[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

1 minute ago, binhex said:

hi, its not technically possible for the deluge daemon and webui to start if the tunnel isnt up, its coded in such a way that this just cant happen. secondly its secure with ip tables to prevent ip leakage when the tunnel does go down, so in essence it does have a kill switch built in. so  please could you supply me with screenshots of your deluge webui showing your isp's ip address, and supervisord.log file (located in /config) and your docker run command, pm me these if you feel uncomfortable with posting these here

Im assuming you dont have 'VPN_ENABLED' set to 'no' right?.

I will provide you the info in PM if I manage to recreate the problem. I have VPN_ENABLED set to 1.

11 hours ago, binhex said:

hi, its not technically possible for the deluge daemon and webui to start if the tunnel isnt up, its coded in such a way that this just cant happen. secondly its secure with ip tables to prevent ip leakage when the tunnel does go down, so in essence it does have a kill switch built in. so  please could you supply me with screenshots of your deluge webui showing your isp's ip address, and supervisord.log file (located in /config) and your docker run command, pm me these if you feel uncomfortable with posting these here

Im assuming you dont have 'VPN_ENABLED' set to 'no' right?.

Just to reassure everybody, i have just spent several hours debugging this issue, and it turned out to be a PEBKAC issue, the user wasn't really paying attention and thought his ISP allocated IP was the same as the IP shown in deluge, it turns out he wasnt looking too closely and was just looking at the first octet, doh!, panic over.

30 minutes ago, binhex said:

Just to reassure everybody, i have just spent several hours debugging this issue, and it turned out to be a PEBKAC issue, the user wasn't really paying attention and thought his ISP allocated IP was the same as the IP shown in deluge, it turns out he wasnt looking too closely and was just looking at the first octet, doh!, panic over.

I wasn't panicing.  I trusted you mate..... B|

Hi binhex,

First of I would like to say that I´m new to this whole Docker thing, been running FreeNAS for about a week. I saw your Docker and thought I would give it a go. Tried to follow your great instructions on running it with a custom VPN setting. But I´m stuck. Been trying to read up on what the issue could be, but I´m not able to find an answer, hence I guess it might be a simple misstake somewhere. 

This is where I get stuck when starting the docker:

2017-04-12 18:39:26,796 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
--------------------
[info] Starting OpenVPN...

2017-04-12 18:39:26,801 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in /config/openvpn/PORT.ovpn:23: script-security (2.4.0)

2017-04-12 18:39:26,802 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Use --help for more information.

2017-04-12 18:39:26,803 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] OpenVPN started

Line 23 in my PORT.ovpn file is:

auth-user-pass credentials.conf

This file contains the values of VPN_USER and VPN_PASS

I have attached the log file from my latest attempt to start the Docker. 

If you need any other information, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and help.

supervisord.log

I can't say I've seen this running on FreeNAS but openVPN is not initializing correctly.

It looks like you are missing environment variables:

VPN_ENABLED : 'yes'
DEBUG: true
VPN_PROV 
VPN_REMOTE
VPN_PORT
VPN_PROTOCOL (custom/pia/airvpn)
LAN_NETWORK
VPN_USER 
VPN_PASS 
VPN_DEVICE_TYPE 

I think user and password are needed because the script generates credentials.conf every time.  It resets permissions on my copy anyway...

Be careful if you post debug logs, your use and password will be in there if you don't remove them manually

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered but I'm not finding it.

When I first setup this docker I had no idea what I was doing, and largely still don't. But I did not set up a /config directory for binhex-delugevpn, instead I let it install directly in my appData directory. Now I have several additional dockers (all in their own directories) and I would like to move the delugevpn appdata files to their own directory. I can obviously manually create the directory and then in the docker configuration point the /config to the new directory. My question is which files/folders do I need to move into that new binhex-delugevpn directory so that I keep all my active torrents and settings? I see there are at least a few files from the other dockers and Community Applications that are in the root appData directory. I don't want to move those and break something else. Maybe a simple screen shot of the contents of a well used delugevpn /config directory would let me pick the correct files to move.

Thanks in advance, and as always thanks to binhex for all the great dockers.

2 hours ago, eb3k said:

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered but I'm not finding it.

When I first setup this docker I had no idea what I was doing, and largely still don't. But I did not set up a /config directory for binhex-delugevpn, instead I let it install directly in my appData directory. Now I have several additional dockers (all in their own directories) and I would like to move the delugevpn appdata files to their own directory. I can obviously manually create the directory and then in the docker configuration point the /config to the new directory. My question is which files/folders do I need to move into that new binhex-delugevpn directory so that I keep all my active torrents and settings? I see there are at least a few files from the other dockers and Community Applications that are in the root appData directory. I don't want to move those and break something else. Maybe a simple screen shot of the contents of a well used delugevpn /config directory would let me pick the correct files to move.

Thanks in advance, and as always thanks to binhex for all the great dockers.

My "appdata" folder contains only directories for docker config files. I've attached a printout of the binhex-delugevpn directory.

binhex-delugevpn.txt

5 minutes ago, cpshoemake said:

My "appdata" folder contains only directories for docker config files. I've attached a printout of the binhex-delugevpn directory.

binhex-delugevpn.txt

Thanks! This is a great start. I can see we have some different plug-ins. I can match most of my files up with your list but I have a few files I'm still not sure what they belong to. This should help narrow down to just a few I need to research further.

I'm trying to run this Docker inside an Ubuntu 16.10 VirtualBox VM on my Windows machine. After following the instructions I don't see anything in the debug output about the VPN or or PRIVOXY even though I have them both enabled from the environment varaibles. I also don't see a "config/openvpn" folder in the configuration directory mounted in /data/deluge/config even after running the container. Any assist would be greatly appreciated.

I can reach the deluge UI so that seems to be working properly, but I haven't tried to add any torrents to it.

Here's my docker log for the startup

media@media-VirtualBox:~$ docker logs arch-deluge 
2017-04-17 20:34:55.458777 [info] Starting Supervisor...
2017-04-17 20:34:57,803 CRIT Set uid to user 0
2017-04-17 20:34:57,803 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/deluge.conf" during parsing
2017-04-17 20:34:57,815 INFO supervisord started with pid 5
2017-04-17 20:34:58,819 INFO spawned: 'deluge-script' with pid 44
2017-04-17 20:34:58,848 INFO spawned: 'deluge-web-script' with pid 45
2017-04-17 20:34:58,871 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge config file already exists, skipping copy

2017-04-17 20:34:58,881 INFO success: deluge-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2017-04-17 20:34:58,882 INFO success: deluge-web-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2017-04-17 20:34:58,885 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge daemon...

2017-04-17 20:35:02,799 DEBG 'deluge-web-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge webui...

Here's the environment variables that I set.

media@media-VirtualBox:~$ docker exec arch-deluge env
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
HOSTNAME=d3e21fb63431
VPN_ENABLED=yes
VPN_USER=*****
VPN_PASS=*****
VPN_REMOTE=america.vpn.airdns.org
VPN_PORT=443
VPN_PROTOCOL=udp
VPN_DEVICE_TYPE=tun
VPN_PROV=airvpn
ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes
LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24
NAME_SERVERS=8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4
DEBUG=true
UMASK=000
PUID=1000
PGID=1000
HOME=/home/nobody
TERM=xterm
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8

Here's the systemd unit definition that runs the docker as a service

media@media-VirtualBox:~$ docker exec arch-deluge env

[Unit]
Description=arch-deluge in Docker container
After=docker.service
Requires=docker.service

[Service]
TimeoutStartSec=0
Restart=always
ExecStartPre=-/usr/bin/docker stop arch-deluge
ExecStartPre=-/usr/bin/docker rm arch-deluge
ExecStartPre=-/usr/bin/docker pull binhex/arch-deluge
ExecStart=/bin/bash -c "/usr/bin/docker run --rm -t \
    -p 8112:8112 \
    -p 8118:8118 \
    -p 58846:58846 \
    -p 58946:58946 \
    -e VPN_ENABLED=yes \
    -e VPN_USER=**** \
    -e VPN_PASS=**** \
    -e VPN_REMOTE=america.vpn.airdns.org \
    -e VPN_PORT=443 \
    -e VPN_PROTOCOL=udp \
    -e VPN_DEVICE_TYPE=tun \
    -e VPN_PROV=airvpn \
    -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes \
    -e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.1.0/24 \
    -e NAME_SERVERS=8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4 \
    -e DEBUG=true \
    -e UMASK=000 \
    -e PUID=$(/usr/bin/id -u media) \
    -e PGID=$(/usr/bin/id -g media) \
    -v /data/deluge/data:/data \
    -v /data/deluge/config:/config \
    -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
    --cap-add=NET_ADMIN \
    --name arch-deluge binhex/arch-deluge "
ExecStartPost=-/bin/bash -c "sleep 10; chown -R media:media /data"
ExecStop=-/usr/bin/docker stop -t 3 arch-deluge
ExecStop=-/usr/bin/docker rm arch-deluge
Restart=always
RestartSec=10s

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Finally, here's the supervisor d.log output.

Created by...
___.   .__       .__                   
\_ |__ |__| ____ |  |__   ____ ___  ___
 | __ \|  |/    \|  |  \_/ __ \\  \/  /
 | \_\ \  |   |  \   Y  \  ___/ >    < 
 |___  /__|___|  /___|  /\___  >__/\_ \
     \/        \/     \/     \/      \/
  https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2017-04-17 20:34:44.461950 [info] System information Linux d3e21fb63431 4.8.0-46-generic #49-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 31 13:57:14 UTC 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2017-04-17 20:34:44.768869 [info] PUID defined as '1000'
2017-04-17 20:34:54.406403 [info] PGID defined as '1000'
2017-04-17 20:34:54.675630 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2017-04-17 20:34:54.945410 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2017-04-17 20:34:55.157419 [info] Setting permissions on files/folders inside container...
2017-04-17 20:34:57,803 CRIT Set uid to user 0
2017-04-17 20:34:57,803 INFO Included extra file "/etc/supervisor/conf.d/deluge.conf" during parsing
2017-04-17 20:34:57,815 INFO supervisord started with pid 5
2017-04-17 20:34:58,819 INFO spawned: 'deluge-script' with pid 44
2017-04-17 20:34:58,848 INFO spawned: 'deluge-web-script' with pid 45
2017-04-17 20:34:58,871 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge config file already exists, skipping copy

2017-04-17 20:34:58,881 INFO success: deluge-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2017-04-17 20:34:58,882 INFO success: deluge-web-script entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 0 seconds (startsecs)
2017-04-17 20:34:58,885 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge daemon...

2017-04-17 20:35:02,799 DEBG 'deluge-web-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge webui...

Edited by Jazzepi
I used to have DelugeVPN docker working fine but had to delete the docker/container and reinstall.  Now I'm having trouble loading the webui.  I've attached the log for the docker and screenshots of the settings I input during setup.  I'm using an IPVanish VPN.

What did I do wrong?

delugeVPN.txt
58f8f90e66f02_DelugeVPNSettings.thumb.jpg.01c7c36e260132b33728a575867f8ab4.jpg

Provider is wrong, you have it set to pia, it should be custom. Keep in mind your ovpn and certs will of been deleted because of this and pia ones put there instead, so you will need to download the ipvanish ones again once you have corrected the provider issue and delete the pia ones located in /config/openvpn/

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, fonzie said:

Okay, so I made the change to "custom" and added the cert and ovpn files from ipvanish back into the OPENVPN folder within Deluge but the webui is still not loading.  The last thing on the log says "openvpn started"

delugevpn2.txt

ok please do the following:-

1. Stop the container, left click and select edit, set DEBUG to true

2. delete the file /config/supervisord.log

3. start the container, wait a couple of mins, open the file /config/supervisord.log and remove any username and passwords

4. save and attach the file here.

8 minutes ago, fonzie said:

I'm guessing it has to be a problem with communication with the VPN judging by this line:

2017-04-20 14:04:25,201 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[debug] Waiting for valid IP address from tunnel...

but I have no idea.

delugevpn3.txt

ok youve cut the important stuff from the top of the log, but ive spotted another config issue, youve defined the wrong port for VPN_PORT, according to the ovpn file your using, it should be port 443 not 1198

1 minute ago, fonzie said:

I changed the VPN_PORT to 443 deleted the supervisord.log and ran the docker again.  Result is the same.  I copied the entire contents of the log file:

delugevpn4.txt

your not attaching the right log, i need the log file you deleted, as in the file /config/supervisord.log NOT the log from the unraid webui, that doesnt included all the info.