[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

It sounds like the route (I assume in iptables) that the script is trying to add is failing to add and as binhex mentioned if the VPN connection fails this docker will not download anything as a protection measure for the user so you aren't downloading anything without the protection of the VPN.

Yes, this is what I gathered from the error in the log. Is it possible to somehow get some more debugging info? I enabled debug in the settings hoping I would get a more verbose log, but nothing changed. I also tried attaching to the Docker container, but I cannot get a terminal.

can you post the full supervisord.log file, make sure to remove any usernames/passwords from it.

can you post the full supervisord.log file, make sure to remove any usernames/passwords from it.

http://pastebin.com/b936urz2

Thanks for looking into this.

no probs, ok i think ive spotted the issue, so purevpn looks to create a default route for you, this is specified in the ovpn config file, the important lines shown below:-

route-method exe
route-delay 2
route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

so what this is attempting to do is add a route automatically for you when the tunnel is up, the route is saying send everything down the tunnel which is fine, the issue is that at this point in the process your now running as a non root user, and thus you aren't permitted to add routes, and i think its this that is causing the issue.

so can you try opening the ovpn file in something like notepad++ (make sure EOL is set to unix and NOT windows when saving), and remove the three lines above from your ovpn file, save it and then restart the docker container and see if you get further. if your worried about the routing then dont be, deluge is set to use the vpn adapters ip address and it cannot send packets via your normal internet connection as its blocked via iptables, tbh im not exactly sure why that route is in place but i think its worth a test, i can dig into this a bit more when i get home.

as a side note keep in mind speeds will be slow until you configure your incoming port for deluge (not the same as your vpn port), not sure if purevpn supports this?.

hmm that looks like a big fat no then, unless you want to go paying extra money for a NAT firewall :-(

https://support.purevpn.com/how-to-get-ports-opened

my advise, dump purevpn and go airvpn or pia.

Thanks, this fixed the issue! Torrents are also uploading, does this mean the incoming port works? Speeds are 300-600 kbps (on popular torrents) which is nothing compared to the 14 MB/s I get using newsgroups. Maybe I'll try PIA for a month and see if speeds improve.

Thank you very much!

[edit]

I'm getting about 7 MB/s with PIA :). Too bad about the remaining 4 months @ PureVPN though ;)

hmm that looks like a big fat no then, unless you want to go paying extra money for a NAT firewall :-(

https://support.purevpn.com/how-to-get-ports-opened

my advise, dump purevpn and go airvpn or pia.

Thanks, this fixed the issue! Torrents are also uploading, does this mean the incoming port works? Speeds are 300-600 kbps (on popular torrents) which is nothing compared to the 14 MB/s I get using newsgroups. Maybe I'll try PIA for a month and see if speeds improve.

Thank you very much!

[edit]

I'm getting about 7 MB/s with PIA :). Too bad about the remaining 4 months @ PureVPN though ;)

I am trying out airVPN for a month and works great, is fast, I never need max download speed because I set a max rate in Deluge to not saturate our LAN.  I also think with VPN I will not have all kind of connections open through the local router.  With VPN it is invisible to the Telco and hopefully doesn't cause problems with the STBs on LAN.  My setup before was a Linux box with Deluge, Flexget, and Peerguardian Linux.  unRAID and DelugeVPN make it so simple(my setup uses my Docker DelugeVPN-Flexget).

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

hey everyone - I am new to this and I installed the delugevpn docker and when i click on it and choose webUI it will not connect.  I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.  Is there some other configuration that needs to happen to enable the web ui?

deluge.png.2ef6d6887d3fa5b30418643daa2c1dbd.png

hey everyone - I am new to this and I installed the delugevpn docker and when i click on it and choose webUI it will not connect.  I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.  Is there some other configuration that needs to happen to enable the web ui?

You probably haven't configured the LAN_NETWORK variable. Change the view to "Advanced" and at it there. Make the variable match your IP range, i,e, 192.168.1.0 and add "/24" to the end, final result should be something like:

192.168.1.0/24

the last number should be ".0" and the rest need to match your server IP.

If your server is 10.1.10.123 then the variable should be set to 10.1.10.0/24

Thank you for that tip.  I didn't see the advanced option before.  Now I see the lan_network option.  It was set to 192.168.1.0/24

My server ip is 192.168.1.2

That should be correct right?

What else could be preventing me from seeing the web ui?

Hi guys,

I just tried to update deluge vpn - wasnt paying attention and I noticed that it had dissapeared.  Strange I thought - manually reinstalled it - reset it up but then got this error

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="binhex-delugevpn" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -e VPN_ENABLED="yes" -e VPN_USER="vpn username" -e VPN_PASS="vpn password" -e VPN_REMOTE="nl.privateinternetaccess.com" -e VPN_PORT="1194" -e VPN_PROV="airvpn" -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY="no" -e LAN_RANGE="192.168.0.1-192.168.0.254" -e TZ="Europe/London" -p 8112:8112/tcp -p 58846:58846/tcp -p 8118:8118/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/deluge":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/cache/downloads":"/data":rw binhex/arch-delugevpn

Unable to find image 'username:latest' locally

Pulling repository username

Error: image library/username:latest not found

The command finished successfully!

Help please :-)

I just tried a fresh install and I'm seeing this same error. The container is not built so all I can do is try again with different settings. Please help.

Hi guys,

I just tried to update deluge vpn - wasnt paying attention and I noticed that it had dissapeared.  Strange I thought - manually reinstalled it - reset it up but then got this error

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="binhex-delugevpn" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -e VPN_ENABLED="yes" -e VPN_USER="vpn username" -e VPN_PASS="vpn password" -e VPN_REMOTE="nl.privateinternetaccess.com" -e VPN_PORT="1194" -e VPN_PROV="airvpn" -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY="no" -e LAN_RANGE="192.168.0.1-192.168.0.254" -e TZ="Europe/London" -p 8112:8112/tcp -p 58846:58846/tcp -p 8118:8118/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/deluge":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/cache/downloads":"/data":rw binhex/arch-delugevpn

Unable to find image 'username:latest' locally

Pulling repository username

Error: image library/username:latest not found

The command finished successfully!

Help please :-)

I just tried a fresh install and I'm seeing this same error. The container is not built so all I can do is try again with different settings. Please help.

Check your Plug-ins are up to date

Well, now I feel dumb.  :-[ I swear I did that before I posted and there were no updates, but I went back to check after your reply and sure enough there was an update. I ran the update and tried the docker again and it worked! Thanks, schford.

Well, it seems I'm still having issues. every time I start the docker it borks my whole network connection for unRAID. No unRAID webUI, no shares, no ping to the unRAID box. It isn't crashed as the command line still works at the box, but that's all. If I restart the box all is good until I turn on the Delugevpn docker, then no connectivity again. I'm not sure which log to look at, but here is my deluged.log, which is the only obvious thing I see. It looks to me like not all the files are being created in my config folder.

[iNFO    ] 00:07:47 configmanager:70 Setting config directory to: /config

[iNFO    ] 00:07:49 daemon:124 Deluge daemon 1.3.12

[iNFO    ] 00:07:49 configmanager:70 Setting config directory to: /config

[iNFO    ] 00:07:49 core:80 Starting libtorrent 1.0.8.0 session..

[WARNING ] 00:07:49 core:187 Failed to load lt state: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/session.state'

[iNFO    ] 00:07:49 rpcserver:367 Starting DelugeRPC server localhost:58846

[WARNING ] 00:07:49 preferencesmanager:303 Unable to read DHT state file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/dht.state'

[WARNING ] 00:07:49 torrentmanager:639 Unable to load state file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/state/torrents.state'

[WARNING ] 00:07:49 torrentmanager:639 Unable to load state file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/state/torrents.state.bak'

[WARNING ] 00:07:49 torrentmanager:653 Unable to update state file to a compatible version: list index out of range

[WARNING ] 00:07:49 torrentmanager:762 Unable to load fastresume file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/state/torrents.fastresume'

[WARNING ] 00:07:49 torrentmanager:762 Unable to load fastresume file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/state/torrents.fastresume.bak'

[iNFO    ] 00:07:50 rpcserver:204 Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:57435

[iNFO    ] 00:07:50 rpcserver:224 Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.

[iNFO    ] 00:07:50 rpcserver:204 Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:57436

[iNFO    ] 00:07:50 rpcserver:204 Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:57437

[iNFO    ] 00:07:50 rpcserver:224 Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.

I confirmed through Windows explorer that the listed files do not exist in my config share. I have removed the old config folder and re added the container and I get the same missing files. Let me know what else you might need to help me diagnose why this docker is taking out all my networking for unRAID.

Thanks

Well, it seems I'm still having issues. every time I start the docker it borks my whole network connection for unRAID. No unRAID webUI, no shares, no ping to the unRAID box. It isn't crashed as the command line still works at the box, but that's all. If I restart the box all is good until I turn on the Delugevpn docker, then no connectivity again. I'm not sure which log to look at, but here is my deluged.log, which is the only obvious thing I see. It looks to me like not all the files are being created in my config folder.

[iNFO    ] 00:07:47 configmanager:70 Setting config directory to: /config

[iNFO    ] 00:07:49 daemon:124 Deluge daemon 1.3.12

[iNFO    ] 00:07:49 configmanager:70 Setting config directory to: /config

[iNFO    ] 00:07:49 core:80 Starting libtorrent 1.0.8.0 session..

[WARNING ] 00:07:49 core:187 Failed to load lt state: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/session.state'

[iNFO    ] 00:07:49 rpcserver:367 Starting DelugeRPC server localhost:58846

[WARNING ] 00:07:49 preferencesmanager:303 Unable to read DHT state file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/dht.state'

[WARNING ] 00:07:49 torrentmanager:639 Unable to load state file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/state/torrents.state'

[WARNING ] 00:07:49 torrentmanager:639 Unable to load state file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/state/torrents.state.bak'

[WARNING ] 00:07:49 torrentmanager:653 Unable to update state file to a compatible version: list index out of range

[WARNING ] 00:07:49 torrentmanager:762 Unable to load fastresume file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/state/torrents.fastresume'

[WARNING ] 00:07:49 torrentmanager:762 Unable to load fastresume file: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/state/torrents.fastresume.bak'

[iNFO    ] 00:07:50 rpcserver:204 Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:57435

[iNFO    ] 00:07:50 rpcserver:204 Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:57436

[iNFO    ] 00:07:50 rpcserver:204 Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:57437

I confirmed through Windows explorer that the listed files do not exist in my config share. I have removed the old config folder and re added the container and I get the same missing files. Let me know what else you might need to help me diagnose why this docker is taking out all my networking for unRAID.

Thanks

have you mistakenly switched the networking mode from "bridge" to "host" for this docker container? this will most def take out unraid, as your in effect then messing with iptables on your unraid host, not to mention attempting to create a vpn tunnel adapter.

I have a question about Autoadd.  It's not currently working for me, most likely due to a setup issue.  I have Autoadd ticked on in Preferences/Downloads and the path defined as /Download/Torrents.  My docker paths are defined as:

/config =/mnt/cache/appdata/

/data = /mnt/disk1/Download/

/DownloadComplete = /mnt/disk1/DownloadComplete/

/Download = /mnt/Download/

I have copied several torrent files into /Download/Torrents and Deluge is not picking them up.

I notice that there is an Autoadd plugin listed in the plugins section of Preferences.  Does it need to be checked on in order for this to work?  I've tried ticking it on and saving but the behavior is it un-ticks the the Autoadd in Preferences/Downloads and doesn't keep Autoadd checked on in the plugins list...??

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a question about Autoadd.  It's not currently working for me, most likely due to a setup issue.  I have Autoadd ticked on in Preferences/Downloads and the path defined as /Download/Torrents.  My docker paths are defined as:

/config =/mnt/cache/appdata/

/data = /mnt/disk1/Download/

/DownloadComplete = /mnt/disk1/DownloadComplete/

I have copied several torrent files into /Download/Torrents and Deluge is not picking them up.

I notice that there is an Autoadd plugin listed in the plugins section of Preferences.  Does it need to be checked on in order for this to work?  I've tried ticking it on and saving but the behavior is it un-ticks the the Autoadd in Preferences/Downloads and doesn't keep Autoadd checked on in the plugins list...??

Any help would be appreciated.

this might be due to incorrect path, assuming no typos hehe, so you specified a path of /mnt/Download/, this is neither a user share or a disk share so the path is wrong, this should be either /mnt/user/Download/ or /mnt/diskX/Download/, see quoted below:-

on another note i would advise against writing directly to the array and would advise to keep all data on the cache drive, using the built in features in one of the tools (sab, cp, sb etc)  to do the moving for you. two reasons for this, firstly your keeping an array disk spinning (plus parity) and secondly writes are slow to the array so you could have issues with this if your have a high speed internet connection.

Hi all -

I was just pursuing this in the general support thread and was told I should look here.

I've basically got an issue with DelugeVPN.

There are two ways I get torrents into it - via Sickrage, or via me dumping a .torrent file into an auto add folder. Both of these work as they should.

If it's a torrent that has been inserted by Sickrage, everything works perfectly. Torrents come in, files go out into the proper media directories. Only complaint here is that Sickrage doesn't seem to know how to let a torrent sit a bit before moving it away, which obviously breaks the seeding.

However, the BIG problem is just plain torrent downloads. After the download is complete, and I want to move the file (via Windows), I can't. I get a "You require permission from UNRAID\root to make changes to this file".

Checking the file ownership I'm getting:

notwork.jpg

Any suggestions on how I can make these files not owned by root? Currently, I'm having to go under Tools and do the "New Permissions" command. Which works, but is obviously annoying.

I had a few credentials I deleted just to be thorough, but there were none for the Unraid server.

All my shares are, for the moment, public shares, so I never get asked for credentials.

I'm waiting on Sickrage to download something, at which point I'll see who that file's owner is.

Well, that didn't help much.

Near as I can tell, everything either ends up as:

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users

and is fine, or ends up:

drwxr-xr-x 1 root  root

Which means I can't do anything with it via Windows, though I can do it from UnRAID CLI since, obviously, I'm logged in as root.

After running the "New Permissions" tool those same folders are:

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users