[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

27 minutes ago, luhzifer said:

If i go to speedtest dot net, the page builds up veeeery slowly but then, once the test is started, it is running at full speed.

Is what i did even meaningful? Because i only entered a proxy for http/https

speedtest website will use the proxy, as its http/https however the actual speed test itself probably is not using http/https and thus is bypassing the vpn and going directly over your internet connection, thats why its showing as 'running at full speed'.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, binhex said:

speedtest website will use the proxy, as its http/https however the actual speed test itself probably is not using http/https and thus is bypassing the vpn and going directly over your internet connection, thats why its showing as 'running at full speed'.

Ok - thank you for making me a little smarter and the honor of taking care of my problems ;) much appreciated!

I will then take care of the other ones involved - maybe i'll spot the villain sometime ^^

I am having exact same issue as you @luhzifer, I do not use system level proxy, but privoxy has its port open, and firefox on one of my machines is configured to use it. Worked fine, but problems strangely started few months ago. Changing the PIA endpoints didn't help, restarting helps from time to time, but... it is very annoying. 

I think it has something with DSN/CDN's to do, as once all requests are resolved the speed is at max, but I haven't found time to investigate further to be honest. Hoped to just find a solution here, as usual :)

Edited by dakipro
On 12/9/2021 at 12:24 AM, dakipro said:

I am having exact same issue as you @luhzifer, I do not use system level proxy, but privoxy has its port open, and firefox on one of my machines is configured to use it. Worked fine, but problems strangely started few months ago. Changing the PIA endpoints didn't help, restarting helps from time to time, but... it is very annoying. 

I think it has something with DSN/CDN's to do, as once all requests are resolved the speed is at max, but I haven't found time to investigate further to be honest. Hoped to just find a solution here, as usual :)

Yes it sounds pretty much like my problems here... But I also have very little time to mess with it so I mostly use this machine while doing something else and just click from time to time ;-)
I'll let you know when I find out someting.

Hi Guys,

I hope this question is in the right place - please let me know if there is a better place to move the topic as I am no to so active on the forum and apologize me upfront if the question is too noob :)

I am using binhex-delugevpn docker (always updated to the latest version) with PIA VPN and it has been working like a charm (many thask to Binhex for the great work) until a couple of days ago.

Now after I start the docker everything looks ok but after a couple of minutes running if I try to connect to the gui I got the connection manager windows in front and the daemon is disconnected.

immagine.png.5cbc423bcbf864d2f40cb01f03978c59.png

If I start it again it will run for a couple of minutes and then crash again (and I am not able to start it again).

the only message I found in the docker log is:

2021-12-10 22:02:00,465 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
corrupted size vs. prev_size

I tried to restart the docker multiple times but the result is the same... what can I check?

Did someone experienced something similar?

thansk guys

Hi guys,

I think I found how to fix my issue and I hope it can help with Scroopy Noopers which looked similar in the log.

somehow the config file for the deamon has been corrupted. I leave it in "blocked" status for a while and looking in the logs I found an error related to the config file.

I looked on the official deluge app documentation for thin client (https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/UserGuide/ThinClient)

I tried the following using the hint in the docs:

-Locate and delete current deamon config file

-Stop deamon with killall in container Shell

-Launch it again

-Reboot container

so far the issue seems to be resolved.

I will add more if I found anything interesting.

thanks

On 12/7/2021 at 6:00 PM, Scroopy Noopers said:

I am starting to see constant daemon crashes at this time. As per the screencap below, the daemon crashes and though I can either restart the container or the daemon through the web UI, it crashes again within a few minutes. Has anyone else run into this? As far as I can tell, nothing has changed recently.

image.png.a70a94343fca45b2093c86e0d6907cfc.png

20 hours ago, fede82 said:

Hi Guys,

I hope this question is in the right place - please let me know if there is a better place to move the topic as I am no to so active on the forum and apologize me upfront if the question is too noob :)

I am using binhex-delugevpn docker (always updated to the latest version) with PIA VPN and it has been working like a charm (many thask to Binhex for the great work) until a couple of days ago.

Now after I start the docker everything looks ok but after a couple of minutes running if I try to connect to the gui I got the connection manager windows in front and the daemon is disconnected.

immagine.png.5cbc423bcbf864d2f40cb01f03978c59.png

If I start it again it will run for a couple of minutes and then crash again (and I am not able to start it again).

the only message I found in the docker log is:

2021-12-10 22:02:00,465 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
corrupted size vs. prev_size

I tried to restart the docker multiple times but the result is the same... what can I check?

Did someone experienced something similar?

thansk guys

Hey there,

I'm having a bad time with port forwarding on Mullvad VPN.

Do I need to change the ports in the Docker container as well? Or is it enough to configure the incoming port in Deluge to the assinged port from Mullvad?

For example Mullvad gave me port 59999 where I have to put it to get it working?

Hope you can help me

I'm having a strange issue with the DelugeVPN docker & I'm hoping someone can help point me to the right solution.

First, a quick overview of my network:

"Home network" is on 192.168.10.0/24 subnet (any unraid items connect to this network via br0)

"VPN network" is on 192.168.20.0/24 subnet (any unraid items connect to this network via br1)

Unraid is running an Ubuntu Server VM, running OpenVPN & acts as a gateway, passing any traffic on the "VPN network" through a VPN

On the "VPN network" I have Sonarr, Radarr etc & (non VPN) Deluge. This setup works fine, however isn't as quick as I'd like, due to the speed of the VPN.

In order to increase the speed of my downloads, I decided I would create a seperate DelugeVPN docker & use another VPN connection. This is on the "Home network"

The issue I am having:

If I set DelugeVPN to a bridge connection with Unraid, I can access the WebUI (and the IP shown is the VPN connection), however Sonarr/Radarr fail to connect to DeluveVPN (I believe I have configured my Router etc correctly, and the traceroute from a device on the "VPN network" can reach my Unraid IP sucessfully)

If I set DelugeVPN to use br0 & assign it's own IP address, Sonarr/Radarr can connect correctly, but I cannot access the WebUI (same router config etc)

Is there something I'm missing here that would prevent one of these routes to work? Ideally I'd use the 2nd option (custom IP for the docker) however at this point, I'd be willing to use either solution to make it work.

I've attached the startup log for each version of the docker, If any other logs/information is needed, please let me know & I'll provide it.

Custom IP log.txt Bridge log.txt

Some time ago, I reported a problem where DelugeVPN fails to reconnect following extended Internet connection outage. Yesterday, due to a strong typhoon , we suffered an Internet outage lasting more than 24 hours, plus a short power outage.

When the Internet connection returned, as I expected, DelugeVPN failed to start.

Before restarting manually, I remembered to capture the container's log.  It was rather short: 

Created by...
___. .__ .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > <
|___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2021-12-18 08:03:08.702886 [info] Host is running unRAID
2021-12-18 08:03:08.757682 [info] System information Linux 6156957a32e6 5.14.15-Unraid #1 SMP Thu Oct 28 09:56:33 PDT 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2021-12-18 08:03:08.819640 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2021-12-18 08:03:08.915256 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2021-12-18 08:03:09.068568 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2021-12-18 08:03:09.362462 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2021-12-18 08:03:09.424363 [info] Permissions already set for '/config'
2021-12-18 08:03:09.505575 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2021-12-18 08:03:09.584971 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2021-12-18 08:03:09.647784 [info] VPN_CLIENT defined as 'wireguard'
2021-12-18 08:03:09.710169 [info] VPN_PROV defined as 'pia'
2021-12-18 08:03:19.787040 [crit] PIA VPN server info JSON cannot be downloaded from URL 'https://serverlist.piaservers.net/vpninfo/servers/v4' exit code from curl is '0', exiting...

I'm not sure whether this directly relates to the failure to reconnect following Internet outage, without rebooting, but this is clearly what happens if the container starts and the Internet connection is not working.

This logged activity was at 08:03 - I captured that log more than ten hours later and there had been no further activity from the container.  The Internet connection had been live for more than three hours by that time.

Hope this helps.

Edited by PeterB

Running into an issue where I can't access the WebUI since at least yesterday.  I have been able to access the WebUI within the last 2 weeks or so.

Unraid 6.9.2, latest version of the container.  When I try to connect to the IP:8112 I get "the connection was reset" in Firefox/Chrome (from two different machines).  No obvious errors in logs: 

"2021-12-21 06:48:58,406 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge Web UI...

2021-12-21 06:48:58,406 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge Web UI started

2021-12-21 06:48:58,420 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Privoxy...

2021-12-21 06:48:59,441 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process started
[info] Waiting for Privoxy process to start listening on port 8118...

2021-12-21 06:48:59,453 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy process listening on port 8118
"

ifconfig on the container shows tun0 up and passing a small amount of data. (<100mb).  

Plex has new content delivered via this in the last day.

The last entry in supervisord.log is

"2021-12-21 07:44:33,369 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
2021-12-21 07:44:33 Outgoing Data Channel: Cipher 'AES-256-GCM' initialized with 256 bit key
2021-12-21 07:44:33 Incoming Data Channel: Cipher 'AES-256-GCM' initialized with 256 bit key
2021-12-21 07:44:33 Control Channel: TLSv1.2, cipher TLSv1.2 ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384, peer certificate: 2048 bit RSA, signature: RSA-SHA2"

I'm stuck -- Any suggestions as to what to look at next?

Thanks!

Edited by drfsrich
  • Like 1

I have a issue with loging in to the webui with firefox, I type in my password and click on login, and nothing happends. I have tried with several PC's and VM. however with Chrome i can login with no issue.

using lates firefox version 95.0.2 and latest Deluge version

On 12/23/2021 at 10:52 PM, Drackeo said:

Hey so I had an issue today with the container setting my downloads file path to be ?/home/nobody/downloads". As a result it downloaded some files to that directory. How can I go about finding and deleting these files?

simplest solution is to left click icon and select edit, change something, then set it back to what it was, then click on apply at the bottom, this forces a deletion and re-creation of the container and thus deletes any files located inside of the containers fs.

57 minutes ago, lals said:

I have a issue with loging in to the webui with firefox, I type in my password and click on login, and nothing happends. I have tried with several PC's and VM. however with Chrome i can login with no issue.

using lates firefox version 95.0.2 and latest Deluge version

try disabling all firefox addons, if it still blocks then your choices are raise a bug on the deluge dev board (i am not a deluge dev) or simply dont use firefox for this containers web ui.

23 minutes ago, binhex said:

try disabling all firefox addons, if it still blocks then your choices are raise a bug on the deluge dev board (i am not a deluge dev) or simply dont use firefox for this containers web ui.

I have disabled all addons, also reinstalled firefox, but it did not help. The VM have never had addons installed and it dont work there either. I will ask on deluge forum

Hi Everyone,

I am running into an issue where I need to instances of this container. I am at about 2500 torrents and the UI is slow as all hell. What I would like to do is more less create a 1:1 copy with all the same torrents in the new instance. I have everything labeled so I will just be able to go in and remove about 2300 torrents that I dont need to manage from the original instance and then just have them in the new instance. Obviously I would pause everything before I do this to make sure I am not double seeding while I am making the changes. 
Ive quickly tried this out by creating a new container with my old one as a template and incrementing all of the ports up by one. Well that did not work as it was just pulling the info from the old directory and not creating a separate folder. Can anyone help me on the correct way to do this? 

Thanks!

On 12/25/2021 at 11:26 PM, lals said:

I have disabled all addons, also reinstalled firefox, but it did not help. The VM have never had addons installed and it dont work there either. I will ask on deluge forum

I have fixed the issue, the clock in the Unraid server was wrong.. when I corrected it, I can now accses the webui from firefox..I found this forum post that helped. https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php?thread/22380-deluge-web-does-not-accept-login-password/

Good day, I'm not sure if this has been covered elsewhere in this thread.

My delugevpn logs consistently say: "/config/wireguard/wg0.conf' is world accessible"

I've checked the internet and the FAQ for this docker, but I'm not sure how this translates to managing it in unRaid.  I'm a PIA user, what changes do I need to make to the wg0.conf file?  I've seen a solution for "chmod 600" to this file, but how do I do that for this docker running in unraid?

I appreciate your time.

Been running DelugeVPN on my unraid server for 4 years without issue, and today downloads have started saving to and filling up the docker image. I had to delete the docker image and re-install apps, but no matter what I do, new downloads will not save to the specified download folder and continue to fill up the docker image. I haven't changed anything and cannot figure out how to correct this - any clues?

26 minutes ago, phneutral said:

Been running DelugeVPN on my unraid server for 4 years without issue, and today downloads have started saving to and filling up the docker image. I had to delete the docker image and re-install apps, but no matter what I do, new downloads will not save to the specified download folder and continue to fill up the docker image. I haven't changed anything and cannot figure out how to correct this - any clues?

Post your docker run command or a screenshot of your container template settings. Also post a screenshot of the downloads settings in deluge

Edit: Be sure to redact your username/password

Edited by strike