[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

I just noticed this error in the log:

2017-07-27 16:31:32,841 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Thu Jul 27 16:31:32 2017 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: packet HMAC authentication failed

Not sure if that has anything to do with my slow speeds.

13 hours ago, nlash said:

I just noticed this error in the log:

2017-07-27 16:31:32,841 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Thu Jul 27 16:31:32 2017 Authenticate/Decrypt packet error: packet HMAC authentication failed

Not sure if that has anything to do with my slow speeds.

probably not, no, as i dont have performance issues and i have the same ovpn file and cert as yourself, you tried my suggestion in my previous post right?.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

probably not, no, as i dont have performance issues and i have the same ovpn file and cert as yourself, you tried my suggestion in my previous post right?.

Yeah, I have the same speeds regardless of how I have my upload set.

Rate limit IP overhead is unchecked. 

At this point I'll just assume it's because of the reverse proxy Deluge is behind.

On 7/21/2017 at 5:14 PM, littlered said:

Still no luck...I tried removing and re-adding the docked container, but that didn't work either. I am including another log.

supervisord.log

Thanks for your help and patience, btw! Much appreciated! 

On 7/21/2017 at 4:34 AM, binhex said:

ok a few problems:-

1. modify the openvpn config file and remove this line and then save the file:-

dev tap

2. change your VPN_DEVICE_TYPE to 'tun'

3. change the VPN_PORT to 443 (spotted in log it should be 443 not 1194)

After no luck with changing to dev tap, I tried another VPN provider I use, and I still can't get the docket to start...  I am including another log file.

supervisord.log

Since I upgrade the docker, now I get this error :

\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > <
|___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2017-07-29 07:49:14.983280 [info] Host is running unRAID
2017-07-29 07:49:15.004214 [info] System information Linux 811f97f259b6 4.11.6-unRAID #2 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jun 23 11:54:14 PDT 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2017-07-29 07:49:15.028014 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2017-07-29 07:49:15.054389 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2017-07-29 07:49:15.095848 [warn] UMASK not defined (via -e UMASK), defaulting to '000'
2017-07-29 07:49:15.119404 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2017-07-29 07:49:15.148917 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2017-07-29 07:49:15.177395 [info] VPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/tor-a06.ovpn
dos2unix: converting file /config/openvpn/tor-a06.ovpn to Unix format...
2017-07-29 07:49:15.200252 [crit] VPN configuration file /config/openvpn//config/openvpn/tor-a06.ovpn does not contain 'remote' line, exiting...

There seems to have double "/" between openvpn and config...  even double path... 

I didn't change anything and now it just don't work.

7 hours ago, Pducharme said:

Since I upgrade the docker, now I get this error :

\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > <
|___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2017-07-29 07:49:14.983280 [info] Host is running unRAID
2017-07-29 07:49:15.004214 [info] System information Linux 811f97f259b6 4.11.6-unRAID #2 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jun 23 11:54:14 PDT 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2017-07-29 07:49:15.028014 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2017-07-29 07:49:15.054389 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2017-07-29 07:49:15.095848 [warn] UMASK not defined (via -e UMASK), defaulting to '000'
2017-07-29 07:49:15.119404 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2017-07-29 07:49:15.148917 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2017-07-29 07:49:15.177395 [info] VPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/tor-a06.ovpn
dos2unix: converting file /config/openvpn/tor-a06.ovpn to Unix format...
2017-07-29 07:49:15.200252 [crit] VPN configuration file /config/openvpn//config/openvpn/tor-a06.ovpn does not contain 'remote' line, exiting...

There seems to have double "/" between openvpn and config...  even double path... 

I didn't change anything and now it just don't work.

ok a few things here:-

1. i dont believe this is to do with delugevpn (current thread) as there have been no changes to delugevpn for 19 days, i think your talking about rtorrentvpn instead right?

2. the bug above was in a test tagged version of the image, you shouldnt really be referencing this, only tag 'latest', are you pointing at tag 'test' and if so why?

