[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

our posts overlapped each other, the answer is in my previous post :-)

So if I create a downloads user share that only includes a single disk on the array then I could use /mnt/diskx/downloads/ right? That way I would still have parity protection and my array disks are much larger than my cache.

7 minutes ago, binhex said:

I personally don't use the fuse shares (as in /mnt/user) as its unreliable with docker, instead i use the disk share, or in the case of cache /mnt/cache/<cace only share name>,  i have seen some very odd problems with /mnt/user, in fact one of my docker containers refuses to stay up when pointed at /mnt/user, not to mention that /mnt/user is slower too than direct writes to the disk.

I didnt realise there was still probs with containers mapping to fuse shares, I thought this was fixed in previous unraid versions?

Good point about faster writes to the disk directly. 

Just now, wgstarks said:

So if I create a downloads user share that only includes a single disk on the array then I could use /mnt/diskx/downloads/ right? That way I would still have parity protection and my array disks are much larger than my cache.

that would (in my opinion) be a better solution if you wanted to write to the array, yes, as it would mean only a single disk spins up and your writes would be as fast as possible, you would just have to watch out of course that the drive didnt fill, as it wouldn't do any clever split level stuff.

5 minutes ago, gridrunner said:

I thought this was fixed in previous unraid versions?

I havent tested it for a while mind you, so maybe its ok now (last checked about a year ago and it was a problem), im sticking with writes to /mnt/cache for now :-).

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

that would (in my opinion) be a better solution if you wanted to write to the array, yes, as it would mean only a single disk spins up and your writes would be as fast as possible, you would just have to watch out of course that the drive didnt fill, as it wouldn't do any clever split level stuff.

Thanks. Wasn't sure if parity would still be valid writing directly to disk and bypassing mover.

Binhex, I host my own cloud OpenVPN server I wish to run through. The env variables for setup don't seem to support that. Is there a quick guide on running an .ovpn file? I could more easily just run a VM but that's much more resource intensive then your docker.

@binhex

Like everyone here I'm dead in the water, no ui available. Read through the last few pages but I'm not seeing a direct answer to my situation. My setting have been the same for a year with no issues. I use cyberghost vpn, NL servers. I restarted the container and grabbed what looks like a massive update, still no dice.

Please let me know where to start. Thanks

Edited by The Lizard King
7 hours ago, The Lizard King said:

@binhex

Like everyone here I'm dead in the water, no ui available. Read through the last few pages but I'm not seeing a direct answer to my situation. My setting have been the same for a year with no issues. I use cyberghost vpn, NL servers. I restarted the container and grabbed what looks like a massive update, still no dice.

Please let me know where to start. Thanks

The issue mentioned by 'everyone' is particular to PIA, as your not using provider PIA your issue isnt that, can you please do the following:-

1. Delete any existing supervisord.log file located in /config/

2. Stop the container

3. delete the container (or if you're an unraid user skip this step).

4. Set the env var key "DEBUG" to a value of "true".

5. Start the container and wait 5 mins for it to completely finish initialising.

6. Post the ENTIRE /config/supervisord.log file in the correct support thread for the container you're running.

IMPORTANT - Make sure to remove any reference to your username and password from the supervisord.log BEFORE posting it.

17 hours ago, binhex said:

The issue mentioned by 'everyone' is particular to PIA, as your not using provider PIA your issue isnt that, can you please do the following:-

1. Delete any existing supervisord.log file located in /config/

2. Stop the container

3. delete the container (or if you're an unraid user skip this step).

4. Set the env var key "DEBUG" to a value of "true".

5. Start the container and wait 5 mins for it to completely finish initialising.

6. Post the ENTIRE /config/supervisord.log file in the correct support thread for the container you're running.

IMPORTANT - Make sure to remove any reference to your username and password from the supervisord.log BEFORE posting it.

Followed directions to a T, thanks.

issue resolved itself with new creds. - taking down info.
8 minutes ago, The Lizard King said:

Followed directions to a T, thanks.

Apparently not. I'd advise changing your login credentials ASAP.

8 minutes ago, The Lizard King said:

remove any reference to your username and password from the supervisord.log BEFORE posting it.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, jonathanm said:

Apparently not. I'd advise changing your login credentials ASAP.

thanks for the catch, successfully killed the credentials, I accidentally didn't save the file after the edit..

Interestingly enough, the new credentials and config files have resolved the issue. I'm in good standing with my VPN and have never changed my service in any way....this is bizarre but I'm not complaining.

I thought this would be a complicated install. Man was I wrong. Piece of cake and working great. The only thing I can't figure out is how to connect from a desktop using GTK gui? I tried <IP>:8112 with the default password but that doesn't work. The GTK wants to use 127.0.0.1:58846 but that doesn't connect either.

