[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Something I consider weird is happening with this container.

I had no issues setting it up and getting the logs to show that I was pulling an IP from NordVPN...and that everything looks good.  So, I then tried assigning my own IP with br0.  HOWEVER, upon doing so the WebUI won't load in Firefox/Chrome....states connection reset.  The minute I switch it back to bridge, I can get to the WebUI.

In the logs, everything looks good...connection to nordvpn is there, nordvpn IP is assigned...everything says it's starting up and operating correctly...but if I use br0 and custom IP, I can't hit the webUI even if the VPN connection is working.  Switch to bridge and boom it works.

@binhex is the above by design for unraid?  I'd think we'd want to be able to assign an IP to this to use privoxy with in our LAN...in bridge mode that makes it a bit hard.

2 hours ago, devnet said:

is the above by design for unraid?

this docker image was created several years ago, at the time macvlan and custom bridge were not visible through the unraid web ui and thus the only option was bridge or host, so is it by design, well kinda :-), the scripts are designed around the concept that the unraid docker network is separate to the lan network, thus macvlan and custom bridge do not work UNLESS you assign a different network range to your lan (you can do this for custom bridge).

3 hours ago, devnet said:

I'd think we'd want to be able to assign an IP to this to use privoxy with in our LAN...in bridge mode that makes it a bit hard.

in what way does using the default bridge 'make it a bit hard' to use privoxy?, as long as your unraid server is using a static ip (it should be) then all you do is hit privoxy via <unraid ip address>:<port assigned for privoxy> e.g. 192.168.1.100:8118 this is how i use privoxy when required in a browser.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, binhex said:

this docker image was created several years ago, at the time macvlan and custom bridge were not visible through the unraid web ui and thus the only option was bridge or host, so is it by design, well kinda :-), the scripts are designed around the concept that the unraid docker network is separate to the lan network, thus macvlan and custom bridge do not work UNLESS you assign a different network range to your lan (you can do this for custom bridge).

in what way does using the default bridge 'make it a bit hard' to use privoxy?, as long as your unraid server is using a static ip (it should be) then all you do is hit privoxy via <unraid ip address>:<port assigned for privoxy> e.g. 192.168.1.100:8118 this is how i use privoxy when required in a browser.

No worries!  I'll eventually get it tweaked the way I want it.  The 'make it hard' part was me not using my open eye at 0241 in the morning when posting this.  Should be a snap now that I look at it.

• Like 1
On 12/30/2021 at 11:19 AM, Salted11 said:

Good day, I'm not sure if this has been covered elsewhere in this thread.

My delugevpn logs consistently say: "/config/wireguard/wg0.conf' is world accessible"

I've checked the internet and the FAQ for this docker, but I'm not sure how this translates to managing it in unRaid.  I'm a PIA user, what changes do I need to make to the wg0.conf file?  I've seen a solution for "chmod 600" to this file, but how do I do that for this docker running in unraid?

I appreciate your time.

Did you get a fix for this? Looks like the thread ran away with someone else's post.

Delugevpn has simply stopped working for me. Same applies to the other binhex vpn torrent clients.

Here is a log excerpt:

2022-01-20 03:12:04,177 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to get external IP using 'http://checkip.amazonaws.com'...

2022-01-20 03:12:32,216 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Failed on last attempt, attempting to get external IP using 'http://whatismyip.akamai.com'...

2022-01-20 03:13:00,257 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Failed on last attempt, attempting to get external IP using 'https://ifconfig.co/ip'...

2022-01-20 03:13:28,295 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Failed on last attempt, attempting to get external IP using 'https://showextip.azurewebsites.net'...

2022-01-20 03:13:56,336 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Cannot determine external IP address, performing tests before setting to '127.0.0.1'...
[info] Show name servers defined for container

2022-01-20 03:13:56,337 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
nameserver 209.222.18.222
nameserver 84.200.69.80
nameserver 37.235.1.174
nameserver 1.1.1.1
nameserver 209.222.18.218
nameserver 37.235.1.177
nameserver 84.200.70.40
nameserver 1.0.0.1

2022-01-20 03:13:56,337 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Show contents of hosts file

2022-01-20 03:13:56,338 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
172.17.0.2 1d6c45f7f19a
vpnip vpndomain

2022-01-20 03:13:56,340 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Application does not require port forwarding or VPN provider is != pia, skipping incoming port assignment

2022-01-20 03:13:56,392 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge listening interface IP 0.0.0.0 and VPN provider IP 10.8.8.7 different, marking for reconfigure

2022-01-20 03:13:56,397 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge not running

2022-01-20 03:13:56,401 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge Web UI not running

Torrenting works fine on my desktop with the exact same VPN, but not on the Deluge container on my Unraid server. Every other container is functioning normally.

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is a nzbget issue or delugevpn. I have nzbget running thru deulgevpn so it is in VPN. I have this error coming up in nzbget:  can not resolve host name error 3

It does work and download but at horrible speeds. Lan network is working and has full internet access. download speeds drop to kb/s sometimes and get mutiple can not resolve errors, but it does download. Then later still get error but speeds increase to 15-20 meg download. Sometimes I can get 60 but this is so sporatic. I jump into console of nzbget and can ping anywhere and get full response.

Can this be somehow from nzbget running thru delugevpn?

At a loss. Thanks for any help

Hey quick question.

DelugeVPN is up and running, without issues as far as I can tell, but the ICON is showing up as a ?. Clicking on it I have no option for the webui.

I did a search for the it in CA which comes up and says it's installed. When I select actions 'edit' I get "CreateXML: XML file was missing"

Anyone have any idea what the deal is?

Still looking to know how I can get into the GUI or how to fix the error above.

Edited by unRAIDuser7
Update

Stats Plugin Not Showing

The "Stats" plugin is listed as an included plugin on https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins however is not showing in 'Preferences > Plug-ins' as pictured in my screenshot. On that page, the plugin is listed as "no" under WebUI, however so is the Toggle plugin and that shows up.

Troubleshooting so far:

• restarted container
  • found a '.egg' in python 2.7 (this did show up in the list but understandably did not function)

Any and all education/ideas in the pursuit of getting some tasty visualizations of data welcome.

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 10.26.11.png

deluge-vpn was working the other day and then it suddenly quit. I'm not sure what has happened. I tried changing the vpn config files for different locations thinking that was the issue but I still get:

2022-01-30 13:06:10,647 INFO success: shutdown-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2022-01-30 13:06:10,652 INFO success: start-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2022-01-30 13:06:10,654 INFO success: watchdog-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2022-01-30 13:06:10,680 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Password contains characters which could cause authentication issues, please consider changing this if possible

2022-01-30 13:06:10,810 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 84.200.69.80 to /etc/resolv.conf

2022-01-30 13:06:10,817 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 37.235.1.174 to /etc/resolv.conf

2022-01-30 13:06:10,823 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 1.1.1.1 to /etc/resolv.conf

2022-01-30 13:06:10,832 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 37.235.1.177 to /etc/resolv.conf

2022-01-30 13:06:10,839 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 84.200.70.40 to /etc/resolv.conf

2022-01-30 13:06:10,846 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Adding 1.0.0.1 to /etc/resolv.conf

2022-01-30 13:07:40,949 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Error:
2022-01-30 13:07:40,950 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
error sending query: Could not send or receive, because of network error

2022-01-30 13:09:16,041 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Error: error sending query: Could not send or receive, because of network error
Spoiler

The password warning is the only thing that I haven't tried to change but since it was working I wouldn't think it was an issue. Also disabling the vpn in settings does make it work so its got to be a configuration error, I'm just not sure where.

Edited by BernieFPV

Odd how errors can creep up like this even when we don't change anything.

On 1/30/2022 at 3:11 PM, BernieFPV said:

The password warning is the only thing that I haven't tried to change

Let's honor the fix suggested by the author's error. Give that password change a try.

See if the log contents change and if the problem persists reply with the new log in a .txt file

8 hours ago, starwak3 said:

Odd how errors can creep up like this even when we don't change anything.

they dont :-), this will be a change on the users side, @BernieFPV is now blocking name resolution for some reason causing the error:-

Error: error sending query: Could not send or receive, because of network error

running opnsense/pfsense/pi-hole?, if so check the logs and think back to any rule changes you recently made.

• Like 1

I was running a DD-WRT router that I had to factory reset, so maybe that did something. However I've now upgraded to a MikroTik router and I'm getting the same thing. If its name resolution that's getting messed up what sort of settings should I be looking at reconfiguring on my new router. 

4 hours ago, BernieFPV said:

I was running a DD-WRT router that I had to factory reset, so maybe that did something. However I've now upgraded to a MikroTik router and I'm getting the same thing. If its name resolution that's getting messed up what sort of settings should I be looking at reconfiguring on my new router. 

look out for blocking DNS resolution, this runs on port 53 UDP, you must permit this.

On 1/23/2022 at 11:37 PM, unRAIDuser7 said:

DelugeVPN is up and running, without issues as far as I can tell, but the ICON shows as a ?. Clicking on it I have no option for the webui.

Searching in CA it comes up showing it's installed. Selecting actions 'edit' I get "CreateXML: XML file was missing"

Still looking to know how I can get into the GUI or how to fix the error above.

Bumping my own question.

I just configured this Docker yesterday. Have it set using PIA VPN and Privoxy enabled which is wroking great. However I'm not sure why I am getting pitiful speeds (Less than 100 KB/s majority of time). Speeds will randomly jump up to ~300KB/s before falling back below 100KB/s again. I am using an endpoint that is port forwarding enabled as per the supervisord log:

2022-02-05 23:30:16,618 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] PIA endpoint 'man.privacy.network' is in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding

I've tried a few different OVPN profiles but it doesn't change anything. 

Is there any "Tips and tricks" to get Deluge working faster? Transmission (My previous client) was downloading in MB/s at least, but Deluge is much better in terms of usability and functionality so I am eager to swap, but these download speeds are unusable.. 

I tried to download an Ubuntu ISO and it actually spiked to 6MiB/s very briefly before again falling down below 100KiB/s. 

Edited by danger781
On 12/13/2021 at 3:49 AM, Sanke said:

Hey there,

I'm having a bad time with port forwarding on Mullvad VPN.

Do I need to change the ports in the Docker container as well? Or is it enough to configure the incoming port in Deluge to the assigned port from Mullvad?

For example Mullvad gave me port 59999 where I have to put it to get it working?

Hope you can help me

Hi!  New user here who just got set up and i think working with port forwarding.  Took a lot of trial and error.  In the docker GUI, i changed the port (that has two entries, one for udp and tcp) to my mullvad provided port (for both tcp and udp entries, making sure both entries have matching numbers).  In the we GUI for deluge, set incoming and outgoing ports  to your mullvad port.

I still don't know how to check if my ports are open, as i run docker/delugevpn on a Synology Nas.  But making the above changes got my upload speeds, connected peers, dht etc to line up more closely with my other torrent machine.  Ymmv, hope this helps!

Edited by Batmanpetersenc
Spelling