[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

Yes, i do understand that, but i feel it has something to do with how i have the container configured which as far as I can tell shouldn't matter what the host OS is, if I'm wrong, and I'm flat out in the wrong place, I completely understand, just reaching out wherever i can 

7 minutes ago, ozzyc said:

Hey,

I have been trying to google and solve my own problems before bugging anybody here as much as I can and i have gotten to the point where my container is 'working' but performance is complete trash, 25 KiB/s and i simply don't understand why.

I am running docker in windows, I have created the container in windows, and poked around at it in Kitematic.

what useful information can I share to try to figure out why my speeds are awful? sorry i don't even know where to start on this

I don't know which vpn provider you have, but low speed is a typical issue if your vpn provider does not support port forwarding. Torrenting requires an open incoming port to get decent speed. So be sure you have a open port and set that in deluge, or switch vpn provider if they don't support port forwarding. If you have done that and still have issues you should stop the container, turn on the debug flag, delete the supervisord.log file in /config, start the container and let it run a few min. then post the entire supervisord.log file here. Be sure to redact any username/password in the log before you do. 

And you are using an endpoint that supports port forwarding? From what I read on the torguard faq they only support port forwarding on certain locations. I don't know much about docker on windows, maybe something is blocking the port? How does the windows firewall or a third party firewall play with docker?  On second thought the firewall shouldn't matter in this case anyway

Edited by strike

as far as I know the endpoint I am using should support port forwarding, though I am not sure how I can verify that port forwarding is up and running properly.

I did notice when setting up ports none of them specified if they are TCP or UDP. Kitematic seemed to default to thinking they are TCP.

I can try posting a log here as mentioned above

43 minutes ago, taylor.a.keysaw said:

I use your deluge vpn and it has a variable for vpn remote

in that case you are using a very old template, the delugevpn, rtorrentvpn, and sabnzbdvpn templates all do not now (since around early last year) have the ability to define the endpoint via env var, see below in the newbie guide section on how you now change endpoint:-

When I'm trying to run the image, i get:

standard_init_linux.go:178: exec user process caused "exec format error"

Based on what I've googled, it's because the image only works on amd64 and not aarch64. Is this not correct?

Is it possible to make this image run under Aarch64? And is it something I can do myself?

I'm trying to run the image on a Odroid C2, that has a Amlogic S905 ARM Cortex-A53 cpu.

2 hours ago, cfrets said:

Based on what I've googled, it's because the image only works on amd64 and not aarch64. Is this not correct?

yes

Is it possible to make this image run under Aarch64?

not without a LOT of work, which im afraid im not able to do.

And is it something I can do myself?

if you are familiar with bash, docker, openvpn and deluge then yep its doable but it will be a considerable effort.

I have a problem. 

I had to restore my appdata from a backup. All seemed to go well but now I can not access the deluge daemon from any client on my LAN. The webui seems fine. But the daemon seems to be just... not there! 

58846 is open according to nmap:

Host is up (0.0020s latency).
PORT      STATE SERVICE
58846/tcp open  unknown

Where should I be looking to troubleshoot this? supervisord.log (with debug enabled) attached.

dockersettings.png

supervisord.log

Edited by gergtreble
Added docker settings screenshot

Deluge is not able to gather hosts when using VPN but can download the file once hosts are gathered. I have deluge setup to run through PIA with privoxy enabled (used spaceinvaders tutorial). When i add a torrent, it just says 'downloading'. If i disable VPN, it gathers hosts and starts the download. If i re-enable VPN, it can keep downloading. Any ideas i can try? 

this mysteriously started working today... 

thanks for the great container, binhex!

Edited by drewbuntu
On 2/13/2018 at 6:24 PM, rmilyard said:

So I installed binhex deluge vpn yesterday.  All seems fine.  However when I use the plugins Extractor, Blocklist and Label they will disappear when docker it stopped and restarted.  So if reboot server or restart it for some reason.

I'm having the same problem. Will not save plug-in choices after a restart. Everything else works great.

For the last 2 weeks I have been having an issue where Deluge will download torrents just fine then will put any torrent into Pause, existing download or new.

It will continue that behavior for a few days and then works fine again.

Have rebooted the server, no help, input VPN credentials again and again, no help.

So not sure what might be happening here.

Log has nothing unusual in it.

Any one have this issue lately?

Any thoughts as to remedy would be appreciated. 

Ok so firstly I do apologize as I've read several places about issues with VyprVPN, but as this VPN is something I've been using for over 5 years on all my different platforms, I'm trying to get it to work with unRaid. I do understand if none are able to help or care, but if someone can think of any resolution to this, I would be eternally grateful. And several posts around web do hint that some at least would like to use it? :D

I have used VyprVPN with Ubuntu, windows, android and several other os with no issues, all with OpenVPN connections, so this should really not be that hard to figure out, hopefully I'm neglecting some simple change :)

Tried first on the 6.4.1 release, then again on the latest stable 6.5 release with same issue. I have triple checked the login details, and I do know they are correct, just not working trough unRaid for some reason from what I can see in the log file. Log file attached.

