[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

If i do a curl localhost:8112 or sub.domain.com:8112 on the server via ssh, I get a response from deluge:

<head>
<title>Deluge: Web UI 1.3.15</title>

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/icons/deluge.png" type="image/png" />
<link rel="icon" href="/icons/deluge.png" type="image/png" />
<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" media="screen and (resolution: 163dpi)" href="/icons/apple-pre-57.png" />
<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" media="screen and (resolution: 132dpi)" href="/icons/apple-pre-72.png" />
<link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" media="screen and (resolution: 326dpi)" href="/icons/apple-pre-114.png" />

<!-- Stylesheets -->
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/ext-all-notheme.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/themes/css/xtheme-gray.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/ext-extensions.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/deluge.css" />

<script type="text/javascript">
deluge = {
author: 'Damien Churchill <damoxc@gmail.com>',
version: '1.3.15',

but if i do it from my PC i get a timeout. And i cant for the life of me get the 58846 to connect with my Deluge thin client app. but im guessing the 2 problems are related :(

if i run with VPN off everything works ...

Edited by saitoh183
6 hours ago, strike said:

Also I hope you have set up authentication for your services behind the reverse proxy, or else anybody can mess with them. Specially now when you have published your domain name and all. You might want to get on that asap if you don't have authentication set up.

its not the real domain name :)

8 hours ago, strike said:

No, I mean on the remote router, port 58846 needs to be forwarded to your server. I assume you (or someone where your server is located) has forwarded ports on the remote router before. Because in order to get the jwilder nginx container to work port 443 needs to be forwarded to your server, and your container is obviously working so someone must have done it.

@Spike

via iptables? I tried a few things in there but to no avail 

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 58846 -j REDIRECT --to-port 58846
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 58846 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 58846 -j ACCEPT
iptables --append FORWARD --match tcp --protocol tcp --sport 58846 --dport 58846 --jump ACCEPT

Edited by saitoh183

I'm trying to getting it to work with PureVPN on my Synology DS1511+, but i can't figure out what is wrong.

I've added tls-cipher "DEFAULT:@SECLEVEL=0" to my ovpn file, else i'me getting "VERIFY ERROR: depth=0, error=CA signature digest algorithm too weak: C=HK, ST=HK, L=HongKong, O=PureVPN, OU=IT, CN=PureVPN, name=PureVPN, [email protected]".

supervisord.log

I'm getting ERROR: Linux route add command failed: external program exited with error status: 2 and i can't figure out where this comes from. It is not possible to call the ui.

Edited by cfrets
Added more info
15 hours ago, DigitalLF said:

I just setup DelugeVPN with a public IP from a VPN provider. How do i save iptables so and can at least setup a basic firewall?

HOWTO save iptables for TUN0 in this docker? i would love to have block all but two ports (deluge ports) on the TUN0.

This container already has iptables rules set up so you don't need to worry about that. 

• Like 1

Got this message via email-

Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint binhex-delugevpn (4ffca8522d65eb52cdce4c3166862eb1f2d2de5a375c2d150430ea3bef76a14c): Error starting userland proxy: listen udp 0.0.0.0:58946: bind: address already in use
Error: failed to start containers: binhex-delugevpn

Now the docker fails to start.

FirefoxScreenSnapz012.thumb.jpg.7ef0d0f061447cbd902f8a88b73f3b65.jpg

supervisord.log.txt

Edited by wgstarks
12 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Got this message via email-

Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint binhex-delugevpn (4ffca8522d65eb52cdce4c3166862eb1f2d2de5a375c2d150430ea3bef76a14c): Error starting userland proxy: listen udp 0.0.0.0:58946: bind: address already in use
Error: failed to start containers: binhex-delugevpn

Now the docker fails to start.

FirefoxScreenSnapz012.thumb.jpg.7ef0d0f061447cbd902f8a88b73f3b65.jpg

supervisord.log.txt

you already have another container running thats using port 58946 on the host side, thus the container cannot start as the ports already in use.

10 hours ago, DigitalLF said:

Not over the TUN0? I ran a portscan and all was open!

all outgoing ports are open for the tunnel, correct, if you start messing with outgoing connections you will be in a world of pain trying to get deluge working correctly, as for incoming ports, the only open port will be the port forward so not sure how you are port scanning this?. keep in mind this is running a single application, no other processes run, you aren't going to be wanting to secure this in the same way you would secure a vm, but if you want to do this im afraid you are going to be on your own.