13 hours ago, wgstarks said:

I thought this would be a complicated install. Man was I wrong. Piece of cake and working great. The only thing I can't figure out is how to connect from a desktop using GTK gui? I tried <IP>:8112 with the default password but that doesn't work. The GTK wants to use 127.0.0.1:58846 but that doesn't connect either.

Did you add your desired login to the auth file, set the LAN_NETWORK, and enable remote management like it says in @binhex's FAQ? The GTK client connects in exactly the same way as CP in this example.

DelugeVPN Docker FAQ

Q1. How do i connect CouchPotato to DelugeVPN?

A1. To connect CouchPotato to DelugeVPN perform the following:-

IMPORTANT - If your connecting to DelugeVPN from a traditional (non dockerized) installation of CouchPotato then please ensure you have configured the LAN_NETWORK (see FAQ "I'm struggling to configure LAN_NETWORK correctly, can you give some examples?" for help) environment variable for DelugeVPN (you can left click and "Edit" the configuration if you've already created the container).

1. Start DelugeVPN and login to the webui, then enable Preferences->Daemon->Allow Remote Connections

2. Restart DelugeVPN Docker container

3. Open Deluge authorisation file /config/auth and note the username and password, it should be in the format:-

<admin username>:<admin password>:<level>

The default value is as follows:-

admin:deluge:10

If the above doesn't exist then please add to the auth file and restart the container before continuing.

4. Go to the CouchPotato webui->Settings>Downloaders>Deluge

5. Configure Host as <host ip address>:58846

6. Configure the Username and Password as specified in the auth file

7. Click on Test Deluge button, if it all works then you should see success.

I was using this docker, but without VPN as I couldn't get it to work with NordVPN.  I have followed the steps in the video by spaceinvader one, but I'm still unable to connect to the webui via the VPN.  If I say no the the VPN in settings and use a socks5 proxy with AUTH, I can connect and see that deluge is using a different IP address.  I noticed that there is some questions if that works all the time and that there is a leak.  I wanted to use with VPN in settings, so I went to edit the setting in deluge using my nordvpn username/password,

key1 -yes

key2-my nordvpn username

key3-my nordvpn pass

key4-us283.nordvpn.com (server from nordvpn.com)

key5-1194 Not sure of the port to use

i have LAN_Network set at 192.168.0.1/24 based on my gateway/subnet mask

any ideas?

Edited by PaDadof2
didn't quit finish

@binhex: I think the VPN has to support port-forwarding in order for the web ui to work. Tested with several PIA servers and noticed this. Wonder if it's worth putting that on the first page in case people need to know.

This is the official list of PIA servers supporting port-forwarding:

• CA Toronto
  • CA Montreal
  • Netherlands
  • Switzerland
  • Sweden
  • France
  • Germany
  • Romania
  • Israel
Edited by testdasi
added list of servers

I'm having some difficulty with couchpotato/remote gtk as well. I'm not actually interested in CP but all the documentation references it so I thought if I could get that working the GTK stuff would fall in line.

Daemon port is set to 58846 and 'allow remote connections' is checked. These settings are reflected in core.conf

I've set a credential in the auth file as 'deluge:badpassword:10' to keep things simple.

I've tried two configurations for LAN_NETWORK.
At first, I thought that it was supposed to be my LAN IP address, so I put in 192.168.1.255/24 since all the devices on my network have a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.
However, ifconfig showed me that the lo adapter was using a netmask of 255.255.255.255 so I also tried 127.0.0.1/32 for this variable. I had the same results for both configurations: Can't connect to daemon, but can use webui & download torrents ok.

I've tried launching binhex-delugevpn with the VPN feature disabled as well as enabled.

The webui works and torrents download just fine with every lan_network + vpn enablement combination.

I did notice this line in the log but I am not sure which password it's referring to since all the passwords I've entered so far contain no special characters.

2017-07-02 12:12:45,589 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Password contains characters which could cause authentication issues, please consider changing this if possible

deluge log: https://pastebin.com/05d0ht5p
couchpotato: http://i.imgur.com/ztDuuwm.png says to check logs but it doesn't actually write anything. I cleared logs, tested the connection, checked logs, and nothing was written.

Edited by jakeninethousand
3 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Did you add your desired login to the auth file, set the LAN_NETWORK, and enable remote management like it says in @binhex's FAQ? The GTK client connects in exactly the same way as CP in this example.

That doesn't seem to work. I haven't changed the default credentials so I just used them.

DelugeScreenSnapz001.jpg.ad14d26f8b526856267d4f8711849627.jpg

deluged.log.txt

Edit- Last two lines in the log show this.

[INFO    ] 14:03:52 rpcserver:206 Deluge Client connection made from: 172.17.0.1:47084
[INFO    ] 14:03:53 rpcserver:226 Deluge client disconnected: [('SSL routines', 'ssl3_get_record', 'wrong version number')]

Edit2- I have Deluge version 1.3.15.1 installed on the desktop. Can't find a version number for the docker though.

