[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

ahh good catch, thats two people caught out by that, im seriously considering "helping" the end user by removing the last octet and setting it as zero :-)

Is there anyway to read the IP of the unRAID server and default it to that and let users modify it if they only know what they're doing, i.e. "advanced view"?

i had the exact same thought when i was coding this up, unfortunately this just isnt possible, the only way is to pass it through as an env var, i COULD do some clever stuff with the env var to try and grab the hosts ip and then make assumptions on that for the network, see below:-

-e "DOCKER_HOST=$(ip -4 addr show docker0 | grep -Po 'inet \K[\d.]+')"

stolen from here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22944631/how-to-get-the-ip-address-of-the-docker-host-from-inside-a-docker-container

not sure i like this approach overly though, firstly you have to know the bridge name, and secondly the ip of the host may not be the network you want to route to, unlikely but possible.

Another method would be to add host mapping of /var/local/emhttp and then parse var.ini within the container, but then you'd have to jump through some hoops to determine if the user wants to use unRaid's IP or a user set one through an env

ahh good catch, thats two people caught out by that, im seriously considering "helping" the end user by removing the last octet and setting it as zero :-)

Is there anyway to read the IP of the unRAID server and default it to that and let users modify it if they only know what they're doing, i.e. "advanced view"?

i had the exact same thought when i was coding this up, unfortunately this just isnt possible, the only way is to pass it through as an env var, i COULD do some clever stuff with the env var to try and grab the hosts ip and then make assumptions on that for the network, see below:-

-e "DOCKER_HOST=$(ip -4 addr show docker0 | grep -Po 'inet \K[\d.]+')"

stolen from here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22944631/how-to-get-the-ip-address-of-the-docker-host-from-inside-a-docker-container

not sure i like this approach overly though, firstly you have to know the bridge name, and secondly the ip of the host may not be the network you want to route to, unlikely but possible.

Another method would be to add host mapping of /var/local/emhttp and then parse var.ini within the container, but then you'd have to jump through some hoops to determine if the user wants to use unRaid's IP or a user set one through an env

hmm interesting idea there squid!, as you pointed out though there is still the issue of whether you to use this parsed info or the env var, esp when considering non unraid users who most likely wont have a /var/lib/enhttp/var.ini file. I think for the quick win im going to knock off any non zero value for the last octet and warn the user in the log and see how that goes.

you need to configure a settings path and a downloads path.

Post a screen shot of your folder mappings for the delugeVPN container.

Attached

In the Deluge docker, set the download path to /data

I thought it was a little ironic that I ran into the same issue as this. I cannot get any torrents to save to mapped downloads dir, it appears it is unavailable and then it just resorts to saving inside the docker file itself??? As a fallback I guess?? I can't see in the dockerfile, but I searched for hours in user shares, spun down all drives and only one running was cache drive as my app/docker/vm disk. I did quite a bit of testing trying to figure this out. So first I will upload a few logs and a pic of my setup so you guys can see where i stand and then ill go into what I found!

8rQBQ85gjOkuxE1LKRkQshxVh5USqN3_uA-GuSQmnHhMQsSVWnsuWWpsfAllacOBvSsVF4FtrMHx3eBanSzmrPnhZ6abXsnO4mj7c2X8RKzqB2J2mHFPZRlJ5BEcx4oKRpO1fJVx6RITryfpoukhF-DIUEJ_Nr2KzSo1x2UGY-7TBFn18GhSfk2KqTv9_hrkdlrFwfqDo2pLX5c51qZCnLE9IVS1-SYZ3wCBIR2NP6Yog9xSb-zD_InTnEC3xmwoJWlPeBPzCf7fzAWaVv-GItLQ7YZfGzHs5WAdFpkPj9n1S9dwP_TRxaVtmEd3E-4NmqtQasbgEPlDVR5VKx0qxCGoSAkRkTsfbakM7oOou5gvisbS7XswH_pYctFFo17x2WMuUgva9NvoNQDzE10_amGG11Yue3YV3ifKEmOd39YpTv3K3jkAin-tIN510qlBZNuS6n0OlhdJK6oaEEOkYNTvYvIZQe7uHe7vIg4jEb1lMpsNWbK0tDUlWG8ZLVbgCznU64Mo0d9C-KadrG_lW5Gcb0cdr20pQImB-tiUDYaj0pI8KuopE938cCBdDqY=w1292-h298-no

