[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Just now, RichJacot said:

Well... I set DEBUG but now I can't replicate it.  Maybe it was a problem with my VPN provider, but it has happened a couple times.  The next time I have the issue I know where debug is.  ;-)

Thanks Binhex.

most probably a vpn issue yes, if you haven't pulled down a new docker image then its highly unlikely that its a coding issue with the container.

Hi All,

Is PIA down for everyone else too ?

I keep getting:-

DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 2, column 0

today at 18:39:51 2021-11-15 18:39:51,729 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[warn] Unable to successfully download PIA json to generate token from URL 'https://privateinternetaccess.com/gtoken/generateToken'

[info] 7 retries left

DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

Hi,

I have a VPN setup on my UniFi Dream Machine and I am unable to load DelugeVPN WebUI. When I'm at home, everything works just fine obviously but when connected over the VPN for some reason i cannot access DelugeVPN. I am able to access Sonarr, Radarr and Prowlarr's WebUI no Problem.

According to another post i made, a comment was to add my VPN subnet into the list of allowed addresses, how do i do that?

Edited by JosephStyles
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Your VPN login credentials.

Okay, good. That's a starting point. Though I'm at a loss as to how that could be because nothing has changed on my end other than the container updated.

*EDIT* That did it @JonathanM! All I did was go back to the container, put in my username and password (I noticed it was the older style one that PIA used) and then the UI came back up after a couple of minutes. Thank you.

So next question is, what does the webui have to do with a wrong username/password for a VPN provider? Technically the container should still start, no?

Edited by LittleMike
On 10/2/2021 at 11:44 AM, frodr said:

Q6A:

Q21. I now see that you support WireGuard, how do i switch from OpenVPN to WireGuard client?

A21. Yes you are correct, all binhex VPN created images now support OpenVPN and WireGuard, for PIA and other VPN providers.

If you're a PIA user then please follow this procedure:-

Change Docker parameter from --cap-add=NET_ADMIN to --privileged=true (WireGuard requires privileged permissions).

Where in binhex-delugevpn do I find --cap-add=NET_ADMIN? This is what I see:

1896586703_Screenshot2021-10-02at19_39_56.png.ecfb9dd83d186891e8779efb81c9a3dd.png

// Frode

Hi, were you able to find the solution? I couldn't find "--cap-add=NET_ADMIN" either, and I have nothing in "Extra Parameters".

All I did was make sure the box for "Privileged" was checked, and then followed the rest of A21 instructions. It's working now. Hope that helps.