[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

47 minutes ago, binhex said:

it looks like the ovpn file is referencing some up/down scripts, which dont exist and aren't needed, please edit the ovpn file and remove the two lines:-

up /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf
down /etc/openvpn/update-resolv-conf

then save and restart the container, if its still causing an issue then repeat the log with debug on and post.

I have removed those 2 lines but im still having the issue.

supervisord.log

3 minutes ago, mattmill said:

I have removed that line now but it still wont start properly.

supervisord.log

ahh its actively pushing options to you as well, as can be seen here:-

,route-ipv6 4000::/2,route-ipv6 8000::/2,route-ipv6 C000::

ok you can also prevent this by adding the following into your ovpn file:-

pull-filter ignore "route-ipv6"
pull-filter ignore "ifconfig-ipv6"

that hopefully should do it.

• Like 1

I'm trying to do a custom setup of DelugeVPN using NordVPN as a provider. I've searched and scanned thro the '[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN' board and keep fining references to the FAQ on message #2. Is this the msg that binhex posted 21st Jan 16 as all I see is 'reserved'. 

Please can somebody mark me card and point to the 'guide/FAQ'  

mark

5 minutes ago, markmecard said:

I'm trying to do a custom setup of DelugeVPN using NordVPN as a provider. I've searched and scanned thro the '[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN' board and keep fining references to the FAQ on message #2. Is this the msg that binhex posted 21st Jan 16 as all I see is 'reserved'. 

mark

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/

scroll down to newbie guide.

2 hours ago, binhex said:

Found it. 

For anyone else on a similar learning curve, here is what I did.

I read benhex's newbie guide.

Then, I read benhex's newbie guide - again

I set (Key 8) VPN_PROV to Custom and installed the docker, started the GUI and got an error - invalid IP.

I googled and found that you can download OpenVPN Configuration Files | NordVPN  such as xx99.Nordvpn.com.tcp999.ovpn and/or xx99.Nordvpn.com.udp999.ovpn (files) which I  copied into \appdata\delugevpn-flexget\openvpn folder on my server.

I noted the VPN_PROTOCOL (Key 6) was set to udp, so I used Notepad++ to open the xx99.Nordvpn.com.udp999.ovpn and found an entry for 'remote', which consisted of a IP address 999.999.99.9 which I copied across into VPN_REMOTE (Key 4) and a 4 digit (port) number which I copied across into VPN_PORT (Key 5).

I then used the remaining defaults and apply'd the changes, stopped and restarted the docker and ran the WEBUI, which ran and asked for a password.

Since I am in, and have downloaded a ubunto iso (been following Spaceinvaders videos :) ), I think I have it working correctly, ie i'm downloading via NordVPN (2.3mb rate)

Many thanks benhex

mark

"always nice when your on a steep learning curve if someone passes you a ladder"..

27 minutes ago, markmecard said:

I noted the VPN_PROTOCOL (Key 6) was set to udp, so I used Notepad++ to open the xx99.Nordvpn.com.udp999.ovpn and found an entry for 'remote', which consisted of a IP address 999.999.99.9 which I copied across into VPN_REMOTE (Key 4) and a 4 digit (port) number which I copied across into VPN_PORT (Key 5).

whilst im pleased you got it going, the above is not quite right, you don't actually need to define VPN_PROTOCOL, VPN_REMOTE or VPN_PORT, those are old template env vars which now are defunct, instead if you wish to change endpoint you just drop in the ovpn file with the relevant endpoint you want to switch to. i did spot some FAQ questions lower down the post that are now out of date so i will remove those now to prevent any confusion.

I set up the binhex Deluge container yesterday similar to the spaceinvaders one tutorial, including the file downloads file structure on a separate cache drive. I started a large torrent to test it overnight. When I work up the next morning the torrent was at 60% complete but was stopped due to an error. It appears that the mover moved the incomplete downloaded file overnight, removing them from the cache drive and causing an error within Deluge. What is the best way to prevent the mover from tampering/moving incomplete downloaded files?

