[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

wgstarks...Here is a pic of my log. My first question is should I have 6 logs? What information would you like to see within these logs?

just looked at the log while trying to open the web ui and this is the message that keeps repeating: Unable to successfully download PIA json payload from URL 'https://10.12.111.1:19999/getSignature'

11038294_ScreenShot2021-07-28at10_13_26PM.thumb.png.35c7b6018cdace2590a59535b2591b1e.png

Edited by John S
add to the post

supervisord.log

Having issues accessing WebUI (Chrome gives "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"). VPN is working properly through PIA (thought this was the issue so I replaced certs and changed servers). Able to use connect to PIA using privoxy in windows. I've scanned the log files myself and cannot find an error. Google has failed me, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

4 hours ago, a-mack said:

supervisord.log 90.04 kB · 0 downloads

Having issues accessing WebUI (Chrome gives "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"). VPN is working properly through PIA (thought this was the issue so I replaced certs and changed servers). Able to use connect to PIA using privoxy in windows. I've scanned the log files myself and cannot find an error. Google has failed me, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

that looks like a successful start, questions for you:-

1. do you have proxy enabled in your web browser?

2. what is the ip address of the device running the web browser?

3. are you trying to access the ui via vpn, external or internal?

9 hours ago, shaunvis said:

I'm trying to find the current list of PIA servers that support port forwarding.

In the docs, it says check  /config/supervisord.log

all I have is: 

2021-07-28 15:47:42,750 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...

There's no actual list of servers. Any idea where to get that?

thats very odd!, i just restarted my container and it kicked out the list no problems, can you try a restart of the container, if it still doesnt output then please do the following:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

4 hours ago, binhex said:

1. Double checked and proxy is turned off.

2. 192.168.0.116

3. Internal, no vpn 

Also turned off my pi-hole just to double check.

Should I disable my router firewall and see if that works? I've never touched it before. 

1 minute ago, a-mack said:

Should I disable my router firewall and see if that works? I've never touched it before. 

i would be careful about doing that as you may inadvertently allow bad people in, but def check to see if there are any lan blocking rules in there that might be causing the issue, maybe crank the logging up on your router and see if you can spot anything.

10 hours ago, John S said:

wgstarks...Here is a pic of my log. My first question is should I have 6 logs? What information would you like to see within these logs?

just looked at the log while trying to open the web ui and this is the message that keeps repeating: Unable to successfully download PIA json payload from URL 'https://10.12.111.1:19999/getSignature'

11038294_ScreenShot2021-07-28at10_13_26PM.thumb.png.35c7b6018cdace2590a59535b2591b1e.png

Just save the most recent log as a text file. Redact your user/password credentials. Attach the text file to your next post.

35 minutes ago, John S said:

supervisord copy.txt 2.21 MB · 1 download

Attached is the log file. Thanks for the help

you are attempting to setup port forwarding on an endpoint that does not support it, from your log:-

2021-07-29 03:04:13,743 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] PIA endpoint 'us-atlanta.privacy.network' is not in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds maybe slow
[info] Please consider switching to one of the endpoints shown below

change to one of the endpoints that is port forward enabled (see your log for a list).

23 minutes ago, dun said:

How does someone use VPN_PROV=custom? There is no parameter for the ovpn config and it seems to defaulting to isreal.ovpn.

IIRC it will use the first ovpn file in the folder. If that file specifies Israel then that’s the server it will use. Which vpn provider are you using?

39 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

IIRC it will use the first ovpn file in the folder. If that file specifies Israel then that’s the server it will use. Which vpn provider are you using?

Stupid me, I didn't think about it right. I changed my provider and therefore had leftover configs in the folder. I deleted them and created the ovpn file for the new provider. Works as expected now :) Thanks for answering.

4 hours ago, John S said:

ok I've now changed to one of the servers listed and it Delugevpn still won't open (WebUI). Attached is the latest log.

supervisord1.txt 2.39 MB · 1 download

that is a successful start, so similar questions to you as the last guy:-

4. what is the 'network type' for this container?

On 7/29/2021 at 9:23 AM, binhex said:

i would be careful about doing that as you may inadvertently allow bad people in, but def check to see if there are any lan blocking rules in there that might be causing the issue, maybe crank the logging up on your router and see if you can spot anything.

Update, can't find any reason I can't connect on my network (tried another computer, disable pi-hole, etc). I can reach the binhex_sonarr container. I'm thinking about just deleting the entire docker and re-configuring? I'm out of ideas. Network mode is Bridge.

Could someone help me with how to properly setup an incoming port down my VPN to be used for Deluge/torrent connections? I used to use ADDITIONAL_PORTS, but now with the new container my incoming port seems closed From the outside world. I have all the other issues in this thread working well with the new version except this, but I see no documentation on it except I think I saw something saying don’t use INCOMING ports? Thanks!

Edited by SomeDudeUsingDockers
18 hours ago, SomeDudeUsingDockers said:

ADDITIONAL_PORTS

this is NOT for incoming ports, if your vpn provider is pia then this will happen automagically for you, if you are with any other provider then you need to read up and find out how a port is assigned and then manually set the port in the app.

7 hours ago, binhex said:

this is NOT for incoming ports, if your vpn provider is pia then this will happen automagically for you, if you are with any other provider then you need to read up and find out how a port is assigned and then manually set the port in the app.

Ah ok, my bad. Interestingly, I had it setup for the past year and things seemed to be working well until the new container versions with the security updates. Then my incoming port wouldn't show. I just removed the ENV for this, and the old container still works, and the new version now looks to be working, so THANKS!

Everything has been working fine for me for well over a year. Last week though my binhex-delugevpn UI stopped loading. I tried multiple container restarts, unraid restarts, and tried removing the container and re-adding it. No luck.

Both radarr and sonarr can add/pick up completed torrents just fine. Only the UI seems to be a problem.

Based on the other replies above, some additional info:
- Using wireguard to VPN into server as I am currently not able to physically access server. [This was working for the last 4 months so not a new variable to the system]

- Haven't changed anything on web browser recently. Not using a proxy on web browser or anything

supervisord.log

On 8/2/2021 at 12:23 PM, itsmepetey said:

Everything has been working fine for me for well over a year. Last week though my binhex-delugevpn UI stopped loading. I tried multiple container restarts, unraid restarts, and tried removing the container and re-adding it. No luck.

Both radarr and sonarr can add/pick up completed torrents just fine. Only the UI seems to be a problem.

- Using wireguard to VPN into server as I am currently not able to physically access server. [This was working for the last 4 months so not a new variable to the system]

- Haven't changed anything on web browser recently. Not using a proxy on web browser or anything

supervisord.log 77.81 kB · 0 downloads

Same exact problem.  I haven't changed a thing and now it suddenly doesn't work.  Here is what the log says:

2021-08-03 21:36:55,764 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully assigned and bound incoming port '34666'

2021-08-03 21:37:11,068 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge listening interface IP 0.0.0.0 and VPN provider IP 10.10.130.12 different, marking for reconfigure

2021-08-03 21:37:11,085 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge not running

2021-08-03 21:37:11,087 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge Web UI not running

2021-08-03 21:37:11,089 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy not running

2021-08-03 21:37:11,090 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge incoming port 6890 and VPN incoming port 34666 different, marking for reconfigure

2021-08-03 21:37:11,090 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Deluge...
[info] Removing deluge pid file (if it exists)...

2021-08-03 21:37:11,461 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'listen_interface' currently has a value of '10.2.204.134'
[info] Deluge key 'listen_interface' will have a new value '10.10.130.12'
[info] Writing changes to Deluge config file '/config/core.conf'...

2021-08-03 21:37:11,602 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'outgoing_interface' currently has a value of 'wg0'
[info] Deluge key 'outgoing_interface' will have a new value 'wg0'
[info] Writing changes to Deluge config file '/config/core.conf'...

2021-08-03 21:37:11,729 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge key 'default_daemon' currently has a value of '78f775c573e141beae1fd76eb58c09a1'
[info] Deluge key 'default_daemon' will have a new value '78f775c573e141beae1fd76eb58c09a1'
[info] Writing changes to Deluge config file '/config/web.conf'...

2021-08-03 21:37:12,045 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process started
[info] Waiting for Deluge process to start listening on port 58846...

2021-08-03 21:37:12,257 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge process listening on port 58846

2021-08-03 21:37:13,983 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
Setting "random_port" to: False
Configuration value successfully updated.

2021-08-03 21:37:15,782 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
Setting "listen_ports" to: (34666, 34666)
Configuration value successfully updated.

2021-08-03 21:37:17,666 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] No torrents with state 'Error' found

2021-08-03 21:37:17,666 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...
[info] Deluge Web UI started

2021-08-03 21:37:17,667 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Privoxy...

2021-08-03 21:37:18,674 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process started
[info] Waiting for Privoxy process to start listening on port 8118...

2021-08-03 21:37:18,678 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process listening on port 8118

On 8/2/2021 at 6:23 PM, itsmepetey said:

supervisord.log 77.81 kB · 1 download

this is your issue, from your log:-

2021-08-02 12:10:25.965470 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.1.1/24'

see Q4:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Hello 

Can someone please assist I will provide the full story 

So recently I noticed my binhex-delugevpn was for some strange reason binning ever download at night time even if uncompleted.

So I started an investigation but no luck so I completely removed it and reinstalled it which resolved the issue but has now brought up a new issue.

So the downloads are working fine but within windows file explorer i couldn't see the completed downloads, so I then went onto binhex-krusader and the new downloads are visible and also visible on the thermal for Unraid.

next step i checked the permissions for my download folders and subfolder to find they were set to the below 

the download folder its self - drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users   66 Aug  6 03:25 Downloads/

but the subfolders were set to 

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  6 Aug  6 08:52 completed/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 10 Aug  6 03:25 torrents/

so i then changed the permissions to match the Downloads folder which then presented all the completed downloads so i therefore thought the issue was resolved

but then i find that the next download was also invisible in windows so i checked the above again to find that the completed folder permission have stayed visible on "drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users" but the completed download itself is as follows

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 218 Aug  6 09:33 Star.Wars

So i never had this issue with my pervious binhex-delugevpn install but for some reason this one is not playing ball so how do i stop delugevpn putting my files into the following permissions "drwxrwxrwx" cause this is preventing sonarr and radarr from working correctly 

"EDIT SONARR AND RADARR ARE WORKING FINE" 

so my main question is how do i prevent deluge from making the files invisible for windows ? 

daigs logs uploaded 

windows view.PNG

terminal view.PNG

server-diagnostics-20210806-0934.zip

Edited by LoyalScotsman