[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

43 minutes ago, strike said:

Where exactly did you do this? You're not supposed to put the forwarded port in the container settings. You put it in deluge settings  for incoming port in the webui when the container has started.

I did put it in the container settings since the container won't start unless there are some ports added, am I just supposed to put some random numbers in there and then add the real ports in the Deluge UI?

39 minutes ago, severanced said:

I did put it in the container settings since the container won't start unless there are some ports added, am I just supposed to put some random numbers in there and then add the real ports in the Deluge UI?

Don't mess with ports that was already there, they are there for a reason. You only need to change the host ports in the container template IF you have conflicting ports. If you don't then you don't need to touch them. So put it back to where it was and only change the host port if you need to. And yes, the incoming port you have from AirVpn does NOT go in the template but in the deluge settings in the webui.

Edit: If the port in the template you're referring to is this variable, then you have an old template like me and you can just delete it OR put the port that you're connecting to. But it won't make a difference anyway since this port get read from the ovpn file.

image.thumb.png.b60d4a8efb4c5aaa0bebb4518def992a.png

Edited by strike
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, poorn said:

I am using binhex deluge vpn. When in turn off vpn in setting i am able to access the webui if not the page cannot be loaded. what might be the settings to change. I am using PIA with openvpn

Has it been working and it just stopped working? If so try to change the DNS servers in the container template to 1.1.1.1,1.0.01 

If you're new user do this: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

13 hours ago, strike said:

Don't mess with ports that was already there, they are there for a reason. You only need to change the host ports in the container template IF you have conflicting ports. If you don't then you don't need to touch them. So put it back to where it was and only change the host port if you need to. And yes, the incoming port you have from AirVpn does NOT go in the template but in the deluge settings in the webui.

Edit: If the port in the template you're referring to is this variable, then you have an old template like me and you can just delete it OR put the port that you're connecting to. But it won't make a difference anyway since this port get read from the ovpn file.

image.thumb.png.b60d4a8efb4c5aaa0bebb4518def992a.png

Thanks, it looks like that was my problem, DelugeVPN start up now, however I'm getting the same problems with getting Privoxy to start that I was having with PIA. Does anyone have any thoughts? I thought AIRVPN would be a bit more reliable.

2023-01-03 09:55:20,096 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Privoxy not running

2023-01-03 09:55:20,098 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Privoxy...

2023-01-03 09:55:32,195 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[warn] Wait for Privoxy process to start aborted, too many retries
[info] Showing output from command before exit...

2023-01-03 09:56:03,373 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2023-01-03 09:56:03,376 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2023-01-03 09:56:15,474 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2023-01-03 09:57:16,682 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2023-01-03 09:57:16,685 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

2023-01-03 09:57:28,789 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:

8 hours ago, severanced said:

Thanks, it looks like that was my problem, DelugeVPN start up now, however I'm getting the same problems with getting Privoxy to start that I was having with PIA. Does anyone have any thoughts? I thought AIRVPN would be a bit more reliable.

Did you change the privoxy port or something? Please post your template settings. And enable debug log while you're at it and post a new log. Does it connect to airvpn now and you can get to the webui?

3 hours ago, darkangelus said:

Hello, Protonvpn has added linux port forwarding to it's wireguard configs, any chance this can be added as a supported forwarding service?

Thanks.

Don't think anything needs to be added. If you can forward a port in Protonvpn you just put that port in the deluge settings for incoming port, and it should work.

I'm having the same problem. I can not access deluge or any container routed though it. The name servers was set to the default 1.1.1.1. Changing it as suggested in thread does not fix it. I use mullvad vpn and up until the other day everything was working fine. Has anyone figured out a real fix for this?

12 minutes ago, ANGRY_bobby said:

I'm having the same problem. I can not access deluge or any container routed though it. The name servers was set to the default 1.1.1.1. Changing it as suggested in thread does not fix it. I use mullvad vpn and up until the other day everything was working fine. Has anyone figured out a real fix for this?

Just because you have the same symptoms does not mean it's the same issue. There's almost a dozen reasons why this could happen. Start by doing this: https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/help.md

Edited by strike
1 hour ago, strike said:

Did you change the privoxy port or something? Please post your template settings. And enable debug log while you're at it and post a new log. Does it connect to airvpn now and you can get to the webui?

Hi, here are my settings from the container, I enabled Debuging logs after I took this screenshot, and the debug logs too. And yes, I'm able to connect to AirVPN and log in to the WebGUI fine.

77040496_Screenshot2023-01-03at19-55-25CrusherJoe_UpdateContainer.thumb.png.db418dfb5f56ff310e1d384d376a8240.png

DelugeVPN.txt

15 minutes ago, severanced said:

Hi, here are my settings from the container, I enabled Debuging logs after I took this screenshot, and the debug logs too. And yes, I'm able to connect to AirVPN and log in to the WebGUI fine.

I can't see anything obvious in the logs aside form the ipv6 errors on the start of the log. But I don't think that has anything to with it. Make a backup of the privoxy folder in your appdata and delete it (or move it to a diffrent location), and restart the container. Did that make a difference? 

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, strike said:

I can't see anything obvious in the logs aside form the ipv6 errors on the start of the log. But I don't think that has anything to with it. Make a backup of the privoxy folder in your appdata and delete it (or move it to a diffrent location), and restart the container. Did that make a difference? 

From the looks of it that made the difference! It seems to connect and, from the looks of it, my other dockers can connect.

Thanks a ton that seems to have worked.

• Like 1

Hello,

Is it possible to connect to the Deluge WebUI from an external network?

I can connect to my other containers when on an external network, but Deluge I have to be on my LAN in order to connect to the WebUI.  I know the VPN can mess things up, is this container setup to be 'split-tunnel' so the VPN is used for the Deluge daemon and the non-VPN network interface used for the Deluge WebUI?

Thanks!

On 12/27/2022 at 2:41 PM, Omish said:

I am having the same issue. Switching locations works temporarily for a few minutes then stops again. 

I had the exact same issue, running PIA on openVPN.

The Fix:

via the Unraid WebUI:

1) Under Dockers

2) Edit DelugeVPN

3) Scroll to the "DNS_NAMESERVERS" key

4) remove the long list of DNS IP addresses (clear them out)

5) replace with 8.8.8.8,1.0.0.1

6) hit apply 

7) test this by launching a console from within the DelugeVPN docker and attempting to ping something like "ping google.com" and verify that it resolves the address.  If so, you are good to go.

• Thanks 1

HI i am having an issue where the connection manager - Daemon will go offline after 2 minutes or so.

I have updated my PIA OPVN files etc and with no luck.

This has only happened within the last week or so. it has been running fine for years.

any help would be apprecieted

TIA

Hi all,

I'm having some problems using DelugeVPN to connect to ExpressVPN which was previously working.

I've tried using NordVPN too but am still facing the same problem.

I initially thought it was the version but seems to be something else and I'm clueless to why it is happening and was hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've also played around hoping to find my own fix but was unable to thus reaching out to community for assistance.

I've attached both delugevpn logs and the docker command line that I used to get it working.

Thank you in advance.

_delugevpn_logs.txt delugeVPN docker.txt

14 hours ago, kiowa2005 said:

I had the exact same issue, running PIA on openVPN.

The Fix:

via the Unraid WebUI:

1) Under Dockers

2) Edit DelugeVPN

3) Scroll to the "DNS_NAMESERVERS" key

4) remove the long list of DNS IP addresses (clear them out)

5) replace with 8.8.8.8,1.0.0.1

6) hit apply 

7) test this by launching a console from within the DelugeVPN docker and attempting to ping something like "ping google.com" and verify that it resolves the address.  If so, you are good to go.

i just tried this and it worked. thank you

1 hour ago, OneTimeCookie said:

Hi all,

I'm having some problems using DelugeVPN to connect to ExpressVPN which was previously working.

I've tried using NordVPN too but am still facing the same problem.

I initially thought it was the version but seems to be something else and I'm clueless to why it is happening and was hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've also played around hoping to find my own fix but was unable to thus reaching out to community for assistance.

I've attached both delugevpn logs and the docker command line that I used to get it working.

Thank you in advance.

_delugevpn_logs.txt 6.57 kB · 0 downloads delugeVPN docker.txt 1.05 kB · 0 downloads

this is the issue:-

2023-01-06 12:42:10 ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: Operation not permitted (errno=1)

so for some reason your linux distro (i assume you arent a unraid user) does not have permissions to access the tunnel adapter used by openvpn, you need to investigate why this is.

@binhex Thank you for replying..

Interesting as I've never had that issue before and it was just recently that this happened.

I also tried going to the directory /dev/net/tun but it didn't even exist so I'm really puzzled why this would've happened.

You are spot on. I'm not using Unraid but a Turnkey Linux in Proxmox.

Will have to investigate if this is related to the container not being privileged.

Scratching my head now.

Edited by OneTimeCookie
Formatting

After the most resent upgrade to unraid 6.11.1 my delugevpn container has been unable to display the web ui. When I disable the VPN from the container the WebUI does load. Couple things I've tried. 

1. DNS Updates, moved to 8.8.8.8,1.0.0.1 and other variations of cloudflare and google's DNS. 
  2. Moved from TorGuard to PIA (PIA had a deal an my provide was charging more), this occured after the initial failure. My TorGUard subscription is still active but it produces the same results. 
  3. Tried all the configuration OpenVPN files list on the link below. 
    1. https://helpdesk.privateinternetaccess.com/kb/articles/where-can-i-find-your-ovpn-files

Logs attached. This has worked since day 1 so I'm not really sure what broke the container. 

Docker-Details.png

Docker-Details-Edit.1.png

Docker-Details-Edit.2.png

Docker-Details-Edit.3.png

supervisord.log

Edited by kron
26 minutes ago, kron said:

After the most resent upgrade to unraid 6.11.1 my delugevpn container has been unable to display the web ui. When I disable the VPN from the container the WebUI does load. Couple things I've tried. 

1. DNS Updates, moved to 8.8.8.8,1.0.0.1 and other variations of cloudflare and google's DNS. 
  2. Moved from TorGuard to PIA (PIA had a deal an my provide was charging more), this occured after the initial failure. My TorGUard subscription is still active but it produces the same results. 
  3. Tried all the configuration OpenVPN files list on the link below. 
    1. https://helpdesk.privateinternetaccess.com/kb/articles/where-can-i-find-your-ovpn-files

Logs attached. This has worked since day 1 so I'm not really sure what broke the container. 

Docker-Details.png

Docker-Details-Edit.1.png

Docker-Details-Edit.2.png

Docker-Details-Edit.3.png

supervisord.log 280.09 kB · 0 downloads

you have set the following, which means you MUST connect to a port forward enabled endpoint:-

2023-01-06 07:55:40.132806 [info] STRICT_PORT_FORWARD defined as 'yes'

but the endpoint you are attempting to connect to is not port forward enabled:-

[warn] PIA endpoint 'us-chicago.privacy.network' is not in the list of endpoints that support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds maybe slow

the fix is to go with one of the port forward enabled endpoints as listed in the log, or if you dont care about an incoming port then set 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD' to 'no'.