Mind you I am very new to unRAID and don't have the best grasp of configuring everything yet.

1 minute ago, mmatia said:

I set up the binhex Deluge container yesterday similar to the spaceinvaders one tutorial, including the file downloads file structure on a separate cache drive. I started a large torrent to test it overnight. When I work up the next morning the torrent was at 60% complete but was stopped due to an error. It appears that the mover moved the incomplete downloaded file overnight, removing them from the cache drive and causing an error within Deluge. What is the best way to prevent the mover from tampering/moving incomplete downloaded files?

Mind you I am very new to unRAID and don't have the best grasp of configuring everything yet.

You need to set the share containing the download folder to cache prefer and run mover again. This will result in the share getting moved back to cache and remaining there.

Thanks for the reply! If I understand correctly, setting the share to prefer will always keep the downloads on the cache drive unless it completely fills up. In the tutorial is was specifically explained to set the the cache drive to yes. Do you know why that is? I think I want the mover to automatically move completed downloads, just not the incomplete ones that are still downloading. I just want to make sure I understand everything correctly.

Honestly, I would set a path for incomplete downloads to a folder on your cache drive. Something like /mnt/cache/incomplete. Set cache for the share  incomplete tovprefered. And then set the Deluge app to automatically move completed downloads to another folder in the location of your choice. Maybe on the protected array /mnt/diskX/deluge/completed if you want to maintain the files for seeding. This way there would be less chance of filling the cache since the downloads are moved as soon as the complete.

Another option (my choice) is to mount a disk outside the array using the Unassigned Devices plugin and map my /data path to that drive. This is only a good option if you don’t want parity protection for the files contained there though.

22 hours ago, wgstarks said:

You need to set the share containing the download folder to cache prefer and run mover again. This will result in the share getting moved back to cache and remaining there.

19 hours ago, mmatia said:

Thanks for the reply! If I understand correctly, setting the share to prefer will always keep the downloads on the cache drive unless it completely fills up. In the tutorial is was specifically explained to set the the cache drive to yes. Do you know why that is? I think I want the mover to automatically move completed downloads, just not the incomplete ones that are still downloading. I just want to make sure I understand everything correctly.

19 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Honestly, I would set a path for incomplete downloads to a folder on your cache drive. Something like /mnt/cache/incomplete. Set cache for the share  incomplete tovprefered. And then set the Deluge app to automatically move completed downloads to another folder in the location of your choice. Maybe on the protected array /mnt/diskX/deluge/completed if you want to maintain the files for seeding. This way there would be less chance of filling the cache since the downloads are moved as soon as the complete.

Another option (my choice) is to mount a disk outside the array using the Unassigned Devices plugin and map my /data path to that drive. This is only a good option if you don’t want parity protection for the files contained there though.

I had a long chat with gridrunner on reddit about using "/mnt/user/..." for everything instead of "/mnt/cache/..." 

There was a bug a while ago which has been fixed.

I personally use Cache: YES because I want the leftover junk to be moved to the array and not take up space on the cache so I can download more later.

Edited by MowMdown
On 10/13/2017 at 6:15 AM, markmecard said:

mark

I once used NordVPN but they do not port forward so expect very very slow downloads (in the few hundred KiB range)

I suggest PIA (privateinternetaccess) $40 a year

Edited by MowMdown

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have delugevpn installed and it works fine for downloading torrents. I can access the web interface for deluge and apps can push torrents through the webui. I cannot, however, get Privoxy to work. I set up chrome to use the proxy at 192.168.0.101:8118 and it errors with no internet connection. If I try to use curl to grab my IP addess it gets connection refused:

curl ipinfo.io/ip
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 192.168.0.101 port 8118: Connection refused

I disabled Privoxy on this container, installed binhex's sabnzbvp and configured it to port 8119 with all the same results. I have no rules set in my client computer's iptables (running Ubuntu 16.04) and there's no errors in the delugevpn logs.

I did notice that the privoxy config file in the container's folder is empty.

/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/privoxy# ls -la
total 164
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   156 Oct 15 22:21 ./
drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users  4096 Oct 15 22:21 ../
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users     0 Oct 15 22:21 config*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 91347 Nov  6  2016 default.action*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 40438 Nov  6  2016 default.filter*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   627 Nov  6  2016 match-all.action*
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  4096 Nov  6  2016 templates/
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  3761 Nov  6  2016 trust*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  8794 Nov  6  2016 user.action*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  3334 Nov  6  2016 user.filter*

I have intermediate networking skills. How do I find out what's blocking access to the proxy server?  THANKS!

On 16/10/2017 at 6:48 AM, nowhere said:

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have delugevpn installed and it works fine for downloading torrents. I can access the web interface for deluge and apps can push torrents through the webui. I cannot, however, get Privoxy to work. I set up chrome to use the proxy at 192.168.0.101:8118 and it errors with no internet connection. If I try to use curl to grab my IP addess it gets connection refused:

curl ipinfo.io/ip
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 192.168.0.101 port 8118: Connection refused

I disabled Privoxy on this container, installed binhex's sabnzbvp and configured it to port 8119 with all the same results. I have no rules set in my client computer's iptables (running Ubuntu 16.04) and there's no errors in the delugevpn logs.

I did notice that the privoxy config file in the container's folder is empty.

/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-delugevpn/privoxy# ls -la
total 164
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   156 Oct 15 22:21 ./
drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users  4096 Oct 15 22:21 ../
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users     0 Oct 15 22:21 config*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 91347 Nov  6  2016 default.action*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users 40438 Nov  6  2016 default.filter*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users   627 Nov  6  2016 match-all.action*
drwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  4096 Nov  6  2016 templates/
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  3761 Nov  6  2016 trust*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  8794 Nov  6  2016 user.action*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 nobody users  3334 Nov  6  2016 user.filter*

I have intermediate networking skills. How do I find out what's blocking access to the proxy server?  THANKS!

have a watch of the following video, it will walk you through setting it up:- 

Thanks binhex, but all that I know how to do. The problem is that once all that is done, I get a connection refused error message when pointing a browser's proxy settings on another machine to the unraid server's IP 192.168.0.101:8118. Here's the error message from SickRage in a docker on the same machine as the delugevpn docker:

017-10-17 19:53:54 INFO     SEARCHQUEUE-DAILY-SEARCH :: [Rarbg] :: Request failed: HTTPConnectionPool(host=u'192.168.0.101', port=8118): Max retries exceeded with url: http://torrentapi.org/pubapi_v2.php?get_token=get_token&app_id=sickrage2&format=json (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', error(104, 'Connection reset by peer')))

my iptables on the browser machine is clear (but it shouldn't matter because I can't connect from other dockers on the same unraid server):

~$ sudo iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination         

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

the iptables on the unraid machine are here. I'm not expert enough to determine if they are right but I did not set them. Installing dockers and virtual machines is what must have set them.

~# sudo iptables -L    
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:bootps
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:bootps

ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             192.168.122.0/24     ctstate RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     all  --  192.168.122.0/24     anywhere            
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
DOCKER-ISOLATION  all  --  anywhere             anywhere            
DOCKER     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             ctstate RELATED,ESTABLISHED

ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:bootpc

Chain DOCKER (1 references)
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.2           tcp dpt:8081
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.4           tcp dpt:sip
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.5           tcp dpt:8989
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.6           tcp dpt:9117
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.3           tcp dpt:58846
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.3           tcp dpt:8118
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.3           tcp dpt:8112

Chain DOCKER-ISOLATION (1 references)
RETURN     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            

searching TCP in wireshark while trying to surf thru the proxy in chrome I see some chatter repeated over and over, highlighted in red

378	12.061765503	192.168.0.101	192.168.0.175	TCP	60	8118 → 34970 [RST, ACK] Seq=1 Ack=1 Win=0 Len=0

