[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

2 hours ago, Flyinace2000 said:

Also trying to migrate to Wireguard.  Except when I follow the directions with wg0.conf is not generated at start up.  Just get an empty folder.  

Say it with me everyone, it's always DNS.  Removed all the DNS Servers from the docker settings except for cloud flair and (for some reason) my routerIP (not my DNS server).  Restarted and it worked.  

My router is an OpenSense box running Adguard.  

Either way, up and running.

Say it with me everyone, it's always DNS.  Removed all the DNS Servers from the docker settings except for cloud flair and (for some reason) my routerIP (not my DNS server).  Restarted and it worked.  

My router is an OpenSense box running Adguard.  

Either way, up and running.
Yes the issue was with pia DNS which has sadly stopped working, so removing pia DNS from the list will get you going again.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I think I'm going to have to bail on this container.  I really like the extra attention to leaking of tracker info or whatever it was, but it broke my container and a month or two of it not working and being no clearer what the issue is, it's actually just easier to go to one that isn't so hard to set up.

I run a custom VPN, which may be the difference (Surfshark), but - nothing changed, only the docker image changed.  I could roll back but I don't like that either.

Perhaps I'm feeling lazy (second beer in just now) - yep I'm feeling lazy.  But I will say, that if a change is made, and it breaks something for a lot of people the fix would normally be obvious by now.

Will see how the competitor containers are - maybe that will encourage me to come back. :)

10 hours ago, Marshalleq said:

I think I'm going to have to bail on this container.  I really like the extra attention to leaking of tracker info or whatever it was, but it broke my container and a month or two of it not working and being no clearer what the issue is, it's actually just easier to go to one that isn't so hard to set up.

I run a custom VPN, which may be the difference (Surfshark), but - nothing changed, only the docker image changed.  I could roll back but I don't like that either.

Perhaps I'm feeling lazy (second beer in just now) - yep I'm feeling lazy.  But I will say, that if a change is made, and it breaks something for a lot of people the fix would normally be obvious by now.

Will see how the competitor containers are - maybe that will encourage me to come back. :)

before you walk out the door, how about a quick look at your logs, please do this:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

On 11/15/2021 at 1:57 PM, wgstarks said:

Some of @binhex’s other dockers are also suffering from the same issue with PIA. I think that this error will only effect someone trying to start/restart the docker. It does seem to be wide spread though.

Is this still the case? I'm using PIA and having some connection, IP setting, and slow network issues. Only over the last like three days though, but it's only with my DelugeVPN and SABNZBVPN dockers. Running it as an actual VPN has no issues. Been pulling my hair out trying to get it functional again. I have the latest OpenVPN files and stuff.

Is it really just been a bad week for PIA?

Anyone have issues with slowness in this container. For example when sorting by different settings like upload/download speed or date added it takes a while for it to update ~3-8 seconds. This is kinda for anything in the container, even switching to that tab in chrome and waiting for it to update. 

For reference:

Server: 20c/40t 128GB RAM nothing dedicated - added like a standard container

Seeding ~1000 torrents

AppData is running on a SSD

Is this common? And if it is is there any way to speed this up?

My unRAID docker all of a sudden won't start. Just gives `Execution Error: Server Error` message. No logs in log window, and deleting the logs shown here never recreates those logs for some reason.

I've tried changing the PIA OPVN file to Switzerland (from Spain), and also changing the DNS I saw in this thread. I changed it to "1.1.1.1,1.0.0.1,8.8.8.8,192.168.9.1" (cloudflare, cloudfare backup, google (just to test), and home router IPs).

Not sure how to continue troubleshooting, especially if the logs aren't being generated. I wish that error was more specific though.

4 minutes ago, Majawat said:

My unRAID docker all of a sudden won't start. Just gives `Execution Error: Server Error` message. No logs in log window, and deleting the logs shown here never recreates those logs for some reason.

I've tried changing the PIA OPVN file to Switzerland (from Spain), and also changing the DNS I saw in this thread. I changed it to "1.1.1.1,1.0.0.1,8.8.8.8,192.168.9.1" (cloudflare, cloudfare backup, google (just to test), and home router IPs).

Not sure how to continue troubleshooting, especially if the logs aren't being generated. I wish that error was more specific though.

This usually happens when you run another docker container with the same port assignments. Check you docker tab to ensure that no other container is using the same ports.  Or maybe the easier way is to click edit on the container, scroll down and click "show docker allocations". If there are multiple containers running on the same port they will be marked in red IIRC. If there are any containers using the same port, change ports on one of them.

