[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

On 3/20/2017 at 6:42 AM, binhex said:

what vpn provider are you with?, if its not PIA then you will need to setup a port forward manually, if it is PIA then you need to ensure the endpoint your connected to allows port forwarding, also check the paths are correctly defined in the deluge webui, you should be pointing at /data for incomplete/completed

I'm not sure I understand.  I use an up script on OpenVPN to query PIA for the port number, and then push that to Deluge.  Using this docker, is it no longer necessary to do that?

6 hours ago, dukiethecorgi said:

I'm not sure I understand.  I use an up script on OpenVPN to query PIA for the port number, and then push that to Deluge.  Using this docker, is it no longer necessary to do that?

its never been necessary to do this for any of my vpn dockers if your using provider PIA, i do all the setting of incoming port for you, all you need to do is ensure your connecting to an endpoint that supports port forwarding.

12 hours ago, binhex said:

you've cut the log short, please re-post.

Interesting you say that; I did not edit anything off the end.  My procedure is stop/delete log/start  - and then replace the sensitive info in file and send.

Anyway, here's another one, hopefully it's better. (it's certainly longer)

Edit: here's one a bit longer even, after a few minues of running.

supervisord.log

Edited by ysu
12 hours ago, ysu said:

Interesting you say that; I did not edit anything off the end.  My procedure is stop/delete log/start  - and then replace the sensitive info in file and send.

Anyway, here's another one, hopefully it's better. (it's certainly longer)

Edit: here's one a bit longer even, after a few minues of running.

supervisord.log

yeah sorry i assumed you did the cutting, ok the new log is better :-), so i cant really see what endpoint your attempting to connect to as you have removed it (which is fair enough), but looking at the dns lookup returned it looks like your only seeing a single A record, i would guess from that that your probably another victim of dns hijacking from your isp, can you pm me the name of your endpoint and i will see what i get as a result.

Hi All,

I too was having the issue where i couldn't connect to the deluge webui port 8112 if i had vpn set to true.   

looking at the logs in debug mode, everything seemed fine, but it was hanging trying to get an ip address from my vpn provider.

after banging my head against the wall for some time, i noticed that the default port for my vpn provider was 1194, and NOT 1198 which is default in the docker config.

After setting the vpn port to 1194 the app works like a charm.   Hopefully this helps others with the same issue.  Many thanks Binhex for an awesome package and all your work in helping others.

7 minutes ago, mr-hexen said:

Try turning PRIVOXY off..

No Luck. Attached is what the log says when privoxy is turned off. I took a look at my full log and noticed that ater OpenVPN starts it never makes it to starting Deluge WebUI. Below is what I saw for a successful start (even with privoxy turned on)

2017-03-10 19:05:43,021 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] OpenVPN started

2017-03-10 19:05:44,840 DEBG 'privoxy-script' stdout output:
[info] Configuring Privoxy...

2017-03-10 19:05:44,852 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge not running
[info] Deluge listening interface IP 0.0.0.0 and VPN provider IP 10.8.8.11 different, marking for reconfigure

2017-03-10 19:05:44,853 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Deluge...

2017-03-10 19:05:44,876 DEBG 'privoxy-script' stdout output:
[info] All checks complete, starting Privoxy...

2017-03-10 19:05:44,879 DEBG 'privoxy-script' stderr output:
2017-03-10 19:05:44.879 2ac4d80eae00 Info: Privoxy version 3.0.26
2017-03-10 19:05:44.879 2ac4d80eae00 Info: Program name: /usr/bin/privoxy

2017-03-10 19:05:45,114 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge listening interface currently defined as 10.8.8.11
[info] Deluge listening interface will be changed to 10.8.8.11
[info] Saving changes to Deluge config file /config/core.conf...

2017-03-10 19:05:45,519 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge started

2017-03-10 19:05:45,974 DEBG 'deluge-web-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge webui...

supervisord2.log

12 minutes ago, freshjms said:

No Luck. Attached is what the log says when privoxy is turned off. I took a look at my full log and noticed that ater OpenVPN starts it never makes it to starting Deluge WebUI. Below is what I saw for a successful start (even with privoxy turned on)

Maybe the image is corrupt..have you tried deleting the image and re-adding it via the my- templates?

• Upvote 1

I really love this, thanks so much for creating it!  It took me a bit to get it running because I didn't fully realise that I needed to use /data in my deluge settings and not the share name from unraid.  When I fixed that, it all started working great!   I do have a question about the VPN support.   I use PIA and had it running in a VM on my windows desktop prior to setting this up on unraid.  The PIA app would lose the VPN connection every few days or so and sometimes restarting the app wasn't enough and a reboot was required to get the VPN to reconnect.   All torrenting would stop in those cases and rebooting the VM wasn't that big a hassle so I never looked into it further.   I am curious if there is a way to tell that the VPN connection has died when using the docker?  Thanks!

I really love this, thanks so much for creating it!  It took me a bit to get it running because I didn't fully realise that I needed to use /data in my deluge settings and not the share name from unraid.  When I fixed that, it all started working great!   I do have a question about the VPN support.   I use PIA and had it running in a VM on my windows desktop prior to setting this up on unraid.  The PIA app would lose the VPN connection every few days or so and sometimes restarting the app wasn't enough and a reboot was required to get the VPN to reconnect.   All torrenting would stop in those cases and rebooting the VM wasn't that big a hassle so I never looked into it further.   I am curious if there is a way to tell that the VPN connection has died when using the docker?  Thanks!

You don't need to worry about it, auto reconnection and IP leakage protection is all done for you.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, iceburg said:

Hello,

The container appears to be running but I can't connect to the webgui. It should be 'hostip:8112' correct? 

I attached my log file.

supervisord.log

Everything seems to be working fine until this point:

2017-03-26 00:47:15,080 DEBG 'privoxy-script' stderr output:
mkdir: 
2017-03-26 00:47:15,081 DEBG 'privoxy-script' stderr output:
cannot create directory ‘/config/privoxy’
: Permission denied

Try turning PRIVOXY off and restarting the container.

4 hours ago, mr-hexen said:

Everything seems to be working fine until this point:

2017-03-26 00:47:15,080 DEBG 'privoxy-script' stderr output:
mkdir: 
cannot create directory ‘/config/privoxy’
: Permission denied

Try turning PRIVOXY off and restarting the container.

Turned off PRIVOXY and restarted the container.. but I still can't access the webgui. Attached a new log

Any other ideas?

edit: this is on synology dsm 6.0.2

edit2: Got it working. 'Root' was the owner of the deluge config folder and I changed it to 'admin'. Now files are being created in that folder after running.

supervisord.log

Edited by iceburg
Fixed