[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Hi there, a big NOOB here. I have just set up my first UNRAID, and installed binhex (delugevpn, sonarr, radarr, sabnsbd) with the intention of running sonarr/radarr/sab via delugevpn. I followed videos (the most recent ones) from https://www.youtube.com/c/SpaceinvaderOne/

Delugevpn works but regardless of how many times i redo this i can never get sonarr or radarr webUI to run,. I understand it won't be available via the unraid interface and i have to type the IP in (for me an example is 10.0.0.19:7878) however I receive this error

the site can't be reached....

My delugevpn template has been updated and when i download ubintu via torrent it seems to work. I use the curl command to confirm my IP is running via my PIA vpn, but it appears I can't run anything other container through it. I also include a screenshot of (1 - deluge, 2 - Sonarr,)

Any advice or assistance would be great. If I need logs, please let me know specifically what i need and where from and I will upload them.

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 8.27.06 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 8.30.08 pm.png

On 10/17/2021 at 11:34 AM, thetardiskey said:

Hi there, a big NOOB here. I have just set up my first UNRAID, and installed binhex (delugevpn, sonarr, radarr, sabnsbd) with the intention of running sonarr/radarr/sab via delugevpn. I followed videos (the most recent ones) from https://www.youtube.com/c/SpaceinvaderOne/

Delugevpn works but regardless of how many times i redo this i can never get sonarr or radarr webUI to run,. I understand it won't be available via the unraid interface and i have to type the IP in (for me an example is 10.0.0.19:7878) however I receive this error

the site can't be reached....

My delugevpn template has been updated and when i download ubintu via torrent it seems to work. I use the curl command to confirm my IP is running via my PIA vpn, but it appears I can't run anything other container through it. I also include a screenshot of (1 - deluge, 2 - Sonarr,)

Any advice or assistance would be great. If I need logs, please let me know specifically what i need and where from and I will upload them.

Cheers!

Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 8.27.06 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-17 at 8.30.08 pm.png

Screen Recording 2021-10-17 at 8.31.31 pm.mov Screen Recording 2021-10-17 at 8.32.50 pm.mov

Your containers for Sonarr, Radarr & sabnzbd are showing as stopped? Are they failing to start?

1 hour ago, WirralTom said:

Your containers for Sonarr, Radarr & sabnzbd are showing as stopped? Are they failing to start?

No issues starting them, that was just the screenshot. I managed to get the WebUI up by adding the WebUI ports into delugeVPN . I can now log in to Sonarr and Radarr, however  however I have no idea what to put in the output ports. See screenshot.

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 9.06.19 pm.png

Running into a rather strange issue with not being able to access my webui lately. 

-Can only get access to the webui if i'm at the host location

-If i'm VPN'd into the host LAN or Server i can't access the webui (can access any other docker webui just fine)

-Tried two different VPN methods (unifi l2tp, wiregard from server)

Any tips or insights I may have missed or failed to try? This only started recently. 

Just switched from deluge to binhex-delugevpn about 2-3 weeks ago. I'm also using the chrome addon delugesiphon to add torrents to delugevpn. I'm having an issue where randomly I am not able to add torrents after a random amount of time. This never happened with regular deluge. I've had it happened over 10+ times now. Only fix is to restart the container.

Here is the error that I'm getting in supervisord.log when trying to add torrents with delugesiphon.

2021-10-20 14:25:56,825 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
Unhandled error in Deferred:

2021-10-20 14:25:56,826 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/twisted/web/client.py", line 2037, in connectionLost
    self.original.connectionLost(reason)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/deluge/httpdownloader.py", line 78, in connectionLost
    self.finished.callback(self.agent.filename)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 477, in callback
    self._startRunCallbacks(result)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 580, in _startRunCallbacks
    self._runCallbacks()
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 662, in _runCallbacks
    current.result = callback(current.result, *args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/deluge/core/core.py", line 544, in on_download_success
    return self.add_torrent_file(filename, b64encode(data), options)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/deluge/core/core.py", line 483, in add_torrent_file
    return self.torrentmanager.add(
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/deluge/core/torrentmanager.py", line 538, in add
    raise AddTorrentError(
deluge.error.AddTorrentError: Unable to add torrent, decoding filedump failed: expected value (list, dict, int or string) in bencoded string

Edited by ShadyDeth
30 minutes ago, ShadyDeth said:

Just switched from deluge to binhex-delugevpn about 2-3 weeks ago. I'm also using the chrome addon delugesiphon to add torrents to delugevpn. I'm having an issue where randomly I am not able to add torrents after a random amount of time. This never happened with regular deluge. I've had it happened over 10+ times now. Only fix is to restart the container.

