[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

I'm having some issues with the PIA portion of this Docker. I added in the 4 variables as specified but using the test torrent it shows my normal public IP.

Is there a way to check for errors? I don't see anything in the logs you get from clicking on the Docker in unRaid.

I was using the version of this Docker that had flexget and it worked with the PIA credentials but wanted to move to this one since I do not need flexget and it was writing files with limited permissions.

edit: the other Docker I was using

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=48629.0

Any help is appreciated.

Can you post your container log file and your environmental variable settings so I can make sure everything is set correctly? Also post your servers local IP and subnet so I can make sure the LAN_NETWORK variable is set correctly. Be sure to remove the VPN credentials from the container log and environment variables before posting.

Where do I grab the container log? I am familiar with getting into the Docker containers I just want to make sure I grab the correct file.

There are probably easier ways than this but this is the only way I have ever done it.

On the docker container page turn on advanced view and find the delugevpn container id (mine is 6a153b1d55b1).

In the terminal navigate to /var/lib/docker/containers and find the directory that matches the container id you found (the folder names will be longer than the container name but they should still be unique, in my case mine was: 6a153b1d55b172fd951a6c5c0c524c9737a67609bfd72e44e44a4d561e531521).

In that folder there should be a LongContainerIDString-json.log file. Copy that over to somewhere that you can access from the machine you are posting from and attach it or if it won't fit pastebin it. Remember that the docker does print your VPN credentials in plain text so be sure to remove those first (they should be somewhere near the top).

EDIT: Alternatively if you just started the container you should be able to get the full log from the web GUI by clicking the log icon all the way to the right of the container entry on the docker tab and copy pasting the contents of it. My container has been running for a while so my startup log info is long gone.

Below is the pastebin for the log (note that there were no VPN username or password in this log so that is probably bad)

http://pastebin.com/waVAbz3J

My server IP is 192.168.10.10 and the subnet is 255.255.255.0. I have attached my environment variables with the user and pass missing. (Additionally I had to manually enter all these variables, I assume that is expected based on the wording in the initial post of this thread)

docker_variables.png.6de732b83449905baf8aa7820c7c344e.png

Below is the pastebin for the log (note that there were no VPN username or password in this log so that is probably bad)

My server IP is 192.168.10.10 and the subnet is 255.255.255.0. I have attached my environment variables with the user and pass missing. (Additionally I had to manually enter all these variables, I assume that is expected based on the wording in the initial post of this thread)

My log 100% contains my VPN username and password right near the top and yours doesn't even seem to make a mention of VPN anywhere in the log you posted. Here is what my log looks like: http://pastebin.com/B8cLidFk

Having to enter the environmental variables manually is not the expected behavior, they should all be there and just need the values filled in. Are those the only environmental variables you have? If so you are missing some important ones. Based on what your log has in it I would say that these missing environmental variables are causing the VPN component of this docker to never be started in the first place which is why you are seeing your public ip address using the ip checking torrent file.

The environmental variables you should have are:

VPN_ENABLED          yes

VPN_USER                UsernameHere

VPN_PASS                PasswordHere

VPN_REMOTE          nl.privateinternetaccess.com (this is the default one but can be changed to any PIA endpoint that supports port forwarding)

VPN_PROTOCOL      udp

VPN_PROV              pia

ENABLE_PRIVOXY    no (if you want to use privoxy you can, I choose not to)

LAN_NETWORK      192.168.10.0/24 (this should be what you have based on what your IP scheme is)

DEBUG                    false

PUID                        99

PGID                        100

Out of curiosity did you get this docker template directly through binhex's repository or did you get it through the CommunityApplications plugin?

My log 100% contains my VPN username and password right near the top and yours doesn't even seem to make a mention of VPN anywhere in the log you posted. Here is what my log looks like: http://pastebin.com/B8cLidFk

Having to enter the environmental variables manually is not the expected behavior, they should all be there and just need the values filled in. Are those the only environmental variables you have? If so you are missing some important ones. Based on what your log has in it I would say that these missing environmental variables are causing the VPN component of this docker to never be started in the first place which is why you are seeing your public ip address using the ip checking torrent file.

