[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

One more issue and then I'm set. It's been running just fine, but suddenly I can't get past the login screen. If I switch the VPN to off, I can log in just fine. But when I turn it back on, I either get a super slow load or I'm unable to get past the login screen. 

1 hour ago, naturalcarr said:

Hello, when  connect to my server remotely through openvp (using peter_sm's openvpn TUN server plugin), I can't access the webui of this DelugeVPN. Is it possible to both be using the openvpn server hosted on my machine and access DelugeVPN?.

I don't use the plugin, but I use the OpenVPN docker.  And if I am outside my network and connect via VPN to the server, I have no issues accessing the DelugeVPN webgui.

Anyone know of a fix for the webui loading but not letting me past the login screen? AirVPN shows that I'm connected and my trackers are showing that I'm seeding. It's just locked me out of of the webui, even after entering the correct password. Works without a hitch if I disable the VPN. 

Everything was peachy with my delugevpn and then I tried to change the port from 8112 to 8113 and ended up messing up WebGUI access. Upon changing the port the docker immediately disappeared from my docker containers page. I tried a couple things then hit advanced and removed the orphaned docker. I tried to reinstall using the "my-delugevpn" template. I tried going to the WebGUI and it wouldn't load. I just immediately goes to a "This page can't be reached". I tried removing and reinstalling, this time using the "binhex-delugevpn" template. Same problem. I tried changing the port and accessing using that port. No luck. I tried killing and removing all docker containers from the command line and then re-added each. ALL work after being re-added except delugevpn. It seems that the 8112 is lockedup or something from the original installation? Oh this could be 100% unrelated but I considered switching to rtorrentvpn since I couldn't get deluge working. I tried installing and accessing the WebGUI. Wouldn't work. Again though, all 5 of my other dockers' WebGUI's are loading no problem. Please help. Thanks!

On 16/03/2017 at 5:35 AM, ysu said:

Hm...I've looked, and I'm lost.  If you have some insight on this one, please help.

ok can you please attach the full /config/supervisord.log file here, make sure to remove any username's and passwords.

On 17/03/2017 at 0:13 AM, drogg said:

One more issue and then I'm set. It's been running just fine, but suddenly I can't get past the login screen. If I switch the VPN to off, I can log in just fine. But when I turn it back on, I either get a super slow load or I'm unable to get past the login screen. 

im afraid im at a loss as to what is going on here!, are you saying the password changes for the webui based on whether the vpn is enabled or not? or do you mean you cant access the webui at all when the vpn is enabled (as in 404 when you attempt to access the webui)?.

On 16/03/2017 at 8:47 PM, FRiZZLEuK said:

@[email protected] I think I may also have a similar issue to you. The VPN connects fine and the Web UI launches but none of my torrents connect, when I get in the container I'm not able to ping anywhere outbound but when I connect to the same VPN on my Mac it works fine.

what vpn provider are you with?, if its not PIA then you will need to setup a port forward manually, if it is PIA then you need to ensure the endpoint your connected to allows port forwarding, also check the paths are correctly defined in the deluge webui, you should be pointing at /data for incomplete/completed

On 18/03/2017 at 0:54 PM, mysteriouscrag said:

Everything was peachy with my delugevpn and then I tried to change the port from 8112 to 8113 and ended up messing up WebGUI access. Upon changing the port the docker immediately disappeared from my docker containers page. I tried a couple things then hit advanced and removed the orphaned docker. I tried to reinstall using the "my-delugevpn" template. I tried going to the WebGUI and it wouldn't load. I just immediately goes to a "This page can't be reached". I tried removing and reinstalling, this time using the "binhex-delugevpn" template. Same problem. I tried changing the port and accessing using that port. No luck. I tried killing and removing all docker containers from the command line and then re-added each. ALL work after being re-added except delugevpn. It seems that the 8112 is lockedup or something from the original installation? Oh this could be 100% unrelated but I considered switching to rtorrentvpn since I couldn't get deluge working. I tried installing and accessing the WebGUI. Wouldn't work. Again though, all 5 of my other dockers' WebGUI's are loading no problem. Please help. Thanks!

OK let's start with the log, please post the log found in /config/supervisord.log make sure to remove all ref to username and password.

2 hours ago, binhex said:

OK let's start with the log, please post the log found in /config/supervisord.log make sure to remove all ref to username and password.

Okay, I figured it out. I noticed that I could get to the WebUI if I turned off "Enable VPN" in the container settings. That finally gave me the idea to compare it to my SabnzbdVPN settings and I noticed that my PIA username in SabnzbdVPN was different than the one in DelugeVPN. I had the wrong PIA username/password pair. So stupid. Thanks for your help and thanks for the dockers!

After an automatic update, I lost everything in my Deluge docker. It looks like a fresh install now. Can I recover it somehow? Also how would I make backups?

This is how /config looks like:

3bc185ac232fc6c073cc6876b2ceacc3.png

My torrents, openvpn profile and plugins are still there, so I guess it's possible to recover it somehow?

I looked inside core.conf and core.conf~ and neither has my settings.

Thanks

Edited by vmunich
8 hours ago, binhex said:

ok first issue is your lan_network value, is wrong, taken from the log:-

LAN_NETWORK defined as '10.0.0.10/24'

click on the link in my sig to vpn faq, there is a question in there with examples as to how to identify this correctly.

Thanks. 

My netmask is 255.255.255.0, so now the lan_network is 10.0.0.0/24.

However, I still can't connect to deluge on the server after restarting it.

Here is the current supervisord.log attached, please have a look if you can find any other stupid mistakes.  I went through it but to my untrained eye it looks ok.

Edit: hm...in my ifconfig this is what I'm getting.  Is this normal / correct?  (i.e. the docker seems to be on a different network)

ifconfig
docker0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 172.17.0.1  netmask 255.255.0.0  broadcast 0.0.0.0

eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 10.0.0.10  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 0.0.0.0

supervisord.log

Edited by ysu
11 hours ago, binhex said:

im afraid im at a loss as to what is going on here!, are you saying the password changes for the webui based on whether the vpn is enabled or not? or do you mean you cant access the webui at all when the vpn is enabled (as in 404 when you attempt to access the webui)?.

The latter. The webui just completely fails to load when the VPN is enabled. Things are still downloading/seeding just fine and AirVPN shows me as connected but I can't access the webui unless I disable the VPN. 

12 hours ago, ysu said:

Thanks. 

My netmask is 255.255.255.0, so now the lan_network is 10.0.0.0/24.

However, I still can't connect to deluge on the server after restarting it.

Here is the current supervisord.log attached, please have a look if you can find any other stupid mistakes.  I went through it but to my untrained eye it looks ok.

Edit: hm...in my ifconfig this is what I'm getting.  Is this normal / correct?  (i.e. the docker seems to be on a different network)

ifconfig
docker0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 172.17.0.1  netmask 255.255.0.0  broadcast 0.0.0.0

eth0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 10.0.0.10  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 0.0.0.0

supervisord.log

the above for docker0 and eth0 is absolutely normal, ok lets turn up the logging, can you please set env var DEBUG value to "true", and then repost the log.

12 hours ago, drogg said:

The latter. The webui just completely fails to load when the VPN is enabled. Things are still downloading/seeding just fine and AirVPN shows me as connected but I can't access the webui unless I disable the VPN. 

Are you attempting to connect to the webui from inside of your LAN or outside? i.e. over the internet, please also post your supervisord.log file

On 3/21/2017 at 6:34 AM, binhex said:

Are you attempting to connect to the webui from inside of your LAN or outside? i.e. over the internet, please also post your supervisord.log file

Inside the LAN currently. Supervisord.log attached (I assume you want the whole thing?)

Edited by drogg
22 minutes ago, drogg said:

Inside the LAN currently. Supervisord.log attached (I assume you want the whole thing?)

supervisord.log

ok so just to be sure, your attempting to connect to the web ui using an internal ip though right?, not attempting to access the web ui using your external static ip from inside your lan?.

also just to confirm your lan network is 192.168.1.x right?

17 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok so just to be sure, your attempting to connect to the web ui using an internal ip though right?, not attempting to access the web ui using your external static ip from inside your lan?.

also just to confirm your lan network is 192.168.1.x right?

I try to connect via 192.168.0.103:8112 and get no webui if VPN is enabled. If it's disabled, I get the webui just like normal. 

1 minute ago, drogg said:

I try to connect via 192.168.0.103:8112 and get no webui if VPN is enabled. If it's disabled, I get the webui just like normal. 

thats your issue then, spot the mistake, from your log:-

LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.1.0/24'

from your quote:-

I try to connect via 192.168.0.103:8112

click on vpn faq in my sig and scroll down to the section talking about defining lan network with cidr mask.

2 hours ago, binhex said:

thats your issue then, spot the mistake, from your log:-

LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.1.0/24'

from your quote:-

click on vpn faq in my sig and scroll down to the section talking about defining lan network with cidr mask.

Interesting. How difficult is it to fix that? I'm so confused as to why that would make a difference. Webui worked up until a few days ago (with VPN Enabled) and then suddenly stopped. 

1 minute ago, drogg said:

Interesting. How difficult is it to fix that? I'm so confused as to why that would make a difference. Webui worked up until a few days ago (with VPN Enabled) and then suddenly stopped. 

its very easy to fix if you follow the steps shown in the vpn faq, just to be clear this isnt a coding issue its a configuration problem, i cant explain why it "suddenly stopped" working but its def needs to be corrected.

@binhex Thanks for the response. I was finally able to get it working by opening the correct ports on my new router. I'd forgotten that I'd set up port forwarding on my old router. For some reason I was able to connect fine on BT Broadband with the BT Home Hub 5 for nearly a year and then it suddenly started the DNS Hijacking. 

Managed to get everything running fine now. Thanks again for the awesome container/s. 

Edited by FRiZZLEuK