[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Can you try a popular torrent? A Linux ISO file or something?

Post some screenshot, it is easier to help you then for other people :)

I see now that I had the wrong port configured.. it was at standard.. and I think I need to use 443 as port (atleast that is the one mention in the ovpn file).

no this isnt right, you need to figure out what your incoming port is for your vpn connection, this might be dynamic or might be static, you will need to find out from your vpn provider what they offer, some vpn providers do not allow incoming ports, in which case you either need to switch vpn provider or use usenet instead, airvpn and pia both DO support incoming ports.

I tried to switch to a Windows computer (not a VM this time), and installed OpenVPN and Vuze.. Found the same torrent again (the one I was downloading for a long time now..), set it to download to the same folder.. Took some hours to check all the files.. and the download started.

After a short time, download speed was 2.2Mbit again.. And ETA for download was about 3-4 days.

In deluge VPN it was atleast a month.

But today the speed has fallen to about 3-400kbit.. but it looks a bit more stable than in Deluge VPN.

And the wierdest part is that I did not open any ports for Vuze now, so it looks like my router manages that part fine itself.

Think I just gonna finish the download this way, and then try to find out what is wrong in Deluge VPN.

Think I need to contact vpntunnel and ask what ports they give me.

Can you try a popular torrent? A Linux ISO file or something?

Post some screenshot, it is easier to help you then for other people :)

I see now that I had the wrong port configured.. it was at standard.. and I think I need to use 443 as port (atleast that is the one mention in the ovpn file).

no this isnt right, you need to figure out what your incoming port is for your vpn connection, this might be dynamic or might be static, you will need to find out from your vpn provider what they offer, some vpn providers do not allow incoming ports, in which case you either need to switch vpn provider or use usenet instead, airvpn and pia both DO support incoming ports.

I tried to switch to a Windows computer (not a VM this time), and installed OpenVPN and Vuze.. Found the same torrent again (the one I was downloading for a long time now..), set it to download to the same folder.. Took some hours to check all the files.. and the download started.

After a short time, download speed was 2.2Mbit again.. And ETA for download was about 3-4 days.

In deluge VPN it was atleast a month.

But today the speed has fallen to about 3-400kbit.. but it looks a bit more stable than in Deluge VPN.

And the wierdest part is that I did not open any ports for Vuze now, so it looks like my router manages that part fine itself.

Think I just gonna finish the download this way, and then try to find out what is wrong in Deluge VPN.

Think I need to contact vpntunnel and ask what ports they give me.

Vuze may well be using uPnP and configuring the incoming port for you on your router, DelugeVPN cant do this, as you talking over a vpn tunnel and thus it cannot use uPnP. You def need to discuss this with your vpn provider and find out what port they allow for incoming connections, normally you can either define this yourself as a static port (airvpn allows this) or you get a dynamic port each time you establish the tunnel (how pia works).

Guest dranani

I am having issues with this docker. I believe i have it set up correctly but when i try to go to the web UI it's timing out. I have the docker updated and everything. I'm using PIA and have triple checked my credentials and still no dice.

Unraid Version: 6.1.8

Hi guys,

I just tried to update deluge vpn - wasnt paying attention and I noticed that it had dissapeared.  Strange I thought - manually reinstalled it - reset it up but then got this error

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="binhex-delugevpn" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -e VPN_ENABLED="yes" -e VPN_USER="vpn username" -e VPN_PASS="vpn password" -e VPN_REMOTE="nl.privateinternetaccess.com" -e VPN_PORT="1194" -e VPN_PROV="airvpn" -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY="no" -e LAN_RANGE="192.168.0.1-192.168.0.254" -e TZ="Europe/London" -p 8112:8112/tcp -p 58846:58846/tcp -p 8118:8118/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/deluge":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/cache/downloads":"/data":rw binhex/arch-delugevpn

Unable to find image 'username:latest' locally

Pulling repository username

Error: image library/username:latest not found

The command finished successfully!

Help please :-)

****NVM, I FIXED IT****

Can someone help me with connecting to the deluge daemon via my desktop deluge client?

I type in IP:58846 but it doesn't show an available connection. I am also having problems with Couchpotato being able to connect. Sickrage connects fine if I go through the webui vs the daemon.

Perhaps all 3 issues are related to a setting I have. I have the privoxy disabled if that makes a difference.

****NVM, I FIXED IT****

Can someone help me with connecting to the deluge daemon via my desktop deluge client?

I type in IP:58846 but it doesn't show an available connection. I am also having problems with Couchpotato being able to connect. Sickrage connects fine if I go through the webui vs the daemon.

Perhaps all 3 issues are related to a setting I have. I have the privoxy disabled if that makes a difference.

Have you configured the LAN_RANGE environment variable? if you left it on defaults it might not be correct for your internal lan. For how to connect CP to deluge see FAQ Q6 on post #2 of this thread.

Hi,

I have been using DelugeVPN since early February and up until recently have had no issues accessing the WEBUI, however, in the last week or two( not sure exactly when the issue started) when I try to go to the WEBUI I get web page not available connection rejected. I have changed nothing on my router to account for this. Can you provide any advice. I am very new to dockers and unraid server but will try to provide any information you need.  I have checked the Environment Variables and the LAN_NETWORK = 192.168.0.0/24, if I understand the use, is correct. My internal network is in fact 192.168.0.0 and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0

NEVERMIND.... I figured out my issue... the proxy server I was using in my config no longer exists...  Changed the proxy server config file and updated settings and Presto Chango!!!! I can access the WebUI again.

Great Docker. Love it

****NVM, I FIXED IT****

Have you configured the LAN_RANGE environment variable? if you left it on defaults it might not be correct for your internal lan. For how to connect CP to deluge see FAQ Q6 on post #2 of this thread.

I got it working shortly after posting my comment.

Also, ignore the PM I sent you about the possibility of a Transmission-VPN docker. I actually got Deluge to read my symlinks, it turns out I just needed to map my Movies and TV share to the docker as well in order to see the links!

The VPN is only contained within the docker itself, correct? So, if I add the Plex Docker to my Unraid box, my users will finally be able to connect to my unraid box? That was a problem for a long time for me! It looks like its finally solved.

I think I am having problems with my incoming port. I have been running the docker for awhile now (thanks for all the hard work), but speed of uploads has been fairly average most of the time. So I decided to do a little testing. I am using PIA and the netherlands server for my VPN.

The logs show the ports being updated as expected, example;

2016-03-22 10:53:27,353 DEBG 'deluge' stdout output:
[info] Deluge incoming port 51193

2016-03-22 10:53:30,067 DEBG 'deluge' stdout output:
[info] PIA incoming port 54350

2016-03-22 10:53:30,067 DEBG 'deluge' stdout output:
[info] Deluge incoming port 51193 and PIA incoming port 54350 different, configuring Deluge...

2016-03-22 10:53:30,418 DEBG 'deluge' stdout output:
Setting random_port to False..
Configuration value successfully updated.

2016-03-22 10:53:30,794 DEBG 'deluge' stdout output:
Setting listen_ports to (54350, 54350)..
Configuration value successfully updated.

But if I connect to deluge using the windows app the incoming port check fails. I have also set my desktop web browser to use the privoxy connection and tired to use either (http://www.canyouseeme.org/) or (http://portchecker.co/check) to check port status. Both picked up the correct IP for my VPN, I enter the port as shown as current in the log and the webui, and both report the port as closed.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Wob

What version of Deluge is this docker running? some of my trackers are limited to 1.3.6 as their version so I'm getting 403 Forbidden errors when attempting to download. Just trying to troubleshoot.

The client itself? flawless execution, thanks!

Hi,

My upto date docker is running 1.3.12. If you go to the webui and the Connection Manager it will show your version number.

Regards,

Beau

Hi

I have been using Newshosting as a VPN for about a year and decided to move to PureVPN as I got a good deal. I can get connected but nothing downloads even the checkmytorrentip. I am using a server that PureVPN states is not blocked for p2p so it should work.

Any ideas?

Attached is my supervisord.log

supervisord.txt

Hi

I have been using Newshosting as a VPN for about a year and decided to move to PureVPN as I got a good deal. I can get connected but nothing downloads even the checkmytorrentip. I am using a server that PureVPN states is not blocked for p2p so it should work.

Any ideas?

Attached is my supervisord.log

Do purevpn support incoming ports? If not then your downloads will be slow at best. If they do support incoming ports then you will need to manually configure deluge to use it.

Just wanted to say [glow=red,2,300]THANK YOU![/glow] for this docker  ;D

I have had a full ESXi Virtual Windows installation reserved only for uTorrent and the VPN client plus virus/malware scanners etc. - a quite heavy setup, sluggish and a lot of waiting time every time it was started.

This one is Soooooo much easier, lighter and so far appears to just work. Brilliant stuff.  :D

Quick question: Is this guaranteed to only be active through the VPN - i.e. if the VPN connection drops or signon fails, then nothing is sent/received?

Quick question: Is this guaranteed to only be active through the VPN - i.e. if the VPN connection drops or signon fails, then nothing is sent/received?

Yep guaranteed :-) it's secured using iptables which is built into Linux, I've done a fair bit of packet analysis and I'm reasonably confident there is no IP leakage either with the tunnel active or not.