[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

29 minutes ago, mr-hexen said:

This was fixed in Sonarr on Mar 7, 2017:

2.0.0.4645 - Mar 7 2017 Installed

Fixed Deluge 1.3.14 API support due to changed json-rpc checks. (hotfix)
Fixed DownloadStation client stuck in infinite loop in some cases.
Fixed DownloadStation client failing if non-bt/nzb downloads exist.
Fixed NZBGet delete:scan treated as failure

Know where to find SickRage's in-depth changelog? All I could seem to find was last updated in February.

Just now, chesh said:

Know where to find SickRage's in-depth changelog? All I could seem to find was last updated in February.

Nope, i moved away from SickRage a year or two ago and never looked back. I think this was the era where their updates / development was stale..Sonarr has been ROCK solid and a pleasure.

So right now I'm having 2 small issues if you don't count the Transdrone issue reported above.  Thanks for that btw, I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why it wouldn't connect.  Anyway, I know this is tied to Sonarr (linuxserver image) so I apologize in advance if it's not a Deluge issue. For the record Sonarr is up to date on 2.0.0.4648 (3.9.2017).  Deluge is on 1.3.14.

1. Sonarr adds the torrent to Deluge and labels it properly.  Once the download is done it's not completing the download handling as it does with a nzb by moving and renaming the file.  As a result the show is never moved to the proper TV Show directory that I have defined in Sonarr.  I must be missing a setting on Deluge or Sonarr somewhere.  The downloaded files are located within a directory of the download in my designated /data directory. 
  2. I've added and enabled the Auto Remove Plus plugin for Deluge.  Once the ratio or seed time is met I have it set to remove the torrent.  Instead of removing the torrent it's just pausing the torrent.  I need to go back and manually remove it myself.  Any idea what might be going on here?

Any enlightenment would greatly be appreciated.  Is it wrong that I enjoy playing with setting up these Docker containers more than watching TV Shows or a movie?  Kinda funny actually.

39 minutes ago, clambert said:
  1. Sonarr adds the torrent to Deluge and labels it properly.  Once the download is done it's not completing the download handling as it does with a nzb by moving and renaming the file.  As a result the show is never moved to the proper TV Show directory that I have defined in Sonarr.  I must be missing a setting on Deluge or Sonarr somewhere.  The downloaded files are located within a directory of the download in my designated /data directory. 

I haven't had issues with this personnaly but while setting up I read that the path to your downloaded files needs to be the same in both container.  Same path, same container path

I haven't looked at the API but I'm guessing that when Deluge talks to sonarr to say the file is ready, the filepath is sent and if it doesn't match sonarr is left swinging in the wind.

As for the remove, I just use the label option -> remove at ratio but I'm not sure that really works yet

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Gog said:

I haven't had issues with this personnaly but while setting up I read that the path to your downloaded files needs to be the same in both container.  Same path, same container path

I haven't looked at the API but I'm guessing that when Deluge talks to sonarr to say the file is ready, the filepath is sent and if it doesn't match sonarr is left swinging in the wind.

As for the remove, I just use the label option -> remove at ratio but I'm not sure that really works yet

Once I added /data to the Sonarr Docker, exactly as it was setup in Deluge, it worked just fine.  I also added the label option so we'll see if that works for removing the torrent.  Regardless, I'm happy.  Thank you very much for the help!

On 2/12/2017 at 4:13 PM, binhex said:

thanks to death.hilarious for the heads up on the pia api change, i have now included the switch over to the shiny new pia api used to assign a port forward, if any issues then please let me know.

link for anybody interested;- https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/23431/new-pia-port-forwarding-api

In the DelugeVPN log, I found that the following message shows up every 30-60 seconds:

2017-03-09 22:29:18,516 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
Setting listen_ports to (6890, 6890)..
Configuration value successfully updated.

2017-03-09 22:29:18,542 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge started

2017-03-09 22:29:48,672 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[warn] Port forwarding is already activated on this connection, has expired, or you are NOT connected to a PIA region that supports port forwarding

It seems like this is the same issue but I'm not completely sure.  My best guess is there is a setting I'm missing or a step I missed to fix this issue.  

I use PIA and have attached the log file from tonight.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Scott

supervisord.log

Starting with a couple of updates ago, I'm getting a permissions error for the plugins, which prevents any of them from loading. Attached relevant part of the log.

