[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

I have to say im having all kinds of problems at the moment with this docker.

When I install the delugevpn docker and start it up everything is working great.

But as soon as I reboot my nas I can no longer access the webui for deluge.

Has anyone got any experience in this issue or has anyone had this issue before?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Post how you have your docker container set up and also make sure your appdata hasn't been moved to the array.

The "Fix Common Problems" plugin may help.

Its funny, I started looking at the network settings for unraid. I think it was setup bridge setting that was set to no, I set that to yes. I also did the once over with permissions for the cache drive as thats where the appdata folder is located (set to cache only). Did a reboot and what do you know... I can still connect even after a reboot.

The only issue I have left is the error that keeps on coming up in the logs.

[ERROR ] 23:52:45 main:347 malformed expression (,)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/main.py", line 344, in do_command

ret = self._commands[cmd].handle(*args, **options.__dict__)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 102, in handle

return self._set_config(*args, **options)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 136, in _set_config

val = simple_eval(options["set"][1] + " " .join(args))

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 85, in simple_eval

res = atom(src.next, src.next())

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 54, in atom

out.append(atom(next, token))

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 77, in atom

raise SyntaxError("malformed expression (%s)" % token[1])

SyntaxError: malformed expression (,)

2016-06-14 23:52:45,375 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:

malformed expression (,)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/main.py", line 344, in do_command

ret = self._commands[cmd].handle(*args, **options.__dict__)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 102, in handle

return self._set_config(*args, **options)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 136, in _set_config

val = simple_eval(options["set"][1] + " " .join(args))

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 85, in simple_eval

res = atom(src.next, src.next())

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 54, in atom

out.append(atom(next, token))

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/console/commands/config.py", line 77, in atom

raise SyntaxError("malformed expression (%s)" % token[1])

SyntaxError: malformed expression (,)

Not sure what to make of it.

hi there, thanks for this docker. But I'm unable to connect to my provider (vpn.sh).

I found this http://www.vpn.sh/clients/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=6&language=english

I don't know if it can help. Thanks in advance.

You need OpenVPN, not PPTP or L2TP

To get access to these locations with OpenVPN, ignore the following information and download the specified files within your "VPN Activation" email.

Hello

Since updating and restarting deluge docker, it makes all the files in my DL dir as read only

Sample Log File

chown: changing ownership of '/data/O.J.Simpson.Made.in.America.Part.One.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD[rarbg]': Read-only file system

chown: changing ownership of '/data/Game.of.Thrones.S06E08.No.One.PROPER.1080p.WEB-DL.HEVC.DD5.1.x265/Game.of.Thrones.S06E08.No.One.PROPER.1080p.WEB-DL.HEVC.DD5.1.x265.unknown.ignore': Read-only file system

chown: changing ownership of '/data/Game.of.Thrones.S06E08.No.One.PROPER.1080p.WEB-DL.HEVC.DD5.1.x265': Read-only file system

chown: changing ownership of '/data/Game.of.Thrones.S06E02.1080p.WEB-DL.x265.HEVC.upload-hero.unknown.ignore': Read-only file system

chown: changing ownership of '/data/Game.of.Thrones.S06E01.1080p.WEB-DL.x265.HEVC.upload-hero.unknown.ignore': Read-only file system

chown: changing ownership of '/data/Zootopia 2016 1080p HDRip x264 AC3-JYK/Zootopia 2016 1080p HDRip x264 AC3-JYK.mkv': Read-only file system

chown: changing ownership of '/data/Zootopia 2016 1080p HDRip x264 AC3-JYK': Read-only file system

chown: changing ownership of '/data': Read-only file system

Sample Log File End

Deleted full docker image and stared from fresh install also, same thing. If i set new permissions in unraid (tools/new permissions) i regain access to my DL Folder, but as soon as i start deluge it starts to set all the files to read only.

Thanks

Hello

Since updating and restarting deluge docker, it makes all the files in my DL dir as read only

Sample Log File

chown: changing ownership of '/data/O.J.Simpson.Made.in.America.Part.One.720p.HDTV.x264-2HD[rarbg]': Read-only file system

chown: changing ownership of '/data/Game.of.Thrones.S06E08.No.One.PROPER.1080p.WEB-DL.HEVC.DD5.1.x265/Game.of.Thrones.S06E08.No.One.PROPER.1080p.WEB-DL.HEVC.DD5.1.x265.unknown.ignore': Read-only file system

chown: changing ownership of '/data/Game.of.Thrones.S06E08.No.One.PROPER.1080p.WEB-DL.HEVC.DD5.1.x265': Read-only file system

chown: changing ownership of '/data/Game.of.Thrones.S06E02.1080p.WEB-DL.x265.HEVC.upload-hero.unknown.ignore': Read-only file system

chown: changing ownership of '/data/Game.of.Thrones.S06E01.1080p.WEB-DL.x265.HEVC.upload-hero.unknown.ignore': Read-only file system

chown: changing ownership of '/data/Zootopia 2016 1080p HDRip x264 AC3-JYK/Zootopia 2016 1080p HDRip x264 AC3-JYK.mkv': Read-only file system

chown: changing ownership of '/data/Zootopia 2016 1080p HDRip x264 AC3-JYK': Read-only file system

chown: changing ownership of '/data': Read-only file system

Sample Log File End

Deleted full docker image and stared from fresh install also, same thing. If i set new permissions in unraid (tools/new permissions) i regain access to my DL Folder, but as soon as i start deluge it starts to set all the files to read only.