The environmental variables you should have are:

VPN_ENABLED          yes

VPN_USER                UsernameHere

VPN_PASS                PasswordHere

VPN_REMOTE          nl.privateinternetaccess.com (this is the default one but can be changed to any PIA endpoint that supports port forwarding)

VPN_PROTOCOL      udp

VPN_PROV              pia

ENABLE_PRIVOXY    no (if you want to use privoxy you can, I choose not to)

LAN_NETWORK      192.168.10.0/24 (this should be what you have based on what your IP scheme is)

DEBUG                    false

PUID                        99

PGID                        100

Out of curiosity did you get this docker template directly through binhex's repository or did you get it through the CommunityApplications plugin?

CommunityApplications, let me work on adding it through the repro as that must be the issue. Glad I mentioned the bit about adding variables.

I am pretty sure I installed mine through CA and didn't have any issues. I believe CA just pulls the templates from the developers repo when you request them through CA. It could have just been a bad download of the XML template?

Ya could be, however I installed it through the repro this time and it had all the settings and everything is working as expected.

Thanks for the help! Greatly appriciated.  :)

Hello again,

I am running into another issue here. It appears the VPN Deluge Docker writes files with more restricted permissions than the normal Deluge Docker (both from the binhex repository of course). The VPN Docker doesn't seem to be providing write privileges to the file.

Below is a copy and paste showing this:

DelugeVPN:

-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 365893079 May 18 07:35 Dragon\ Ball\ Super\ -\ 043v2\ -\ Goku\ Can't\ Control\ his\ Ki!\ A\ Struggle\ to\ Look\ After\ Pan\ [DragonTeam][0BFBC657].mkv

Deluge:

-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 414745001 May 18 07:45 Dragon\ Ball\ Super\ -\ 042v2\ -\ A\ Turbulent\ Victory\ Celebration\ -\ Facing\ off\ at\ Last\ Monaka\ VS\ Son\ Goku\ [DragonTeam][b48AFE7A].mkv

Am I missing something that is causing this? I only changed the same settings on both Deluge clients leaving the rest default.

Thanks again for any insight and help.

I know this is a simple config issue but I cannot seem to find out what it is. when downloading any test torrent I get this "Permission denied: /mnt/user/Downloads/incomplete/"  I have the /data pointing to /mnt/user/Downloads/

in the docker and in the program itself. What should these settings be? I even set the directory to 777 temporarily trying to troubleshoot. Any help would be appreciated

Tried installing, but go the following below. When I attempt to connect to the GUI is does not connect.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="binhex-delugevpn" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -e VPN_ENABLED="yes" -e VPN_USER="I entered username" -e VPN_PASS="i entered password" -e VPN_REMOTE="newyorkcity.privateinternetaccess.com" -e VPN_PORT="1194" -e VPN_PROTOCOL="udp" -e VPN_PROV="pia|airvpn|custom" -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY="no" -e LAN_NETWORK="192.168.1.0/24" -e DEBUG="false" -e PUID="99" -e PGID="100" -e TZ="America/New_York" -p 8112:8112/tcp -p 58846:58846/tcp -p 8118:8118/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/Cache/unRaid apps/delugevpn/":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/cache/Cache/Torrents/":"/data":rw binhex/arch-delugevpn
sh: airvpn: command not found
sh: custom: command not found
docker: "run" requires a minimum of 1 argument.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

Usage: docker run [OPTIONS] IMAGE [COMMAND] [ARG...]

Run a command in a new container

The command finished successfully!