Here is the error that I'm getting in supervisord.log when trying to add torrents with delugesiphon.

This sounds like it could be exactly what I posted about a few posts back. If that Chrome plugin relies on using Deluge's watch folder (aka AutoAdd) to watch for magnet links, I'd look at my post and try that fix.

Edited by SomeDudeUsingDockers
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, SomeDudeUsingDockers said:

This sounds like it could be exactly what I posted about a few posts back. If that Chrome plugin relies on using Deluge's watch folder (aka AutoAdd) to watch for magnet links, I'd look at my post and try that fix.

I'll give it a shot. It does sound like what happening to me except I'm not using magnet links. But at the same time I'm not sure how the chrome addon handles the adding of the torrents so I hope this fixes it.

It says the issue has been fixed in 2.0.4.dev57 but delugevpn is running 2.0.4.dev56

Thanks again for the reply. I've been going nuts having to restart so much.

20 minutes ago, ShadyDeth said:

I'll give it a shot. It does sound like what happening to me except I'm not using magnet links. But at the same time I'm not sure how the chrome addon handles the adding of the torrents so I hope this fixes it.

It says the issue has been fixed in 2.0.4.dev57 but delugevpn is running 2.0.4.dev56

Thanks again for the reply. I've been going nuts having to restart so much.

I think it can also happen with .torrents too. Keep an eye on whether AutoAdd has unchecked itself in options, that's the tell tale sign. You can also try this container: binhex/arch-delugevpn:2.0.3-2-01. That was the last one that worked for me before this broke. Only downside is that one in theory can leak IPs in certain rare cases. But if that works, and the latest doesn't, it's the same issue. But the way you described it is exactly how it played out for me, intermittent, hard to pin down, still can manually add torrents fine, but always eventually breaks the watch folder and unchecks the box too (usually). 

hi guys im also useing the binhex delugevpn with sabnzbd ,sonarr and radarr running through deluge(all binhex containers) , ive had it set up this way for ages ever since seeing spaceinvader one video .its ran fine for ages but can no longer get any of the webui up by going to the address bar and typing it in ...i also use private internet access vpn also and is set up accordingly , any ideas guys or solutions ?

6 minutes ago, Knh68 said:

hi guys im also useing the binhex delugevpn with sabnzbd ,sonarr and radarr running through deluge(all binhex containers) , ive had it set up this way for ages ever since seeing spaceinvader one video .its ran fine for ages but can no longer get any of the webui up by going to the address bar and typing it in ...i also use private internet access vpn also and is set up accordingly , any ideas guys or solutions ?

Attach your supervisord log to your next post. Be sure to redact user/password info.

I’m trying to have prowlarr proxy through delugevpn so that torrent magnet files and nzb files are accessed through the VPN. I have privoxy enabled and put in the correct info on the prowlarr side of things. But when I use the prowlarr console to check IP (curl ifconfig.me) I still get my own public IP from my ISP. If I do the same command through the delugevpn I get a different IP, presumably from PIA endpoint which is my VPN provider. I’ve looked through logs but see no errors related to proxy as far as I can tell. 

I’m on the docker tag 2.0.4.dev38_g23a48dd01-3-01 if that makes a difference. I think I had swapped from latest a while ago when PIA had issues and it was recommended as a short term fix and I never swapped back. 

These containers are on different docker networks but that shouldn’t have an impact right? Delugevpn is on bridge and prowlarr is on proxynet (I intend to make it accessible through reverse proxy once I get authelia up and running). 

I’ve attached a picture of the proxy settings in prowlarr that don’t work. 

3B25506F-0631-49AD-B393-A50A05252E30.png

2 hours ago, scd780 said:

I’m trying to have prowlarr proxy through delugevpn so that torrent magnet files and nzb files are accessed through the VPN. I have privoxy enabled and put in the correct info on the prowlarr side of things. But when I use the prowlarr console to check IP (curl ifconfig.me) I still get my own public IP from my ISP. If I do the same command through the delugevpn I get a different IP, presumably from PIA endpoint which is my VPN provider. I’ve looked through logs but see no errors related to proxy as far as I can tell. 