Logs TLDR: "core:187 Failed to load lt state: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:"

Now, this is definitely related to the config and data mappings. But it is not full on broke/not working, LOL. I tried the using just the /data and /data/ and / and /data/downloads and /data/downloads, and a lot of other combinations. After several hours and getting no where I decided to revert back to deluge without VPN. After several more hours i found that it was the exact same issue, I then realized I did not use binhex repo before, I used linuxserver's. So i loaded it up using the same mappings path as binhex and it worked right off the bat first try. I was somewhat relieved that it wasn't myself being an idiot, yet. Use same mappings and paths inside the docker I could not get it to work.

Now what I did find, was that I could have a path setup in configuration for a path to save .torrents, that worked without a hitch in several locations I tried. I tried settings the paths the same for torrents and data, but only the .torrent ever showed up. Then I setup the move to when completed, that worked like a charm as well, and could be used as a TEMP fix right now. But I want to get it downloading in the right dir to begin with. I also fiddled with trying to mount to user shares and then disks/cache, neither seemed to work.

To top it all off, I did test my VPN torrent setup, and that is working right out of the box LOL. So once I get this figured out I will be rolling. Would appreciate any help in trying to get this resolved! Thanks in advance!

I am still having this issue, it is quite frustrating. Is this a deluge issue? Docker issue? Or is it an id10t self made issue?

Sounds like a directory permission issue since you're coming from Linuxserver.io deluge.

that makes sense, since they do something different. im rebuilding my server tonight. installing sata controller card, new hdd and a new ssd for cache pool

going to rebuild docker image and start from scratch. app will be rebuilt too, so ill have it set permissions.

I want to say I tried at 1 point deleting the folder completely, not creating it but specifying it in the folder path, so that when it pulled from container it created the folder too.

my gut feeling is that they dont support incoming ports, in which case they are pretty useless for torrents.

You were right.  I asked and this is what they respond :

Hello,

Anything that will require port forwarding will not be fully supported using our VPN service.

Thanks again,

Chris
Newshosting Support

I found out they are using the VPNZoom as the provider for their VPN service (nothing on Incoming ports or Port forward either).

What is the best deal currently ?  AirVPN or PIA ?  that is pretty much expensive compare to justseed.it at 3.99E/4TB of Torrents for 120 days...

Hi, I have Newshosting.com as well and I have been trying to setup DelugeVPN for a couple of days now. Does this mean that it is impossible to set up DelugeVPN with Newshosting.com's VPN service, or just that it will have slow download/upload speeds? The issue I have been facing so far is that I get auth_failed errors when I start up the DelugeVPN docker...

my gut feeling is that they dont support incoming ports, in which case they are pretty useless for torrents.

You were right.  I asked and this is what they respond :

Hello,

Anything that will require port forwarding will not be fully supported using our VPN service.

Thanks again,

Chris
Newshosting Support

I found out they are using the VPNZoom as the provider for their VPN service (nothing on Incoming ports or Port forward either).

What is the best deal currently ?  AirVPN or PIA ?  that is pretty much expensive compare to justseed.it at 3.99E/4TB of Torrents for 120 days...

Hi, I have Newshosting.com as well and I have been trying to setup DelugeVPN for a couple of days now. Does this mean that it is impossible to set up DelugeVPN with Newshosting.com's VPN service, or just that it will have slow download/upload speeds? The issue I have been facing so far is that I get auth_failed errors when I start up the DelugeVPN docker...

It should be possible to connect but speeds won't be good at all. The auth issue is most likely due to your password containing special characters, try setting your password to use a-z and/or 0-9

I have tried to change my password 2-3 times, but I keep getting AUTH_FAILED no matter what password I use (and I only use a-z and 0-9), last time a total of 12 letters.

I have attached my docker settings (image), and this is the log:

[info]Starting OpenVPN...

2016-02-14 13:56:03,904 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sun Feb 14 13:56:03 2016 OpenVPN 2.3.9 x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [MH] [iPv6] built on Dec 24 2015
Sun Feb 14 13:56:03 2016 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2f 28 Jan 2016, LZO 2.09
Sun Feb 14 13:56:03 2016 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible

2016-02-14 13:56:03,904 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sun Feb 14 13:56:03 2016 Socket Buffers: R=[212992->212992] S=[212992->212992]

2016-02-14 13:56:04,238 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sun Feb 14 13:56:04 2016 UDPv4 link local: [undef]
Sun Feb 14 13:56:04 2016 UDPv4 link remote: [AF_INET]81.171.71.67:1194

2016-02-14 13:56:04,249 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sun Feb 14 13:56:04 2016 TLS: Initial packet from [AF_INET]81.171.71.67:1194, sid=c5a8c828 d9257952

2016-02-14 13:56:04,249 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sun Feb 14 13:56:04 2016 WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this

2016-02-14 13:56:04,325 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sun Feb 14 13:56:04 2016 VERIFY OK: depth=1, C=US, ST=VPN, L=VPN, O=VPN, OU=VPN, CN=VPN, name=VPN, emailAddress=VPN

2016-02-14 13:56:04,325 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sun Feb 14 13:56:04 2016 Validating certificate key usage
Sun Feb 14 13:56:04 2016 ++ Certificate has key usage 00a0, expects 00a0
Sun Feb 14 13:56:04 2016 VERIFY KU OK
Sun Feb 14 13:56:04 2016 Validating certificate extended key usage
Sun Feb 14 13:56:04 2016 ++ Certificate has EKU (str) TLS Web Server Authentication, expects TLS Web Server Authentication
Sun Feb 14 13:56:04 2016 VERIFY EKU OK
Sun Feb 14 13:56:04 2016 VERIFY OK: depth=0, C=US, ST=VPN, L=VPN, O=VPN, OU=VPN, CN=vpn, name=VPN

2016-02-14 13:56:05,327 INFO success: webui entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2016-02-14 13:56:05,327 INFO success: deluge entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2016-02-14 13:56:10,420 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sun Feb 14 13:56:10 2016 Data Channel Encrypt: Cipher 'AES-256-CBC' initialized with 256 bit key
Sun Feb 14 13:56:10 2016 Data Channel Encrypt: Using 256 bit message hash 'SHA256' for HMAC authentication
Sun Feb 14 13:56:10 2016 Data Channel Decrypt: Cipher 'AES-256-CBC' initialized with 256 bit key
Sun Feb 14 13:56:10 2016 Data Channel Decrypt: Using 256 bit message hash 'SHA256' for HMAC authentication

2016-02-14 13:56:10,421 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sun Feb 14 13:56:10 2016 Control Channel: TLSv1, cipher TLSv1/SSLv3 DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, 2048 bit RSA
Sun Feb 14 13:56:10 2016 [vpn] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]81.171.71.67:1194

2016-02-14 13:56:12,885 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sun Feb 14 13:56:12 2016 SENT CONTROL [vpn]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)

2016-02-14 13:56:12,897 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sun Feb 14 13:56:12 2016 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

2016-02-14 13:56:12,898 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
Sun Feb 14 13:56:12 2016 SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting

2016-02-14 13:56:12,899 DEBG fd 9 closed, stopped monitoring (stdout)>
2016-02-14 13:56:12,899 DEBG fd 14 closed, stopped monitoring (stderr)>
2016-02-14 13:56:12,899 INFO exited: start (exit status 0; expected)
2016-02-14 13:56:12,900 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit

Can you see anything I might have to change? I can also attach the supervisord.log if needed. Is there any other information, other than username/password, that I should remove from the log file before posting it here?

DelugeVPN1.png.03093278bb9d0926e09e806b5e4a87ab.png

The username and password for non-PIA VPN providers has to be passed through the .opvn file. Did you put the opvn file in the config folder?

I have attached the ovpn-file I have put in the config folder (there were ~70 ovpn-files, I just picked the one closest to my location for (probably) best speeds.

Do I need to put my username and password in the ovpn-file? In that case, where in the file do I put it?

sto-a01.ovpn.txt

No, it has the .ovpn extension, I just had to add .txt when uploading it as an attachment (forum doesn't allow .ovpn extension).

Here's the openvpn-folder in delugevpn (attached as image).

Edit: I have read post #2 and thought I had setup DelugeVPN accordingly, but I might have missed something obvious (in which case, what?).

openvpn-folder.PNG.6751a67f4fcbe1d2efd5648b61f3bf18.PNG

The username and password for non-PIA VPN providers has to be passed through the .opvn file. Did you put the opvn file in the config folder?