The /home/nobody/.cache folder is owned by root:root. Changing this to nobody:users and restarting the container fixes things, but it would be great if you could have a look and see what's causing it.

deluge.log

In the DelugeVPN log, I found that the following message shows up every 30-60 seconds:
2017-03-09 22:29:18,516 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
Setting listen_ports to (6890, 6890)..
Configuration value successfully updated.

2017-03-09 22:29:18,542 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge started

2017-03-09 22:29:48,672 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[warn] Port forwarding is already activated on this connection, has expired, or you are NOT connected to a PIA region that supports port forwarding

It seems like this is the same issue but I'm not completely sure.  My best guess is there is a setting I'm missing or a step I missed to fix this issue.  

I use PIA and have attached the log file from tonight.

Thanks in advance for any help!!
Scott
supervisord.log

You need to set VPN_REMOTE with a server that supports port forwarding. The one you have set from Texas does not. None of the US server do. Check the list on the PIA website.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I am relatively new to UnRaid and Binhex's wonderful DelugeVPN but I am experiencing a problem which has left me stumped but I just know it's going to be a simple fix !

I have Binhex's Deluge VPN set-up on UnRaid 6.3.2 and when I try and start the WebUI it comes up with a "page not found" message. If I set the VPN_ENABLED=NO it works fine. All indications suggest a problem with my PIA user / password but I have triple checked these and they are fine.

I have checked my default gateway, which sits at 192.168.1.254 so the LAN_NETWORK looks ok, so I am stumped for now......the logs show it seems to be stuck with :

2017-03-10 09:49:44,091 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] Waiting for valid IP address from tunnel...

Fri Mar 10 09:49:44 2017 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]213.120.234.114:1198
Fri Mar 10 09:49:44 2017 UDP link local: (not bound)
Fri Mar 10 09:49:44 2017 UDP link remote: [AF_INET]213.120.234.114:1198

The deployed ports shows :

deployed host ports ...
  crashplan4242 4243 4280 4239
  plexmediaserver
  netdata
  binhex-delugevpn8112 58846 58946 58946 8118

I have attached logs and hope that someone can point out the glaring obvious mistake I have made :)

Cheers!

delugevpn-log.txt

ifconfig.txt

Supervisord.log.txt

@watsoma if you have set your LAN_NETWORK to 192.168.1.254, which is kinda implied by your quote below, then this is incorrect, click on link in my sig to vpn docker faq, its in there as to how to identify and set it correctly.

which sits at 192.168.1.254 so the LAN_NETWORK 

hmm just seen your screenshot it looks ok.

Edited by binhex
4 minutes ago, binhex said:

@watsoma if you have set your LAN_NETWORK to 192.168.1.254, which is kinda implied by your quote below, then this is incorrect, click on link in my sig to vpn docker faq, its in there as to how to identify and set it correctly.

sorry, I should have clarified :

The router sits at 192.168.1.254 and the UnRaid server is static at 192.168.1.75. The netmask according to the ifconfig from UnRaid is 255.255.255.0 so I have the LAN_NETWORK set to 192.168.1.0/24.

Just now, watsoma said:

sorry, I should have clarified :

The router sits at 192.168.1.254 and the UnRaid server is static at 192.168.1.75. The netmask according to the ifconfig from UnRaid is 255.255.255.0 so I have the LAN_NETWORK set to 192.168.1.0/24.

yep thats fine, that is correctly configured, still going through your logs...

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

yep thats fine, that is correctly configured, still going through your logs...

Ya nothing is jumping out from the logs for me either...do you have any special characters or spaces in your username / password? Verify the username / password on the pia website too.

The log's saying using previous IP, never seen that message before.

Edited by mr-hexen
Just now, mr-hexen said:

Ya nothing is jumping out from the logs for me either...do you have any special characters or spaces in your username / password?

The log's saying using previous IP, never seen that message before.

The username is standard from PIA (i.e. P followed by 7 numbers) and the password just contains standard A-Z (mixed case) and 0-9. I had noted that special characters can sometimes cause issues so I avoided them....

13 minutes ago, watsoma said:

The username is standard from PIA (i.e. P followed by 7 numbers) and the password just contains standard A-Z (mixed case) and 0-9. I had noted that special characters can sometimes cause issues so I avoided them....

it looks like you have dns hijacking going on (prbably your ISP), here is name resolution output from your log:-

2017-03-10 09:49:43,919 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, rcode: NOERROR, id: 51772
;; flags: qr rd ; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;; nl.privateinternetaccess.com.        IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
nl.privateinternetaccess.com.   30      IN      A       213.120.234.114
nl.privateinternetaccess.com.   30      IN      A       213.120.234.150

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:

;; Query time: 21 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8
;; WHEN: Fri Mar 10 09:49:43 2017
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 78

and here is what it should look like:-

2017-03-09 21:15:09,216 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, rcode: NOERROR, id: 11197
;; flags: qr rd ra ; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 13, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0 
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;; nl.privateinternetaccess.com.    IN    A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
nl.privateinternetaccess.com.    299    IN    A    46.166.138.130
nl.privateinternetaccess.com.    299    IN    A    109.201.154.148
nl.privateinternetaccess.com.    299    IN    A    109.201.154.153
nl.privateinternetaccess.com.    299    IN    A    46.166.138.137
nl.privateinternetaccess.com.    299    IN    A    46.166.188.198
nl.privateinternetaccess.com.    299    IN    A    46.166.138.142
nl.privateinternetaccess.com.    299    IN    A    109.201.138.247
nl.privateinternetaccess.com.    299    IN    A    46.166.188.223
nl.privateinternetaccess.com.    299    IN    A    46.166.138.168
nl.privateinternetaccess.com.    299    IN    A    46.166.186.214
nl.privateinternetaccess.com.    299    IN    A    185.107.44.38
nl.privateinternetaccess.com.    299    IN    A    46.166.190.214
nl.privateinternetaccess.com.    299    IN    A    109.201.152.240

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:

;; Query time: 33 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8
;; WHEN: Thu Mar  9 21:15:09 2017
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 254

notice the ip's returned in your case is significantly shorter, i think you will find the two ip's your seeing listed are most probably your ISP's name servers. 

confirmed ip address 213.120.234.114 is owned by BT.

so you can try switching your dns from BT to say google, you will need to do this for unraid (if defined) and on your router.

Edited by binhex
  • Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, binhex said:

it looks like you have dns hijacking going on (prbably your ISP), here is name resolution output from your log:-

and here is what it should look like:-

notice the ip's returned is significantly shorter, i think you will find the two ip's your seeing listed are most probably your ISP's name servers. 

confirmed ip address 213.120.234.114 is owned by BT.

so you can try switching your dns from BT to say google, you will need to do this for unraid (if defined) and on your router.

Thanks - I'll give this a shot and see if that resolves it.

Thanks Binhex - BT were in fact hijacking the DNS.

I set the DNS in both unRaid and at the router to use Google and it worked a treat :)  

One thing of note for any other users who have a similar issue; if you use a BT Hub 4 (like I have), then you can't override the DNS settings. You will need to either use a dynamic DNS site or use another router which will allow you to configure the DNS. You will also need to turn off all the BT Parental controls on your BT account to get this working. If you have a BT Hub 5, i believe you can override the DNS......

Luckily, I have a spare Netgear router so all working now.

Many thanks for the speedy responses  :)

6 hours ago, wirenut said:

You need to set VPN_REMOTE with a server that supports port forwarding. The one you have set from Texas does not. None of the US server do. Check the list on the PIA website.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Thanks!!  Using the VPN_REMOTE that came in the original template (nl.privateinternetaccess.com) fixed the issue!

Anyone know how I can solve for this:

/usr/bin/nginx: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied

If I disable apparmor it does work, so I guess I need to edit a profile maybe?

Any help appreciated 

21 hours ago, Hansel said:

@BakedPizza That's great, thanks a lot for that. My only issue now is that apparmor seems to be blocking something to do with nginx.

/usr/bin/nginx: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: Permission denied

I did disable apparmor temporarily and it worked, so If I can fix that I'm good to go!

Where do you see this? Inside the container or on your Synology NAS? I'm not seeing any AppArmor issues...

Just now, BakedPizza said:

Where do you see this? Inside the container or on your Synology NAS? I'm not seeing any AppArmor issues...

Hmm.  It just shows up in the Log of the container (and the supervisor.log file).  Everything will "boot" up, establish a VPN connection etc, then right at the end it'll give this error and crash out (I assume).