Edited by binhex
2 hours ago, binhex said:

you already have another container running thats using port 58946 on the host side, thus the container cannot start as the ports already in use.

No. No other containers are using that port. Not sure what happened. Got the initial warning after the container had been running for an extended period. After 3 or 4 reboots and a couple of hours the docker is now working again.

1 minute ago, wgstarks said:

No. No other containers are using that port. Not sure what happened. Got the initial warning after the container had been running for an extended period. After 3 or 4 reboots and a couple of hours the docker is now working again.

*shrug* well that's what the error message is saying and its coming straight from the docker engine, maybe there is a bug in dynamix where it doesn't remove the old container and its left in a temporary state causing the port clash, anyway glad its now working again.

Edit: SOLVED , but I'll leave it here in case someone runs into the same problem. You can use either command and just use your container ID. You may need to add sudo in front of it.

@binhex

There is a bug affecting me on the latest docker version that will be fixed in the next one.

https://github.com/docker/for-linux/issues/211

https://github.com/moby/moby/issues/36145

There's a workaround for now but I don't know how to change the command to my needs. Below are two examples the docker dev has given but they look different and I'm a noob. ;-)

docker-containerd-ctr --address /run/docker/containerd/docker-containerd.sock --namespace moby c rm <containerd id> 
docker-containerd-ctr --namespace moby --address /run/docker/containerd/docker-containerd.sock c rm b62020cb44e1ed3307195ca4402cdf23ed817c35c52a30da858909398898c8b6

I know my container ID. How would the right command look like for your container?

Thanks!

Edited by TombRaider
words
On 3/1/2018 at 11:42 AM, binhex said:

all outgoing ports are open for the tunnel, correct, if you start messing with outgoing connections you will be in a world of pain trying to get deluge working correctly, as for incoming ports, the only open port will be the port forward so not sure how you are port scanning this?. keep in mind this is running a single application, no other processes run, you aren't going to be wanting to secure this in the same way you would secure a vm, but if you want to do this im afraid you are going to be on your own.

yeah the outgoing should be open. but i wore talking about the incoming. i checked your scripts a bit! DAMN you clearly know what you are doing :D Thank you! :)

But i still have problem with seeding and i don't know why.. but I'm new when it comes to unRAID and Docker.

When i press "Test Active Port" it shows a green icon but still not seeding.

Edited by DigitalLF

Hi gang,

I'm fairly new to Unraid. I have been using Binhex deluge VPN for a couple months now and after adding a cache drive to my array following Spaceinvaders instructions for setup I can't get deluge to start at all. I tried uninstalling and adding it again but I still can't get it to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 minute ago, monano said:

Hi gang,

I'm fairly new to Unraid. I have been using Binhex deluge VPN for a couple months now and after adding a cache drive to my array following Spaceinvaders instructions for setup I can't get deluge to start at all. I tried uninstalling and adding it again but I still can't get it to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Tools - Diagnostics, post complete zip

7 hours ago, trurl said:

So are you still having a problem? Are your other dockers working?

Yes, I still can't get deluge to start. My other dockers work fine. It started once and let me into the webui. But after that it would look started and when i couldn't access the webui I would refresh the docker page and deluge would not be running.

It keeps saying

[info] Deluge not running
[info] Attempting to start Deluge...

2018-03-03 16:48:47,427 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge listening interface currently defined as 213.5.69.108
[info] Deluge listening interface will be changed to 213.5.69.108
[info] Saving changes to Deluge config file /config/core.conf...

2018-03-03 16:48:48,522 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge started

2018-03-03 16:48:48,526 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[debug] VPN incoming port is 
[debug] VPN IP is 213.5.69.108
[debug] Deluge incoming port is 
[debug] Deluge IP is 213.5.69.108

2018-03-03 16:49:18,530 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[debug] Waiting for valid IP address from tunnel...

2018-03-03 16:49:18,746 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[debug] Valid IP address from tunnel acquired '213.5.69.108'

2018-03-03 16:49:18,767 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[info] Deluge not running

2018-03-03 16:49:18,769 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start Deluge...

It makes no difference if i disables OpenVPN or not.

I have other container running on my Synology with success.

supervisord (2).log

1 hour ago, monano said:

Yes, I still can't get deluge to start. My other dockers work fine. It started once and let me into the webui. But after that it would look started and when i couldn't access the webui I would refresh the docker page and deluge would not be running.

follow the procedure in the link below:-

https://lime-technology.com/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=435831