Edited by wgstarks
5 hours ago, wgstarks said:

That doesn't seem to work. I haven't changed the default credentials so I just used them.

DelugeScreenSnapz001.jpg.ad14d26f8b526856267d4f8711849627.jpg

deluged.log.txt

Edit- Last two lines in the log show this.

[INFO    ] 14:03:52 rpcserver:206 Deluge Client connection made from: 172.17.0.1:47084
[INFO    ] 14:03:53 rpcserver:226 Deluge client disconnected: [('SSL routines', 'ssl3_get_record', 'wrong version number')]

Edit2- I have Deluge version 1.3.15.1 installed on the desktop. Can't find a version number for the docker though.

Got it fixed. Looks like default user/password doesn't actually exist in the auth file. Had to add them.

8 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Got it fixed. Looks like default user/password doesn't actually exist in the auth file. Had to add them.

That was mentioned in the FAQ jonathanm posted, but i will make it more clear :-), glad you got it working.

15 hours ago, testdasi said:

@binhex: I think the VPN has to support port-forwarding in order for the web ui to work. Tested with several PIA servers and noticed this. Wonder if it's worth putting that on the first page in case people need to know.

This is the official list of PIA servers supporting port-forwarding:

• CA Toronto
  • CA Montreal
  • Netherlands
  • Switzerland
  • Sweden
  • France
  • Germany
  • Romania
  • Israel

This is correct, however you can optionally disable the port forward by using the new env var, see here:-

However a word of caution, i do NOT recommend doing this for torrenting, as your speeds will be VERY slow without a working incoming port.

I will add a section to the FAQ.

22 hours ago, PaDadof2 said:

I was using this docker, but without VPN as I couldn't get it to work with NordVPN.  I have followed the steps in the video by spaceinvader one, but I'm still unable to connect to the webui via the VPN.  If I say no the the VPN in settings and use a socks5 proxy with AUTH, I can connect and see that deluge is using a different IP address.  I noticed that there is some questions if that works all the time and that there is a leak.  I wanted to use with VPN in settings, so I went to edit the setting in deluge using my nordvpn username/password,

key1 -yes

key2-my nordvpn username

key3-my nordvpn pass

key4-us283.nordvpn.com (server from nordvpn.com)

key5-1194 Not sure of the port to use

i have LAN_Network set at 192.168.0.1/24 based on my gateway/subnet mask

any ideas?

Using Socks proxy (in my past experience) for Deluge does leak, if you loose connectivity to the Proxy then Deluge will carry on downloading, you can simulate this by putting in the wrong credentials, if your UL/DL speeds do not drop to 0 then you are leaking ip info, best to use VPN and be sure.

link to backup my experience on Deluge and Socks Proxy - https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/20879/ip-address-leak-using-pia-proxy-with-deluge

So your config, couple of issues to begin with:-

key5 - this probably wont be 1194, the port is specified inthe ovpn file you have downloaded from your vpn provider

lan_network is wrong, see here for how to configure it (Q5):- 

Please follow the steps below to generate a log file:-

1 hour ago, wgstarks said:

Do I really need Privoxy on my desktop if I'm using PIA?

Privacy is hard. True privacy is almost impossible without work and constant vigilance. If you switch your main browser between VPN and normal without completely cleaning it out, you leave traces that can connect the two sessions. If you log in to the same accounts with and without the VPN, you may as well not even bother.

I'd recommend designating a specific browser for VPN usage, and ONLY use the VPN for stuff that is not linked to your ID in any form. Don't log in to facebook, twitter, email, etc. Separate your activities between VPN and normal, and don't ever let the two intersect.

If you don't really care that much about truly private browsing, don't use Privoxy at all, just allow the docker to do your torrenting and be done with it.

2 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Privacy is hard. True privacy is almost impossible without work and constant vigilance. If you switch your main browser between VPN and normal without completely cleaning it out, you leave traces that can connect the two sessions. If you log in to the same accounts with and without the VPN, you may as well not even bother.

I'd recommend designating a specific browser for VPN usage, and ONLY use the VPN for stuff that is not linked to your ID in any form. Don't log in to facebook, twitter, email, etc. Separate your activities between VPN and normal, and don't ever let the two intersect.

If you don't really care that much about truly private browsing, don't use Privoxy at all, just allow the docker to do your torrenting and be done with it.

The VPN really isn't the problem, it's the proxy and I can't see a way to have one browser use it but not another. It's set for the computer.

After reading through the Privoxy user manual I can see that there is an option for a "trusted" file that would white list my unraid server, but that's disabled in the Privoxy web ui. Looks like it would have to be set by @binhex maybe?