3. the bug above actually got fixed in the latest 'test' tagged version of rtorrentvpn, so in theory this shouldnt now exist, and certainly does not exist in the 'latest' tagged image of rtorrentvpn.

21 hours ago, littlered said:

After no luck with changing to dev tap, I tried another VPN provider I use, and I still can't get the docket to start...  I am including another log file.

supervisord.log

its tripping up on the ovpn config filename as its currently defined as:-

NL - Amsterdam @tigervpn.com.ovpn

it is assuming the hyphen in the filename is an additional parameter, just reame it something like 'nl.tigervpn.com.ovpn' instead.

48 minutes ago, binhex said:

its tripping up on the ovpn config filename as its currently defined as:-

NL - Amsterdam @tigervpn.com.ovpn

it is assuming the hyphen in the filename is an additional parameter, just reame it something like 'nl.tigervpn.com.ovpn' instead.

That did it! Thank you! :)

Hi all,

I am trying to set up Deluge VPN but I am having difficulty. I am using Hide My Ass VPN service. I have changed the VPN Device Type to "tap" because that is what worked for me before. Yes I did have this working in the past but I recently changed hardware and had to reinstall apps. So now I am stuck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

5 hours ago, binhex said:

ok a few things here:-

1. i dont believe this is to do with delugevpn (current thread) as there have been no changes to delugevpn for 19 days, i think your talking about rtorrentvpn instead right?

2. the bug above was in a test tagged version of the image, you shouldnt really be referencing this, only tag 'latest', are you pointing at tag 'test' and if so why?

3. the bug above actually got fixed in the latest 'test' tagged version of rtorrentvpn, so in theory this shouldnt now exist, and certainly does not exist in the 'latest' tagged image of rtorrentvpn.

1. Yes, I always mismatch them ! It's rtorrentVPN... sorry.

2. I use the latest, never used a "test" tag (don't know how anyway).

Here is the command line, as you can see, i'm using "latest" (the default).  I tried again, same issue. :

Pulling image: binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn:latest
IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn. 
Status: Image is up to date for binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn:latest

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Removing container: binhex-rtorrentvpn
Successfully removed container 'binhex-rtorrentvpn'

Command:
root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker create --name="binhex-rtorrentvpn" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "VPN_ENABLED"="yes" -e "VPN_USER"="myusename@newshosting" -e "VPN_PASS"="MyPassword" -e "VPN_REMOTE"="nyc-a40.wlvpn.com" -e "VPN_PORT"="443" -e "VPN_PROTOCOL"="udp" -e "VPN_DEVICE_TYPE"="tun" -e "VPN_PROV"="custom" -e "STRONG_CERTS"="no" -e "ENABLE_PRIVOXY"="yes" -e "LAN_NETWORK"="192.168.2.0/24" -e "NAME_SERVERS"="8.8.8.8,37.235.1.174,8.8.4.4,37.235.1.177" -e "DEBUG"="true" -e "PHP_TZ"="UTC" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -e "ENABLE_FLOOD"="no" -p 5000:5000/tcp -p 9080:9080/tcp -p 9444:9443/tcp -p 8118:8118/tcp -p 3999:3000/tcp -v "/mnt/user/NoCache/downloads":"/data":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-rtorrentvpn":"/config":rw binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn
e2844ac9868a9b63920d54d05843157fbfed169cb0bd9f4114130509ad7b4a0f

The command finished successfully!

Hi binhex, was wondering if you're able to take a quick look at this log - I'm having trouble getting into the webUI - cannot connect error...from the looks of it openVPN is connecting to torguard and all looks ok? I've added the swiss opvn file to the config/openvpn folder, as well as the .crt and .key files, but I think I'm missing something.

syslog.txt

Well I got no idea on what's going on here?! firstly how you've picked up a change to test test and secondly ( and more importantly) why it's still showing the bug against latest. I've just pulled down latest and it worked straight away, no issues and I can see the remote line is correct. Ok try deleting the container AND the image and then repull again.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, mishmash- said:

Hi binhex, was wondering if you're able to take a quick look at this log - I'm having trouble getting into the webUI - cannot connect error...from the looks of it openVPN is connecting to torguard and all looks ok? I've added the swiss opvn file to the config/openvpn folder, as well as the .crt and .key files, but I think I'm missing something.

syslog.txt

Scratch that, got it working! Found a few errors - special character in username, wrong password, and most importantly, cleared away all the extra options I had added to the vpn options area.

I've got this installed but I've only been able to connect to it in Bridge mode.

Unraid is running on 172.19.1.219

Default bridge option will run docker nat using unraids interface.

If I set the LAN_Network to 172.19.90.0/24 then I can't access the UI andRaddar & Sonnar can't connect (fails instantly) - From the 90.x network.

If I set the LAN_Network to 172.19.1.0/24 then I can access the UI but Raddar & Sonnar can't connect (fails instantly) - From either the 1.x or 90.x network.

I normally put these in a separate network 172.19.1.90.

When I set the docker to actually be on the 90.x network and have it's own IP address. I can't connect at all. This was the setup I wanted to use.

Is this intended to be used with Bridge only?

On 29/07/2017 at 10:15 PM, justvano said:

Hi all,

I am trying to set up Deluge VPN but I am having difficulty. I am using Hide My Ass VPN service. I have changed the VPN Device Type to "tap" because that is what worked for me before. Yes I did have this working in the past but I recently changed hardware and had to reinstall apps. So now I am stuck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

follow these steps:- 

Hi guys, so an important change is coming to this VPN docker image (and others in time - staggered change), in short i will be dropping the ability to configure the remote endpoint, tunnel device type, port, protocol and strong certs, instead the image will parse the ovpn file and use the values from the ovpn file.

Why am i doing this change?

1. less for the user to get wrong - if there are less env variables then hopefully there will be less chance of misconfiguration, im still seeing a fair bit of this happening.

2. less chance of mismatched configuration for endpoints - for certain vpn providers they require different ovpn options depending on the endpoint your connecting to, this will reduce this happening by forcing the user to download the correct ovpn file from the provider.

3. changes to port and/or certs wont break the image - currently i bake in the PIA ovpn file and cert, whilst this is convenient for the end user it also means any changes to either of these files breaks the image, thus a decision to push the responsibility of this back to the user is another reason to drop env vars.

4. No re-creation of Docker container - whilst this isnt a hassle for unraid users as we have a web ui (dynamix) to do this for us, for other users this is a big hassle, being able to switch endpoint by simply dropping in a new ovpn file is actually more convenient.

It does of course come with a couple of disadvantages:-

1. possible breakage during the switch over - im testing this right now and will be trying my hardest to not break any existing configuration, the aim of this is for you not to really notice the change, until of course you attempt to use the env vars to change your endpoint and discover it no longer does anything :-) (see below)

2. switching endpoint for PIA users is slightly more tricky - so when wanting to switch endpoint for PIA an end user would have to download the ovpn file for the endpoint they want to connect to, as opposed to just modifying the env var, which in some cases maybe taken as a disadvantage (slower, maybe?), but it would be relatively easy to keep a library of ovpn files and just drop in what you want to use or even edit the existing file, so its not too onerous.

So what do YOU have to do? - in short nothing, i have code in the latest release that ive just built that will sync up your env vars to the ovpn file, so when the final change occurs you shouldn't notice any changes, it should still connect to the same endpoint with the same port and protocol, After the date below if you wish to switch endpoint you will need to drop in the correct ovpn file (or edit it) to point at the endpoint you want to switch to, if you switch provider then you will need to download the ovpn file and all referenced certs, keys, etc.

So when is this happening? - the switch over to using ovpn parsing only will be the end of this week

Edited by binhex

I'm having issues getting speeds higher than 500 kb/s down.  I installed this docker via the [Spaceinvader One method.](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km0y9lmYXE0) (which I assume most people have done).

I am connected to the Netherlands server, but I have not changed Key 5 "VPN_PORT" (or any of the ports other than the PIA username/password) in the docker.  I changed the Deluge incoming port to 49160 and made sure to forward that port in my router.  Any idea why my speeds are so slow?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

15 minutes ago, clowncracker said:

I changed the Deluge incoming port to 49160 and made sure to forward that port in my router.

This is a mistake, so once the vpn tunnel is established any outgoing and incoming traffic goes over the tunnel for this container, it doesnt matter if you have all your ports forwarded on your router, it wont make a difference, the port forwarding is done at the vpn providers end not your router.

so as you're using pia as your provider, the port forwarding is automatically done for you, all you need to ensure is that your connecting to an endpoint that suports it, which nl.privateinternetaccess.com does.

so in short, remove any ports you might be specifying in deluge and allow the magic ive baked in to set it for you, and whilst your at it, remove that port forward on your router, its doing diddly squat.

12 minutes ago, binhex said:

This is a mistake, so once the vpn tunnel is established any outgoing and incoming traffic goes over the tunnel for this container, it doesnt matter if you have all your ports forwarded on your router, it wont make a difference, the port forwarding is done at the vpn providers end not your router.

so as you're using pia as your provider, the port forwarding is automatically done for you, all you need to ensure is that your connecting to an endpoint that suports it, which nl.privateinternetaccess.com does.

so in short, remove any ports you might be specifying in deluge and allow the magic ive baked in to set it for you, and whilst your at it, remove that port forward on your router, its doing diddly squat.

So I should change the Deluge port back to 1198?

Edited by clowncracker
3 minutes ago, clowncracker said:

So I should change the Deluge port back to 1198?

no, just tick use random port, and then restart the container.

fyi port 49160 is used when the vpn is NOT enabled, then you DO need to use a set port and port forward on your router.

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

no, just tick use random port, and then restart the container.

fyi port 49160 is used when the vpn is NOT enabled, then you DO need to use a set port and port forward on your router.

So what is the point of using an endpoint with port forwarding (Netherlands) if we aren't going to be forwarding any ports?

1 minute ago, clowncracker said:

So what is the point of using an endpoint with port forwarding (Netherlands) if we aren't going to be forwarding any ports?

because you are, the port forward is all done for you (trust me), i have code to get the dynamic port from pia and reconfigure deluge to use it on startup.

to be clear, you do not need to do anything other than connect to an endpoint that supports port forwarding, and dont hard set the port, you will see in the webui it gets set.

Edited by binhex

Hello there, I just wanted to first say thanks for this excellent container. I was running a full ubuntu vm for this before and couldn't figure out how to get a kill switch up and running for the vpn and this is just much simpler... well, outside the issues I had getting docker to run on windows server 2016.

So, I see there has been some discussion recently about slow speeds. I wanted to chime in and say I am experiencing the same. I was using an older version of the container (dont remember the exact version) that I know hadn't been updated in a while and I was using it via docker toolbox. But there was some weird configuration stuff and actually acessing a docker toolbox container on my network was a real pain. So I saw that docker for windows was finally available for win server 2016 and I switched. Overall much happier, other than the slow speeds.

With the old container on docker toolbox I could often max out my downloads at 2-3MB/s, but with this new one I dont think I have seen higher than 350KB/s. My internet connection is 75mb/s so the download speeds seem really low. I have messed with the bandwidth settings and as per recent discussions, I have confirmed that rate limit ip overhead is not and has not been checked. I am also using pia and am pretty much using default settings (at least the example settings from the github or docker pull page).

As per instructions, I enabled debug mode, restarted and let it run for a few minutes and am attaching my supervisord.log file with user and password x'd out.

supervisord.log