[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Thanks a ton! Quick follow up, which may be silly. With your output for filebot being set to "/mnt/cache" - i imagine that means mover will move it to the array automatically for whenever you have it scheduled to run?  My download share is set to cache only and the filebot input folder will be pointed at a folder in there. But as long as my filebot is pointing to my media share (which is not cache only) and the output for filebot is to mnt/cache I imagine mover will place it on the array in the correct place each night right?

Yes, delugeVPN works on a cache-only directory and the files renamed by filebot are moved to the array nightly by the mover.  Just setup filebot.sh to copy your files to the correct path

I use showrss.info to get new TV episodes through deluge`s YaRSS2 plugin.

Oy, sorry to be a pain - but I am not very clear on how to install the YaRSS2 plugin. From what I can tell I need an egg... and that's about as far as I got.  Could you explain how that process works if you wouldn't mind?

Or do you think it would be a smarter route for me just to uninstall the DelugeVPN and install binhex's rTorrentVPN Docker that apparently has RSS built in?

The egg is just a packaged plugin. I did that a while ago but I think you just need to download the right egg and load it in the plugins settings.

If you're early in your setup, switching to rtorrent might be easier but I don't really know.  Anecdotal evidence is that rtorrent is faster with transfers so it's been on my todo to play with it but I haven't done it yet.

Oy, sorry to be a pain - but I am not very clear on how to install the YaRSS2 plugin. From what I can tell I need an egg... and that's about as far as I got.  Could you explain how that process works if you wouldn't mind?

Or do you think it would be a smarter route for me just to uninstall the DelugeVPN and install binhex's rTorrentVPN Docker that apparently has RSS built in?

Download the egg from http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins/YaRSS2#Download to your local machine. On you webgui, Preferences, Plugins, Install, then find the egg you downloaded.

I have the YaRSS2 plugin installed and working on mine, but please be aware that you cannot actually configure it from the webgui. I migrated my setup from a Windows box and took ages to work this out. In order to configure the settings on YaRSS2, you will needed to install Deluge on a Windows machine, then remotely connect it to the docker deluge host. All the downloading is still done via the docker deluge host. I still use the webgui day to day and only use the full client to change YaRSS2 settings.

For anyone interested in easy seeding and saving space on your cache drive.

Many of you probably already know this, but if you want to continue seeding after Couchpotato and Sickbeard move your files, then the Deluge docker container must have your "/Media" folder mapped in the same manner as in the other containers. Otherwise the symlinks will fail. This involves clicking on "Add another path,port or variable" and filling it out in your torrent docker.

Originally I believed the symlinks would work until I restarted Unraid or Deluge. But in reality deluge had a lock on the file, and Couchpotato or Sickbeard would leave a .fuse.. of the same size after renaming. Once seeding was interrupted, then the .fuse.. file disappeared and the ability to seed was lost. After mapping the "/Media" folder, then the symlinks survive a reboot on Unraid, and allow a re-check of the torrent, etc. You will need to pause then resume the torrent or restart deluge to unlock the .fuse.. files to free up the space on your cache drive. This happens often enough between backups and upgrades, so not a big deal.

BTW, it seams that Sonarr won't continue seeding on my setup since it only uses hardlinks and hardlinks won't work across disks or shares. Which is why the change back to Sickbeard.

I want to thank Binhex for make a great collection of docker containers. He truly has made Unraid an enjoyable experience.

... you will needed to install Deluge on a Windows machine, then remotely connect it to the docker deluge host...

Can anyone explain how to do this? which username and password needs to be used?

thanks

Just did this yesterday, here is what you'll need to to get up and running.

[*]Create a user in the deluge auth file other than the existing local user.

Set you own username/password as explained here: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/UserGuide/Authentication

[*]Make note of your unraid IP address, and the used deluge port should be 58846 unless you changed it

[*]Download deluge for windows, make sure the version matches deluge version in unraid (shown in tab of webUI, currently 1.3.13)

[*]Once installed, go preferences > interface > untick classic mode, then restart deluge

[*]In deluge connection manager add your details you previously noted above, click add then connect

Hello.

I have installed Deluge and followed the instructions to the letter, I have also installed the Chrome Syphon extension. Every time I try to download a torrent I get the message "Torrent Requested" then a five second delay, then two messages " Error communicating with Deluge Server" and " Torrent not Added".

It's driving me nuts. I've tried everything. If I use siphon to try to open the web UI of Deluge, the WebUI opens but presents a box asking for the password. I know the password is correct because I can open the Deluge WebUI from the Docker using the password.

Has anybody any ideas because other than that it's all set up and seems to have potential.  :)

Why is there a comms error? Symphony is pointed at exactly the right address i.e.:- 192.168.1.15:8112

I have attached the log below:-

2017-02-12 10:29:31.655094 [info] Starting Supervisor...

2017-02-12 10:29:31,849 CRIT Set uid to user 0

2017-02-12 10:29:31,849 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/delugevpn.conf" during parsing

2017-02-12 10:29:31,851 INFO supervisord started with pid 6

2017-02-12 10:29:32,853 INFO spawned: 'checkproc-script' with pid 50

2017-02-12 10:29:32,854 INFO spawned: 'start-script' with pid 51

2017-02-12 10:29:32,855 INFO spawned: 'deluge-script' with pid 52

2017-02-12 10:29:32,857 INFO spawned: 'deluge-web-script' with pid 53

2017-02-12 10:29:32,858 INFO spawned: 'privoxy-script' with pid 54

2017-02-12 10:29:32,863 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:

[info] Deluge config file already exists, skipping copy

2017-02-12 10:29:32,863 INFO success: checkproc-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)

2017-02-12 10:29:32,863 INFO success: start-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)

2017-02-12 10:29:32,863 INFO success: deluge-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)

2017-02-12 10:29:32,864 INFO success: deluge-web-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)

2017-02-12 10:29:32,864 INFO success: privoxy-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)

2017-02-12 10:29:32,864 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:

[info] VPN not enabled, skipping VPN tunnel local ip/port checks

2017-02-12 10:29:32,865 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:

[info] VPN not enabled, skipping configuration of VPN

2017-02-12 10:29:32,865 DEBG fd 11 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 47958895825048 for <Subprocess at 47958895825264 with name start-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>

2017-02-12 10:29:32,865 DEBG fd 16 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 47958895825624 for <Subprocess at 47958895825264 with name start-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>

2017-02-12 10:29:32,865 INFO exited: start-script (exit status 0; expected)

2017-02-12 10:29:32,865 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit

2017-02-12 10:29:32,866 DEBG 'privoxy-script' stdout output:

[info] Privoxy set to disabled

2017-02-12 10:29:32,866 DEBG fd 27 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 47958895744424 for <Subprocess at 47958895826992 with name privoxy-script in state RUNNING> (stdout)>

2017-02-12 10:29:32,866 DEBG fd 31 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 47958895745432 for <Subprocess at 47958895826992 with name privoxy-script in state RUNNING> (stderr)>

2017-02-12 10:29:32,866 INFO exited: privoxy-script (exit status 0; expected)

2017-02-12 10:29:32,866 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit

2017-02-12 10:29:32,869 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:

[info] Attempting to start Deluge...

2017-02-12 10:29:33,129 DEBG 'deluge-script' stderr output:

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/_libtorrent.py:59: RuntimeWarning: to-Python converter for boost::shared_ptr<libtorrent::alert> already registered; second conversion method ignored.

import libtorrent as lt

2017-02-12 10:29:33,179 DEBG 'deluge-web-script' stdout output:

[info] Starting Deluge webui...

2017-02-12 11:34:51,964 DEBG 'deluge-web-script' stderr output:

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py:1294: UserWarning: /home/nobody/.cache/Python-Eggs is writable by group/others and vulnerable to attack when used with get_resource_filename. Consider a more secure location (set with .set_extraction_path or the PYTHON_EGG_CACHE environment variable).

warnings.warn(msg, UserWarning)

2017-02-12 11:35:48,614 DEBG 'deluge-web-script' stderr output:

[ERROR ] 11:35:48 client:391 RPCError Message Received!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RPCRequest: core.add_torrent_url(https://classic.torrentday.com/download.php/2205915/David_Bowie-Legacy-Remastered-2CD-FLAC-2016-FORSAKEN.torrent, {u'add_paused': False, u'move_completed_path': u'/data/Complete', u'download_location': u'/data/Incomplete', u'move_completed': True}, {u'cookie': u'PHPSESSID=q4kvva5q9jj68h6utglatcgiq1', u'user-agent': u'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/56.0.2924.87 Safari/537.36'})

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 315, in on_fail

failure.raiseException()

File "<string>", line 2, in raiseException

Error:

Does delugevpn utilise upnp properly for port forwarding? I'm showing as not connectable on the torrent site that I use and running 'netstat -tulpn' from SSH doesn't list any ports that relate to the deluge process.

upnp wont help you, this doesnt use port forwarding defined on your lan/router, it uses your vpn providers port forwarding facility, if your using PIA then this is done for you automatically (assuming your connected to a port forward enabled endpoint), otherwise you will need to find out how your vpn provider provides the port forward (if at all, not all providers allow this).

I use delugevpn with the vpn variable off, incase I sign up to a vpn in future then I don't need to reinstall the docker.

Does it just not work with upnp at all? Or does it need to be set to host instead of bridge?

ahh fair enough, i dont know if it works with upnp, i stay away from upnp due to the security risks involved with it, dont switch it to host mode though, as this will prevent it from operating should you wish to switch on the vpn feature.

So is the fix to manually specify a port, add that host port in the configuration and then forward it from my router?

yes, so just to be clear about the procedure:-

1. add port to the docker, define whatever port you want, just make sure its not already in use.

2. set deluge to use the container port you defined from step 1. as the incoming port

3. define a port forward on your router that matches the host port you defined in step 1.

Got a serious issue with fragmentation of IPv4 packets using traffic over PIA.

I got 100/100 and when i get around 3MB/s, my cisco router goes to 100% CPU usage due to fragmentation of packets.

Verified the fragmentation with Netdata on the server itself, on 500kb/s i get well over 1000 fragmentet packets/s

Tried setting the MTU in unraid as low as 1300, but no help in that.

Found a solution to this on this site: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36306243/what-is-difference-between-mtu-and-fragment-option-in-openvpn2-0-configuration

Links to OpenVPN Manual, and there i find something interesting

--fragment max

Enable internal datagram fragmentation so that no UDP datagrams are sent which are larger than max bytes.

The max parameter is interpreted in the same way as the --link-mtu parameter, i.e. the UDP packet size after encapsulation overhead has been added in, but not including the UDP header itself.

The --fragment option only makes sense when you are using the UDP protocol ( --proto udp ).

--fragment adds 4 bytes of overhead per datagram.

See the --mssfix option below for an important related option to --fragment.

It should also be noted that this option is not meant to replace UDP fragmentation at the IP stack level. It is only meant as a last resort when path MTU discovery is broken. Using this option is less efficient than fixing path MTU discovery for your IP link and using native IP fragmentation instead.

Having said that, there are circumstances where using OpenVPN's internal fragmentation capability may be your only option, such as tunneling a UDP multicast stream which requires fragmentation.

--mssfix max

Announce to TCP sessions running over the tunnel that they should limit their send packet sizes such that after OpenVPN has encapsulated them, the resulting UDP packet size that OpenVPN sends to its peer will not exceed max bytes.

The max parameter is interpreted in the same way as the --link-mtu parameter, i.e. the UDP packet size after encapsulation overhead has been added in, but not including the UDP header itself.

The --mssfix option only makes sense when you are using the UDP protocol for OpenVPN peer-to-peer communication, i.e. --proto udp.

--mssfix and --fragment can be ideally used together, where --mssfix will try to keep TCP from needing packet fragmentation in the first place, and if big packets come through anyhow (from protocols other than TCP), --fragment will internally fragment them.

Both --fragment and --mssfix are designed to work around cases where Path MTU discovery is broken on the network path between OpenVPN peers.

The usual symptom of such a breakdown is an OpenVPN connection which successfully starts, but then stalls during active usage.

If --fragment and --mssfix are used together, --mssfix will take its default max parameter from the --fragment max option.

Therefore, one could lower the maximum UDP packet size to 1300 (a good first try for solving MTU-related connection problems) with the following options:

--tun-mtu 1500 --fragment 1300 --mssfix

Is there a possibility to get these options for easy tinkering and testing?

Tried to manually edit the .ovpn file, but as an unraid/docker-noobie, i could not seem to get it to work, ovpn file gets overwritten all the time

at the moment, no there is no facility to add in additional command line options, however i could code this in in the future to allow this as an env var. for now if you want to have a play you will have to docker exec in and then modify the script /root/openvpn.sh, e.g.:-

docker exec -it <name of container> /bin/bash
nano /root/openvpn.sh

then add the additional command line optons you want to the variable defined as "openvpn_cli", link to source code (line 4):- https://github.com/binhex/arch-openvpn/blob/master/apps/root/openvpn.sh

this is now in, you an define additional openvpn options by creating the new env var key VPN_OPTIONS and then defining the value to whatever you want, this will then append these options to the end of the constructed command line.

I wish I could get Deluge to work at all.  :(

I'm still getting the message "Error communicating with Deluge server" when I attempt to download a torrent. Piease see log posted earlier. I'm using Chrome with the siphon extension but despite setting the right IP address and password, the torrent is not added to Deluge. I've now added the Transmission Docker and that works but I prefer the Deluge interface.

Any ideas anyone?

Hex,

Is there anything special to do for permissions for /config/openvpn folder?  I basically follow what you do.  I got my container caught up with you.  I got it working with quite a few stops and starts.  I noticed when I tried copying the .ovpn file with a file manager it looks like it copies but doesn't really end up in there.  I had to finally do it in a terminal cp.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

thanks to death.hilarious for the heads up on the pia api change, i have now included the switch over to the shiny new pia api used to assign a port forward, if any issues then please let me know.

link for anybody interested;- https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/23431/new-pia-port-forwarding-api

So, after updating, is there anything different to do on my end or just start container and go, as before?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk