[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

9 hours ago, Hoopster said:

These are default docker settings, I modified nothing.

I dont have UDP for 58946, otherwise this looks the same as mine. This could be a part of the VPN?

Where did you get "10.21.10.6" from in the interface setting? Is this the IP of your USG?

Seems I got it working simply by changing the port from 58846 to some other port on the incoming port :)

On 1/21/2018 at 6:03 PM, binhex said:

If there is no mention then I suspect that provider doesn't offer port forwarding, switch to pia or airvpn (recommended providers)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think I have deluge-vpn setup and working 'mostly', (works perfectly with VPN disabled)

It seems to take a while to start up and 'get an IP' before the webgui starts. Files do start downloading momentarily when it first starts up. Then it seems like it won't connect to any more seeds/peers which is why I suspect its a port forwarding issue

I noticed when it started up that the 'tracker status' was ok. After everything slows and stops, I updated the trackers and it changes to 

"trackername": Error: Host not found (authoritative)

My VPN does 'provide' port forwarding, but I guess it's not activated by default? or on a specific port?

Here is a link to what they have to say about it, I am supposed to request a specific port from them, but I'm not really sure what to ask for, or what to do with it in the docker settings.
https://ghostpath.com/support/port-forwarding

This VPN comes bundled with my Usenet, and I don't really need it, so not considering pia or airvpn.

Another general question I have. If I want to change servers I am connecting too, can I just update the server address in the docker? or do I also need to download the new ovpn file? Can I store multiple ovpn files in the appdata?

Edited by samtrois
more info
4 hours ago, Fredrick said:

I dont have UDP for 58946, otherwise this looks the same as mine. This could be a part of the VPN?

Where did you get "10.21.10.6" from in the interface setting? Is this the IP of your USG?

Seems I got it working simply by changing the port from 58846 to some other port on the incoming port :)

My LAN is 192.168.1.x (the USG/Gateway is 192.168.1.1) and the Public IP/WAN address of the USG is, of course, something very different .  The 10.21.10.x network is not anything I have configured.  It must have been assigned as an internal network by the the Deluge install. 

Glad it is working for you now.  Strange that you had to change the 58846 port and then it worked.  Not likely, but, was some other docker using that port?

Anyone else have problems with deluge spiking (personally, it goes from 10mb/s - loses connection for a sec (iptables protection?) - comes back and is at 1000kb/s and climbing back up to 10mb/s before the process repeats itself in 20~ seconds)? I'm thinking it's the "fastresume" file from deluge or somehow the 30 second tun-ip/port polling from deluge-script that is causing it. Just wondering if other people have the same problem?

btw, I went through some of the supervisor logs posted here to troubleshoot, and I can see that a lot of you don't obfuscate your VPN username+password in the log file so it's just there in clear-text. Might wanna remove that info before you post so that your accounts don't get hijacked.

Edited by Elevator
10 hours ago, Elevator said:

Anyone else have problems with deluge spiking (personally, it goes from 10mb/s - loses connection for a sec (iptables protection?) - comes back and is at 1000kb/s and climbing back up to 10mb/s before the process repeats itself in 20~ seconds)? I'm thinking it's the "fastresume" file from deluge or somehow the 30 second tun-ip/port polling from deluge-script that is causing it. Just wondering if other people have the same problem?

btw, I went through some of the supervisor logs posted here to troubleshoot, and I can see that a lot of you don't obfuscate your VPN username+password in the log file so it's just there in clear-text. Might wanna remove that info before you post so that your accounts don't get hijacked.

have a look here, Q5:-

Hello!

Thank you for your wonderful contribution. I have a couple of questions.

1) Is it possible to set deluge to work with a macvlan network? I am able to get the webUI to work with the VPN disabled, but when I enable it I can't access the webUI. If I change the mode back to bridge instead of macvlan, everything works ok ) VPN enabled and disabled.

2) I get super slow speeds with PIA. If I check the open ports, they do appear to be open but I only get maybe 500 Kib/s and I have a 150 Mbps connection. What could be the problem?

Thank you!

On 1/16/2018 at 9:49 PM, fixer said:

After upgrading to the latest UnRAID Server, my DelugeVPN showed up blank - but the settings were still there and the browser tab showed bandwidth in and out and some torrents finished.  Updated DelugeVPN docket today and now nothing shows up in Deluge and the settings are all blank.

Did I lose all my settings, everything queued and everything in process?

Looks like it may have had nothing to do with upgrading, as it's done it again.  Blank Deluge with empty queue and blank settings

On 1/28/2018 at 4:17 PM, J_Hizzal said:

Anyone have any thoughts on how I can solve the WebGUI not working properly? There seems to be a number of Javascript errors being thrown and I'm not sure of the root cause or even how to investigate. I've attached an image showing the issue. 

EDIT: I found the issue. I have Radarr let up, and there was several corrupt files, so it was sending over the same file over and over and over, causing an error.

Could you go into more detail about how you found the corrupt file and removed it?

Looks like it's not getting a valid IP from the tunnel. It fails a bunch of times then it's able to get a valid IP one time from what I can see, then it "thinks" it's getting a  valid IP but it's really the IP from the tun adapter (I think). Anyway if you were able to get a valid IP from the tunnel it won't do you any good, as private trackers won't work at all and with public trackers you'll get slow speed due to the fact that tigervpn doesn't support port forwarding. As far as I can tell anyway. You'd be better off trying AirVPN or PIA.

I upgraded to Unraid 6.4, and since then, the following problem.. I am using NordVPN (so, custom).

- delugevpn GUI stopped working. Not sure if deluge itself was still working under the hood

- tried to fix it, failed.. deleted from unraid

- re-added via template, same issue persists (but when VPN disabled, all my settings/torrents still there)

- notice that newly installed one has fewer/different layout of 'custom' VPN variables than the older previously working one.. Have replicated them manually

- still doesn't work

- seems to loop around telling me my credentials have incorrect permissions (these are set by docker..) 

Log attached - quite a weird one! Happy to cough up beers for a solution :) 

supervisord.log

20 minutes ago, jmbrnt said:

I upgraded to Unraid 6.4, and since then, the following problem.. I am using NordVPN (so, custom).

- delugevpn GUI stopped working. Not sure if deluge itself was still working under the hood

- tried to fix it, failed.. deleted from unraid

- re-added via template, same issue persists (but when VPN disabled, all my settings/torrents still there)

- notice that newly installed one has fewer/different layout of 'custom' VPN variables than the older previously working one.. Have replicated them manually

- still doesn't work

- seems to loop around telling me my credentials have incorrect permissions (these are set by docker..) 

Log attached - quite a weird one! Happy to cough up beers for a solution :) 

supervisord.log

Please enable debug logging by setting the debug variable to true, delete the supervisord.log file, restart the container and let it run for a few min. then post a new log. BUT I strongly suggest you try another VPN provider (AirVPN or PIA are good ones) as you'll get really low speed due to the fact that NordVPN does not support port forwarding.  

Is there any chance the docker will be updated to support the new port-forwarding servers on PIA?

one of the following port forwarding enabled gateways:

• CA Toronto
  • CA Montreal
  • CA Vancouver
  • Czech Republic
  • Netherlands
  • Spain
  • Switzerland
  • Sweden
  • France
  • Germany
  • Romania
  • Israel

Currently the script looks for:

[warn] PIA endpoint 'czech.privateinternetaccess.com' doesn't support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds will be slow
[info] Please consider switching to an endpoint that does support port forwarding, shown below:-
[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Toronto)
[info] ca.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Montreal)
[info] nl.privateinternetaccess.com (Netherlands)
[info] swiss.privateinternetaccess.com (Switzerland)
[info] sweden.privateinternetaccess.com (Sweden)
[info] france.privateinternetaccess.com (France)
[info] ro.privateinternetaccess.com (Romania)
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com (Israel)

20 hours ago, strike said:

Please enable debug logging by setting the debug variable to true, delete the supervisord.log file, restart the container and let it run for a few min. then post a new log. BUT I strongly suggest you try another VPN provider (AirVPN or PIA are good ones) as you'll get really low speed due to the fact that NordVPN does not support port forwarding.  

Argh, sorry - I thought I had debug on. Re-attached.

Nord I have a year of subscription left and have been using them at near-linespeed for over a year in this setup - so even if it's slow I'm keen to keep using it - at least until I can get delugevpn to load again! :)

Thanks for your time

supervisord_debug.log

On 1/29/2018 at 11:55 PM, Elevator said:

On 1/30/2018 at 10:16 AM, binhex said:

have a look here, Q5:-

Yepp!

Seems like disk fragmentation or the filesystem was the problem. I'm not too knowledgeable on filesystems but I just formatted the drive to ext4 instead of NTFS (used with NTFS-3G) since I know it preallocates way better, and it seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks for the heads up, wouldn't have looked into it otherwise!

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not. I am looking for help trying to figure out how to do port forwarding with deluge vpn. I just installed it last night, and set it up exactly how it is shown in the updated spaceinvader one youtube video, complete with PIA vpn set to Netherlands because they apparently allow for port forwarding. The trouble is, nowhere in the video does it say how to set up port forwarding.

I have the fastest internet available around me which is advertised as 60 mb/s, and speed test shows that I get 60-65. Yet the highest I have seen a single torrent dl go is approx. 500 kb/s.

I have been googling, trying to figure out how to do this, but can't seem to find anything online about it. The only things I have found are suggestions not to use the Netherlands as my access point, stating it is slower than others. There are also others saying that port forwarding doesn't do anything with pia and deluge vpn? And still others touting the plugin itconfig as some magic cure to all speed issues. I am trying to avoid changing anything from the settings that I saw in the video until I have ruled out the port forwarding that was mentioned as a fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I think I have found info about how to port forward my asus RT-AC68U router, and it looks simple enough. I will need to plug in my IP, which I have set to static. But I will also need to plug in a port number. Not 100% certain which one to plug in, or if I do multiple ones? I used 8118 to route sonarr and radarr though my vpn like instructed in spaceinvader one's videos. Is that what I use?

Edited by jebusfreek666
Update

I think you just need to make sure port-forwarding is enabled in your delugevpn config. This should not be done on your router, this is being tunnelled through you router, so it won't see the port to be forwarded. There is a setting called 'strict port forwarding' or similar, that needs to be set to yes. 

36 minutes ago, jmbrnt said:

I think you just need to make sure port-forwarding is enabled in your delugevpn config. This should not be done on your router, this is being tunnelled through you router, so it won't see the port to be forwarded. There is a setting called 'strict port forwarding' or similar, that needs to be set to yes. 

I am at work now, but will look into this when I get home tonight. So, just to be clear, there is a file I need to open and edit right? This isn't changed through the preferences menu inside of deluge vpn?

5 minutes ago, jebusfreek666 said:

I am at work now, but will look into this when I get home tonight. So, just to be clear, there is a file I need to open and edit right? This isn't changed through the preferences menu inside of deluge vpn?

It is your docker configuration. Go to docker and edit the delugevpn docker.

9 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

It is your docker configuration. Go to docker and edit the delugevpn docker.

Ok, just rewatched the video on youtube. I followed this video completely, and it looks like STRICT_PORT_FORWARD defaults to yes anyway. So this means that I already have the port forwarded? If so, there has to be another reason why my dl speed is so terrible. I am guessing now that it has to do with the indexer I have added. I would like to add more, but could not figure out how to do that last night. All of them except one required me to input info I did not have. Does that mean that I need to go to those sites and sign up for an account to get this info?

3 minutes ago, jebusfreek666 said:

Ok, just rewatched the video on youtube. I followed this video completely, and it looks like STRICT_PORT_FORWARD defaults to yes anyway. So this means that I already have the port forwarded? If so, there has to be another reason why my dl speed is so terrible. I am guessing now that it has to do with the indexer I have added. I would like to add more, but could not figure out how to do that last night. All of them except one required me to input info I did not have. Does that mean that I need to go to those sites and sign up for an account to get this info?

Try a big public torrent like Ubuntu http://releases.ubuntu.com/17.10/ubuntu-17.10.1-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent 

1 minute ago, jmbrnt said:

ok, super dumb question. How to I point my server at that file? I have only had it up and running a couple days, and everything I have done has been from watching spaceinvader ones videos. So the only things going to deluge are from sonarr and radarr. Sorry, complete newb with all of this. I haven't even figured out how to access the server from outside my house yet. :)

1 minute ago, jebusfreek666 said:

ok, super dumb question. How to I point my server at that file? I have only had it up and running a couple days, and everything I have done has been from watching spaceinvader ones videos. So the only things going to deluge are from sonarr and radarr. Sorry, complete newb with all of this. I haven't even figured out how to access the server from outside my house yet. :)

When you set up deluge (by editing the docker via the Unraid GUI) - you will have set up a /data path.. That path will represent a folder on your unraid filesystem where deluge will download things.. 

For me, it's this:

image.png.30e44d690695e714608b452da47cb106.png

So, if I ssh onto my Unraid box, and type 'cd /mnt/user/incoming' I end up in that folder. Deluge can 'see' this folder, so you can put a .torrent file in there and add it - or you can setup a subfolder to hold torrent files and tell Deluge to 'watch' that folder, then it will pickup automatically.

I do that, so I grab a .torrent file on my Windows machine and paste it into that mounted 'new_torrent' folder (which lives on the Unraid box, in reality) - and hey presto, it downloads for me :)

4 minutes ago, jmbrnt said:

When you set up deluge (by editing the docker via the Unraid GUI) - you will have set up a /data path.. That path will represent a folder on your unraid filesystem where deluge will download things.. 

For me, it's this:

image.png.30e44d690695e714608b452da47cb106.png

So, if I ssh onto my Unraid box, and type 'cd /mnt/user/incoming' I end up in that folder. Deluge can 'see' this folder, so you can put a .torrent file in there and add it - or you can setup a subfolder to hold torrent files and tell Deluge to 'watch' that folder, then it will pickup automatically.

I do that, so I grab a .torrent file on my Windows machine and paste it into that mounted 'new_torrent' folder (which lives on the Unraid box, in reality) - and hey presto, it downloads for me :)

Wow, everyone on this site is leagues ahead of me when it comes to this stuff. I will play around with it a bit when I get home tonight, and I am grateful for the help. But I feel like a 10 year old sitting in a college lecture.....