[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

I tried http://<host ip>:8112 and http://<host ip>:8118.

I do have to notice that it's a dedicated server directly exposed to the internet. For this reason I changed the IP address in the log. Not sure if that makes any difference.

5 hours ago, Rourke said:

I tried http://<host ip>:8112 and http://<host ip>:8118.

I do have to notice that it's a dedicated server directly exposed to the internet. For this reason I changed the IP address in the log. Not sure if that makes any difference.

are you sure the dedicated server allows incoming connections?. by  default i can well imagine a internet connected host would not allow anything incoming.

what you could try if the host has a gui is remote onto the box, fire up the local browser and try connecting to the deluge webui using that, if that works then you know your issue is purely connectivity inbound for the dedicated server ,f it has no gui then try executing this directly on the dedicated server via ssh:-

curl http://localhost:8112

7 hours ago, binhex said:

are you sure the dedicated server allows incoming connections?. by  default i can well imagine a internet connected host would not allow anything incoming.

Honestly I don't know, but other docker containers like sonarr or Plex run just fine.

7 hours ago, binhex said:

what you could try if the host has a gui is remote onto the box, fire up the local browser and try connecting to the deluge webui using that, if that works then you know your issue is purely connectivity inbound for the dedicated server ,f it has no gui then try executing this directly on the dedicated server via ssh:-

This is interesting. My server is stored in a data center and I'm running it headless. Running your curl command returns the Deluge Web UI HTML which suggests it's indeed something purely connectivity inbound.

However just like other containers the ports should be open:

Name                                       Command                                      State                                       Ports
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
deluge                                      /usr/bin/tini -- /bin/bash ...              Up                                          0.0.0.0:44690->44690/tcp,
                                                                                                                                    0.0.0.0:58846->58846/tcp,
                                                                                                                                    0.0.0.0:58946->58946/tcp, 58946/udp,
                                                                                                                                    0.0.0.0:8112->8112/tcp,
                                                                                                                                    0.0.0.0:8118->8118/tcp
jackett                                     /init                                       Up                                          0.0.0.0:9117->9117/tcp
ombi                                        /init                                       Up                                          0.0.0.0:3579->3579/tcp
plex                                        /init                                       Up                                          0.0.0.0:1900->1900/udp,
                                                                                                                                    0.0.0.0:3005->3005/tcp,
                                                                                                                                    0.0.0.0:32400->32400/tcp,
                                                                                                                                    0.0.0.0:32410->32410/udp,
                                                                                                                                    0.0.0.0:32412->32412/udp,
                                                                                                                                    0.0.0.0:32413->32413/udp,
                                                                                                                                    0.0.0.0:32414->32414/udp,
                                                                                                                                    0.0.0.0:32469->32469/tcp,
                                                                                                                                    0.0.0.0:8324->8324/tcp
plexpy                                      /init                                       Up                                          0.0.0.0:8181->8181/tcp
radarr                                      /init                                       Up                                          0.0.0.0:7878->7878/tcp
sonarr                                      /init                                       Up                                          0.0.0.0:8989->8989/tcp

Do you have a guide on configuring privoxy (or even how to get to the webadmin page)?

I have it working ok, but think it's blocking certain sites / content from applications using it as a proxy to the vpn.

Thanks

Edit: Ok, I sort of know where I'm looking: config.privoxy.org lets me identify which rules are being triggered.

I've tried adding it to the trusted site site (trust file), using ~thetvdb.com, but it's still blocked.

I think I need to do something in the user.action file, but a little lost as to what/where!

Edit2: Right, so using the trust file didn't work because you have to enable it - but turns out if you use the trust file, *only* those sites are allowed.

Instead, i edited the config file, and removed the default actions file. Probably not the best idea, but it'll do until I work out how to properly whitelist sites!

Edited by extrobe

Tapatalk was messing with me.  I don't see anything wrong in the logs before openvpn starts complaining of local UDP.  Is it possible your VPN provider issued updated .ovpn files?

Are you running the docker in bridge mode?

3 hours ago, Gog said:
Tapatalk was messing with me.  I don't see anything wrong in the logs before openvpn starts complaining of local UDP.  Is it possible your VPN provider issued updated .ovpn files?

Are you running the docker in bridge mode?

I checked .ovpn, updated everything accordingly, regenerated key, etc. I actually run binhex-sabnzbdvpn with the sane VPN settings just fine. Can't say for sure, but looks like it started after the last delugevpn update. @binhex, any thoughts?

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

Edited by izarkhin
1 hour ago, izarkhin said:

Mystery continues.... I removed the docker and re-installed from scratch. Now I'm getting TLS handshake error. I have a binhex-sabnzbdvpn docker running with EXACT SAME SETTINGS and it handshakes just fine! Updated log is attached. Please help!

supervisord.log

it looks like the certificate used by your vpn provider is too weak for openssl 1.1.x, extract from your last log:-

Sun May  7 10:17:52 2017 VERIFY ERROR: depth=0, error=CA signature digest algorithm too weak: C=US, ST=NY, L=New York, O=vpnsecure.me, OU=Office, CN=vpnsecure-server, [email protected]
Sun May  7 10:17:52 2017 OpenSSL: error:1416F086:SSL routines:tls_process_server_certificate:certificate verify failed

this is probably due to the switch in using the newer openssl version, which removes some of the weaker known vulnerable ciphers, my advise is to contact your vpn provider and ask them about a certificate that is openssl 1.1.x compatible, openssl 1.1.x is what everybody is moving to due to vulnerabilities, there will be no roll back im afraid.

another option is move to a vpn provider that does provide correct stronger ciphers, i know PIA works out of the box, and im pretty confident AirVPN also has full support for the stronger cipher types too.

44 minutes ago, binhex said:

it looks like the certificate used by your vpn provider is too weak for openssl 1.1.x, extract from your last log:-

this is probably due to the switch in using the newer openssl version, which removes some of the weaker known vulnerable ciphers, my advise is to contact your vpn provider and ask them about a certificate that is openssl 1.1.x compatible, openssl 1.1.x is what everybody is moving to due to vulnerabilities, there will be no roll back im afraid.

another option is move to a vpn provider that does provide correct stronger ciphers, i know PIA works out of the box, and im pretty confident AirVPN also has full support for the stronger cipher types too.

@binhex, how come it works fine with binhex-sabnzbdvpn docker? Do you use a lower openssl version there? Ah, nevermind! I see that binhex-sabnzbdvpn docker has OpenSSL 1.0.2j vs. OpenSSL 1.1.0e here.

Edited by izarkhin
15 minutes ago, izarkhin said:

@binhex, how come it works fine with binhex-sabnzbdvpn docker? Do you use a lower openssl version there? Ah, nevermind! I see that binhex-sabnzbdvpn docker has OpenSSL 1.0.2j vs. OpenSSL 1.1.0e here.

sabnzbdvpn, will also be rebuilt shortly, so expect that also to stop working for you, and yep as you have correctly identified this is using the older openssl version 1.0.x

I'm attempting to follow the instructions outlined in the video tutorial here.

I'm running into problems at about the 5 minute mark.

After I fill out all the information in the "Update Container" section of unRAID, I click on "Create" at the bottom. Everything seems to complete successfully, however, when I go to the "Docker" section of unRAID, I do not see the binhex-delugeVPN as an option as should be.

I'm fairly new to this and a little over my head.

Would anyone be able to assist?

Below is the command result from the docker installation (UN/PW removed obviously).

Command: root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="binhex-delugevpn" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -e VPN_ENABLED="yes" -e VPN_USER="xxxxxxxxx" -e VPN_PASS="xxxxxxxxx" -e VPN_REMOTE="ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com" -e VPN_PORT="1198" -e VPN_PROTOCOL="udp" -e VPN_DEVICE_TYPE="tun" -e VPN_PROV="pia" -e VPN_OPTIONS="000" -e STRONG_CERTS="no|yes" -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY="no|yes" -e LAN_NETWORK="192.168.1.0/24" -e NAME_SERVERS="8.8.8.8,37.235.1.174,8.8.4.4,37.235.1.177" -e DEBUG="false|true" -e UMASK="000" -e PUID="99" -e PGID="100" -e TZ="America/New_York" -p 8112:8112/tcp -p 58846:58846/tcp -p 58946:58946/tcp -p 58946:58946/udp -p 8118:8118/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/config":"/config":rw -v "/mnt/user/Downloads/":"/data":rw binhex/arch-delugevpn

yes: invalid option -- 'e'
Try 'yes --help' for more information.
yes: invalid option -- 'e'
Try 'yes --help' for more information.
docker: "run" requires a minimum of 1 argument.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

Usage: docker run [OPTIONS] IMAGE [COMMAND] [ARG...]

Run a command in a new container

The command finished successfully!

Hi there
Spent the last few hours trying to get this to work. Eventually got there however I noticed something odd along the way. I narrowed down the error to a Vpn auth error. Upon checking the credentials file I noticed my password was wrong. It had cut the part after the ! off. There was also a $ directly after the ! I changed my password removing both symbols and now it works fine. Not sure which character was the problem. Didn't test it but it works without them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just now, cheesemarathon said:

Hi there
Spent the last few hours trying to get this to work. Eventually got there however I noticed something odd along the way. I narrowed down the error to a Vpn auth error. Upon checking the credentials file I noticed my password was wrong. It had cut the part after the ! off. There was also a $ directly after the ! I changed my password removing both symbols and now it works fine. Not sure which character was the problem. Didn't test it but it works without them.

yes special chars for username and/or password is a problem for openvpn when passing through via credentials file, i did at one time try to escape the special characters but that failed miserably, so no way around it as far as i know.

yes special chars for username and/or password is a problem for openvpn when passing through via credentials file, i did at one time try to escape the special characters but that failed miserably, so no way around it as far as i know.

Not a problem, works great now that I've found the problem. Maybe stick it in the read me on github? Would have saved me a couple hours.

2 hours ago, richardsim7 said:

DelugeVPN seems to have stopped working. I think the latest update did it. Running unRAID v6.2.4

Have checked the vpn address and user/pass so it's not them

I noticed when nothing was downloading, restarted the docker and now Chrome says "refuses to connect"

my sig, click on help link