I did try to change .ovpn name from name to IP address that I want to connect too, same issue, and several other servers tested for good measure.

Deleted all the files, downloaded container again, redid all the config files, exactly the same issue.

I'm willing to try and test anything (almost)to get this to work :D  :P

Tnx in advance for any help :)

supervisord.log

8 hours ago, ProZac said:

Ok so firstly I do apologize as I've read several places about issues with VyprVPN, but as this VPN is something I've been using for over 5 years on all my different platforms, I'm trying to get it to work with unRaid. I do understand if none are able to help or care, but if someone can think of any resolution to this, I would be eternally grateful. And several posts around web do hint that some at least would like to use it? :D

I have used VyprVPN with Ubuntu, windows, android and several other os with no issues, all with OpenVPN connections, so this should really not be that hard to figure out, hopefully I'm neglecting some simple change :)

Tried first on the 6.4.1 release, then again on the latest stable 6.5 release with same issue. I have triple checked the login details, and I do know they are correct, just not working trough unRaid for some reason from what I can see in the log file. Log file attached.

I did try to change .ovpn name from name to IP address that I want to connect too, same issue, and several other servers tested for good measure.

Deleted all the files, downloaded container again, redid all the config files, exactly the same issue.

I'm willing to try and test anything (almost)to get this to work :D  :P

Tnx in advance for any help :)

supervisord.log

authentication failure:-

Mon Mar 19 02:11:18 2018 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

double check your credentials, also ensure your password only contains characters a-z, A-Z, 0-9 no special chars.

9 minutes ago, binhex said:

authentication failure:-

Mon Mar 19 02:11:18 2018 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

double check your credentials, also ensure your password only contains characters a-z, A-Z, 0-9 no special chars.

Hey binhex thanks for the reply. (LOVE ur work btw :) )
I have triple and quadruple checked my login details, sadly they are correct and I don't use any special characters. Hence my worry that this might be some stupid vypr configuration settings that need to be changed somewhere.

2 minutes ago, ProZac said:

Hey binhex thanks for the reply. (LOVE ur work btw :) )
I have triple and quadruple checked my login details, sadly they are correct and I don't use any special characters. Hence my worry that this might be some stupid vypr configuration settings that need to be changed somewhere.

there is only two reasons for it to fail with auth failed and that is incorrect username and/or password, or if the vpn provider uses private key authentication, then an out of date/incorrect private key.

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

there is only two reasons for it to fail with auth failed and that is incorrect username and/or password, or if the vpn provider uses private key authentication, then an out of date/incorrect private key.

Hmm not sure about the private key authentication.

Sorry if this might be a stupid question as I'm fairly new on unRaid, but is there an easy way to test the docker with manual entry of credentials instead of the credentials.conf file being used?

1 minute ago, ProZac said:

Hmm not sure about the private key authentication.

Sorry if this might be a stupid question as I'm fairly new on unRaid, but is there an easy way to test the docker with manual entry of credentials instead of the credentials.conf file being used?

not easily, no, maybe try changing your password on the vpn website, and then change it for this container and see if that kicks it into life, another thought, maybe you have whitespace at the end of the username and/or password, if so remove it.

24 minutes ago, binhex said:

not easily, no, maybe try changing your password on the vpn website, and then change it for this container and see if that kicks it into life, another thought, maybe you have whitespace at the end of the username and/or password, if so remove it.

Hmm did change it once before, but tried again to make sure, no whitespace anywhere. Even tried copy pasting it to windows login screen, works perfect there so the problem is in the config between unraid and vypr from what I can understand. Weird.

I read the command the docker sends on line 368, wouldn't it be possible to run this somehow directly to terminal in unRaid but change the auth method from file to user/pass? I see where it refers to the cred.conf file, would just changing it to user/pass work?

Ok some serious testing tried, can't get openVPN connection at all trough unRaid, terminal nor plugin. Seems they all end up with same error: auth fail

Waiting for goldenfrog stupid chat support to come online, I'l see if there could be some issues with auth method :) Or maybe I'm forgetting something stupidly simple hehe.

I'l report results asap :)

16 hours ago, whwunraid said:

For the last 2 weeks I have been having an issue where Deluge will download torrents just fine then will put any torrent into Pause, existing download or new.

It will continue that behavior for a few days and then works fine again.

Have rebooted the server, no help, input VPN credentials again and again, no help.

So not sure what might be happening here.

Log has nothing unusual in it.

Any one have this issue lately?

Any thoughts as to remedy would be appreciated. 

Check to see if you are running low on cache. 

On 7/6/2017 at 10:03 AM, zandrsn said:

This container has been working great for me with PIA for downloading, but for some reason once downloading is complete and I try to seed I get an error that says "cannot assign requested address". Any ideas how I can fix this? I'm mostly downloading from private trackers. 

Did you ever have any success with fixing this?  I'm getting that error now and haven't found an answer yet.