[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Thanks for detailed message.

So basically, you are saying that WebUI should work, but that network/OS/App is somehow not allowing that?

I'm accessing webUI from intranet, (no port forward), using default bridge. Tried 4 browsers, on several different devices, to no avail. No VLANs.

One of your questions was interesting....

"3. check firewall and ensure no blocking going on especially if you recently changed your firewall config, if no go:-"

---- I have explicit rule that permits access from pc (LAN1) to UNRAID (LAN2).

---- I did one-two changes on router, around DNS resolver, DNS servers, and DNS over TLS settings; in this case however, it might be a bit odd that I can access WebUIs of all docker containers, except Deluge's....I reverted DNS server changes to old settings, and I could not access Deluge's  WebUI.

Router logs explicitly show with timestamp, when I was accessing port 8112 on UNRAID from my pc, and the connection was permitted (not blocked) by my router.

But this is interesting.....

I installed on UNRAID Firefox docker. Using that Firefox, I could access WebUI.

However, I then changed network settings in Firefox to use proxy to Deluge's address [MY IP]:8118. When in Firefox I checked "whats my IP", the expected VPN's IP address was displayed, meaning Firefox docker was using Deluge docker's VPN service. When I now tried to access Deluge's webui at port 8112, I could not do so.

I'm not sure what to make of this.

ok so that log is showing a successful start, no issues shown on the vpn side, so a few questions for you:-

1. are you trying to access the web ui from inside your lan, or externally via vpn to your lan?

2. are you trying to access the web ui from a port forward outside your lan?

3. are you using macvlan (not supported), custom bridge (partially supported) or default bridge (supported)?

things to try:-

1. try a different browser, if no go:-

2. try a different device/machine, if no go:-

3. check firewall and ensure no blocking going on especially if you recently changed your firewall config, if no go:-

4. if you have any fancy vlan or multiple nic's in your server then take a look at this and ensure no blocking/routing issues.

to give you reassurance you can see deluge starts in the log file, this will ONLY happen if the vpn is up and working as expected (security feature):-

2021-07-14 15:46:53,822 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process started
[info] Waiting for Deluge process to start listening on port 58846...

2021-07-14 15:46:54,032 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process listening on port 58846

2021-07-14 15:46:55,853 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] No torrents with state 'Error' found

[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...

[info] Deluge Web UI started

Edited by tmor2
5 hours ago, tmor2 said:

I installed on UNRAID Firefox docker. Using that Firefox, I could access WebUI.

However, I then changed network settings in Firefox to use proxy to Deluge's address [MY IP]:8118. When in Firefox I checked "whats my IP", the expected VPN's IP address was displayed, meaning Firefox docker was using Deluge docker's VPN service. When I now tried to access Deluge's webui at port 8112, I could not do so.

this is expected, you need to bypass proxy for local ip addresses, not sure how you do this with firefox but in chrome you go to settings search for proxy and then enter in the network range to bypass, e.g.:-

image.thumb.png.9894f27eef37ae072720257584db5066.png

I started having issues yesterday. Unable to access my web-gui and other apps were not accessing the proxy, then I saw this on my VPN providers site.

OpenVPN compression phaseout is in progress and will be completed by August 3rd 2021.
If you downloaded configs from this page before you saw this message, you need to re-download them now, or simply remove the compress or comp-lzo flags from the config that you downloaded after July 20th 2021.

Re-downloading the config file fixed it for me.

• Like 1
Just now, jagr200 said:

I fixed mine by downloading new openvpn files and putting them in the docker image. On Saturday or Sunday I couldn't use the VPN on my other devices. I believe they changed the server I used. But not sure.

yep this is 99% of the time the issue, if there hasnt been a change to the docker image then the normal cause is either vpn provider or the end user changing something :-), this is why i get frustrated with 'me too!, i cant access the web ui', oh well i get why people post out of sheer frustration, but more helpful would be to post log with debugging on, glad your issue is solved.

p.s. not having a go at you, just saying this post shows a typical 'fix' being out of my control.

• Haha 1

Hi I need some help troubleshooting a kernel panic that started frequently happening for me starting somewhere around 7/10.

So far I've isolated the issue to the DelugeVPN docker as the system operates normally when the docker is shut down or no files are downloading. 

Immediately after starting the docker I am able to view the UI, downloads start downloading, and the memory usage for DelugeVPN shown in the docker tab starts climbing and climbing until eventual kernel panic 
Here's some info about my setup and some steps I've taken to troubleshoot

• I've ran memtest86 with 0 errors
  • I've completely destroyed the container and rebuilt from scratch including re-downloading the opvn files from PIA
  • Deluge writes to an unassigned disk for incomplete data and seed directory
  • No hardware changes
  • Have used this config for > 5 years with no hiccup or crash

This is the repeating error in the Deluged logs. By the time of the kernel panic this warning has repeated 1000s of times
10:59:23.491 [WARNING ][deluge.core.torrentmanager    :1639] on_alert_performance: <torrent_name>: performance warning: max outstanding piece requests reached, outstanding_request_limit_reached

Attached are pictures of the kernel panics, a screenshot of htop while a torrent is DL sorted by mem_usagehtop.thumb.PNG.40375dde29d8abbd076e983d9e7e32a6.PNGIMG_4634.thumb.jpg.69d128c2040b898e98e6e2a5f4f3849b.jpgIMG_4636.thumb.jpg.630582a1bdd8dce91e9c736e72d02afa.jpg

10 hours ago, binhex said:

yep this is 99% of the time the issue, if there hasnt been a change to the docker image then the normal cause is either vpn provider or the end user changing something :-), this is why i get frustrated with 'me too!, i cant access the web ui', oh well i get why people post out of sheer frustration, but more helpful would be to post log with debugging on, glad your issue is solved.

p.s. not having a go at you, just saying this post shows a typical 'fix' being out of my control.

My OpenVPN is also not working (along with DelugeVPN being broken), so this likely is the culprit. Extremely frustrating that they can't implement something like this without breaking everyone's VPN's that have been rock solid... If I still have issues after updating my config files tonight I'll report back, but seems that is the fix for most.

Update: Downloading new config file fixed it... Odd problem but thankfully simple solution.

Edited by BBLV
  • Like 1
Just now, whitewraith said:

Maybe a dumb question, but how can i be sure that delugevpn is using the vpn. If it is enabled in the container and then I can open the webui, does that mean it is using the vpn and all is well? Or is it if I can download something with vpn enabled in the container?

if vpn_enabled is yes and you can access the web ui of deluge then you are secure and the vpn is up.

My VPN (Windscribe) is also doing the phase out thing and I had the same issues, so here's what I did:

Downloaded the updated ca.crt and ta.key files and replaced the ones in appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn folder

Opened the .ovpn file (name will vary based on your vpn), deleted the line "compress lzo" as per Windscribe's instrux, then manually copied the certificate from the ca.crt file and replaced the old one, closed

Started delugevpn, it worked like normal.

That was all it took. Hopefully this helps some of you!

Edited by greyday
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, greyday said:

My VPN (Windscribe) is also doing the phase out thing and I had the same issues, so here's what I did:

Downloaded the updated ca.crt and ta.key files and replaced the ones in appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn folder

Opened the .ovpn file (name will vary based on your vpn), deleted the line "compress lzo" as per Windscribe's instrux, then manually copied the certificate from the ca.crt file and replaced the old one, closed

Started delugevpn, it worked like normal.

That was all it took. Hopefully this helps some of you!

I'm on Windscribe as well. I just replaced the old .ovpn file with the newly generated file from Windscribe and all works again, but my speeds seem slower than before. Are you seeing "normal" speeds with the extra steps you took?

On 7/21/2021 at 11:58 AM, teddyjo said:

Hi I need some help troubleshooting a kernel panic that started frequently happening for me starting somewhere around 7/10.

So far I've isolated the issue to the DelugeVPN docker as the system operates normally when the docker is shut down or no files are downloading. 

Immediately after starting the docker I am able to view the UI, downloads start downloading, and the memory usage for DelugeVPN shown in the docker tab starts climbing and climbing until eventual kernel panic 
Here's some info about my setup and some steps I've taken to troubleshoot

• I've ran memtest86 with 0 errors
  • I've completely destroyed the container and rebuilt from scratch including re-downloading the opvn files from PIA
  • Deluge writes to an unassigned disk for incomplete data and seed directory
  • No hardware changes
  • Have used this config for > 5 years with no hiccup or crash

This is the repeating error in the Deluged logs. By the time of the kernel panic this warning has repeated 1000s of times
10:59:23.491 [WARNING ][deluge.core.torrentmanager    :1639] on_alert_performance: <torrent_name>: performance warning: max outstanding piece requests reached, outstanding_request_limit_reached

Attached are pictures of the kernel panics, a screenshot of htop while a torrent is DL sorted by mem_usage

Small update

I've since nuked the container again and setup from scratch using Wireguard. Torrent started DLing close to 20MB/s which is very good, then 20min later dropped to 20KB/s and things became unresponsive forcing a hard reset. 

