[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Looks like it's a Deluge v2.1.0 problem.. latest Changelog here says it's fixed but unreleased.  What you can do in the meantime is go back to the v2.0.5 release, which works fine with magnet links.  (Change repository to "binhex/arch-delugevpn:2.0.5-1-04").

• Like 2

Anyone else having an issue with Binhex/DelugeVPN starting (at least Unraid says it is running) but can't access it and the arrs all say they can't connect to it either? all my web browser says is "can’t establish a connection to the server at 10.10.1.250:8112." and from sonarr "1. Unable to communicate with delugevpn. Unable to read data from the transport connection: The socket has been shut down.

2. All download clients are unavailable due to failures"

docker worked fine since installed (6.9.2 i believe at the time) but just a day or so ago I can't access it (now on 6.10.3). I think it worked after updating to 10.3 but now it doesn't.

edit: Hummm......... The next morning from writing this and it's working fine again.... *Shrugs*

Edited by Eugene D
Anyone else having an issue with Binhex/DelugeVPN starting (at least Unraid says it is running) but can't access it and the arrs all say they can't connect to it either? all my web browser says is "can’t establish a connection to the server at 10.10.1.250:8112." and from sonarr "1. Unable to communicate with delugevpn. Unable to read data from the transport connection: The socket has been shut down.
2. All download clients are unavailable due to failures"

docker worked fine since installed (6.9.2 i believe at the time) but just a day or so ago I can't access it (now on 6.10.3). I think it worked after updating to 10.3 but now it doesn't.

edit: Hummm......... The next morning from writing this and it's working fine again.... *Shrugs*
If it just magically started working then chances are your VPN provider had an outage that got fixed

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, binhex said:

If it just magically started working then chances are your VPN provider had an outage that got fixed

If that's the case why couldn't I access the container from in-network? even if it couldn't get out to download anything from the internet, I should still be able to communicate with it in-network, shouldn't I?!?

If that's the case why couldn't I access the container from in-network? even if it couldn't get out to download anything from the internet, I should still be able to communicate with it in-network, shouldn't I?!?
To prevent IP leakage the application will not start until the VPN is fully established and confirmed working

• Like 1

Issues with magnet links in binhex vpn torrent containers using mullvad

Hello,

I have been having this issue for days trying to get a torrenting contianer set up on my unraid server. I went with Mullvad as my VPN as they seem much safer to use that some other more popular ones. That being said I can tell there is a learning curve with using it. I have been trying to get it to work with qbittorrent and deluge with only limited success. I am able to download from http urls, such as Ubuntu torrents, but I have been trying to check my ip with checkmytorrentip and ipleak.net and neither of them are working. I have tried using wireguard as well as openVPN but neither of them have initiated anything when I use the magnet urls from these websites. The statuses of them say <1m active and ETA, Download limit, etc show infinite. I have check the logs and haven't seen anything there (but I will paste my most recent one below). I have tried to set up port forwarding in the preferances, turned on and off strict port forwarding, enabled and disabled Privoxy, made it privilaged and not, modified the ovpn file to stop using ipv6, as well as a couple other things and nothing has worked, my torrentingvpn will not display its ip on any of the checker sites and I don't want to risk torrenting anything other than linux ISOs without absolute certainty that I am not using my ISP provided WAN.

Here is my most recent log from binhex-qbittorrentvpn using wireguard:

-A INPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 0 -j ACCEPT

-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT

-A INPUT -i wg0 -j ACCEPT

-A OUTPUT -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT

-A OUTPUT -d 68.235.44.50/32 -o eth0 -j ACCEPT

-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --sport 8080 -j ACCEPT

-A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p udp -m udp --sport 8080 -j ACCEPT

-A OUTPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type 8 -j ACCEPT

-A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT

-A OUTPUT -o wg0 -j ACCEPT

2022-07-05 21:54:39,826 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

--------------------

2022-07-05 21:54:39,830 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[info] Attempting to bring WireGuard interface 'up'...

2022-07-05 21:54:39,846 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

Warning: `/config/wireguard/wg0.conf' is world accessible

2022-07-05 21:54:39,857 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] ip link add wg0 type wireguard

2022-07-05 21:54:39,883 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] wg setconf wg0 /dev/fd/63

2022-07-05 21:54:39,887 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] ip -4 address add 10.64.203.127/32 dev wg0

2022-07-05 21:54:39,898 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] ip link set mtu 1420 up dev wg0

2022-07-05 21:54:39,903 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] resolvconf -a wg0 -m 0 -x

2022-07-05 21:54:39,919 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

could not detect a useable init system

2022-07-05 21:54:39,987 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] wg set wg0 fwmark 51820

2022-07-05 21:54:39,988 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] ip -4 route add 0.0.0.0/0 dev wg0 table 51820

2022-07-05 21:54:39,991 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] ip -4 rule add not fwmark 51820 table 51820

2022-07-05 21:54:39,993 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] ip -4 rule add table main suppress_prefixlength 0

2022-07-05 21:54:39,999 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] sysctl -q net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1

2022-07-05 21:54:40,002 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] iptables-restore -n

2022-07-05 21:54:40,038 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:

[#] '/root/wireguardup.sh'

2022-07-05 21:54:41,113 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[info] Attempting to get external IP using 'http://checkip.amazonaws.com'...

2022-07-05 21:54:41,258 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[info] Successfully retrieved external IP address 68.235.44.60

2022-07-05 21:54:41,260 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[info] Application does not require port forwarding or VPN provider is != pia, skipping incoming port assignment

2022-07-05 21:54:41,262 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[info] WireGuard interface 'up'

2022-07-05 21:54:41,343 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

[info] qBittorrent listening interface IP 0.0.0.0 and VPN provider IP 10.64.203.127 different, marking for reconfigure

2022-07-05 21:54:41,355 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

[info] qBittorrent not running

2022-07-05 21:54:41,356 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

[info] Removing session lock file (if it exists)...

2022-07-05 21:54:41,375 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

[info] Attempting to start qBittorrent...

2022-07-05 21:54:41,469 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

[info] qBittorrent process started

[info] Waiting for qBittorrent process to start listening on port 8080...

2022-07-05 21:54:41,588 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

[info] qBittorrent process listening on port 8080

Thanks for any help you can provide!

6 hours ago, csandahl said:

Issues with magnet links in binhex vpn torrent containers using mullvad

I also use Mullvad, Wireguard and binhex-delugevpn.  Did you go through the key generation on Mullvad's website and copy it over as wg0.conf?  Interesting that your log entries don't match mine, can you post your container settings (just the ones you changed while setting up Mullvad)?

One of my tracker websites "outlawed" the latest versions of Deluge:

"Due to release stream issues, Versions 2.x Sourced from their PPA (or docker based on PPA) will not work here"

What does this mean? More importantly, whatever the issue is, will it get fixed?

2 hours ago, Wrog said:

I also use Mullvad, Wireguard and binhex-delugevpn.  Did you go through the key generation on Mullvad's website and copy it over as wg0.conf?  Interesting that your log entries don't match mine, can you post your container settings (just the ones you changed while setting up Mullvad)?

These are all my settings. Obviously have my mullvad username and password as my account number. I also even redownloaded the mullvad config file and replaced the other wg0.conf.

1478814755_Screenshot(30).thumb.png.34ae49ac050cdd57b03952733266453d.png

536467194_Screenshot(31).thumb.png.bfb3d38151e38038c9aee1371cebde43.png

1428799646_Screenshot(29).thumb.png.7f568646ce92eaae22ec7238de012763.png

1 hour ago, csandahl said:

These are all my settings. Obviously have my mullvad username and password as my account number. I also even redownloaded the mullvad config file and replaced the other wg0.conf.

These are handled by the public/private keys in the wg0.conf file.  Do the IPs in the wg0 match your WAN and endpoint?  Which repository are you using?  There is a known issue with magnet trackers on the latest (see discussion earlier in this thread, a few replies up), so if you temporarily roll back to v2.0.5 then it works properly (repository "binhex/arch-delugevpn:2.0.5-1-04").

Edit:  v2.1.1 has been released!

Edited by Wrog
5 minutes ago, Wrog said:

These are handled by the public/private keys in the wg0.conf file.  Do the IPs in the wg0 match your WAN and endpoint?  Which repository are you using?  There is a known issue with magnet trackers on the latest (see discussion earlier in this thread, a few replies up), so if you temporarily roll back to v2.0.5 then it works properly (repository "binhex/arch-delugevpn:2.0.5-1-04").

my public ip address and the ip in wg0 are different. I am using 2.1.1 and pulling from docker. I don't think it is an issue with deluge, it also isn't working with qbittorrent as well. neither of these apps can download a magnet link with openvpn or wireguard from mullvad

1 hour ago, csandahl said:

my public ip address and the ip in wg0 are different. I am using 2.1.1 and pulling from docker. I don't think it is an issue with deluge, it also isn't working with qbittorrent as well. neither of these apps can download a magnet link with openvpn or wireguard from mullvad

What happens if you open a console in the delugevpn container and type "curl https://am.i.mullvad.net/connected"? 

10 hours ago, csandahl said:

actually now it is saying a wan that is different than my own, but magnet links are still not working

Interesting that your container settings have some entries that are different than mine.. for example, WEBUI_PORT doesn't exist for me, and VPN_INPUT_PORTS and VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS are combined into ADDITIONAL_PORTS.  You also don't have either DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL or DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL.  If you hit "v Show more settings" or "v Show docker allocations" near the bottom, are there more entries that appear?  Also, is the IP address showing in the bottom right of your Deluge window your endpoint IP or something different?

Edit:  What are the container settings up above, like network type, etc.?

Edited by Wrog
Interesting that your container settings have some entries that are different than mine.. for example, WEBUI_PORT doesn't exist for me, and VPN_INPUT_PORTS and VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS are combined into ADDITIONAL_PORTS.  You also don't have either DELUGE_DAEMON_LOG_LEVEL or DELUGE_WEB_LOG_LEVEL.  If you hit "v Show more settings" or "v Show docker allocations" near the bottom, are there more entries that appear?  Also, is the IP address showing in the bottom right of your Deluge window your endpoint IP or something different?

Edit:  What are the container settings up above, like network type, etc.?
It sounds like you have an out of date template keep in mind changes to the templates cannot be pushed out to users.

On 7/13/2022 at 3:52 PM, csandahl said:

I had a similar issue to you. 

My DelugeVPN docker stopped working (I use Mullvad as well). It wouldn't start at all. 

I changed the STRICT_PORT_FORWARD to NO which fixed the problem. 

Edited by bobalot
I had a similar issue to you. 

My DelugeVPN docker stopped working (I use Mullvad as well). It wouldn't start at all. 

I changed the STRICT_PORT_FORWARD to NO which fixed the problem. 
Trust me that is definitely not the fix as that only takes effect when VPN provider is set to Pia which will not be the case for you

2 hours ago, binhex said:

Trust me that is definitely not the fix as that only takes effect when VPN provider is set to Pia which will not be the case for you

You are right. 

It was an issue with with my wg0.conf file. I replaced it with a new one I created at mullvad.net. 

Edited by bobalot
  • Like 1

I'm using NordVPN with delugevpn and it works very well right now. Whenever I try to use privoxy built in all torrents seem to come to a crawl weather downloading or seeding. Currently as a temporary solution i'm using binhex-privoxy but I'd rather not be running 2 connections to my vpn and would perfer to use just one. Is there a setup/setting error i have made when setting up privoxy in delugevpn? When I set it up I used http auth and also edited the deluge container to enable privoxy. I currently have that disabled because it makes such a huge difference on running my torrents. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I keep having issues where my activity on most torrents stops being announced. It's usually fixable by forcing recheck, but having to do a recheck for about 20TB of files every few weeks is extremely annoying. Anybody had this issue or would know about a way of to get this fixed? Just updating the tracker is not enough. 

I recently upgraded to the latest stable OS, and it seems this plugin is no longer working correctly.

It loads, creates a connection with the PIA server, and I can add magnet links.

Torrents display a high number of seeds and peers in the bracketed column, but actually connections are not established.

e.g. 0 (1509) in seeds.  This will increase to 24 (1509) then return to 0 (1509).

Down speed never registers.  Basically its like Deluge is attempting to connect, but is unable to successfully connect to establish a download.

I switched over to OpenVPN (from WG) to see if that would make a difference.  Copied the relevant .ovpn file and restarted.  Same problem.  Deluge sees the seeds and peers, but is unable to download anything.

Has worked fine for a year!  Don't know if the OS update broke it, or a DelugeVPN update caused the problem.

Any ideas where I can start to troubleshoot this? 

Edited by MediaMaan
Adding more information