[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Deluge had been working great. Today suddenly the downloads stopped so I restarted the container. Since I can not access the GUI.

I have attached what I beleive is the log.

Appreciate someone pointing me the right direction.

Thanks,

Vic

Edited by NeoSys
6 hours ago, NeoSys said:

Deluge had been working great. Today suddenly the downloads stopped so I restarted the container. Since I can not access the GUI.

I have attached what I beleive is the log.

Appreciate someone pointing me the right direction.

Thanks,

Vic

supervisord.log 9.16 MB · 2 downloads

The logs are showing a dns failure. You might try google (8.8.8.8). Also, you posted your vpn user name and password. You should change them ASAP.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, NeoSys said:

Thanks!!! And changed user and pass I feel like an idiot! 

People do it all the time.

Assuming that changing your name server fixed your issue, you may want to use the default value for dns-

209.222.18.222,84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,209.222.18.218,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1

It’s always worked very well for me.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, NeoSys said:

So I changed to goolge dns and still have problems. For context I also have binhex-sabnzbdvpn docker installed and its working perfect. I have attached log this time with user and pass deleted.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Vic

supervisord.log 9.37 kB · 1 download

Looks like the server is down. If I point my browser to 94-1-us.cg-dialup.net I get a can’t be found error. Is Sab using the same server?

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Looks like the server is down. If I point my browser to 94-1-us.cg-dialup.net I get a can’t be found error. Is Sab using the same server?

Thanks!!!! 

Dear lord after a year of Unraid I think I just started to understand reading the logs at 53 it takes a bit longer for me to understand things lol.

So I checked and no sab was using another server so I just setup new provider files with another server and immediately came back up.

Again Thank You So Much!

Vic

7 minutes ago, NeoSys said:

Thanks!!!! 

Dear lord after a year of Unraid I think I just started to understand reading the logs at 53 it takes a bit longer for me to understand things lol.

So I checked and no sab was using another server so I just setup new provider files with another server and immediately came back up.

Again Thank You So Much!

Vic

👍

What is going wrong here?

My deluge will only download a random percentage of my torrent, as though I am connectable and the torrents have enough seeders.

I just won't fully download, it won't go to 100%..

It used to download up to 100% even with the newest (uploaded) torrents (jumping on them even doesn't work).

chrome_9pExzsHMDE_deluge.thumb.png.5dd7a8490b46025d91b8e44e7f793d04.png

chrome_WS2xmulOnz.thumb.png.ff407676dd318b9ee58a4c9294dbfb88.png

Anyone got Privoxy SOCKS5 with torrent working? I mean using the SOCKS5 Proxy on the container for clients on my LAN who need to host own torrent client rather then download to uraid server via deluge in the container?

I enabled SOCKS5 and used the username and password on Deluge on my machine and it keeps saying Permission denied on all public trackers. Private are fine. As soon as I disable SOCKS5 proxy it starts working. 

I've had this container working for several months. As of yesterday it's not working. I can access the web GUI but am not seeing an external IP in the Web UI. Torrents aren't starting or downloading. Opening the console and performing a curl ifconfig.io returns the VPN IP. Connecting through openVPN to the same server on Windows appears to be working. I tried deleting and recreating the Docker container and am still having connection issues.

supervisord.log

49 minutes ago, bpham said:

I've had this container working for several months. As of yesterday it's not working. I can access the web GUI but am not seeing an external IP in the Web UI. Torrents aren't starting or downloading. Opening the console and performing a curl ifconfig.io returns the VPN IP. Connecting through openVPN to the same server on Windows appears to be working. I tried deleting and recreating the Docker container and am still having connection issues.

supervisord.log 33.6 kB · 3 downloads

nothing wrong in that log, if you can access the web ui then the tunnel is up, can you explain what you mean by this?:-

49 minutes ago, bpham said:

I can access the web GUI but am not seeing an external IP in the Web UI.

On 8/9/2021 at 6:36 PM, nekromantik said:

Anyone got Privoxy SOCKS5 with torrent working? I mean using the SOCKS5 Proxy on the container for clients on my LAN who need to host own torrent client rather then download to uraid server via deluge in the container?

I enabled SOCKS5 and used the username and password on Deluge on my machine and it keeps saying Permission denied on all public trackers. Private are fine. As soon as I disable SOCKS5 proxy it starts working. 

dont bother, deluge ip leaks like a sieve for http/socks proxy, this is the main reason i created this image with vpn built in.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, binhex said:

nothing wrong in that log, if you can access the web ui then the tunnel is up, can you explain what you mean by this?:-

Disregard. Problem with my VPN provider. Switched to a different one I have and it seems to be working. Thanks for your help.

Edited by bpham
33 minutes ago, bpham said:

AFAIK paths are correct because they haven't been changed.

i would suspect this, they may not of changed but are they still valid, how are the paths defined and on the host path, does it exist?, is the disk full?, is their filesystem corruption perhaps?.

1 hour ago, storagehound said:

Hi, Everyone
I'm evaluating a dedicated VPN docker.  if I should decide to go that route is it wiser to disable the VPN features on the Binhex DelugeVPN or should I switch over version of regular Deluge (sans VPN)?

Thank you

Torrent clients need an open incoming port to function as designed. I don't know how you would manage that with a dedicated VPN container, it's handled for you in this container.

So I've had power blips the past two days that seem to always knock out ONLY Deluge from working again on reboot (I finally hooked up the server to a UPS so hopefully that won't happen again). For some reason the WebUI won't load for me.

I was able to get it to load if I disabled the VPN portion the docker settings, but need VPN enabled for obvious reasons. I checked through the log real quick (I'm very much in the dark for command line and such) and the only error I found was This "2021-08-16 19:20:08,424 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] No torrents with state 'Error' found"

There are also 2 warnings in the logs:

"2021-08-16 19:19:52,012 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2021-08-16 19:19:52 DEPRECATED OPTION: --cipher set to 'aes-128-cbc' but missing in --data-ciphers (AES-256-GCM:AES-128-GCM). Future OpenVPN version will ignore --cipher for cipher negotiations. Add 'aes-128-cbc' to --data-ciphers or change --cipher 'aes-128-cbc' to --data-ciphers-fallback 'aes-128-cbc' to silence this warning.

2021-08-16 19:19:52,013 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2021-08-16 19:19:52 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible"

I was able to get it to work after yesterday's blip, but I really don't know what did it. I've tried updating the OpenVPN files several times, including trying a few different servers. The only thing is I'm not sure if I'm supposed to use the "openvpn" or the "openvpn-nextgen" folders that I have (I believe I got it working using the nextgen yesterday).

Help and ideas much appreciated.

EDIT-

So not sure what did it, but I tried switching to Wireguard, which didn't work. But when I removed the additional clause for Wireguard, the WebUI started working again.

Edited by shadowkid017
Issue solved?
On 8/13/2021 at 7:36 PM, JonathanM said:

Torrent clients need an open incoming port to function as designed. I don't know how you would manage that with a dedicated VPN container, it's handled for you in this container.

I thought I would be to route DelugeVPN (what I currently use) or the standard Binhex Deluge through GluetunVPN (availabe in our app store)  much like I currently connect other dockers to DelugeVPN for that functionality.   I'll review.

Edited by storagehound

Hi, 

I hope someone can help me out please. 

I have now routed all my containers through Binhex-privoxyvpn and its all working great, EXCEPT for Binhex-deluge. 

I have ensured that the exact same settings on both Deluge and Privoxy have been used however when I start up the privoxy GUI it just seems to hang with no message. The logs seem to show everything as fine. For reference I'm using Mullvad Wireguard. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

Screenshot_20210818-185301_Firefox.thumb.png.d8d76e08eccca75bccd7928f899d7c40.png

Screenshot_20210818-185308_Firefox.thumb.png.a84759cf49702d6d01c896cad73a556a.png

Screenshot_20210818-185328_Firefox.thumb.png.83ddacc7c0c85474b9648a81cd749a71.png

Screenshot_20210818-185410_Firefox.thumb.png.ff0d366aef412ccf1a95ede063457c52.png

Screenshot_20210818-185415_Firefox.thumb.png.b872bd5996ccefe96baad3c5d487028f.png

Screenshot_20210818-185434_Firefox.thumb.png.22337a507e461a4ebd3de9be5793a4ef.png

***Just to add, I can "curl ifconfig.io" inside the Deluge container and it returns the same IP as Privoand all the other routed containers.***

Edited by BeardedNoir
On 4/21/2021 at 6:02 PM, wobblewoo said:

Hello. Im trying to setup Deluge Docker with my VPNSecure details and i cant get it to work. It works fine is i turn the VPN off. 

Ive used these details:

Key1: yes
Key2: <my username>
Key3: <my password>
Key 4: custom
Key 5: openvpn
Key 6: i've left this blank, i don't know what it is
Key 7: yes

Ive downloaded the .ovpn file i need from VPNSecure and placed it it /appdata/binhex-delugevpn/openvpn

I also placed a few other files supplied by them in there, the folder contains:

myusernam.key

ca.crt

credentials.conf (generated by the Docker)

dh2048.pem

nl1-TCP-myusernam.ovpn

myusernam.crt

When i try to go to the webUi on port 8112, nothing happens.

Im fairly new to this - short of getting a PIA account, can anyone help?

Many thanks.

anyone know if this issue with Vpnsecure and DelugeVPN got resolved? Got the exact same problem as wobblewoo had.

I have just set up delugevpn and am attempting to test the speed and make sure everything is in working order, and I can't get the web UI for speedtest working through deluge to save my life. I'm trying to put adolfintel's speedtest docker through delugevpn. I followed the following steps:

1. Set network type in speedtest to none
  2. Set extra parameters in speedtest to --net=container:binhex-delugevpn
  3. Add port variable in delugevpn docker that matches the port variable of speedtest

Both start up. curl ifconfig.io shows the correct ip address in the country of my VPN config file. However, when I attempt to get to the speedtest webui by typing in my server IP and port, the connection times out. Attached are images of the relevant settings. Am I doing anything wrong?

Edit: this is happening with all dockers I've tested.

Speedtest settings:

speedtest_settings.png

delugevpn settings:

delugevpn_settings.pngdelugevpn_portsettings.png

port mappings:

speedtest_portmappings.png

delugevpn_portmappings.png

Edited by kwatz
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, kwatz said:

I have just set up delugevpn and am attempting to test the speed and make sure everything is in working order, and I can't get the web UI for speedtest working through deluge to save my life. I'm trying to put adolfintel's speedtest docker through delugevpn. I followed the following steps:

1. Set network type in speedtest to none
  2. Set extra parameters in speedtest to --net=container:binhex-delugevpn
  3. Add port variable in delugevpn docker that matches the port variable of speedtest

Both start up. curl ifconfig.io shows the correct ip address in the country of my VPN config file. However, when I attempt to get to the speedtest webui by typing in my server IP and port, the connection times out. Attached are images of the relevant settings. Am I doing anything wrong?

Speedtest settings:

speedtest_settings.png

delugevpn settings:

delugevpn_settings.pngdelugevpn_portsettings.png

port mappings:

speedtest_portmappings.png

delugevpn_portmappings.png

I am having the exact same issue, I'm running all of my dockers through Binhex-privoxyvpn and everything is great. However, whenever I try to run ANY torrent docker (Binhex's Deluge or anything else) through Binhex-privoxyvpn, I run into the exact same issue as yourself.

I look forward to seeing if you are able to fix this issue. Please let me know if you resolve it away from this post. 👍🏻

***EDIT***

The solution is here (Q24 & Q25);

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

You need to update you VPN_INPUT_PORTS variable in Privoxyvpn with the port of the container you wish to access. This was implemented as part of Binhex tightening security.

Edited by BeardedNoir