Attached is the syslog from the time of the issue

delugelogs.txt

8 hours ago, BBLV said:

I'm on Windscribe as well. I just replaced the old .ovpn file with the newly generated file from Windscribe and all works again, but my speeds seem slower than before. Are you seeing "normal" speeds with the extra steps you took?

The stuff I download tends to be the like 1-3 seeders type (since I have streaming services for all the mainstream stuff). I'll grab a linux torrent later tonight and see what speeds I'm getting...

Ok. that solved the issue for using UNRAID->Docker->Firefox, but this Firefox Docker is just for testing purposes -> I use browser on PC to send torrents to port 811 on UNRAID box.

I still can't figure out what is preventing me from accessing port 8112. The chain of data is:

PC Browser->PC->Router->UNRAID->docker (Deluge)-> port 8112

PC Browser level: no proxies, no network modifications at all, inherits from PC

PC: no proxies, no network modifications at all, inherits from Router

Router (pfsense): Special Firewall Rule explicitly permits PC to UNRAID

UNRAID: inherits from router

Deluge: starts up fine.

On 7/21/2021 at 2:46 PM, binhex said:

this is expected, you need to bypass proxy for local ip addresses, not sure how you do this with firefox but in chrome you go to settings search forproxy and then enter in the network range to bypass, e.g.:-

image.thumb.png.9894f27eef37ae072720257584db5066.png

I'm having issues seeing the WEBUI under the Radarr docker:

image.png.9d8c245c9a8f4da3d45c806edd66fd10.png

I have been trying everything: changing VPN locations, going through all different guides online, etc. and nothing has seemed to work.

So far I know that my VPN connection (Torguard) is working (I can view WebUI for delugevpn, and also when I do "curl ifconfig.co" in both deluge and radarr it is showing the correct VPN location. I also am able to view the UI if I go to the ServerIP:7878 in my firefox browser (I am currently connected to the same lan as the server)

Here is how my delugevpn is set up (removed username and password):

image.thumb.png.7d30784fd019006b1e12444e7f4b128e.png

Here is how my Radarr is setup:

image.thumb.png.adf5f24cdc914df44f9f4f30cfb4344d.png

Here is my Radarr SysLog:

2021-07-24 01:36:03.681035 [info] Host is running unRAID
2021-07-24 01:36:03.703326 [info] System information Linux 14b5585869a1 5.10.28-Unraid #1 SMP Wed Apr 7 08:23:18 PDT 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2021-07-24 01:36:03.728086 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2021-07-24 01:36:03.752592 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2021-07-24 01:36:03.780774 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2021-07-24 01:36:03.888052 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2021-07-24 01:36:03.912581 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2021-07-24 01:36:03.938633 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2021-07-24 01:36:03.967627 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2021-07-24 01:36:04,121 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/radarr.conf" during parsing
2021-07-24 01:36:04,121 INFO Set uid to user 0 succeeded
2021-07-24 01:36:04,123 INFO supervisord started with pid 7
2021-07-24 01:36:05,128 INFO spawned: 'radarr' with pid 57
2021-07-24 01:36:05,129 INFO spawned: 'shutdown-script' with pid 58
2021-07-24 01:36:05,130 INFO reaped unknown pid 8 (exit status 0)
2021-07-24 01:36:05,418 DEBG 'radarr' stdout output:
[Info] Bootstrap: Starting Radarr - /usr/lib/radarr/bin/Radarr - Version 3.2.2.5080

2021-07-24 01:36:05,418 INFO success: shutdown-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2021-07-24 01:36:05,643 DEBG 'radarr' stdout output:
[Info] AppFolderInfo: Data directory is being overridden to [/config]

2021-07-24 01:36:05,688 DEBG 'radarr' stdout output:
[Info] Router: Application mode: Interactive

2021-07-24 01:36:05,739 DEBG 'radarr' stdout output:
[Info] MigrationController: *** Migrating data source=/config/radarr.db;cache size=-20000;datetimekind=Utc;journal mode=Wal;pooling=True;version=3 ***

2021-07-24 01:36:05,877 DEBG 'radarr' stdout output:
[Info] MigrationController: *** Migrating data source=/config/logs.db;cache size=-20000;datetimekind=Utc;journal mode=Wal;pooling=True;version=3 ***

2021-07-24 01:36:06,059 DEBG 'radarr' stdout output:
[Info] WebHostController: Listening on the following URLs:

2021-07-24 01:36:06,060 DEBG 'radarr' stdout output:
[Info] WebHostController:   http://*:7878

2021-07-24 01:36:06,194 DEBG 'radarr' stdout output:
[Info] RadarrBootstrapper: Starting Web Server

2021-07-24 01:36:06,195 INFO success: radarr entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2021-07-24 01:36:07,363 DEBG 'radarr' stdout output:
[Info] CommandExecutor: Starting 2 threads for tasks.

I'm sure I messed up somewhere along the lines and maybe I missed a semicolon or something. Anyone have any input?

I'm having issues seeing the WEBUI under the Radarr docker

That’s perfectly normal when using the network of another docker, like delugevpn in your case. The web ui button under the docker will simply not be there. Nothing wrong with your config.
Use a bookmark in your browser instead, or remember the ip and port number to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a bit of a docker newb and not particularly network savvy, but I've been using 2.0.3-2-01 successfully for a while now. I've tried to upgrade a few times recently and it didn't go well. I've read this whole thread, the FAQs, etc. I think I have most everything working and talking to each other with the new version (Radarr, Sonnarr, Jackett, Bazzarr all using privproxy via localhost and excluding local IP, and VPN is up and Deluge working). However, my incoming port for Deluge over my Torguard VPN connection seems closed (not using PIA). I was using additional ports successfully previously, but not sure if I should be using input or output port environmental variables now? I'm honestly having a little trouble understanding some of the changes, but otherwise my setup is fairly straight-forward (I'm not sharing same network between dockers, only using privproxy as mentioned above). When I check the port, no one responds. When I roll back to 2.0.3-2-01, works fine. Any tips?  And thanks for these awesome dockers/tools!

Why can't I get my Delugevpn on Unraid to work?????

For the last 5 days I have been completed frustrated trying to get Delugevpn to work with my expressvpn. I used SI 2017 tube video and never got it to work; so last night I joined PIA and for about and hour after setting it up it still didn't work meaning the WEBUI would never come up. Then on my 50th attempt of so it started. I was able to completely set it up and test run a file and it worked. Today I decided to change the server so I copied the new ovpn, restarted it and nothing. I put the old server file back and deleted the new server and nothing. Why is this so difficult to setup. I'm knowledgeable with Windows and Mac systems but new to Unraid so it's a learning curve for sure. I'm accessing the the server from a Mac running Big Sur.

3 minutes ago, John S said:

Why can't I get my Delugevpn on Unraid to work?????

For the last 5 days I have been completed frustrated trying to get Delugevpn to work with my expressvpn. I used SI 2017 tube video and never got it to work; so last night I joined PIA and for about and hour after setting it up it still didn't work meaning the WEBUI would never come up. Then on my 50th attempt of so it started. I was able to completely set it up and test run a file and it worked. Today I decided to change the server so I copied the new ovpn, restarted it and nothing. I put the old server file back and deleted the new server and nothing. Why is this so difficult to setup. I'm knowledgeable with Windows and Mac systems but new to Unraid so it's a learning curve for sure. I'm accessing the the server from a Mac running Big Sur.

Attach the supervisord log in appdata to your next post.

Sorry if this has been addressed, I didn't see anything in a search.

When I restart the DelugeVPN docker, it loses any torrents I had queued that did not have any download progress (0% progress). My torrents are added via Radarr/Sonarr, and they queue to the bottom, and don't actually download any torrent information until they get to the top and start.

I suppose I could solve this by queuing to the top, but I would rather have first in/first out. Is there another solution? Should I maybe have deluge save a copy of the torrent files to a folder? Or is this a Sonarr/Radarr issue?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I actually see two torrents with 0% progress still in the deluge queue, but they have the file information available, so they have apparently downloaded the torrent information. Is there a way to have the torrent grab the information when it is added via Sonarr/Radarr?

Edited by ZERØ
Added clarification

I'm trying to find the current list of PIA servers that support port forwarding.

In the docs, it says check  /config/supervisord.log

all I have is: 

2021-07-28 15:47:42,750 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...

There's no actual list of servers. Any idea where to get that?