[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Also you are configuring deluge app to write to /data right?

OK, change data path to /mnt/user/Home Cinema/Torrent/ and tried to /mnt/user/Torrent

Your picture shows the torrent is trying to download to /mnt/user/Torrent, but that path does not exist inside the docker. Leave the docker config the way it is, and tell deluge to save the file to /data, like binhex told you.

Also you are configuring deluge app to write to /data right?

OK, change data path to /mnt/user/Home Cinema/Torrent/ and tried to /mnt/user/Torrent

Your picture shows the torrent is trying to download to /mnt/user/Torrent, but that path does not exist inside the docker. Leave the docker config the way it is, and tell deluge to save the file to /data, like binhex told you.

I did exactly what you told me :

- I removed, and redownloaded the package,

- Left the config as it is, but I fulfilled username & password

- I change path to data /mnt/user/torrent through the Deluge Web UI

-> Same problem : deluge cannot write / download. :(( I don't understand what is happening. I'm desperate, and I think I'm going to format my unraid key and start a fresh install.

Do you think it's agood idea ?

Thanks

Config_3.JPG.3bc764788820c75f39bd258904edbf7e.JPG

I don't understand what is happening. I'm desperate, and I think I'm going to format my unraid key and start a fresh install.

Thanks

No, it's not a good idea. You will continue to have the same problem until you understand what is going on. Post a new screenshot of the details to a torrent you are trying to download. Pay attention to the path. MAKE SURE it says /data/ instead of /mnt/user/Torrent/.

I don't understand what is happening. I'm desperate, and I think I'm going to format my unraid key and start a fresh install.

Thanks

No, it's not a good idea. You will continue to have the same problem until you understand what is going on. Post a new screenshot of the details to a torrent you are trying to download. Pay attention to the path. MAKE SURE it says /data/ instead of /mnt/user/Torrent/.

Thanks Jonathann, it works when I set download path to /data ! But it does not rellocated the file where I want. So, all my files will stay in /data, and I don't want to.

Config_6.JPG.394595e161a400a720c9bcf0c6b76c26.JPG

Thanks

Thanks Jonathann, it works when I set download path to /data ! But it does not rellocated the file where I want. So, all my files will stay in /data, and I don't want to.

set move completed to: /data/completed

that way files will then be moved once completed to host path /mnt/user/torrent/completed

you REALLY need to read FAQ Q4 from here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=45811.msg437673#msg437673

If you dont get it then re-read it several times, its an important part of docker and you will need to understand this.

Thanks

set move completed to: /data/completed

that way files will then be moved once completed to host path /mnt/user/torrent/completed

you REALLY need to read FAQ Q4 from here http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=45811.msg437673#msg437673

If you dont get it then re-read it several times, its an important part of docker and you will need to understand this.

OK ! It's perfectly clear !

Thank you so much !

Hello,

I can download easily now, but Deluge does not upload.

I've searched into forums and I've opened ports on my router, but no upload.

Do you now where it comes from?

thanks

firstly uploads and downloads are done over the vpn tunnel, thus changing configuration on your router will make ZERO difference. the incoming port is automatically done for you, so dont touch incoming port, as for the outgoing port, you should leave random ticked, dont bother specifying the port, then reboot the container and you should be set.

Hello,

thanks

firstly uploads and downloads are done over the vpn tunnel, thus changing configuration on your router will make ZERO difference. the incoming port is automatically done for you, so dont touch incoming port, as for the outgoing port, you should leave random ticked, dont bother specifying the port, then reboot the container and you should be set.

Like that ? :(

No_upload_5.JPG.8df2e4b03dda1a29f774518c1a1e3b08.JPG

No_upload_6.JPG.6df6486aac44330cfa36f15fa654712e.JPG

Hello,

thanks

Like that ? :(

exactly, you got it

which vpn remote endpoint are you connecting to?, not all endpoints allow incoming connections, try setting VPN_REMOTE value to nl.privateinternetaccess.com remember to restart

Hi, I'm having an issue where a torrent I'm downloading will stop and the docker will give me a "No space left on device" error even though there is plenty of space left on the drive I'm downloading to. This happens on different torrents and when I get about a gig or so downloaded the down speed will go to zero and the log starts repeating this error

exceptions.OSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device

There are about 130 GB free on the cache drive and this is reflected in the bottom right of the deluge WebUI. If I delete the part of the torrent that has been downloaded up until that point the error stops and I can download again. Here http://pastebin.com/RS4crZb4 is the log. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Hi, I'm having an issue where a torrent I'm downloading will stop and the docker will give me a "No space left on device" error even though there is plenty of space left on the drive I'm downloading to. This happens on different torrents and when I get about a gig or so downloaded the down speed will go to zero and the log starts repeating this error

exceptions.OSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device

There are about 130 GB free on the cache drive and this is reflected in the bottom right of the deluge WebUI. If I delete the part of the torrent that has been downloaded up until that point the error stops and I can download again. Here http://pastebin.com/RS4crZb4 is the log. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

What format is your cache drive? If it's a BTRFS pool with multiple devices, the free space reported may be wrong.

What format is your cache drive? If it's a BTRFS pool with multiple devices, the free space reported may be wrong.

Yes, it is. How would I go about finding how much space is actually left?

http://carfax.org.uk/btrfs-usage/

That will give you the theoretical maximum usable space for a given set of disks. Choose RAID-1 as the preset raid level.

btrfs fi show /mnt/cache

to see what's on each member.

not knowing this could be unsafe.  Would you mind expanding on this part?

in short its always better to try and isolate permission resets to a specific docker container if possible.

Understood.  Thanks for the detail.

Ok, so this probably isn't a DelugeVPN issue but hoping you might be able to help. I've discovered that my /downloads directory ownership and permissions is getting changed from nobody:users drwxrwxrwx to root:root rwxr-xr-x. Based on the time stamp of the changed directory and once a week occurrence, it appears to be linked to when CA Backup/Restore is backing up my appdata folder. I have CA Backup/Restore set to exclude my /downloads directory. Any thoughts on why this might be happening? It's definitely a new issue within past couple weeks and I haven't changed any configuration files (just updating plugins and dockers).

in short its always better to try and isolate permission resets to a specific docker container if possible.

Ok, so this probably isn't a DelugeVPN issue but hoping you might be able to help. I've discovered that my /downloads directory ownership and permissions is getting changed from nobody:users drwxrwxrwx to root:root rwxr-xr-x. Based on the time stamp of the changed directory and once a week occurrence, it appears to be linked to when CA Backup/Restore is backing up my appdata folder. I have CA Backup/Restore set to exclude my /downloads directory. Any thoughts on why this might be happening? It's definitely a new issue within past couple weeks and I haven't changed any configuration files (just updating plugins and dockers).

The backup module does not touch or modify any permissions on the source at all (and the destination permissions will always match the source)  (I actually just tested this after I saw your cross-post)

Best guess is that Deluge itself is modifying the permissions at its startup.  Set the backup under advanced settings to NOT stop any of the installed containers and you'll probably see that no permissions were changed.

The backup module does not touch or modify any permissions on the source at all (and the destination permissions will always match the source)  (I actually just tested this after I saw your cross-post)

Best guess is that Deluge itself is modifying the permissions at its startup.  Set the backup under advanced settings to NOT stop any of the installed containers and you'll probably see that no permissions were changed.

Ok, thanks for the feedback.  I'll make those changes and report back if I still have an issue.

I have a question about using PIA. (ordered it to test with unRAID and DelugeVPN)

I setup the docker in unRAID server just fine and dandy and it's working everything is good to go and it's doing just that. However I was curious about the regular software that PIA has for windows machines and other platforms so I downloaded the windows client and connected to the Netherlands and checked my IP and it was showing up as a Netherlands IP address. I then did a DNS leak test and it showed up as a google IP out of Michigan, which are the same IP's that I get when I'm not on the VPN.

That peaked my interest so I went onto the PIA site and looked around and found their Q&A for DNS Leak Protection https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/client-support/#eighth if you open up the application in windows and go into settings then connection you will find that you can tick the box for "DNS leak protection Prevent leaking DNS queries while on the VPN" I enabled that and did the DNS Leak test again and I only got back 1 IP out of the Netherlands.

I'm wondering if there is a value within DelugeVPN that we can enable which does the same thing as in the windows client after all a VPN to the Netherlands or where ever should only show that VPN IP.

Also I was wondering if there is anyway for DelugeVPN to use magnet links that would be sent to it from Media Center Master? I found a site that was talking about a PHP file but the github it resided on has been removed.

One more thing, I downloaded the checkMyTorrentIp.png and it shows the Netherlands IP as well.

Tracker Status:

checkmytorrentip.net: Error: Success, Your torrent client IP is: 46.166.188.223

I have a question about using PIA. (ordered it to test with unRAID and DelugeVPN)

I setup the docker in unRAID server just fine and dandy and it's working everything is good to go and it's doing just that. However I was curious about the regular software that PIA has for windows machines and other platforms so I downloaded the windows client and connected to the Netherlands and checked my IP and it was showing up as a Netherlands IP address. I then did a DNS leak test and it showed up as a google IP out of Michigan, which are the same IP's that I get when I'm not on the VPN.

That peaked my interest so I went onto the PIA site and looked around and found their Q&A for DNS Leak Protection https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/client-support/#eighth if you open up the application in windows and go into settings then connection you will find that you can tick the box for "DNS leak protection Prevent leaking DNS queries while on the VPN" I enabled that and did the DNS Leak test again and I only got back 1 IP out of the Netherlands.

I'm wondering if there is a value within DelugeVPN that we can enable which does the same thing as in the windows client after all a VPN to the Netherlands or where ever should only show that VPN IP.

Also I was wondering if there is anyway for DelugeVPN to use magnet links that would be sent to it from Media Center Master? I found a site that was talking about a PHP file but the github it resided on has been removed.

One more thing, I downloaded the checkMyTorrentIp.png and it shows the Netherlands IP as well.

Tracker Status:

checkmytorrentip.net: Error: Success, Your torrent client IP is: 46.166.188.223

ok so when using DelugeVPN you can set which name servers you wish to use, by default this is set to use Google DNS, you can define which name servers you want my changing the value for key NAME_SERVERS. So to answer your question, no there is no built in "dns leak protection switch" but you can control which name servers you want, the PIA name servers are as follows:-

So you could use these for name resolution if you concerned. Just to add a bit more info to this, the risks of DNS leakage are minimised for this docker container, as we aren't routing all of your LAN traffic through this, it is used to purely route torrent traffic and possibly index site hits via privoxy, so information that could be gathered from your name server lookups wouldn't  be very specific to you as a individual, unlike when using the traditional Windows PIA client where ALL traffic is routed through for the host once the VPN is up, including websites you surf such as social sites etc, although even this is small/no risk as PIA do not log anything.

# accept input from local lan to docker network (any port)
iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 172.17.0.0/16 -j ACCEPT

# accept output from docker network to local lan (any port)
iptables -A OUTPUT -o eth0 -p tcp -s 172.17.0.0/16 -d 192.168.1.0/24 -j ACCEPT

I don't want to pester you binhex but it's there any chance of getting this included in the docker?

I'm having to reboot rather regularly at the moment due to VM issues and having to go in and reapply it every time is starting  to get old ;D

It will be included in the next build, I've got more than just that to include so it will require some testing, hope to have it done by next Friday latest.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This is now done, please pull down the latest image and give it a whirl.

note:- i have seen a couple of people reporting an issue where openvpn doesn't start correctly, this maybe due to a stale openvpn docker image being used, so if you see issues it might be wise to delete the docker image and re-pull from fresh to force the pull down of the newer intermediate image.

edit - bug in incoming port for build 1.3.13-32, fixed up and currently building again, please update in approx 10 mins from now.

Upgraded last night and openVPN stopped initializing.

The key line in the logs: Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in #####.ovpn:20: script-security (2.4.0)

Turns out my provider included this line in the .ovpn file: "script-security 3 system"

And "system" is now deprecated.

They released new versions of their .ovpn files some time ago with that correction, I just had to find out the hard way...

Hi there, hopefully I am asking for help in the right place, I think my issue is something small I am missing.

I cannot access the DelugeVPN web UI. I have installed and reinstalled the docker container, and after looking in the logs, I can see that the container does connect to my VPN service, so it seems like it's mostly working.

I did set my subnet correctly in the docker template settings, (I use 10.11.12.0/24)

I also opened the core.conf file in the config folder and set remote: 'true' and checked the other settings, they all seemed fine.

I cannot access anything on the port that Deluge is supposed to be running on.

Any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, hopefully I am asking for help in the right place, I think my issue is something small I am missing.

I cannot access the DelugeVPN web UI. I have installed and reinstalled the docker container, and after looking in the logs, I can see that the container does connect to my VPN service, so it seems like it's mostly working.

I did set my subnet correctly in the docker template settings, (I use 10.11.12.0/24)

I also opened the core.conf file in the config folder and set remote: 'true' and checked the other settings, they all seemed fine.

I cannot access anything on the port that Deluge is supposed to be running on.

Any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks in advance.

Attach the supervisord.log located in /config/ watch out for credentials

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk