[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

On 3/21/2018 at 10:32 PM, Chamzamzoo said:

You're right. I had assumed it was in an error state as it paused my downloads and repeats this message every 30s, it looked like it was retrying for a port.

Downloads are running, but I don't get a PIA IP via the proxy anymore (another thing that led me to believe it was down).

Any ideas?

After the update last night I no longer have the proxy issue :) Thanks Binhex and Strike for helping.

Edited by Chamzamzoo

I realize that has little to do with the docker, but more with plugins. I'm using the "Copy Completed" plugin and I notice that my settings tend to revert after X amount of time. Perhaps someone has a thought. The config file below has the following permissions.

-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users    139 Mar 22 08:10 copycompleted.conf

Has anyone noticed your settings not sticking?

Has the default password for the webui changed recently?  I have not used DelugeVPN for a few weeks, but, I have updated the docker a couple of times in that time.  Today, I tried to access the webui with the default password (which I have not changed) of "deluge" and it just comes back to the password prompt.

I apologize if this has been covered and I missed it in my quick read through the last few pages of the forum.

The container starts, stops and updates without issue.

EDIT: I just perused the forum again.  Perhaps the issue is deeper that just a webui password problem (although that is all I see now)?  if the webui password has not changed, do you need a supervisord.log?

I am using PIA and login and password has not changed and woks fine on my Windows client. I am using the Netherlands endpoint.  I guess I don't know if the problem goes deeper than just a failure to authenticate in the webui as I can not get past that point.

UPDATE: Looks like this is a browser (Firefox) issue. Clearing cache does not fix issue in Firefox Quantum 59.0.1.  Webui login works in Chrome or Edge.

Edited by Hoopster

I have a few questions regarding Delugevpn. For my VPN provider, I have to send an email for them to enable port forwarding. I have a port forwarding range of 49,000 - 49,999 udp or tcp. I left the ports to default for the container, so I would need to replace the incoming port which is 58946, with one from my VPN’s approved range, correct? Do I need to forward the daemon port? Also, can I use both DelugeVPN and SabnzbdVPN at the same time? When I try to start Delugevpn, I always get a server error, but when I stop sabnzbdvpn, the webui for Delugevpn starts without issues.  Can sabnzbdvpn use privoxy from Delugevpn? I didn’t see an option for it in sabnzbd’s setting options?

On 3/22/2018 at 3:08 PM, greennick said:

I am new to all this, just setting everything up after building a server, so please bare with me.  I can't get Deluge to work.  I thought I had set it all up right, but I get the following errors:

In deluge on each download:

Status: Permission denied: /downloads/incomplete/ubuntu-17.10.1-server-amd64.iso

Then in the deluge log files:

2018-03-21 21:23:22,306 DEBG 'deluge-web-script' stdout output:
[info] Starting Deluge webui...

e":"can not get logs from container which is dead or marked for removal"}
e":"No such container: a5cdf7b73613"}

What should I look at changing first?

Thanks

Really at a loss with this as it seems my permissions are fine (ran New Permissions to be sure):

root@Tower:~# ls -l /mnt/user/downloads
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   0 Mar 21 22:49 completed/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  24 Mar 18 16:55 dst/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   0 Mar 21 22:49 incomplete/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 116 Mar 23 06:55 nzb/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  24 Mar 23 06:55 queue/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   0 Mar 23 06:55 tmp/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   0 Mar 21 22:49 unzipped_torrents/

Hi, I have been running an old version of this docker for a long long time and it worked perfectly.

I was stuck on the old version due to some VPN issues but they are resolved now and the current version works fine with my VPN. 

Thanks for that!!

But here is my new problem, my sonarr does not talk to deluge anymore. The error I get is this:

Unknown exception: The request timed out: 'http://192.168.2.130:8112/json'

Deluge is configured on the default port and password.

Looking for answers:  https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/solved-linking-sonarr-to-deluge/13364/3

This suggests to enable the WebUI plugin in Deluge, but I can't enable it. The Apply or OK button don't work and it always returns to disabled.