8 hours ago, nowhere said:

Thanks binhex, but all that I know how to do. The problem is that once all that is done, I get a connection refused error message when pointing a browser's proxy settings on another machine to the unraid server's IP 192.168.0.101:8118. Here's the error message from SickRage in a docker on the same machine as the delugevpn docker:

017-10-17 19:53:54 INFO     SEARCHQUEUE-DAILY-SEARCH :: [Rarbg] :: Request failed: HTTPConnectionPool(host=u'192.168.0.101', port=8118): Max retries exceeded with url: http://torrentapi.org/pubapi_v2.php?get_token=get_token&app_id=sickrage2&format=json (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', error(104, 'Connection reset by peer')))

my iptables on the browser machine is clear (but it shouldn't matter because I can't connect from other dockers on the same unraid server):

~$ sudo iptables -L

the iptables on the unraid machine are here. I'm not expert enough to determine if they are right but I did not set them. Installing dockers and virtual machines is what must have set them.

~# sudo iptables -L    
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:bootps
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere             tcp dpt:bootps

ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             192.168.122.0/24     ctstate RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     all  --  192.168.122.0/24     anywhere            
DOCKER-ISOLATION  all  --  anywhere             anywhere            
DOCKER     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere             ctstate RELATED,ESTABLISHED

ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere             udp dpt:bootpc

Chain DOCKER (1 references)
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.2           tcp dpt:8081
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.4           tcp dpt:sip
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.5           tcp dpt:8989
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.6           tcp dpt:9117
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.3           tcp dpt:58846
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.3           tcp dpt:8118
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             172.17.0.3           tcp dpt:8112

Chain DOCKER-ISOLATION (1 references)
RETURN     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            

searching TCP in wireshark while trying to surf thru the proxy in chrome I see some chatter repeated over and over, highlighted in red

378	12.061765503	192.168.0.101	192.168.0.175	TCP	60	8118 → 34970 [RST, ACK] Seq=1 Ack=1 Win=0 Len=0

ok i would suspect you probably have the LAN_NETWORK defined incorrectly, can you tell me what you have this set as, also what is the IP address of your unraid server?.

4 hours ago, Zero said:

Do you might have an idea why the plugins don't work for me 99% of the time? Whenever I reboot the plugins are disabled again and I have to re-enable them

Have  you tried to nuke your docker image and pull down all the containers again?  I Remember having this issue once and I think that solved it for me

6 minutes ago, strike said:

In sickrage you must include http://  looking at your SR log it looks like you just have defined 192.168.0.101

Thanks but I can't connect from regular browsers either. I went ahead and tried just in case, to add the http:// in the sickrage proxy field but no luck connecting. The log didn't change either...

2017-10-18 18:25:39 INFO     CHECKVERSION :: Request failed: HTTPConnectionPool(host=u'192.168.0.101', port=8118): Max retries exceeded with url: http://sickrage.github.io/sickrage-news/news.md (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', error(104, 'Connection reset by peer')))
2017-10-18 18:25:39 WARNING  MAIN :: Updating network timezones failed, this can happen from time to time. URL: http://sickrage.github.io/sb_network_timezones/network_timezones.txt
2017-10-18 18:25:39 INFO     MAIN :: Request failed: HTTPConnectionPool(host=u'192.168.0.101', port=8118): Max retries exceeded with url: http://sickrage.github.io/sb_network_timezones/network_timezones.txt (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', error(104, 'Connection reset by peer')))

You mentioned you're using chrome, do you use an extention or do you use the proxy setting in the OS? If you are using an extention have you tried a diffrent one? I remember a another user having problems with a chrome proxy extention, and IIRC he solved it by using a different extention. Or maybe configure your OS settings to use the proxy. Please also post your entire supervisord.log from you delugevpn appdata folder,  maybe we can spot something there. 

Edit: And yeah, please enable debug logging in the deluge container

Edited by strike