Actually thats not the case any more, even for a custom provider i know attempt to use the values defined for remote, port and protocol (if defined) otherwise it falls back to parsing the values from the ovpn.

So this brings me back to the what i think the issue is, @mith so you currently ARE defining the remote, port and protocol, BUT the remote has been left as N/A, this either needs to be deleted (so that it falls back to using the value in the ovpn) OR defining correctly. Keep in mind though that because you did define it as N/A its possible the correct hostname has been overwritten in the ovpn file now so you will need to correct this if you dont want to define it via the unraid webui.

Thanks binhex, I tried your suggestion (remove remote setting, delete the files in the openvpn-folder and replace with new ones directly from Newshosting).

Same error (AUTH_FAILED), even though I am 110 % sure that the password and username is correct.

See attached image of my new settings (with remote removed) and attached log with the AUTH_FAILED error. No idea what I am doing wrong. Note: I have also tested DelugeVPN with VPN_ENABLED=no, just to check if I am able to access the webUI without the VPN. That works perfectly, so it seems like the problem is my VPN settings...

EDIT: I solved the problem, I had to add "@newshosting" to my username to successfully log in. Easy solution. Thanks for quick replies to help me out! Now I'll just have to test and see what kind of speed I can get with the Newshosting VPN...

EDIT2: Thanks again for helping me, the setup (and speeds) is working exactly like it did on my old Windows-based server :-)

DelugeVPN_settings1.png.3bfcccfe8a6a5503676497fc5fe07a03.png

DelugeVPN_log1.txt

I have a problem that I'm pretty sure isn't specific to docker, but I don't know where to start.

I'm running your delugevpn with airvpn connection, and it seems to be ok. I have this:

Tracker Status:
checkmytorrentip.net: Error: Success, Your torrent client IP is: x.x.x.x

But any other torrent that I try to start just says this and won't start up.

Tracker Status:
openbittorrent.com: Error:

Can you direct me where to look to figure out what might be in error? I don't think I see anything torrent-specific in the supervisord.log. I see a lot of these in the deluged.log:

rpcserver:224 Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.

Googling seems to find old stuff that isn't applicable to current version.

Any thoughts on what to look at? I've just recreated my docker.img (for other reasons) and therefore have fresh image. Should I wipe the /config folder too and start over?

Thanks for your thoughts..

Sounds like a directory permission issue since you're coming from Linuxserver.io deluge.

that makes sense, since they do something different. im rebuilding my server tonight. installing sata controller card, new hdd and a new ssd for cache pool

going to rebuild docker image and start from scratch. app will be rebuilt too, so ill have it set permissions.

I want to say I tried at 1 point deleting the folder completely, not creating it but specifying it in the folder path, so that when it pulled from container it created the folder too.

OK, I got it working now. I can't say for sure what fixed it as I did a couple things. After expanding my cache drive, I started from scratch with a new docker image, as well as new directories. I am fairly certain it was a permission issue, whether it really was that or the docker. A fresh new install with new folder names and letting the docker create and assign permissions seemed to work.

PIA VPN worked without a hitch again, thanks for the help.

Samething I just pulled the latest image and unable to open webgui

I did made the recent change as well, 

LAN_NETWORK    192.168.1.0/24  (my LAN subnet)

2016-02-16 17:10:28,530 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
[info] iptable_mangle module not supported, attempting to load...

2016-02-16 17:10:28,532 DEBG 'start' stdout output:
[warn] iptable_mangle module not supported, you will not be able to connect to Deluge webui or Privoxy outside of your LAN

2016-02-16 17:10:28,533 DEBG 'start' stderr output:
modprobe: FATAL: Module iptable_mangle not found in directory /lib/modules/4.1.15-unRAID

Did something change again?

I got the 03-Feb-16 built working no problems, but I went to update today, and can not get it going.

Tried a force update with no luck either (3 of your others i am using, no issues )

This is the only thing that jumps out at me

FATAL: Module iptable_mangle not found in directory /lib/modules/4.1.17-unRAID

Log is attached

dude you might wanna remove the log and change your VPN service password.  It's in plaintext

[warn] iptable_mangle module not supported, you will not be able to connect to Deluge webui or Privoxy outside of your LAN

modprobe: FATAL: Module iptable_mangle not found in directory /lib/modules/4.1.15-unRAID

can you tell me what version of unraid your running?, also can you copy and paste the output from command lsmod when run from command line.

can you tell me what version of unraid your running?, also can you copy and paste the output from command lsmod when run from command line.

Update:

It didn't work for me through the VPN (I was at work),  I got home and it's working fine,  Is there way to allow multiple subnets to access the webgui interface?

lets say:

1) home subnet

2) vpn client subnet

I got the 03-Feb-16 built working no problems, but I went to update today, and can not get it going.

Tried a force update with no luck either (3 of your others i am using, no issues )

This is on unRAID 6.1.8

# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
tun                    16465  2
xt_nat                  1665  13
veth                    4401  0
ipt_MASQUERADE           981  14
nf_nat_masquerade_ipv4     1649  1 ipt_MASQUERADE
iptable_nat             1615  1
nf_conntrack_ipv4       5626  2
nf_nat_ipv4             4111  1 iptable_nat
iptable_filter          1280  2
ip_tables               9310  2 iptable_filter,iptable_nat
nf_nat                  9789  3 nf_nat_ipv4,xt_nat,nf_nat_masquerade_ipv4
coretemp                5044  0
it87                   23702  0
hwmon_vid               2028  1 it87
md_mod                 30680  3
bonding                87645  0
ahci                   24107  5
r8169                  57464  0
i2c_i801                8917  0
libahci                18687  1 ahci
mii                     3339  1 r8169
acpi_cpufreq            6074  0
[code]

supervisord.log.txt

This is on unRAID 6.1.8

# lsmod
tun                    16465  2
xt_nat                  1665  13
veth                    4401  0
ipt_MASQUERADE           981  14
nf_conntrack_ipv4       5626  2
ip_tables               9310  2 iptable_filter,iptable_nat
coretemp                5044  0
it87                   23702  0
hwmon_vid               2028  1 it87
md_mod                 30680  3
bonding                87645  0
ahci                   24107  5
r8169                  57464  0
i2c_i801                8917  0
mii                     3339  1 r8169
acpi_cpufreq            6074  0
[code]

ok so ive spotted the issue, the thing that's changed is unraid, it looks like anything greater than unraid 6.1.6 has iptable_mangle missing from kernel modules, im not sure what i can do to fix this right now, looks like im going to have to get jonp involved in this.

for reference here is the output from lsmod for me (running 6.1.6), important bit is ip_tables line:-

xt_CHECKSUM             1071  1
ipt_REJECT              1193  2
nf_reject_ipv4          2203  1 ipt_REJECT
ebtable_filter          1671  0
ebtables               14192  1 ebtable_filter
kvm_amd                44218  6
kvm                   251410  1 kvm_amd
vhost_net               7781  1
vhost                  12549  1 vhost_net
macvtap                 9035  1 vhost_net
macvlan                11713  1 macvtap
tun                    16465  6 vhost_net
iptable_mangle          1376  2
xt_nat                  1665  8
veth                    4433  0
ipt_MASQUERADE           981  22
nf_conntrack_ipv4       5626  3
ip_tables               9310  3 iptable_filter,iptable_mangle,iptable_nat
md_mod                 30680  8
e1000e                140774  0
ptp                     8780  1 e1000e
ahci                   24107  6
mpt2sas               148914  4
raid_class              3116  1 mpt2sas
k10temp                 2684  0
fam15h_power            2406  0
pata_atiixp             4427  0
i2c_piix4               7688  0
pps_core                5672  1 ptp
scsi_transport_sas     21182  1 mpt2sas
asus_atk0110            6874  0
acpi_cpufreq            6074  1

so what does this mean in practise, it means you cannot currently access the deluge webui from outside of your lan if your using unraid 6.1.7 or greater, but the tunnel is working as intended and you should be able to access the webui whilst on your lan, hopefully jonp will be able to work his magic and include this in the next release.

I am on 6.1.8 and have iptable_mangle

root@Tower:~# lsmod
xt_CHECKSUM             1071  1 
ipt_REJECT              1193  2 
nf_reject_ipv4          2203  1 ipt_REJECT
ebtable_filter          1671  0 
ebtables               14192  1 ebtable_filter
kvm_amd                44207  3 
kvm                   251442  1 kvm_amd
vhost_net               7781  1 
vhost                  12549  1 vhost_net