[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

I recently updated, I guess its been a couple months since my last update.  Now it doesn't work.

In the log file I see:

2017-09-20 18:54:59.275630 [info] Host is running unRAID
2017-09-20 18:54:59.323016 [info] System information Linux 417c937ac78c 4.9.10-unRAID #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Feb 15 09:38:14 PST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2017-09-20 18:54:59.407422 [warn] PUID not defined (via -e PUID), defaulting to '99'
2017-09-20 18:54:59.461126 [warn] PGID not defined (via -e PGID), defaulting to '100'
2017-09-20 18:54:59.566659 [warn] UMASK not defined (via -e UMASK), defaulting to '000'
2017-09-20 18:54:59.622839 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2017-09-20 18:54:59.688405 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2017-09-20 18:54:59.745963 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/dal-a01.ovpn
dos2unix: converting file /config/openvpn/dal-a01.ovpn to Unix format...
2017-09-20 18:54:59.799049 [crit] VPN configuration file /config/openvpn/dal-a01.ovpn does not contain 'remote' line, showing contents of file before exit...
client
# Disabled, as we pass this value via env var
dev tun
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-remote-ip
ca dal-a01.cert
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server
auth-user-pass credentials.conf
comp-lzo
verb 3
auth SHA256
cipher AES-256-CBC

Any ideas why the bold line?  It was working before, did something change on the VPN side?

thanks

david

EDIT: I guess you have to have the server in the ovpn file now, before you could just set it up in the docker.

Edited by lovingHDTV
On 21/09/2017 at 1:06 AM, lovingHDTV said:

I recently updated, I guess its been a couple months since my last update.  Now it doesn't work.

In the log file I see:

Any ideas why the bold line?  It was working before, did something change on the VPN side?

thanks

david

EDIT: I guess you have to have the server in the ovpn file now, before you could just set it up in the docker.

i know your not a newbie to this container, but the changes are detailed in there (newbie guide heading) probably best to have a little read through it and make sure you have everything set correctly:-

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/

2 hours ago, binhex said:

i know your not a newbie to this container, but the changes are detailed in there (newbie guide heading) probably best to have a little read through it and make sure you have everything set correctly:-

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/

I have all that setup and working for years.  I was just surprised when it stopped working with the last update.  I just re-edited my .ovpn file and put all the stuff that is supposed to be set with environment variables back into the .ovpn file and it works now.  Not sure why the environment variables no longer work.

thanks

david

5 minutes ago, lovingHDTV said:

Not sure why the environment variables no longer work.

taken from my faq:-

Q8. Since the update i can't now start the container when VPN_ENABLED is set to 'yes' and i see the following message in /config/supervisord.log

"[crit] No OpenVPN config file located in /config/openvpn/ (ovpn extension), please download from your VPN provider and then restart this container, exiting..." what does this mean and how can i fix this?

A8. Recently i have stpped baking in the OpenVPN configuration file and certs for PIA users (there are multiple reasons for this which i won't go into here), so in order to create a tunnel to your VPN provider you now need to download their OpenVPN configuration file and certificates. These will typically be downloaded from your VPN providers website, and generally are zipped.

PIA users - The URL to download the openvpn configuration files and certs is https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/openvpn/openvpn.zip

Once you have downloaded the zip (normally a zip as they contain multiple ovpn files) then extract it to /config/openvpn/ folder (if that folder doesn't exist then start and stop the docker container to force the creation). If there are multiple ovpn files then please delete the ones you don't want to use (normally filename follows location of the endpoint) leaving just a single ovpn file and the referenced certificates (normally files with a crt and pem extension).

23 minutes ago, binhex said:

taken from my faq:-

Q8. Since the update i can't now start the container when VPN_ENABLED is set to 'yes' and i see the following message in /config/supervisord.log

"[crit] No OpenVPN config file located in /config/openvpn/ (ovpn extension), please download from your VPN provider and then restart this container, exiting..." what does this mean and how can i fix this?

A8. Recently i have stpped baking in the OpenVPN configuration file and certs for PIA users (there are multiple reasons for this which i won't go into here), so in order to create a tunnel to your VPN provider you now need to download their OpenVPN configuration file and certificates. These will typically be downloaded from your VPN providers website, and generally are zipped.

PIA users - The URL to download the openvpn configuration files and certs is https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/openvpn/openvpn.zip

Once you have downloaded the zip (normally a zip as they contain multiple ovpn files) then extract it to /config/openvpn/ folder (if that folder doesn't exist then start and stop the docker container to force the creation). If there are multiple ovpn files then please delete the ones you don't want to use (normally filename follows location of the endpoint) leaving just a single ovpn file and the referenced certificates (normally files with a crt and pem extension).

Ah, I guess I didn't see that as the answer because I didn't get a missing config message.  I got a missing remote line in config file and didn't think this was the same thing.  

thanks again for all the help,

david

2 hours ago, lovingHDTV said:

I got a missing remote line in config

ahh gotcha, ok that explains things, so in the very early days (aka about a year or more ago), i removed the remote line from ovpn files, this prevented openvpn from stamping over the command line passed remote parameter, as openvpn prefers this over the remote line, later on i decided to comment out the remote line instead and insert the remote line from the env vars, this meant the openvpn config file and env vars were always in sync. much later on (aka around now) i decided to cut over to parsing openvpn config file, in orrder to do this smoothly i did a code change to uncommented the remote line, this then meant when i finally flicked the switch to move over to parsing nobody noticed anything (in theory hehe). the problem is you were an early user and thus fell foul of the no remote line issue, so when i switched over to parsing the ovpn file it didnt have a remote line and therefore the error. 

short story is, you wont have this happen again, growing pains you might call it :).

1 hour ago, lovingHDTV said:

Does this mean we no longer need to set VPN_USER and VPN_PASSWORD, etc?

you dont need to define the above ONLY if you are authenticating via key baked into the ovpn configuration file (airvpn does this), if your vpn provider doesnt do this then you will always need a way of authenticating, and in this case the simplest way is via env var.

Hello,

First, thank you very much for this container.

I have installed it and i am using it with NordVPN (custom).

It seems to work, i am connected and i can download.

But then, the openvpn command seems to stop after few seconds. The watcher detects it and reload it (every 30 sec, default configuration).

Then it works again for few seconds then openvpn process shutdown again.

Do you have any idea ?

Where can i find the logs ?

Console output at the moment where it detects the openvpn process is not up anymore :

Fri Sep 22 20:40:24 2017 ERROR: Linux route add command failed: external program exited with error status: 2                                                                                                                                                          
Fri Sep 22 20:40:24 2017 /usr/bin/ip route add 0.0.0.0/1 via 10.7.7.1                                                                                                                                                                                               

2017-09-22 20:40:24,381 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Fri Sep 22 20:40:24 2017 /usr/bin/ip route add 128.0.0.0/1 via 10.7.7.1                                                                                                                                                                                               

2017-09-22 20:40:24,385 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Fri Sep 22 20:40:24 2017 Initialization Sequence Completed                                                                                                                                                                                                            

2017-09-22 20:40:24,702 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:                                                                                                                                                                                                            
[info] Successfully retrieved external IP address 163.172.74.23                                                                                                                                                                                                       

2017-09-22 20:40:51,625 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:                                                                                                                                                                                                            
[warn] OpenVPN process terminated, restarting OpenVPN...                                                                                                                                                                                                              

2017-09-22 20:40:51,635 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Fri Sep 22 20:40:51 2017 WARNING: file 'credentials.conf' is group or others accessible                                                                                                                                                                               
Fri Sep 22 20:40:51 2017 OpenVPN 2.4.1 x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [PKCS11] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Mar 22 2017                                                                                                                 
Fri Sep 22 20:40:51 2017 library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.0e  16 Feb 2017, LZO 2.10                                                                                                                                                                                      

2017-09-22 20:40:51,637 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:                                                                                                                                                                                                            
[info] OpenVPN restarted                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

2017-09-22 20:40:51,658 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Fri Sep 22 20:40:51 2017 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts                                                                                                                                        
Fri Sep 22 20:40:51 2017 NOTE: --fast-io is disabled since we are not using UDP                                                                                                                                                                                       

2017-09-22 20:40:51,677 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Fri Sep 22 20:40:51 2017 Outgoing Control Channel Authentication: Using 512 bit message hash 'SHA512' for HMAC authentication                                                                                                                                         
Fri Sep 22 20:40:51 2017 Incoming Control Channel Authentication: Using 512 bit message hash 'SHA512' for HMAC authentication                                                                                                                                         

2017-09-22 20:40:51,677 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Fri Sep 22 20:40:51 2017 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]163.172.74.23:443                                                                                                                                                                 
Fri Sep 22 20:40:51 2017 Socket Buffers: R=[87380->87380] S=[16384->16384]                                                                                                                                                                                            
Fri Sep 22 20:40:51 2017 Attempting to establish TCP connection with [AF_INET]163.172.74.23:443 [nonblock]                                                                                                                                

OpenVPN cmd :

[debug] /usr/bin/openvpn --cd /config/openvpn --config '/config/openvpn/fr16.nordvpn.com.tcp443.ovpn' --daemon --reneg-sec 0 --mute-replay-warnings --auth-nocache --keepalive 10 60 --setenv VPN_PROV 'custom' --setenv DEBUG 'false' --setenv VPN_DEVICE_TYPE 'tun' 
--setenv VPN_REMOTE '163.172.74.23' --script-security 2 --up /root/openvpnup.sh --up-delay --up-restart --writepid /root/openvpn.pid --remap-usr1 SIGHUP --log-append /dev/stdout --auth-user-pass credentials.conf

Thank you again anyway,

Tom

PS : i am using it on a QNAP NAS.

Edited by mot9696
additional info

I am coming to Deluge from many, many years of using uTorrent. Main reason for the switch is my new unRaid server and wanting to move my torrents into a docker. So far, I really do like Deluge - especially the plugins.

I've just moved all my movies, apps, and music from uTorrent into Deluge without a problem. All my path mappings are configured with the exception of my TV folder. With uTorrent, I was able to pre-configure my torrent filename and location prior to starting the download. For TV Shows this was very useful when dealing with various seasons of a particular show. In addition, I keep my torrents seeding nearly all the time and don't necessarily worry about removing them from the client.

With Deluge, I am not seeing how to accomplish this task. I've read some posts (here and elsewhere) for similar questions as well as watched various tutorials and it seems the generic response is to run a script to copy the completed torrent file(s) and rename the copies. I do not like the idea of doubling my space simply for file management. I'm hoping that I simply overlooked a setting or plugin that will help. I'm currently using 'AutoAdd' and 'LabelPlus'.

The one thing I've considered at this point is to configure my docker with individual paths that mount to each folder of my show. For example, for Twin Peaks, I have the following folder structure:

<unRaid>/TV/Twin Peaks/Season <#>/S<#>E<#>.mkv

If I map a path to /config/tv/twinpeaks which points to the path above (minus the 'Season'), then maybe that would work. It just seems laborious to go into the docker, add the new path map before I download each show, and then restart things.

Anyone else currently tackling this? Did I overlook something simple/stupid?

Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, dharrah said:

I am coming to Deluge from many, many years of using uTorrent. Main reason for the switch is my new unRaid server and wanting to move my torrents into a docker. So far, I really do like Deluge - especially the plugins.

I've just moved all my movies, apps, and music from uTorrent into Deluge without a problem. All my path mappings are configured with the exception of my TV folder. With uTorrent, I was able to pre-configure my torrent filename and location prior to starting the download. For TV Shows this was very useful when dealing with various seasons of a particular show. In addition, I keep my torrents seeding nearly all the time and don't necessarily worry about removing them from the client.

With Deluge, I am not seeing how to accomplish this task. I've read some posts (here and elsewhere) for similar questions as well as watched various tutorials and it seems the generic response is to run a script to copy the completed torrent file(s) and rename the copies. I do not like the idea of doubling my space simply for file management. I'm hoping that I simply overlooked a setting or plugin that will help. I'm currently using 'AutoAdd' and 'LabelPlus'.

The one thing I've considered at this point is to configure my docker with individual paths that mount to each folder of my show. For example, for Twin Peaks, I have the following folder structure:

<unRaid>/TV/Twin Peaks/Season <#>/S<#>E<#>.mkv

If I map a path to /config/tv/twinpeaks which points to the path above (minus the 'Season'), then maybe that would work. It just seems laborious to go into the docker, add the new path map before I download each show, and then restart things.

Anyone else currently tackling this? Did I overlook something simple/stupid?

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried using sonarr?  It will move the completed downloads for you automatically

Just upgraded to 6.40rc9f and the initial reboot failed.  After a restart (with parity check)  delugevpn fails to start.

The log contains:

Created by...
___. .__ .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > <
|___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2017-09-23 19:59:08.657658 [info] Host is running unRAID
2017-09-23 19:59:08.877041 [info] System information Linux 2d6ab80a01be 4.12.14-unRAID #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 20 11:41:59 PDT 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2017-09-23 19:59:08.964549 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2017-09-23 19:59:09.135634 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2017-09-23 19:59:09.687772 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2017-09-23 19:59:09.757070 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2017-09-23 19:59:09.868686 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2017-09-23 19:59:10.101475 [info] OpenVPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/Netherlands.ovpn
dos2unix: converting file /config/openvpn/Netherlands.ovpn to Unix format...
2017-09-23 19:59:10.225978 [crit] VPN configuration file /config/openvpn/Netherlands.ovpn does not contain 'remote' line, showing contents of file before exit...

It turns out that the .ovpn file had become empty (zero length)!  Replaced the file, and all appears to be okay.

14 minutes ago, dharrah said:

Not yet, because I'm not interested in doubling my disk space requirements that would be needed when Sonarr copies the file to allow for seeding. 

IIRC, hardlinks are also supported in Sonarr. Don't use them personally so can't really say how well they work. Haven't seen anyone posting problems though.

Does anyone know a way to eliminate the password prompt from Deluge?  even if I make the password blank, it still prompts me for a password.  I don't allow remote access, so it's just me, and I'm tired of the prompt now.  I use Firefox as my browser, and have tried to have it remember the password, but it doesn't, and I can't manually add any sites to the list, so I seem to be stuck.

Also, anyone know a way to have Deluge be the default handler of magnet links, without a plugin?

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, JustinChase said:

Does anyone know a way to eliminate the password prompt from Deluge?  even if I make the password blank, it still prompts me for a password.  I don't allow remote access, so it's just me, and I'm tired of the prompt now.  I use Firefox as my browser, and have tried to have it remember the password, but it doesn't, and I can't manually add any sites to the list, so I seem to be stuck.

Also, anyone know a way to have Deluge be the default handler of magnet links, without a plugin?

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK, You can't remove the prompt, I too use an empty password.

I don't know what exactly you're trying to do but if you click the green "+" you can paste a magnet link and it'll grab the torrent.

Whenever I use DelugeVPN it intermittently every couple of minutes knocks out my internet connection for a few mins e.g. nzbget, web traffic, youtube etc slows to a halt.  basically all traffic stops, including torrents, and then it all 'restarts' after a min or so.

I'm guessing it's something in the connection number settings that is causing the problem as I have a slow 19/1 ADSL2+ connection?  I've tried reducing max connectons, upload speed, half-open, max connections/sec, max connections per torrent, upload slots per torrent and total active torrents - whenever I think I've cracked it, I just get problems a few minutes later.

Has anyone else had this problem and cracked it?

Other info that might be useful:

- I'm using airvpn

- I've got a forwarded port 19182 from airvpn that I've put in both the incoming and outgoing ports and I haven't (as instructed by airvpn) forwarded this in my router

- I had an airvpn client also running in my pfsense router which I've just disabled to see if that helps as I don't need it now I've got this docker and privoxy

- I've unticked UPnP and NAT-PMP

- I've installed ITConfig plugin and set to 'High Performance Seed'

I'm using this on Ubuntu 16.04 server, and notice my torrents are downloading much slower compared to my home PC.

The server is in Germany, and has a 1 Gbit/s down and up connection. My VPN (PIA) is set to the same country. When I start torrents it downloads it with a few MB/s.

At home I have a 100 Mbit/s down and 30 Mbit/s upload connection. When I start the same torrents there it reaches the maximum download speed almost instantaniously, which is about 12 MB/s.

I opened up the Deluge ports in the firewall of my server. The server hard drives are fine and can handle great speeds. What is holding it down?

17 hours ago, Rourke said:

The server is in Germany, and has a 1 Gbit/s down and up connection. My VPN (PIA) is set to the same country. 

this would be your problem, germany does not support port forwarding, and thus your speeds will be VERY low, you need to connect to a endpoint that does support port forwarding, see here Q7.:-

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=433613

19 hours ago, DZMM said:

Whenever I use DelugeVPN it intermittently every couple of minutes knocks out my internet connection for a few mins e.g. nzbget, web traffic, youtube etc slows to a halt.  basically all traffic stops, including torrents, and then it all 'restarts' after a min or so.

the usual cause of this is a router that isnt really man enough to deal with the multiple connections that torrenting can cause, unfortunately the only way to know if this is the case is to replace your router, which i can understand you dont want to do unless your sure thats the cause. 

one thing you could try is to just run a traditional torrent client NOT inside a container, just get yourself a windows pc, put deluge on it and download a well seeded iso, try and download something with lots of seeds and peers to ensure you get a lot of connections going on as this is probably the issue, if this causes the same symptoms then you know its your router.