[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

20 minutes ago, binhex said:

check your port number, i some how doubt its 1198 (used by PIA), and as you are defining at this it will write this value to the ovpn file, so look at the source ovpn file from your provider, what is the number on the 'remote......' line?.

That was it, I was surprised that it's 1198 in the ovpn file, I didn't know that container is editing it.

Thank you for your support!

22 minutes ago, binhex said:

you should be happy, thats a successful start, when you say 'it doesnt load' you mean the web ui?, 

It doesn't load at all (there is no error message, just keeps on loading) or it loads the UI, but is kind of hung (doesn't even get to the point where you enter the password).

1 minute ago, Trylo said:

It doesn't load at all (there is no error message, just keeps on loading) or it loads the UI, but is kind of hung (doesn't even get to the point where you enter the password).

ok try clearing your cache on your browser, or try another browser, also give the container a restart, if still no go then post the log again, what url are you trying to connect to?, and what port mapping do you have for port 8118?

7 minutes ago, Trylo said:

I cleared cache and tried different browser, same story. I'm restarting container after every change I make.

8118 is 8118.

Still no go.

supervisord.log

you are aware of this right?, as in you're not trying to connect to the web ui using an external ip address?:-

[warn] 'iptable_mangle' kernel module not available, you will not be able to connect to the applications Web UI or Privoxy outside of your LAN
[info] unRAID users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host:- '/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle'
[info] Ubuntu users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host:- '/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle'
[info] Synology users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host:- 'insmod /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko'

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

you are aware of this right?, as in you're not trying to connect to the web ui using an external ip address?:-

[warn] 'iptable_mangle' kernel module not available, you will not be able to connect to the applications Web UI or Privoxy outside of your LAN
[info] unRAID users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host:- '/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle'
[info] Ubuntu users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host:- '/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle'
[info] Synology users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host:- 'insmod /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko'

I'm connecting via LAN. I don't need to connect outside of my LAN.

9 minutes ago, Trylo said:

it's actually 192.168.2.xxx, but it's the same network as the computers that I'm trying to access it from.

thats your problem then:-

2017-07-12 15:52:36.651374 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.1.0/24'

spot the mistake :-)

Hi, I am trying to setup DelugeVPN with Celo VPN. I have entered my username and password and the server I want to use. I have also added the .ovpn file to the openvpn folder but I still can't access Deluge. This is the first time I am trying to set this up and I am not too clear on how I am supposed to have it configured. 

If you could point me in the right direction, that would be great!  Thanks in advance.

15 hours ago, littlered said:

Hi, I am trying to setup DelugeVPN with Celo VPN. I have entered my username and password and the server I want to use. I have also added the .ovpn file to the openvpn folder but I still can't access Deluge. This is the first time I am trying to set this up and I am not too clear on how I am supposed to have it configured. 

If you could point me in the right direction, that would be great!  Thanks in advance.

follow the steps in the post below:-

Hello,

I have a potential random question here atm. So I've noticed that deluge-vpn with PIA setup comes at a cost of speed(as expected) and I thought maybe it'd be a good idea to have two instances of deluge running(one with VPN, one with none). 

Conveniently from the appstore, I noticed that there are two docker images available for both scenarios so I tried installing them both.

Deluge-VPN is working without issue but when I try install the non VPN docker image, I run into an issue as it is trying to use the same Host Port(58846 and 58946).

I tried changing the host port to something else but it crahsed my unraid(webgui hangs).

Does the approach I'm doing here make sense? And if so, would anyone be able to give me some guidance on some configuration to get this working correctly?

Much appreciated,

1 hour ago, Roang said:

Deluge-VPN is working without issue but when I try install the non VPN docker image, I run into an issue as it is trying to use the same Host Port(58846 and 58946).

If you are using the VPN, then that port isn't needed on that container. You can safely delete it. It's only there to support using the VPN container without enabling VPN.

Hello mr binhex, I've run into an issue and I've been struggling to fix as it's only affecting this one container.

I've been using your container for a long time without issue, but as of yesterday (essentially all of a sudden with the VPN/Privoxy side).

Basically, i'm now receiving this error:  Error: error sending query: Could not send or receive, because of network error.

The error comes up when trying to connect to my VPN (cryptostorm), the address resolves fine if I resolve manually (eg nslookup), and entering the IP into the Docker of the VPN instead of the fqdn it will connect fine and work perfectly fine as torrenting downloading but then Privoxy does not work as it cannot resolve anything (i'm guessing this is the reason).

I'm quite perplexed, at first I thought my ISP was blocking but I can use the VPN fine as normal through a client.

Nothing has changed on my end, and my other dockers are working as normal. (i use Privoxy for some of the Dockers) The Dockers without Privoxy are also working fine.

I have changed the DNS servers listed (tried OpenDNS to test), as well as trying with the default ones you included without success before that is pointed out.

I have even tried removing the docker AND AppData folder and clean installed, still no luck.

Any ideas? :( I have attached the supervisored log.

binhex-deluge.txt

On 14/07/2017 at 11:34 PM, littlered said:

Thank you! Here is the log.

supervisord.log

You have VPN_PROV set to PIA, looking at your VPN_REMOTE it looks like you aren't using PIA, set it to custom, stop the container, delete everything in /config/openvpn/ then re-download the ovpn config file and certs and put them in /config/openvpn/ then start the container, also note the port number, as you also have that set to 1198, which i very much doubt your vpn provider is using (check the ovpn config file to see what it is).

On 16/07/2017 at 8:08 AM, darkangelus said:

Hello mr binhex, I've run into an issue and I've been struggling to fix as it's only affecting this one container.

I've been using your container for a long time without issue, but as of yesterday (essentially all of a sudden with the VPN/Privoxy side).

Basically, i'm now receiving this error:  Error: error sending query: Could not send or receive, because of network error.

The error comes up when trying to connect to my VPN (cryptostorm), the address resolves fine if I resolve manually (eg nslookup), and entering the IP into the Docker of the VPN instead of the fqdn it will connect fine and work perfectly fine as torrenting downloading but then Privoxy does not work as it cannot resolve anything (i'm guessing this is the reason).

I'm quite perplexed, at first I thought my ISP was blocking but I can use the VPN fine as normal through a client.

Nothing has changed on my end, and my other dockers are working as normal. (i use Privoxy for some of the Dockers) The Dockers without Privoxy are also working fine.

I have changed the DNS servers listed (tried OpenDNS to test), as well as trying with the default ones you included without success before that is pointed out.

I have even tried removing the docker AND AppData folder and clean installed, still no luck.

Any ideas? :( I have attached the supervisored log.

binhex-deluge.txt

ive not seen that before, it might be due to misconfiguration of the LAN_NETWORK, you sure you have this configured correctly?:-

LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.10.0/24'

if you dont know how to find this value out then see the FAQv in my sig.

15 hours ago, binhex said:

You have VPN_PROV set to PIA, looking at your VPN_REMOTE it looks like you aren't using PIA, set it to custom, stop the container, delete everything in /config/openvpn/ then re-download the ovpn config file and certs and put them in /config/openvpn/ then start the container, also note the port number, as you also have that set to 1198, which i very much doubt your vpn provider is using (check the ovpn config file to see what it is).

I have tried with both udp and tcp ports and I still can't get it to work :/ I also tried changing the VPN_DEVICE_TYPE from tap to tun but no luck. I am attaching another supervisord.log

supervisord.log

Edited by littlered