There will be no logs created for the container because the container fails to start. But you will see an error in your unraid syslog I think. There could be several other reasons why you get this error as well, so you will have to post your diagnostics in your next post if you want more help. 

40 minutes ago, strike said:

This usually happens when you run another docker container with the same port assignments. Check you docker tab to ensure that no other container is using the same ports.  Or maybe the easier way is to click edit on the container, scroll down and click "show docker allocations". If there are multiple containers running on the same port they will be marked in red IIRC. If there are any containers using the same port, change ports on one of them.

I'm not seeing any duplicated ports. And it was fine before my UPS died and shutdown the unRAID hardware. Hasn't come up since power loss.

image.png.b4095f34f91a63c0dbf8d995d32c3fea.png

Attached are my diags as well.

hathor-diagnostics-20211128-1451.zip

Hi, I'm running into issues with viewing the WebUI of my binhex-delugevpn container... I thought perhaps the container might not be working correctly entirely but did see it has been downloading files on its own and can connect to radarr/sonarr when testing their connections to deluge... I'm just unable to access the Deluge UI to manually inspect activity. Would this be related to some of the DNS issues some have mentioned with PIA? I recently switched from Spain to Switzerland and am still getting a timeout when trying to load the WebUI. I can't really tell if anything is happening via the logs, I usually just see the following eventually after restarting the container/my server.  

2021-12-02 11:08:18,727 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully assigned and bound incoming port '59826'

Any help would be appreciated!

Slow speeds anyone?  Does PIA still have port forwarding at certain locations.  I cant seem to find the current list.   I was going to switch PIA locations to see if that made any differences. Anyone else seeing very very slow speeds?  I'm at 9 to 12 KiB/s.  The thread has many seeds, it should be much faster.  I removed all DNS besides the two cloudflare (1.1.1.1,1.0.0.1).

Any help would be appreciated.  Cheers!

Edited by drugdoctor
1 minute ago, drugdoctor said:

I cant seem to find the current list.

It's in your supervisord log.

[info] List of PIA endpoints that support port forwarding:-
[info] al.privacy.network
[info] ad.privacy.network
[info] austria.privacy.network
[info] brussels.privacy.network
[info] ba.privacy.network
[info] sofia.privacy.network
[info] zagreb.privacy.network
[info] czech.privacy.network
[info] denmark.privacy.network
[info] ee.privacy.network
[info] fi.privacy.network
[info] fi-2.privacy.network
[info] france.privacy.network
[info] de-berlin.privacy.network
[info] de-frankfurt.privacy.network
[info] gr.privacy.network
[info] hungary.privacy.network
[info] is.privacy.network
[info] ireland.privacy.network
[info] man.privacy.network
[info] italy.privacy.network
[info] italy-2.privacy.network
[info] lv.privacy.network
[info] liechtenstein.privacy.network
[info] lt.privacy.network
[info] lu.privacy.network
[info] mk.privacy.network
[info] malta.privacy.network
[info] md.privacy.network
[info] monaco.privacy.network
[info] montenegro.privacy.network
[info] nl-amsterdam.privacy.network
[info] no.privacy.network
[info] poland.privacy.network
[info] pt.privacy.network
[info] ro.privacy.network
[info] rs.privacy.network
[info] sk.privacy.network
[info] spain.privacy.network
[info] sweden.privacy.network
[info] sweden-2.privacy.network
[info] swiss.privacy.network
[info] ua.privacy.network
[info] uk-london.privacy.network
[info] uk-southampton.privacy.network
[info] uk-manchester.privacy.network
[info] uk-2.privacy.network
[info] bahamas.privacy.network
[info] ca-toronto.privacy.network
[info] ca-montreal.privacy.network
[info] ca-vancouver.privacy.network
[info] ca-ontario.privacy.network
[info] greenland.privacy.network
[info] mexico.privacy.network
[info] panama.privacy.network
[info] ar.privacy.network
[info] br.privacy.network
[info] venezuela.privacy.network
[info] yerevan.privacy.network
[info] bangladesh.privacy.network
[info] cambodia.privacy.network
[info] china.privacy.network
[info] cyprus.privacy.network
[info] georgia.privacy.network
[info] hk.privacy.network
[info] in.privacy.network
[info] israel.privacy.network
[info] japan.privacy.network
[info] japan-2.privacy.network
[info] kazakhstan.privacy.network
[info] macau.privacy.network
[info] mongolia.privacy.network
[info] philippines.privacy.network
[info] qatar.privacy.network
[info] saudiarabia.privacy.network
[info] sg.privacy.network
[info] srilanka.privacy.network
[info] taiwan.privacy.network
[info] tr.privacy.network
[info] ae.privacy.network
[info] vietnam.privacy.network
[info] au-sydney.privacy.network
[info] aus-melbourne.privacy.network
[info] aus-perth.privacy.network
[info] nz.privacy.network
[info] dz.privacy.network
[info] egypt.privacy.network
[info] morocco.privacy.network
[info] nigeria.privacy.network
[info] za.privacy.network

Hey!