I have a feeling I encountered this before, but I can't figure it out this time.

What kind of addtional details would you need?

I am fairly sure it is something simple that I am missing!

btw CP is still working, but I think they use different protocols.

Thanks

My DelugeVPN docker seems to have got itself into an odd state.  If I attempt to stop or restart from the unRAID web GUI, the green arrow/triangle rotates but nothing happens.  The log doesn't update - it still says 'Uptime 2 days' and if I retrieve the log I get about two hours worth of log looking very repetitive:

2018-03-25 21:10:30,415 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[debug] VPN incoming port is 43796
[debug] VPN IP is 10.17.10.6
[debug] Deluge incoming port is 43796
[debug] Deluge IP is 10.17.10.6

2018-03-25 21:11:00,417 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[debug] Waiting for valid IP address from tunnel...

2018-03-25 21:11:00,549 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[debug] Valid IP address from tunnel acquired '10.17.10.6'

2018-03-25 21:11:00,554 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[debug] Incoming port for tunnel is '43796'

2018-03-25 21:11:00,973 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:

2018-03-25 21:11:00,973 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:

2018-03-25 21:11:30,975 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:

2018-03-25 21:11:31,107 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[debug] Valid IP address from tunnel acquired '10.17.10.6'

2018-03-25 21:11:31,113 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:
[debug] Incoming port for tunnel is '43796'

2018-03-25 21:11:31,515 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:

2018-03-25 21:11:31,516 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:

2018-03-25 21:12:01,518 DEBG 'deluge-script' stdout output:

My Internet connection is up and running.

Other containers can be stopped and restarted.

I'm using PIA netherlands.  Other than accepting updates as they are issued, I haven't made any changes to the DelugeVPN setup.

I don't know whether it's connected, but if I log in to the unRAID host, I get repeating messages every ten seconds, making it difficult to use the console:

Message from syslogd@Tower at Mar 25 23:58:43 ...
 kernel:unregister_netdevice: waiting for tun0 to become free. Usage count = 1

Any idea what's going on?  Do I need to reboot (when the kids have finished watching movies).

If I attempt to 'force update' on the DelugeVPN container, I just get a 'Please wait ....' when attempting to stop the container.

Edited by PeterB
On 25/03/2018 at 8:47 AM, roland said:

Hi, I have been running an old version of this docker for a long long time and it worked perfectly.

I was stuck on the old version due to some VPN issues but they are resolved now and the current version works fine with my VPN. 

Thanks for that!!

But here is my new problem, my sonarr does not talk to deluge anymore. The error I get is this:

Unknown exception: The request timed out: 'http://192.168.2.130:8112/json'

Deluge is configured on the default port and password.

Looking for answers:  https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/solved-linking-sonarr-to-deluge/13364/3

This suggests to enable the WebUI plugin in Deluge, but I can't enable it. The Apply or OK button don't work and it always returns to disabled.

I have a feeling I encountered this before, but I can't figure it out this time.

What kind of addtional details would you need?

I am fairly sure it is something simple that I am missing!

btw CP is still working, but I think they use different protocols.

Thanks

take a look at the screenshot in the link below, this is how sonarr should be configured, does yours look the same?:--

https://github.com/binhex/images/blob/master/docker/config/sonarr-deluge.png

On 24/03/2018 at 3:31 AM, greennick said:

Really at a loss with this as it seems my permissions are fine (ran New Permissions to be sure):

root@Tower:~# ls -l /mnt/user/downloads
total 0
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   0 Mar 21 22:49 completed/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  24 Mar 18 16:55 dst/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   0 Mar 21 22:49 incomplete/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 116 Mar 23 06:55 nzb/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  24 Mar 23 06:55 queue/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   0 Mar 23 06:55 tmp/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users   0 Mar 21 22:49 unzipped_torrents/

what is your umask set to?, had a VERY similar issue only a few days ago with another guy who set is umask to 755, that is a  BAD idea.

4 minutes ago, binhex said:

what is your umask set to?, had a VERY similar issue only a few days ago with another guy who set is umask to 755, that is a  BAD idea.

Thanks for the response binhex.  I didn't think I changed any of those settings following the advice of Spaceinvader One in his binhex videos.  Settings are attached, umask is 000.

deluge mask settings.JPG

On 23/03/2018 at 4:20 AM, Otacon said:

so I would need to replace the incoming port which is 58946, with one from my VPN’s approved range, correct?

yes

Do I need to forward the daemon port?

no

Also, can I use both DelugeVPN and SabnzbdVPN at the same time?

yes, just ensure that privoxy is running on a different host port otherwise they will clash.

When I try to start Delugevpn, I always get a server error, but when I stop sabnzbdvpn, the webui for Delugevpn starts without issues

this is probably the port clashing, see previous comment.

Can sabnzbdvpn use privoxy from Delugevpn?

i would def NOT recommend this, it would be difficult/impossible to setup for a start, the recommended way would be for each container to have a separate vpn tunnel, most good quality vpn providers allow multiple connections.

3 minutes ago, greennick said:

Thanks for the response binhex.  I didn't think I changed any of those settings following the advice of Spaceinvader One in his binhex videos.  Settings are attached, umask is 000.

deluge mask settings.JPG

ok can you screenshot the rest of the config, im interested mainly in the volume mappings.

1 minute ago, greennick said:

here are the rest of the settings

deluge settings 1.JPG

deluge settings 2.JPG

deluge settings 3.JPG

deluge settings 4.JPG

yeah, so /downloads does not exist, see below for snippet from your screenshot:-

image.png.ea314ed54a936b92ae4833420f5b70a5.png

note the container path, its not called /downloads, its called /data, thus you are trying to store downloads in a folder that doesn't exist, change your config in deluge to use /data/<whatever>.

1 minute ago, binhex said:

yeah, so /downloads does not exist, see below for snippet from your screenshot:-

image.png.ea314ed54a936b92ae4833420f5b70a5.png

note the container path, its not called /downloads, its called /data, thus you are trying to store downloads in a folder that doesn't exist, change your config in deluge to use /data/<whatever>.

I created a share called downloads, would that not work?  In SI1s video he created a downloads share and then linked to that.  Do I need to create a data share to switch to that folder?

Or do you mean I should path it to /data/downloads/incomplete?

downloads folder structure.JPG

downloads share.JPG

10 minutes ago, greennick said:

created a share called downloads, would that not work? 

in short you have two options ro resolve this:-

1. stop the container and change the container path (not to be confused with the host path) from /data to /downloads.

or 

2. reconfigure deluge and change /downloads/incomplete to /data/incomplete, do the same for completed.

you really need to get your head around volume mappings, take a look here for my explanation of it Q4:-

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433612

Edited by binhex
11 minutes ago, binhex said:

in short you have two options ro resolve this:-

1. stop the container and change the container path (not to be confused with the host path) from /data to /downloads.

or 

2. reconfigure deluge and change /downloads/incomplete to /data/incomplete, do the same for completed.

you really need to get your head around volume mappings, take a look here for my explanation of it Q4:-

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?tab=comments#comment-433612

Agh, that is so simple of a fix that has taken me hours to get to!  I changed the path in deluge to /data/incomplete and it works. 

So, essentially in the deluge app it will replace /data with the mapping to /mtn/user/downloads I mapped in the docker container?  So, I have the following;

I created a share /mnt/user/downloads

Within which I created an incomplete directory: /mnt/user/downloads/incomplete

In the deluge docker settings /data is mapped to /mnt/user/downloads

Then within deluge I map incomplete to: /data/incomplete

Edit, I just downloaded a 1.5gb test file in less than 5 minutes, which moved to complete with no issues, so everything is working !  Cheers binhex, sent a small donation your way for the help.

1 minute ago, greennick said:

I created a share /mnt/user/downloads

Within which I created an incomplete directory: /mnt/user/downloads/incomplete

In the deluge docker settings /data is mapped to /mnt/user/downloads

Then within deluge I map incomplete to: /data/incomplete

you got it!, thats it in a nutshell.