Thanks

Not that I use deluge, but are there any similar messages in the syslog.  Seems to me to be more likely that the file system itself has been mounted as read-only

I'm not sure they are the same issue.

I simply don't know if the docker image has been updated to pull/use the new version of Deluge.  If it is supposed to be installing/using the latest version, then I'm not getting notification of an update to the docker being available.  I have not tried to force it to update however.

I thought the beta bug was more to do with updated dockers continuing to show an update available, but not actually having an update available.  I don't follow it that closely though, so I could be wrong.

I thought the beta bug was more to do with updated dockers continuing to show an update available, but not actually having an update available.  I don't follow it that closely though, so I could be wrong.

You are right, I just missunderstood your first comment :)

Sorry for the confusion

Deluge is reporting a new version is available, but checking for updates did not offer any updates to the docker.  I'm in no hurry, it's working fine for me, but just an FYI :)

ok so just to be clear when you say deluge is reporting a new version, you mean the deluge webui is flagging a new version is available for download right?, not to do with the docker container yeah?.

if it is the deluge webui then im not sure where this is coming from, all links on the official deluge website still point at 1.3.12, unless they are preparing to release and hit the button a bit too early.

in any case until its available on arch repo i wont be able to update, but as soon as its out i will push it out to you guys dont worry

Damn!  sorry man, my bad.  I meant to post this in the Sonarr thread.  It's Sonarr that is telling me about the update, not Deluge :(

If you want me to post in the Sonarr thread also, please just let me know.

Thanks and sorry again for the noise.

lol, no thats fine, ok so sonarr latest github release is 2.0.0.4146, this hasnt changed for a while, keep in mind the webui might be showing you github master commits, i use only github releases as they are more stable, but if this is flagging a new release then i will see it pop up for build probably in the next couple of days.

I think i fixed my Deluge PIA speed issues!!!

I discovered a UDP issue with my ISP and changed the openvpn.ovpn file to TCP instead of UDP.

proto tcp

remote [insert pia server] 443

immediately saw a ubuntu torrent go to 8.0MB/s!!

Binhex, how can I confirm privacy still, do you suspect this would cause any ip leaks?

I think i fixed my Deluge PIA speed issues!!!

I discovered a UDP issue with my ISP and changed the openvpn.ovpn file to TCP instead of UDP.

proto tcp

remote [insert pia server] 443

immediately saw a ubuntu torrent go to 8.0MB/s!!

Binhex, how can I confirm privacy still, do you suspect this would cause any ip leaks?

I guess easy answer would be if your using a private tracker you will see the ip address of the torrent your downloading.

ok so privacy should not be a concern, you can switch back and forth between udp and tcp and it wont matter, the ip table rules are still in place and will still block everything unless its specifically defined so your safe either way.

it depends on how deep you want to go on proving your privacy, if you just want to confirm that its using the tunnel then you can use the instructions in post #2 FAQ Q3 of this thread, if you want to prove there is no ip leeakage when the tunnel goes down then you can run the following command:-

docker exec binhex-delugevpn pkill openvpn

this will kill the openvpn process, you will then see speeds will drop to 0, if speeds dont drop to 0 (can take a few mins to do so due to caching) then we have a problem, keep in mind there is some checking in there that will auto restart the openvpn process if it dies (checks every 10 mins) so if speeds suddenly increase then your tunnel is most likely back up.

Thanks, I also used that "check my ip" torrent and it shows a PIA IP when my router WAN port shows my ISP's IP so we're all good.

Man its nice to finally being able to use my 100mbps connection to its full potential, privately, lol.

Thanks again for all your efforts!!!

Thanks, I also used that "check my ip" torrent and it shows a PIA IP when my router WAN port shows my ISP's IP so we're all good.

Man its nice to finally being able to use my 100mbps connection to its full potential, privately, lol.

Thanks again for all your efforts!!!

no probs!, glad you got to the bottom of your performance issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Am I missing something obvious here? I cannot even get going? I have installed the docker but cannot connect to the WEBUI? I just get

This site can’t be reached

192.168.0.33 refused to connect.

I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling