors, just can't see the UI like reported.

Edited by Brandon87
4 hours ago, Brandon87 said:
I can confirm I have the exact same issue. I've been trying to fix it all week thinking it was maybe a port/dns/firewall issue. I've ruled it all out and lead me to here. Something is up with the VPN portion of PIA. I tried switching to the WireGuard implementation and it works without VPN turned on. Log shows no errors, just can't see the UI like reported.

It is highly unlikely that you have the exact same issue, what you do have is the exact same symptom, there are literally dozens of reasons why the web UI is unavailable, please do the same as my previous post.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

On 7/15/2021 at 6:20 AM, tmor2 said:

Attached.

ok so that log is showing a successful start, no issues shown on the vpn side, so a few questions for you:-

1. are you trying to access the web ui from inside your lan, or externally via vpn to your lan?

2. are you trying to access the web ui from a port forward outside your lan?

3. are you using macvlan (not supported), custom bridge (partially supported) or default bridge (supported)?

things to try:-

1. try a different browser, if no go:-

2. try a different device/machine, if no go:-

3. check firewall and ensure no blocking going on especially if you recently changed your firewall config, if no go:-

4. if you have any fancy vlan or multiple nic's in your server then take a look at this and ensure no blocking/routing issues.

to give you reassurance you can see deluge starts in the log file, this will ONLY happen if the vpn is up and working as expected (security feature):-

2021-07-14 15:46:53,822 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process started
[info] Waiting for Deluge process to start listening on port 58846...

2021-07-14 15:46:54,032 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process listening on port 58846

2021-07-14 15:46:55,853 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] No torrents with state 'Error' found

[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...

[info] Deluge Web UI started

23 hours ago, binhex said:

It is highly unlikely that you have the exact same issue, what you do have is the exact same symptom, there are literally dozens of reasons why the web UI is unavailable, please do the same as my previous post.

the only thing I’ve changed was I replaced duckdns with cloudflare but I did not change anything around Deluge. Again. Works totally fine with the VPN turned off. Can access it totally fine. Soon as I re-enable the VPN, can’t see the UI. 

my log shows it starting everything just fine. Shows webui started, vpn connected, listening to privoxy port. 

that’s the only issue. So do you want 2 logs one showing with vpn off and another with on? Or just on?

the only thing I’ve changed was I replaced duckdns with cloudflare but I did not change anything around Deluge. Again. Works totally fine with the VPN turned off. Can access it totally fine. Soon as I re-enable the VPN, can’t see the UI. 

my log shows it starting everything just fine. Shows webui started, vpn connected, listening to privoxy port. 

that’s the only issue. So do you want 2 logs one showing with vpn off and another with on? Or just on?
Just VPN on please

I'm getting some odd "unhandled errors" that are preventing me from running the webui. I recently changed my OpenVPN credentials, but that doesn't appear to be a problem. I've tried reinstalling the docker container and OpenVPN credentials/key several times without success. Log files attached. Thanks in advance!

supervisord.log deluged.log

Update: It looks like this may be related to a new version of Docker (20.10.3) on Synology (DSM 6 and 7) that is breaking some Python code. Sounds like I may need to wait until Deluge is updated?

Edited by fr4nk
new info
On 7/17/2021 at 10:50 PM, Brandonb1987 said:

I never needed to open any ports before, that's the only thing I can think of that it could be.

supervisord.log 8.43 MB · 3 downloads

you also have a successful start, so i see no vpn related issues, so please do the same tasks as the previous guy:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44109-support-binhex-delugevpn/?do=findComment&comment=1015743

p.s. you didnt remove your vpn username and password, please reset.

8 hours ago, strike said:

What is your network type? And what IP does your unraid box have?

Looks like LAN Network in the docker had changed and was going through 192.180.1.1/24 rather than 0.1/24

🙃 Probably Should have seen that 

Thanks

I'm also suddenly unable to access the webGUI and have made no changes to anything on the server. Thoughts?

Here is a snippet from my log. 🤔

2021-07-20 17:07:49,482 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2021-07-20 17:07:49 VERIFY ERROR: depth=1, error=unable to get local issuer certificate: C=CA, ST=ON, L=Toronto, O=Windscribe Limited, OU=Systems, CN=Windscribe Node CA X2, serial=1

2021-07-20 17:07:49 OpenSSL: error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed

2021-07-20 17:07:49 TLS_ERROR: BIO read tls_read_plaintext error

2021-07-20 17:07:49 TLS Error: TLS object -> incoming plaintext read error

2021-07-20 17:07:49 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

2021-07-20 17:07:49 SIGHUP[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting

2021-07-20 17:07:49,483 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2021-07-20 17:07:49 WARNING: Compression for receiving enabled. Compression has been used in the past to break encryption. Sent packets are not compressed unless "allow-compression yes" is also set.

2021-07-20 17:07:49 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'AES-256-CBC' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add 'AES-256-CBC' to --data-ciphers or change --cipher 'AES-256-CBC' to --data-ciphers-fallback 'AES-256-CBC' to silence this warning.

2021-07-20 17:07:49 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

2 hours ago, BBLV said:

I'm also suddenly unable to access the webGUI and have made no changes to anything on the server. Thoughts?

Here is a snippet from my log. 🤔

2021-07-20 17:07:49 VERIFY ERROR: depth=1, error=unable to get local issuer certificate: C=CA, ST=ON, L=Toronto, O=Windscribe Limited, OU=Systems, CN=Windscribe Node CA X2, serial=1

2021-07-20 17:07:49 OpenSSL: error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed

2021-07-20 17:07:49 TLS_ERROR: BIO read tls_read_plaintext error

2021-07-20 17:07:49 TLS Error: TLS object -> incoming plaintext read error

2021-07-20 17:07:49 TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

2021-07-20 17:07:49 SIGHUP[soft,tls-error] received, process restarting

2021-07-20 17:07:49 WARNING: Compression for receiving enabled. Compression has been used in the past to break encryption. Sent packets are not compressed unless "allow-compression yes" is also set.

2021-07-20 17:07:49 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'AES-256-CBC' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add 'AES-256-CBC' to --data-ciphers or change --cipher 'AES-256-CBC' to --data-ciphers-fallback 'AES-256-CBC' to silence this warning.

2021-07-20 17:07:49 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

Same as well. Unable to access WebUI. Absolutely no changes. Haven't tried to use it in about a week as it was on autopilot until now. Works fine with VPN off..... So this is yet again a problem with PIA.