[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Hello

I'm getting really slow download speeds with PIA. I have a 100/10 connection. Without the vpn enabled I can get up to 10 Mb/s in the deluge client, however with the vpn enabled I can only get around 600 or 700 kb/s. How can I know that the PIA port is being forwarded?

Thank you!

6 hours ago, vacon04 said:

Hello

I'm getting really slow download speeds with PIA. I have a 100/10 connection. Without the vpn enabled I can get up to 10 Mb/s in the deluge client, however with the vpn enabled I can only get around 600 or 700 kb/s. How can I know that the PIA port is being forwarded?

Thank you!

ok identify your external ip address (should be shown in the supervisord.log file) then go here http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and plug this in along with the port you have been assigned (as defined in deluge webui) and click on check.

keep in mind not all pia endpoints support port forwarding, so it could simply be that your connected to one that doesn't allow it.

I'm seeing the following error in my logs: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2953

Looks like this was fixed recently in deluge. Does this docker need to update the deluge version it runs to fix this?

[ERROR   ] 10:50:08 rpcserver:304 Exception calling RPC request: global name 'ex' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 299, in dispatch
    ret = self.factory.methods[method](*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/core.py", line 411, in move_storage
    if not self.torrentmanager[torrent_id].move_storage(dest):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/torrent.py", line 913, in move_storage
    self.torrent_id, dest, ex)
NameError: global name 'ex' is not defined

I have an issue, not sure if it is a couchpotato issue or an issue with this docker. Any torrent that Couhpotato snatches imports fine but never starts downloading. It never connects to any peers and just gets stuck on 0%. If I download the torrent manually and add it in it works perfectly. Any suggestions? 

Edited by itsdandandan
10 hours ago, nerv said:

I'm seeing the following error in my logs: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2953

Looks like this was fixed recently in deluge. Does this docker need to update the deluge version it runs to fix this?

[ERROR   ] 10:50:08 rpcserver:304 Exception calling RPC request: global name 'ex' is not defined
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 299, in dispatch
    ret = self.factory.methods[method](*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/core.py", line 411, in move_storage
    if not self.torrentmanager[torrent_id].move_storage(dest):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/core/torrent.py", line 913, in move_storage
    self.torrent_id, dest, ex)
NameError: global name 'ex' is not defined

ok so yes i could include some of the hotfixes for deluge, however this would potentially bump the version to a non release number, which in turn would then trigger issues with snotty admins at private torrent sites thinking its a dodgy build and then banning your account, so its a tricky situation. i would hope if this was a major issue that there would be a new release official release out soon, are you seeing any issues related to this other than the entries in the log?.

Edited by binhex
5 hours ago, binhex said:

ok so yes i could include some of the hotfixes for deluge, however this would potentially bump the version to a non release number, which in turn would then trigger issues with snotty admins at private torrent sites thinking its a dodgy build and then banning your account, so its a tricky situation. i would hope if this was a major issue that there would be a new release official release out soon, are you seeing any issues related to this other than the entries in the log?.

Yes, whenever I try and trigger a script to execute on torrent completion to trigger post processing this error gets hit.

On 2/22/2017 at 1:49 AM, itsdandandan said:

I have an issue, not sure if it is a couchpotato issue or an issue with this docker. Any torrent that Couhpotato snatches imports fine but never starts downloading. It never connects to any peers and just gets stuck on 0%. If I download the torrent manually and add it in it works perfectly. Any suggestions? 

Did you manage to fix your issue? Im having the same problem. 

Hi!

I just installed this docker, thank you Binhex for such a great tool! I've run into a couple issues which I've been unable to find a solution for on the forums here...

1. Using AirVPN...anytime I restart the docker or stop/start, the Web UI becomes unavailable. I must to delete and re-add my AirVPN .ovpn file, then start the docker again. Is there something I have misconfigured that would be causing this? The log says I have a missing parameter or config issue in my .ovpn each time, but nothing has changed on the file.

2. I can't get the move after download to work. I have the folders set properly under preferences -> downloads in the Web UI. The initial download is accurate, and hits the incomplete folder of my choosing. However, it doesn't move the newly downloaded torrent folder/files to my downloaded path, which looks to be accurately set as well. I don't see any errors when ran with debug turned on and off.

First of all @binhex , thanks for this awesome work.

I looked into my logs today and saw this error alot:

2017-02-27 14:51:42,641 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[warn] Cannot determine external IP address from 'https://ipinfo.io/', trying alternative site...

2017-02-27 14:52:44,113 DEBG 'deluge-script' stderr output:
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 5

I think this results in my docker not being able to autostart after reboot, i can start it manually tho.

The error is still there even after i get it running and the logs are spammed with it.

Might you have any clue as to what is causing it?

Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, shaakz said:

First of all @binhex , thanks for this awesome work.

I looked into my logs today and saw this error alot:

2017-02-27 14:51:42,641 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[warn] Cannot determine external IP address from 'https://ipinfo.io/', trying alternative site...

2017-02-27 14:52:44,113 DEBG 'deluge-script' stderr output:
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 5

I think this results in my docker not being able to autostart after reboot, i can start it manually tho.

The error is still there even after i get it running and the logs are spammed with it.

Might you have any clue as to what is causing it?

Thanks in advance.

ok so the issue your seeing in your log should be fixed (image just built), however this would not stop the container from connecting, so as Gog mentioned we would need to see your supervisord.log file located in /config on the host side to identify the issue.

I'm having trouble setting up the daemon, please help! I have delugevpn running on my server, all good and well, but I'm at about 600 torrents on the box, and the webui is pretty terrible now, so I want to setup the daemon to connect with other deluge clients. Well I turned on remote connection, and restarted, no dice. Well the setting didn't stay on, so I changed it to true in the conf file. No problem, but still, doesn't work. I can't figure out what's happening, my deluge client just doesn't detect the box on the network at all. Any help would be great.