Tried installing, but go the following below. When I attempt to connect to the GUI is does not connect.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="binhex-delugevpn" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -e VPN_ENABLED="yes" -e VPN_USER="I entered username" -e VPN_PASS="i entered password" -e VPN_REMOTE="newyorkcity.privateinternetaccess.com" -e VPN_PORT="1194" -e VPN_PROTOCOL="udp" -e VPN_PROV="pia|airvpn|custom" -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY="no" -e LAN_NETWORK="192.168.1.0/24" -e DEBUG="false" -e PUID="99" -e PGID="100" -e TZ="America/New_York" -p 8112:8112/tcp -p 58846:58846/tcp -p 8118:8118/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/Cache/unRaid apps/delugevpn/":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/cache/Cache/Torrents/":"/data":rw binhex/arch-delugevpn
sh: airvpn: command not found
sh: custom: command not found
docker: "run" requires a minimum of 1 argument.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

Usage: docker run [OPTIONS] IMAGE [COMMAND] [ARG...]

Run a command in a new container

The command finished successfully!

You haven't selected PIA as your VPN_PROV:

VPN_PROV="pia|airvpn|custom"

Also, i dont think newyorkcity.private... supports port forwarding.

Just an FYI.

Doing the upgrade today to the newest version, my docker disappeared from the list.

It showed up under the advance view as an image but wasn't active. (Can't remember what it was called exactly, like orphaned or something).

So, I removed it and tried to add it again from my template. Noticed an error at the end of it.

The Volume mapping was having an issue.

My share name was /mnt/user/NAS Storage/ mapped to /data.

It was saying that was invalid, and that it needed to contain only a-z,0-9,_.

I renamed the share 'nas_storage' and it started working again.

It worked before the update, looks like something change that didn't like my old name.

Just an FYI.

Doing the upgrade today to the newest version, my docker disappeared from the list.

It showed up under the advance view as an image but wasn't active. (Can't remember what it was called exactly, like orphaned or something).

So, I removed it and tried to add it again from my template. Noticed an error at the end of it.

The Volume mapping was having an issue.

My share name was /mnt/user/NAS Storage/ mapped to /data.

It was saying that was invalid, and that it needed to contain only a-z,0-9,_.

I renamed the share 'nas_storage' and it started working again.

It worked before the update, looks like something change that didn't like my old name.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg463355#msg463355

I cannot edit "auth" file using windows, it just tells me access denied.

Any recommendation as to what I can do?

looks like permissions arent correct for wherever /config is pointing to on your unraid host, easiest solution is to delete the file /config/perms.txt then restart the container and it will reset the permissions for you.

I know this is a simple config issue but I cannot seem to find out what it is. when downloading any test torrent I get this "Permission denied: /mnt/user/Downloads/incomplete/"  I have the /data pointing to /mnt/user/Downloads/

in the docker and in the program itself. What should these settings be? I even set the directory to 777 temporarily trying to troubleshoot. Any help would be appreciated

looks like whatever account you have the container running as doesnt have permissions to write to /mnt/user/Downloads/incomplete/, ive now modified the latest build of deluge to set permissions on /data as well as /config, so if you download the latest build and then delete the file /config/perms.txt and restart the container it should set the permissions correctly for you.

Hello again,

I am running into another issue here. It appears the VPN Deluge Docker writes files with more restricted permissions than the normal Deluge Docker (both from the binhex repository of course). The VPN Docker doesn't seem to be providing write privileges to the file.

DelugeVPN:

-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 365893079 May 18 07:35 Dragon\ Ball\ Super\ -\ 043v2\ -\ Goku\ Can't\ Control\ his\ Ki!\ A\ Struggle\ to\ Look\ After\ Pan\ [DragonTeam][0BFBC657].mkv

Deluge:

-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 414745001 May 18 07:45 Dragon\ Ball\ Super\ -\ 042v2\ -\ A\ Turbulent\ Victory\ Celebration\ -\ Facing\ off\ at\ Last\ Monaka\ VS\ Son\ Goku\ [DragonTeam][b48AFE7A].mkv

Am I missing something that is causing this? I only changed the same settings on both Deluge clients leaving the rest default.

ive now tweaked delugevpn to include a umask of 000 to match the "deluge" container, please pull down the latest image and give it a whirl, keep in mind this will not retrospectively modify permissions, its only for new stuff from now on, if you want to modify existing files/folders then you will need to ssh in and set this manually, if you need help with this then let me know and i will list out the commands.