For a few days I've been trying to get Plex to go through the VPN (using Wireguard), but so far, no good.

Could someone provide a little guidance on how to approach that? I understand it is not preferrable to route it like this, but I am behind CGNAT, so I cannot access my Plex remotely.

I've found a site describing what I've been trying to do (although they used ngrok), and a set of iptables configuration that temporarily allowed my server to be accessible remotely. But I'm not sure how to automate it, or if it even is secure.
https://yevhen.ca/running-a-plex-server-through-starlink-cgnat-with-mullvad-vpn/

Here's a gist with my supervisord.log and docker-compose.yml

https://gist.github.com/fspy/3db50e3cc007da242a37245b8c612ce6

The ports my VPN provider provided are 55250 for plex, 58172 for deluge

FYI: I'm not running unRAID, not sure if it makes a difference.

Hey yall, i have some weird speed problems with the Proxy functionality of delugevpn...

The problem is, that within my browser, everything is ultra slow, but as soon as i start a download, the speed is maxed out (speedtest maxed out aswell).

Config is:

Delugevpn with openVPN settings and Proxy enabled (hide.me is the provider here. I tested with different countries)

Ubuntu VM with Proxy set up in system settings, so that every application uses the VPN

Has anybody an idea how this can be fixed? Also, it worked well at the beginning and then switched to this mystic behavior without any changes made to the system.

Thx in advance!

24 minutes ago, luhzifer said:

Ubuntu VM with Proxy set up in system settings, so that every application uses the VPN

this is not how proxies work, proxy is done at the application level not the OS level, and also privoxy (proxy server included) can only proxy HTTP and HTTPS traffic, so unless your app is set to use the proxy AND uses those protocols then it will simply bypass the proxy.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, binhex said:

this is not how proxies work, proxy is done at the application level not the OS level, and also privoxy (proxy server included) can only proxy HTTP and HTTPS traffic, so unless your app is set to use the proxy AND uses those protocols then it will simply bypass the proxy.

yes, you're right. I forgot to mention, that i also set set deluge up as proxy in the browser's settings... tested with both, chrome and firefox.

BUT:

• If I set Firefox to 'Use System Proxy Settings', vpn is active, Firefox is slow and it show the foreign ip when checked online
  • If I set Firefox to 'No Proxy', vpn is inactive and Firefox is fast
  • If I set Firefox to 'Manual Proxy Config', it's the same as 'Use System Proxy Settings'... 

So there must be some sort of proxy on OS level here, right?

5 minutes ago, luhzifer said:

i also set set deluge up as proxy in the browser's settings... tested with both, chrome and firefox.

sorry that makes no sense to me, you set deluge up as a proxy?, you mean delugevpn is running and privoxy is enabled and you are pointing your browser at the proxy right?.

6 minutes ago, luhzifer said:

If I set Firefox to 'Use System Proxy Settings', vpn is active, Firefox is slow and it show the foreign ip when checked online

when you say vpn is active, you mean delugevpn is running and connected to your vpn provider?, i just want to ensure you arent running a vpn client on the OS.

8 minutes ago, luhzifer said:

Firefox is slow

so im assuming this is the crux of the issue right, its slow, if so try another endpoint, it will be related to your VPN provider.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, binhex said:

sorry that makes no sense to me, you set deluge up as a proxy?, you mean delugevpn is running and privoxy is enabled and you are pointing your browser at the proxy right?

Yes, sorry for my bad expressions 🙈 

24 minutes ago, binhex said:

when you say vpn is active, you mean delugevpn is running and connected to your vpn provider?, i just want to ensure you arent running a vpn client on the OS

correct

25 minutes ago, binhex said:

so im assuming this is the crux of the issue right, its slow, if so try another endpoint, it will be related to your VPN provider

that's what i thought, too, but for example:
If i go to speedtest dot net, the page builds up veeeery slowly but then, once the test is started, it is running at full speed.

Is what i did even meaningful? Because i only entered a proxy for http/https

thanks and sorry in advance 😅