I’m on the docker tag 2.0.4.dev38_g23a48dd01-3-01 if that makes a difference. I think I had swapped from latest a while ago when PIA had issues and it was recommended as a short term fix and I never swapped back. 

These containers are on different docker networks but that shouldn’t have an impact right? Delugevpn is on bridge and prowlarr is on proxynet (I intend to make it accessible through reverse proxy once I get authelia up and running). 

I’ve attached a picture of the proxy settings in prowlarr that don’t work. 

3B25506F-0631-49AD-B393-A50A05252E30.png

Try "localhost" for Hostname. And possibly only 10.0.0.19 for ignored.

Edited by SomeDudeUsingDockers

Hello, 

I got a problem with this container I can't figure out.

Every 15 minutes the log shows that the outbound port is configured, but it's always the same port. 

2021-10-25 09:43:45,023 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...

2021-10-25 09:43:45,023 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge Web UI started

2021-10-25 09:43:45,026 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Privoxy...

2021-10-25 09:43:46,035 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process started

2021-10-25 09:43:46,036 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Waiting for Privoxy process to start listening on port 8118...

2021-10-25 09:43:46,043 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process listening on port 8118

2021-10-25 09:58:31,237 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully assigned and bound incoming port '32917'

2021-10-25 10:13:31,405 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

2021-10-25 10:28:31,585 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

Result is that Torrents are not connectable and the RSS Plugin doesn't fetch the Feed.

Tested it with binhex-rtorrent and shows the same behaviour.

Any idea what's causing this?

9 minutes ago, Llamrei said:

Result is that Torrents are not connectable and the RSS Plugin doesn't fetch the Feed.

Tested it with binhex-rtorrent and shows the same behaviour.

Any idea what's causing this?

this is not the source of your problem, if the port is closed then it will be detected and another port assigned to you (assuming PIA, if not then its up to you to assign incoming port).

Checking back in after a week of applying the fix @SomeDudeUsingDockers suggested here about my issue to say everything has been running as expected without running into the problem I was having after upgrading from regular deluge to binhex-delugevpn.

So the built in AutoAdd issue in deluge 2.0.4.dev56 is fixed with the supplied fixed AutoAdd plugin, or once delugevpn is updated to at least the 2.0.4.dev57 build.

I managed to get my sonarr, radarr, sabznbdand prowlarr running through deluge vpn OK, i hadn't added the container ports to the input and output ports of the vpn inside the deluge docker..... All seem to be working fine and i bashed each container all showing same ip address......... Does anyone know if there's a limit on how many containers could run through deluge.? 

20 minutes ago, tmor2 said:

You are the 6th person (including me) with the same issue of accessing WebGUI.

please do not generalise, lack of access to the webui is a symptom, it does not necessarily mean the root cause is the same (very unlikely), to be clear a lot of users are happily using this docker image, if the image was faulty i would have a lot of people all screaming at me, not to mention the image has not been rebuilt for literally months! (21st april).

Don't know if it'll help anyone, but i got my sonarr and radarr dockers webui working by adding their ports not just to the bottom of the edit screen and mapping the ports, but i added them to the vpn input and vpn output ports as well in deluge, then i was able to type my server ip and docker port and bingo it worked.! Hope it helps i too was bamboozled but it worked for me 

27 minutes ago, tmor2 said:

His opinion is that what you did with IP tables exposes entire UNRAID server to cybersecurity attacks?

err how?

UNRAID dropped support for IP tables for a good reason,

still present in the latest current release, so not sure what you are on about

and the two "echo" executables from above link re-exposes the entire server to attacks.

actually that is a legacy command, iptable_mangle is loaded by default now and has been for a while (number of months if not years), so if its a security concern you best take that up with limetech 😛 - issue command lsmod and note the following:-

root@Tower:~# lsmod | grep 'iptable_mangle'
iptable_mangle         16384  2
ip_tables              28672  8 iptable_filter,iptable_raw,iptable_nat,iptable_mangle
x_tables               28672  17 ip6table_filter,xt_conntrack,iptable_filter,xt_tcpudp,xt_addrtype,xt_CHECKSUM,xt_nat,xt_comment,ip6_tables,ipt_REJECT,xt_connmark,iptable_raw,ip_tables,ip6table_mangle,xt_MASQUERADE,iptable_mangle,xt_mark