Hello again,

DelugeVPN:

Deluge:

ive now tweaked delugevpn to include a umask of 000 to match the "deluge" container, please pull down the latest image and give it a whirl, keep in mind this will not retrospectively modify permissions, its only for new stuff from now on, if you want to modify existing files/folders then you will need to ssh in and set this manually, if you need help with this then let me know and i will list out the commands.

Confirmed everything is working! Thank you very much, this will save me having to chmod the files  :)

You haven't selected PIA as your VPN_PROV:

VPN_PROV="pia|airvpn|custom"

Also, i dont think newyorkcity.private... supports port forwarding.

Thanks for help mr-hexen. Managed to get deluge up and running, and GUI is accessible, and VPN connects. Two questions:

1) Can't find the file to change the username and password for the GUI. None of the config files show any setting for "deluge" password.

2) I'm unable to download torrents due to a permission issue, when testing I get the following:

Permission denied: /mnt/cache/Cache/Torrents/Batman.V.Superman.Dawn.of.Justice.2016.720p.HDTC.x264.ShAaNiG.mkv

Download to:/mnt/cache/Cache/Torrents/

Move Compelted to: /mnt/cache/Cache/Torrents/-Completed

Autoadd .torrent files from: /mnt/cache/Cache/Torrents/-AutoDownload

Thanks for any help.  Cheers

That's because deluge see's them as /data, remember you forwarded /mnt/cache/Cache/Torrents to /data

Not quite sure what you mean, is a downloaded torrent not suppose to be in /data? When installing the docker, I've added the following to Volume Mappings:

/config ---> /mnt/cache/Cache/unRaidApps/delugevpn/

/data --->  /mnt/cache/Cache/Torrents/

Also running in bridge mode if that makes a difference. Not sure what elese I can change to make the permissions work. It attempts to download for a few seconds, status being okay, then it gives a permission error and stops.

You're just not understanding how volume mappings works...

/data (inside deluge) and /mnt/cache/Cache/Torrents is in unRAID.

What you've mapped to inside deluge is /data (it becomes linked to /mnt/cache/Cache/Torrents/

So what you want to do is set your download folders to:

/data/-AutoDownload and /data/-Complete

Deluge is saying permission denied because you've got it mapped to /mnt/Cache/Torrents and as far as Deluge is concerned, that doesn't exist.

What you've mapped to inside deluge is /data (it becomes linked to /mnt/cache/Cache/Torrents/

Deluge is saying permission denied because you've got it mapped to /mnt/Cache/Torrents and as far as Deluge is concerned, that doesn't exist.

Thanks again man. Took me a while to wrap my head around the workings of the volume mappings. I simply had the use "/data" in the download torrents section of deluge. Now it all works, guess it's simply a link from deluge to unRaid. Now off to more testing, :).

Cheers!

Exactly what I needed to get it running thanks!

Hi I was just wondering is it safe to use a server that does not enable port forwarding for PIA? I am able to get better speeds using a local/closer-to-home server, though it does not support port forwarding. However, does this pose some form of security-issue or a danger of leaking my IP?

Thanks to anyone who is able to help  :)

Hi I was just wondering is it safe to use a server that does not enable port forwarding for PIA? I am able to get better speeds using a local/closer-to-home server, though it does not support port forwarding. However, does this pose some form of security-issue or a danger of leaking my IP?

Thanks to anyone who is able to help  :)

No security risk at all, intact it could be argued that having no port forward at all is more secure, it just generally means lower speeds.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk