[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Hex,

Is there anything special to do for permissions for /config/openvpn folder?  I basically follow what you do.  I got my container caught up with you.  I got it working with quite a few stops and starts.  I noticed when I tried copying the .ovpn file with a file manager it looks like it copies but doesn't really end up in there.  I had to finally do it in a terminal cp.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

the folder is generated by user root, and then chown/chmod via the puid/guid specified, code here:-

https://github.com/binhex/arch-openvpn/blob/master/setup/root/start.sh line 179 and 180

the reason this start script is running as root is because this is where we generate the tunnel device

thanks to death.hilarious for the heads up on the pia api change, i have now included the switch over to the shiny new pia api used to assign a port forward, if any issues then please let me know.

link for anybody interested;- https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/23431/new-pia-port-forwarding-api

So, after updating, is there anything different to do on my end or just start container and go, as before?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

the hard work is done for you :-), nothing for you to do other than monitor and make sure it carries on working as per normal.

So is the fix to manually specify a port, add that host port in the configuration and then forward it from my router?

yes, so just to be clear about the procedure:-

1. add port to the docker, define whatever port you want, just make sure its not already in use.

2. set deluge to use the container port you defined from step 1. as the incoming port

3. define a port forward on your router that matches the host port you defined in step 1.

Just to confirm this works and I'm now showing as connectable, you may wish to update your initial post with it.

Can't seem to update deluge. I keep getting "template not found null" when I install the update.

im not sure whats causing this but it's not the image, i would advise searching the forum for people who have the same error message, my first guess would be dns issues on your host.

So is the fix to manually specify a port, add that host port in the configuration and then forward it from my router?

1. add port to the docker, define whatever port you want, just make sure its not already in use.

2. set deluge to use the container port you defined from step 1. as the incoming port

3. define a port forward on your router that matches the host port you defined in step 1.

Just to confirm this works and I'm now showing as connectable, you may wish to update your initial post with it.

i would do but tbh the whole purpose of this docker is to use the built in vpn client, thus this really isnt applicable to most people, but thanks for letting me know the instructions work fine :-).

i would do but tbh the whole purpose of this docker is to use the built in vpn client, thus this really isnt applicable to most people, but thanks for letting me know the instructions work fine :-).

I imagine it would also apply to the non-vpn docker as that appears to default to bridged mode also.

I imagine it would also apply to the non-vpn docker as that appears to default to bridged mode also.

the non vpn version of this has a port created already for use as the incoming port (58946), it would just require the user to set the port in deluge and port forward on their router, probably something most people who use torrent clients are familiar with doing. i am looking to enhance the documentation for both the FAQ and also the blurb included in the template for each docker, it all takes time though

So far, mostly so good for me. I configured the containers to use my VPN provider, all good. Torrents download just fine (testing on debian torrents). What I can't get going, is privoxy. It appears to start up OK - but I get this error when I access it on port 8118:

"Invalid header received from client"

When I look in the log, I see nothing for port 8118, suggesting IPTables isn't allowing it through - or something else funky is going on. I searched for that error string, to no avail.

Any idea what it might be? I've attached a sanitised log (and paid you beer money) :)

help_please.txt

So far, mostly so good for me. I configured the containers to use my VPN provider, all good. Torrents download just fine (testing on debian torrents). What I can't get going, is privoxy. It appears to start up OK - but I get this error when I access it on port 8118:

"Invalid header received from client"

You don't access it from that address, you set your applications' http proxy to that address, then browse as normal. To test that it's working properly, visit one of the sites that checks your public IP, with and without the proxy enabled. You should get two different IP's, one that actually is your WAN IP, one that is on your VPN WAN IP.

You don't access it from that address, you set your applications' http proxy to that address, then browse as normal. To test that it's working properly, visit one of the sites that checks your public IP, with and without the proxy enabled. You should get two different IP's, one that actually is your WAN IP, one that is on your VPN WAN IP.

Ah, duh. Thanks. I notice however that when I go to dnsleaktest.com I'm not protected, and it shows up my ISP's IP address (despite icanhazip.com showing the VPN address). I have set the DNS of the container to dns.watch addresses.. Anyway - could it be that privoxy doesn't support HTTPS and dnsleaktest forces HTTPS?

Can't seem to update deluge. I keep getting "template not found null" when I install the update.

im not sure whats causing this but it's not the image, i would advise searching the forum for people who have the same error message, my first guess would be dns issues on your host.

I disabled my IPv6 tunnel and did the check for updates again but it did not fix the issue.

For some reason, clicking on "update ready" gave that error.  However when clicking in the docker icon and then selecting "install update" worked. Problem solved.

I disabled my IPv6 tunnel and did the check for updates again but it did not fix the issue.

For some reason, clicking on "update ready" gave that error.  However when clicking in the docker icon and then selecting "install update" worked. Problem solved.

thanks for posting the solution, sounds like a unraid web ui bug to me, it might be worth posting this in the bugs section of the forum.

Updated the docker today - no configs were changed

but the GUI will no longer load and I am not sure what to look for....

Myk

Any ideas?

Myk

for some reason or another it failed to detect the external ip address for the tunnel, it should then fail over to another site and if that fails then revert to 0.0.0.0, however the return code wasn't working, for now simply restarting the container will probably get you going as i think it was a transient issue with the site it gets the external ip from, i will fix up and push the code tonight.

Ah, duh. Thanks. I notice however that when I go to dnsleaktest.com I'm not protected, and it shows up my ISP's IP address (despite icanhazip.com showing the VPN address). I have set the DNS of the container to dns.watch addresses.. Anyway - could it be that privoxy doesn't support HTTPS and dnsleaktest forces HTTPS?

Thanks for the beer money :-) privoxy does support http and https I think the reason it fails the test is because it's leaking DNS resolution, due to the fact your host is using a specific NS  probably from your ISP.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Updated the docker today - no configs were changed

but the GUI will no longer load and I am not sure what to look for....

Myk

Any ideas?

Myk

for some reason or another it failed to detect the external ip address for the tunnel, it should then fail over to another site and if that fails then revert to 0.0.0.0, however the return code wasn't working, for now simply restarting the container will probably get you going as i think it was a transient issue with the site it gets the external ip from, i will fix up and push the code tonight.

Latest update fixed me all up

Thanks!

Myk

I've got VPN turned off until I get the basics running properly. The port has been set correctly.

What is the Lange range used for? I haven't touched that.

Still can't get Siphon to add a Torrent to Deluge. I'm still getting the "cannot communicate with the Deluge server" message, followed by the "Torrent not added message".

I've tried the Transmission Docker and that was up and running in minutes using the Transmission remote GUI on a windows machine. Why will Deluge not work?

Still can't get Siphon to add a Torrent to Deluge. I'm still getting the "cannot communicate with the Deluge server" message, followed by the "Torrent not added message".

I had the same problem yesterday and for some reason after a few hours it started working.  All i did was change the settings in Siphon to left click only and then restarted my PC and unraid.

I still get messages from Siphon saying that the Torrent has already been added but it does seem to add them now.

Quick question - is there any (easy and not too technical) way to confirm that DelugeVPN is definitely connected to the internet through my PIA account?

I'm just being overly cautious here.  :)

You could change your PIA password and reboot the container - then try and pull a linux iso torrent - that won't work unless your PIA tunnel is up - which it won't be as the password has changed.

Quick question - is there any (easy and not too technical) way to confirm that DelugeVPN is definitely connected to the internet through my PIA account?

I'm just being overly cautious here.  :)

click on the link in my sig for vpn docker faq, then scroll down to deluge specific faq's, there are instructions listed there on how to verify the tunnel is working.

I've got VPN turned off until I get the basics running properly. The port has been set correctly.

What is the Lange range used for? I haven't touched that.

I've tried the Transmission Docker and that was up and running in minutes using the Transmission remote GUI on a windows machine. Why will Deluge not work?

not sure whats going on for you, but i just tested this and it works straight away, no issues!. so to confirm we are talking about the siphon extension for chrome yes?, and you will need to define the lan range otherwise you wont be able to communicate with deluge from another host, see my sig vpn faq q5 for help on this.

note sure how much help this is as there isnt really much to get wrong, but here is a screenshot of my config for siphon, with host ip and host port removed:-

https://github.com/binhex/images/blob/master/docker/config/siphon-deluge.PNG