[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

If it's a torrent that has been inserted by Sickrage, everything works perfectly. Torrents come in, files go out into the proper media directories. Only complaint here is that Sickrage doesn't seem to know how to let a torrent sit a bit before moving it away, which obviously breaks the seeding.

Can you not set sickrage to copy the file instead of move it? I can at least do that in sonarr.

I'm having issues connecting CouchPotato to deluge.

Been down many avenues and am now sure that it is that the daemon is not running.

How can I start the daemon, and is there a way to make it start with delugevpn. I didn't seem to have this issue with my old installation, and nothing has change as far as I know. :/

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:  I've got it working.  I rebuilt my UNRAID server from scratch and have it working now.  I think there was some left over issues from when I was trying to get another openVPN system to work.  Thankfully I hadn't set much else up.

Hi,

First of binhex, thanks for an awesome tool.  I'm just not quite getting it to work.

I'm running the latest version of UNRAID (6.1.9) and have been trying since yesterday to get a VPN system like this setup.  When I stumbled upon your plugin yesterday I thought all my Christmas' had come at once.

I initially had great difficulty getting the VPN to connect (either ExpressVPN or NordVPN) until I found this incredibly helpful fellow here who pointed out the status file line in his OVPN file that was causing him the same issue.

Now I'm stuck trying to get the web UI to work on my LAN.  I'm fine with not being able to access it remotely, I've got TeamViewer on my other PC setup for remote access anyway.  My LAN IP range is 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.255 which, to my understanding should mean I configure the LAN_NETWORK variable to 192.168.0.0/24 correct?  I've even tried nailing it down to my laptop's static IP of 192.168.0.20/32 to no avail.  I tried rtorrentvpn in the vain hope that maybe it was a problem with Deluge.

Also, if I disable the VPN the web UI works fine so I'm thinking it has to do with the iptables routing.

I'm fairly sure this is just something obvious I'm missing, but Docker isn't my strong suit, so I'm hoping someone can provide some insight.  I've included a screenshot of my settings and the log from the Docker web UI (with my email/password removed  ;) )

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

DelugeVPN Log

DelugeVPN Settings

Jack

Been down many avenues and am now sure that it is that the daemon is not running.

How can I start the daemon, and is there a way to make it start with delugevpn. I didn't seem to have this issue with my old installation, and nothing has change as far as I know. :/

Thanks in advance.

It should already be started, you simply need to check allow remote connections under preferences in the webui (see attachment). Then in CouchPotato this is what I have setup for deluge (see attachment). I use the IP address of UnRAID plus the port of the daemon and the user I defined in the auth file according to Q6 in the OP.

_Debian8_2016-05-15_1.png.f16431a20ec03cd859b690447c1dcf75.png

Screenshot_2016-05-15_11_05_05.png.f1e8af54d9b9c6c3ee44bd4ee4a906ab.png

What should be a silly simple question that I can't find an answer to...

I'm using DelugeVPN with PIA - and I can't figure out where to find what port I'm forwarding, if I am forwarding one.

Can anyone remind me where to look?

The port that is being forwarded is randomly picked by the deluge startup script from what I can tell. It should show up in your container log when it starts and it can also be found in the Deluge preferences under Network > Incoming Ports. You also have to be sure you are using one of the PIA servers that supports port forwarding, the default one that Binhex has defined in the container (nl.privateinternetaccess.com) supports port forwarding and will work just fine.

If it's a torrent that has been inserted by Sickrage, everything works perfectly. Torrents come in, files go out into the proper media directories. Only complaint here is that Sickrage doesn't seem to know how to let a torrent sit a bit before moving it away, which obviously breaks the seeding.

Can you not set sickrage to copy the file instead of move it? I can at least do that in sonarr.

I did that now, thanks for the idea. I guess it means I'll just have to manually clear them out occasionally. But still, at least they don't go away instantly.

Hmm. Still an issue. According the DelugeVPN I'm at 43265. Now, I believe that is that, I shouldn't need to allow anything over on the PIA portal or anything.

So...should that be that? Or is there a step I'm missing? According to my tracker I'm not connectable, and according to http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ my PIA's IP isn't available at that port.

Did you verify that you are using a pia server that supports port forwarding?

Specifically these endpoints (all outside of the US) :

CA Toronto

CA North York

Netherlands

Sweden

Switzerland

France

Germany

Russia

Romania

Israel

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Yup, I'm using nl.privateinternetaccess.com. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that's Netherlands.

Yes it is. According to a discussion on PIA's forums the port is only ever opened when you are actually sending data through it: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/4558/tcp-port-forwarding-not-working

Do you have any torrents actively seeding (uploading data) when you are checking for connectivity?

I just checked mine and it shows closed and I have no active uploads currently so AFAIK this is the expected behavior.

EDIT: I am testing with a debian distro torrent on my home Windows machine and I am having issues getting the client to report what port number I have been assigned. Once I get that figured out I will do some more testing and report back whether my port shows open when I am seeding.

Yes, I have two seeding but I'm still not showing connectable.

The only thing I'm really seeing in the log is this repeating every 5 minutes:

2016-05-15 10:25:44,757 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:

[info] Deluge incoming port 43265 open

[info] Sleeping for 5 mins before rechecking listen interface and port (port checking is for PIA only)

Yes, I have two seeding but I'm still not showing connectable.

The only thing I'm really seeing in the log is this repeating every 5 minutes:

2016-05-15 10:25:44,757 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:

[info] Deluge incoming port 43265 open

[info] Sleeping for 5 mins before rechecking listen interface and port (port checking is for PIA only)

Yes that is essentially the PIA linux script checking what port you have been assigned every five minutes to make sure it hasn't changed. If it has the Deluge port is updated accordingly (from what I understand of how this works). I upgraded my PIA client on the Windows machine I am trying to do some tests on and am still not having any luck with the client being able to tell me what port number I was assigned. If it eventually decides to tell me what port I have I will do some testing and see if my ports show open or  closed.

Maybe Binhex or some of the other users with some more experience with VPNs and bittorrent can shed some light on this (I just started using a VPN a month ago).

EDIT: My Docker is seeding now and you are correct the port shows closed even when actively uploading data.

EDIT2: Interestingly enough even though port utilities like the one you linked to above show my deluge port as being closed the tracker I am on is listing me as connectable.

As far as your tracker showing connectable, is that something on their site? Or is it something that shows somewhere in Deluge?

I'm looking using their site, which shows not connectable. Is there somewhere I should be checking in Deluge?

That is using the site itself. When I view the peer list on a file I am seeding it shows my username, that I am seeding, and that I am connectable.

In Deluge on Windows there is a way to test if you are connectable I believe but it is not present in this version.

Well, it appears (For reasons I'll never know) that a reboot of the container took care of that for me.

Of course, it also changed my VPN IP which caused other headaches, so I guess the solution is "don't reboot it too often". I have the feeling PIA won't give me a way to always land on the same external IP.

Well, it appears (For reasons I'll never know) that a reboot of the container took care of that for me.

Of course, it also changed my VPN IP which caused other headaches, so I guess the solution is "don't reboot it too often". I have the feeling PIA won't give me a way to always land on the same external IP.

It is possible the script wasn't properly detecting the new port assigned to you (might be related to the issues I am having with the Windows client). The link I posted a few posts back made it sound like you are dynamically given a port from the endpoint and it can change at any time.

I'd like to set things up so that all intermediate downloads are done on the cache drive, while the mass of completed downloads seed from a data drive.

1)  If I set it up to move completed downloads to an entirely separate drive directly (not using cache), will the moving process complete even while deluge is attempting to seed?

2)  Would it be better to move completed downloads to a share that utilizes the cache drive, so that the mover eventually takes care of them when the torrent is no longer seeding?

3)  In setting up something like this, what is the risk that Deluge will not see my files and begin downloading them all over again?

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions for how they are running their setup to accomplish something similar I would like to hear about it.

Thanks in advance.

It should already be started, you simply need to check allow remote connections under preferences in the webui (see attachment). Then in CouchPotato this is what I have setup for deluge (see attachment). I use the IP address of UnRAID plus the port of the daemon and the user I defined in the auth file according to Q6 in the OP.

I've checked all this many times. The daemon is not running. I get connection failed, which is 100% not to do with my ip or port. The auth file and details in CP are correct. Using a different version of CP gives the same issue. I am positive it is the Daemon.

Thanks in advance.

I've checked all this many times. The daemon is not running. I get connection failed, which is 100% not to do with my ip or port. The auth file and details in CP are correct. Using a different version of CP gives the same issue. I am positive it is the Daemon.

Can you post a copy of the container log? I believe it leaves your VPN credentials in plain text in the log so be sure to remove them.

I'm having some issues with the PIA portion of this Docker. I added in the 4 variables as specified but using the test torrent it shows my normal public IP.

Is there a way to check for errors? I don't see anything in the logs you get from clicking on the Docker in unRaid.

I was using the version of this Docker that had flexget and it worked with the PIA credentials but wanted to move to this one since I do not need flexget and it was writing files with limited permissions.

edit: the other Docker I was using

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=48629.0

Any help is appreciated.

I'm having some issues with the PIA portion of this Docker. I added in the 4 variables as specified but using the test torrent it shows my normal public IP.

Is there a way to check for errors? I don't see anything in the logs you get from clicking on the Docker in unRaid.

I was using the version of this Docker that had flexget and it worked with the PIA credentials but wanted to move to this one since I do not need flexget and it was writing files with limited permissions.

Any help is appreciated.

Can you post your container log file and your environmental variable settings so I can make sure everything is set correctly? Also post your servers local IP and subnet so I can make sure the LAN_NETWORK variable is set correctly. Be sure to remove the VPN credentials from the container log and environment variables before posting.

Any help is appreciated.

Can you post your container log file and your environmental variable settings so I can make sure everything is set correctly? Also post your servers local IP and subnet so I can make sure the LAN_NETWORK variable is set correctly. Be sure to remove the VPN credentials from the container log and environment variables before posting.

Where do I grab the container log? I am familiar with getting into the Docker containers I just want to make sure I grab the correct file.

Any help is appreciated.

Where do I grab the container log? I am familiar with getting into the Docker containers I just want to make sure I grab the correct file.

There are probably easier ways than this but this is the only way I have ever done it.

On the docker container page turn on advanced view and find the delugevpn container id (mine is 6a153b1d55b1).

In the terminal navigate to /var/lib/docker/containers and find the directory that matches the container id you found (the folder names will be longer than the container name but they should still be unique, in my case mine was: 6a153b1d55b172fd951a6c5c0c524c9737a67609bfd72e44e44a4d561e531521).

In that folder there should be a LongContainerIDString-json.log file. Copy that over to somewhere that you can access from the machine you are posting from and attach it or if it won't fit pastebin it. Remember that the docker does print your VPN credentials in plain text so be sure to remove those first (they should be somewhere near the top).

EDIT: Alternatively if you just started the container you should be able to get the full log from the web GUI by clicking the log icon all the way to the right of the container entry on the docker tab and copy pasting the contents of it. The web GUI only shows the last 350 lines of the log file and my container has been running for a while so my startup log info is long gone.